BO-beau kitchen + garden
8384 La Mesa Blvd
La Mesa, CA 91942-9218Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
BO-beau kitchen + garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/bobeaukitchengarden
- Phone: (619) 337-3445
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Moore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BO-beau kitchen + garden
BO beau kitchen + garden is located in the Village of La Mesa. BO beau offers Sophisticated Comfort Food with Global Inspirations. We have 24 Beers on tap, a worldly wine list and a full bar with eclectic cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
BO-beau kitchen + garden - Best Restaurants in La Mesa ›
BO-beau kitchen + garden reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (117)great for outdoor dining (110)fit for foodies (95)special occasion (54)good for groups (52)romantic (41)kid-friendly (37)hot spot (30)great for brunch (24)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (20)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Not Up To ParDianaVIPDined on 11/22/2014We go here lots since they opened. This last experience was disappointing because of the food. Our fav chicken dish was replaced with a simple chicken dish that I could have easily prepared at home: a roasted chicken breast on top of kale with mushrooms. At $36 for two of us, it was a rip off. At a lower price, it could be appropriate for light eaters on a diet. When we dine out, we expect a more complex dish with some plating eye appeal. This was neither. And we left hungry, even though we started with soups and had wine. I hope this doesn't mean "new chef". If so, changes need to be made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisapointedJulesDined on 11/19/2014My husband and I have been to your establishment several times in the past and we have enjoyed the food, service and ambiance. However, we decided to take our out-of-town relatives to Bo Beau last Wednesday night and we were very disappointed. The starters were good but the onion and tomato bisque soups were not good and the chicken in the chicken flatbread had a lot of gristle. I'm sorry to say that my brother said he would not come back. My husband and I are wondering if we should consider coming again. We are residents of La Mesa and we are very disappointed. On a positive note the wine and beer were great and or server was very good.Special Features:
- Eat your veggies!BMan1008VIPDined on 11/16/2014We were in the mood for a burger with fries, however we just couldn't pass up the opportunity for those crispy Brussel Sprouts. Always a yummy choice. Server was really great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience and food!KBrummetDined on 11/16/2014Love the unique menu items. The patio is so cozy and it feels like you are outside but not out in the open. Fresh air was nice! They have heaters so you stay warm but not hot. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatEricDined on 11/15/2014The staff, the food, and the service were all great. The only thing I would change is the escargot. It's just a bowl of mushrooms, and not very tasty. I would prefer real escargot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food slow serviceBernieTDined on 11/7/2014while the food and prices were good, it took almost 1 hour before we were served. Found this to be unacceptable.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The Brussel sprouts are amazing. Huge portions. The burger is one of the best I have had. Live the look of the restaurant. Hope it stays around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JdavisVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our second vist, quickly becoming one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2lagittoeatDined on 10/25/2014Food was amazing and service was great too, only disappointing thing a cocktail Sangria was not good at all. But everything elase was a mazing and we will be back with friends and family.Special Features:
- servicevaldinerDined on 10/22/2014Service was a little slow but nice. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great patio.goodDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant in La Mesa Village. We were seated immediately on the huge, beautiful patio. The food was outstanding. be sure to get brussal sprouts. My only complaint would be the kids. Parents, I know you're concerned but your kids are fine with a babysitter. Go have a nice, romantic dinner without them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoveredFancyfeastsDined on 10/16/2014We were hoping to sit side by side and they accommodated, we needed time and they gave it to us, we asked for special off menu items, they improvised, my last sip of wine had sediment, they brought us one on the house... They had us completely coveredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnemDined on 10/15/2014Another great experience at Bo Beau! The outdoor patio is lovely. They even have blankets if you get cold. We started with the deviled eggs and brussel sprouts which were delicious. For entrees we had boeuf Bourguignon and the pork shank. The beef was so tender and delicious. The service was equally as awesome as the food. Our server Steven was full of personality and was so much fun! This is one of the best restaurants I have been to in a long time. I will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianaDined on 10/12/2014Portions are huge and one can and should share dishes.Special Features:
- You gotta go!srmsandiegoDined on 10/11/2014This place came highly recommended, and everything we heard was spot on. Our server knew the menu well, and made great recommendations. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Cohn gp standardsGreen1Dined on 10/11/2014It looks like this restaurant was an afterthought.ie." Lets see how to maximize income and minimize costs" seems to be their approach. Too bad ...
