Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood
10740 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blvd16.com/
- Phone: (310) 474-7765
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour Cocktails/Wine: Monday-Sunday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Bar Hours: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hodge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With available space ranging from intimate to extraordinary, BLVD 16 is the ideal place to host your event!
Call our catering team at 424.901.7295 to arrange all your plans: from an intimate brunch for you and your girlfriends, a chef-designed culinary adventure for a business group or a full-on tailor made birthday celebration. We look forward to making your event a special one!
A word from Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood
BLVD 16 extensive menu celebrates the diverse flavors and tradition of American regional cooking. The menu evolves with the seasons to feature the freshest seafood, poultry and local produce, sourced locally and regionally. Diners experience approachable American dishes in their freshest, brightest and most flavorful presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Geffen Playhouse ConvenientGeffenGirlDined on 10/12/2014Within 1 mile of the Geffen Playhouse, if you like to walk, it's a good stretch. We parked at the Palazzo Parking garage, then walked. We took a Taxi back which was convenient because Boulevard 16 is part of the Palomar hotel. The waiter, Joe, was outstanding, and got us out of there and even called a cab for us when he knew it was getting close to showtime. Food is definitely not hotel food :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- off night?luv2dineDined on 9/6/2014we were there on a sat night at 930 and the restaurant and bar were empty. like only six-other-people-in-the-place empty. however - the bartender was friendly and attentive and the drink I had; the boulevard - was outstanding and the buratta "salad" we had was delicious. we did have to ask for more bread because they only bring you two small slices for enough buratta that requires five or six slices. we ended up not staying for dinner and went somewhere else only because it was so painfully quiet. he said it was always packed during the week for happy hour and dinner with locals and business travelers. hmpf. maybe we'll try it again.Special Features:
- Disappointing MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Very limited menu. Our server was wonderful - but he couldn't change what was available. He did suggest a lovely citrus dressing for my salad. However, the salad was not edible because it tasted like the top fell off the salt shaker. The rest of the food was plentiful, but just fair. The fried vegetables, calamari, and rock shrimp appetizer was quite good. It is nice that the restaurant offers those from the neighborhood a discount. We didn't know about that, so it was another way our waiter shined.Special Features:
- The following 292 reviews are from the Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood reviews archive.
- Not a Lunch hotspotNitinDined on 7/7/2014Didn't need this reservation for lunch!!! The restaurant was practically empty in the lunch hour. I've been there at dinner, and they do very well. Was my first time for lunch there and was surprised that it was deserted. Good food.Special Features:
- Food was WonderfulThankyouDined on 6/27/2014Food was great...but I was a bit disappointed..I made my reservation and told them it was my son's birthday...Nothing was said or no special attention was made by the staff. Why ask if you are not going to do anything about it.Special Features:
- PerfectKaysiDined on 6/17/2014I've never had more perfect service at a restaurant. My friend and I were seated as soon as we arrived and given our choice of tables. Water was brought immediately and our server, Alex, wasn't more than a minute behind that. He didn't even flinch when I mentioned my dairy allergy and knew the menu well enough to already have options for me. The food was amazing and, when the time for dessert rolled around, Alex already knew which desserts I could have! Incidentally, the raspberry sorbet was heavenly and my friend loved her Deconstructed S'mores. We were there past closing but even the busser didn't seem to mind. I'm a server with a food allergy. If they can please me, they can please anyone :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What It Used to BeRobWDined on 6/12/2014We have visited Blvd 16 several times over the past four years and our most recent visit confirmed a steady diminishment in terms of service and food quality. Our waiter was ill-prepared in terms of answering the simplest questions ("What kind of fish is used in the preparation of the fish tacos?") and the menu lacked the flair and imagination that was evident in years past. In truth, the food was pretty average, not what one would expect from a restaurant associated with an upscale boutique hotel.Special Features:
- Great for a Last-Minute ReunionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014I went here with a friend when I was briefly visiting LA. We shared the cheese fondue starter, which was delectable. She got the Blvd burger which she quite enjoyed and I got the special burger, the 50/50. I wasn't particularly impressed with my burger. We both ordered the same cocktail (I believe it was called White Julep) but my friend's came in a significantly smaller glass. Hers held probably half of the amount of alcohol as mine did. We mentioned this to a server and he replaced her drink, free of charge. The really annoying thing is that over the course of our meal, we were repeatedly interrupted by our server and by two other members of staff. It's great to check in and ask how things are, but 6 times in an hour is too much.Special Features:
- Great service, way too noisyPeterDined on 5/10/2014The turkey burgers and tiramisu creme brûlée were excellent. The Caesar salad was completely disappointing -- no Caesar sauce, and barely any cheese; no croutons or anchovies. The waitress (Christie)'s service was outstanding. The music was blasting to the point that it was hard to carry out a conversation; we had asked that they turn the music down, to no avail. Food was on the pricey side -- $16 for a Turkey burger, most entrees in the mid $20s, creme brûlée $10.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemRoGoVIPDined on 4/22/2014You don't know it's there but you should. Great drinks and excellent food. Our server, Alex, was a pro and really made the experience special. We'll be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special ExperienceLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 4/15/2014Blvd 16 in the Palomar Hotel, just outside Westwood Village, is a truly delightful place. Exquisite and creative cuisine, elegant yet comfortable ambiance, and particularly friendly and attentive service. And reasonably priced as well. My favorite place on the West Side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud & saltyPickyEaterVIPDined on 3/9/2014Started well with free wine & lovely lounge space. Ended badly with overly salty hamburger & a convention group whose noise level made it impossible to have a conversation even when we moved to the furthest table.
- We enjoyed itYbnormaallDined on 3/2/2014Met some friends for Sunday brunch here. We enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and the food. The service was great as well. Beautiful Hotel.Special Features:
- A delightful surprise!LuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 2/27/2014We stumbled upon this jewel of a restaurant in an Open Table search and thought ok, it's near our event, let's try it. Arrived with no expectations other than we needed fuel before the concert and we were blown away by the food, the service and the ambience. It suddenly became a romantic date night. We're big foodies and eat out a lot so this review comes with a reputation for fine dining. Cheese plate to start, I had the amazing salmon over bok choy and my husband the pork chops and honestly have never tasted more tender chops. Just sayin! The restaurant even validated our parking for $5 since it's housed in the Hotel Palomar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice dinnerKatyDined on 2/22/2014We had a very nice dinner and loved the salmon dish. We would come back if in the area.Special Features:
- Eh..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014Service was excellent. Warm, prompt and friendly. Best part of the meal. As for the food, very hit or miss. My quite-hyped and expensive Ribeye and frites was simply not good. The steak was painfully thin, a quater to three eights inches thick at the most, and quite oily. It would have been an ok portion of meat at a $15-20 price point but at $32 I felt used. Also the quality of the meat was more along the lines of what you'd expect at a Sizzler. On the other hand, a salmon crudo appetizer was outstanding the night we had dinner. It wasn't prepared quite as well later nights when we ordered it at the bar. The pork chop was thick and perfectly cooked, but the potatoes that accompanied the chop were oily and not well prepared.
- Could and should be better….OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2014The bar scene at Blvd 16 is quite nice. The restaurant itself is quite nice. The service although pleasant left a LOT to be desired. Our drinks took over 20 minutes to arrive. As a matter of fact, our appetizers came before the drinks did. The appetizers as well as the salads came at the same time (we had ordered them as 2 courses). Before the plates were taken away our entrees arrived. The food wasn't bad. Some dishes really good and others just adequate but it was the waiting and then the rushing that made this experience less than perfect. Will try again as it's in the neighborhood but it needs work. Breakfast that we've eaten there has been terrific!
- Consistently a wonderful placelagobelleDined on 1/18/2014Consistently a wonderful place to eat!! As I've celiac disease, I appreciate even more their care in preparing my meals. Thanks, folks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful short ribskathe90035VIPDined on 1/9/2014Love this restaurant! Excellent food, service and atmosphere without the attitude. Did I mention reasonably priced?Special Features:
- High quality foodkathe90035VIPDined on 1/4/2014I had the egg white omlette with turkey sausage; wonderful and recommend it. The service was excellent. I have been here several times before and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Who knew??LetsEatDined on 12/21/2013I live in the neighborhood but never knew there was such a nice restaurant within walking distance! Friends and I met for brunch. It was a nice quiet restaurant with beautiful, modern, clean design. We liked that we could talk and relax and actually hear the conversation. Restaurant was not noisy. Menu is small, but nice variety of dishes-- not large portions but beautifully presented. Service is excellent. Two of us had breakfast burritos -- I would have liked them better a little spicier -- a little more gooey cheese -- visible beans, etc. It was a little bland and dry. I'll probably try another dish next time. My friend had smoked salmon-- with bagel and cream cheese. She liked it. . Prices are moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect when tiredberniedinerDined on 12/19/2013Ok you arrive at the hotel exhausted. Here the bar is lively and the wait staff super friendly. Perfect place to stay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good - ambience ?waldoDined on 12/8/2013The food was attractively served and quite good. The table was too small for 4 people and the overall vibe of the place is a little strange - large room with few people - strange color scheme.
- Mediocre Lunch and Servicepeege26VIPDined on 11/14/2013Went for a business lunch & asked if they could maybe offer baby greens salad with chicken or shrimp add on with quinoa instead since they had another salad made with quinoa. I would have been fine with a NO after checking with the kitchen, but instead they bring