- Yummy!KylaraDined on 10/11/2014You have to try the Brussels sprout appetizer! It's not like some places with super mini portions. It feeds 2-3 ppl. Great cocktails. I love the cool twist they put on recipes so that's it's new/ tasty. The mussels with curry sauce was AMAZING! We will come back to have my in-laws try it. It was huge too! We split it between the 2 of us :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!LisacyclerDined on 10/10/2014The indoors and outdoor patio are really charming. Food is really good, just a bit fatty and cheesy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unclepaul2VIPDined on 10/10/2014Outdoor area was fun. The food was terrific. Our server was inattentive, which is unusual for Bo Beau La Mesa.Special Features:
- Best Brussels sprouts!cindy3638Dined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed the appetizers, entrees, and desserts! Nice to finally have a good dining spot in east county. My metal chair was uncomfortable, but the waitress brought us seat cushions and that made all the difference in comfort! The outside dining looked nice and the separate bar area looked like a hot spot. Great beer selection! I will be back.Special Features:
- Bo-Beau's Boo-BooLetDownDined on 10/1/2014We have eaten at the Ocean Beach location before and found it generally good. My wife loves the brussel sprouts, but they ere a bit dry this time. I don't know if this was on the restaurant or Open Table, but this location was NOT participating in the second week extension of restaurant week, as was suggested by the Open Table site. Our server checked with the manager and came back with the excuse that each location decides whether to honor the extension or not. It would have been good to know this in advance so we could have tried one of the restaurants participating in the extension.Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor ServiceEpicureReViewerDined on 9/26/2014Restaurant Week (RW) usually crowds out the venues and this was not an exception. Bo-beau's K&G, packed when we arrived after 8:00PM, was nearly empty by 10PM yet the service (never good) worsened over time. Had we not had the prix fixe RW option cancelled the dessert order; instead we waited close to a half hour for them (the fault, seemingly, of the kitchen, not the server--who comped 2 drinks due to the delays). Overall, the Beef Bourguignon was tasty (if liquid-less), the appetizers overpromised but underdelivered, and the vaunted desserts, which were to be served hot, were not. It's great to have this restaurant in La Mesa but until it gets the service side cleaned up, consider avoiding Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Bo-beauronannVIPDined on 9/26/2014Bo-beau is great, but just wish the seating was more comfortable. We were seated at a picnic table outside and it was extremely uncomfortable. Hard wood seat and no back. Food and Service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly goodrickbfDined on 9/26/2014The entrees were very good (mussels and sausage, skirt steak) but the salad, an heirloom tomato and buratta salad was terrible. The tomatoes had absolutely no taste. We buy heirloom tomatoes at farmers markets and they are always sweet and juicy. the tomatoes in this salad were rock hard and bland. We mentioned this to the waitress and she kind of ignored out comments.Special Features:
- Patio dining reviewAdjangopDined on 9/26/2014Great innovative dishes like all Cohen Group eateries. Busy on a Fri night, but still not difficult to get a table. Brussels sprout appetizer was amazing and I was hesitant to get it. Pork shank was an eye catcher and flavorful but didn't like it as much as I have other dishes. Not sure why. Look forward to returning to try something else.Special Features:
- Best in East Countywinecook1Dined on 9/25/2014We had a lovely evening sitting out on their patio and enjoying the summer evening. My wife had the Pork Belly flatbread with the apple wood smoked bacon, white cheddar, caramelized onions. I had the Burger Royale with pork belly, gouda, onion jam, roasted garlic aioli. Both were delicious. The Burger Royal is one of the top three burgers in San Diego County. It is nice that the East county finally has a nice restaurant. On previous trip I have had the Brussels Sprouts and they are outstanding. I would highly recommend this place. The Cohn’s have done it right … again.Special Features:
- La Mesa Bo-Beau DisappointmentyumyumDined on 9/25/2014The Restaurant Week Bo-Beau's in Ocean Beach had a fantastic French menu. The one in La Mesa did not. We sat outside & were pestered by flies. The service was lackluster. We had to ask for bread and water, for example. I had to end up ordering a burger, & the waiter did not even ask if I wanted a condiment.
- Delicious with Great ServiceMoniqueDined on 9/25/2014Food was delicious. The brussel sprouts are out of this world good. The steak was cooked to perfection. The mussels are something on their own. The beer brew they are steamed in is a wonderful concoction. Absolutely loved everything we ate. Will definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Try the BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014Food was good. Sprouts and restaurant week special seemed overcooked. The burger was amazing. As was service and environment. Definitely willing to give menu another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place, perfect food.jules58Dined on 9/23/2014We have been to the original Bo-beau many times but decided ti check out this location. We were so happy we did. Loved everything about it. The menu slightly different but still had the amazing brussel sprouts we love. We also had the peach bbq ribs (yummy), panzanella salad, salmon and an amazing pumpkin bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnemDined on 9/21/2014First time to Bo Beau. I was very impressed. The Brussel sprouts and deviled eggs were delicious! Boeuf Bourguignon was excellent and very tender. My companions had the flat iron steak which was cooked well. However, the au poivre sauce was not good. It wasn't even a sauce. The server said it was prepared with green peppercorns which it wasn't. There was no sauce, just black peppercorns sitting on the top of the steak...not too appetizing at all. The server was very attentive and knowledgable. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Amazing as always!cb55Dined on 9/19/2014They never fail to impress me... Everything is great every time we come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Catherine was great with all of our special requests.Special Features:
- great brussel grilled sproutscjc1Dined on 9/7/2014The grilled brussel sprouts are worth going for! the burger w/ carmelized onions is great also. Service is very good, efficient & friendly. Drinks are small & overall the food & drink are a bit over priced. Nice place but only for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service not so greatGavinVIPDined on 9/6/2014Not sure how to review this one, we were super excited for the food, heard so many great things. Started with the flat bread special that day, and some drinks. Then had the curry mussels and the brussel sprouts all were delicous. Now the service, server came by, very upbeat and friendly, we were hungry, so ordered the flat bread to start. She comes back 5 minutes later and asks if we would like an appetizer, told her we ordered, oops she forgot. Then tell her dinner order, brussel sprouts with panchetta on the side and the mussels. She comes back 5 minutes later and says, you wanted the mussels and the flat bread right? No, the mussels and the brussel sprouts panchetta on the side. Order comes panchetta all over the brussel sprouts :(Special Features:
- Great service and foodLorenaDined on 9/6/2014I've always loved Cohn Restaurant Group locations and our first visit to Bo-beau kitchen + garden did not disappoint! We went here for our anniversary dinner and had a special, low-key evening. We went to the bar, which was outdoors, and ordered a drink. Shortly thereafter, we were shown our table in the outdoor garden and our waiter brought the drinks we had ordered. From first sip, we knew our dinner would be delicious. Every bite was filling, delicious and a fresh take on tried-and-true favorites (yes, you should try the Brussels sprouts!). We really enjoyed our experience, too. Our waiter, Steven, was funny, attentive and had perfect timing. I HIGHLY recommend Bo-beau kitchen + garden!Special Features:
- kvolDined on 9/6/2014We have been here a few times and have always enjoyed. This was the first time I was slightly let down. They changed their famous brussel sprout appetizer and it is not nearly as tasty as it used to be. Though we sat inside both my husband and I felt like we were swatting flies away the whole time, he even needed to have his beer replaced because one became a floater in his drink. We went in for an early dinner at 6 and was surprised to find our service was slower than expected given the level of business, not sure how many tables our server was taking care of. There are not a great number of places right out here in La Mesa so I know we will be back but I just hope this does not fall victim to the "cursed location."Special Features:
- Very nice overallHorsewomanDined on 9/6/2014Very nice dining experience, waiter was prompt and helpful on suggestions. Did not have to wait long, and the ambience of the outside was very nicely set. I tend to get very lousy service most of the places I go, but I would definitely highly recommend this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor policiesRichardC1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Went for happy hour with our two small doggies so had to sit in the patio which is very nice. However they would not let us order from the happy hour menu, only the high price regular menu. Happy hour is only in the bar which didn't allow pets. I can understand the main dinning area, but the patio is an extension of the bar, not near the main dinning area. The Flatbread special was $18 and small. The fried chicken also $18 for two small pieces of dark meat chicken. Patio was very nice, but empty. I think the only reason they don't have happy hour in the empty patio is one of greed and not good customer relations.Special Features:
- Date nightteamVIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a truly amazing place to dine. they keep it fresh and the staff is will trained. We have been dining there regular on Wednesday night and we always book our table online.Special Features: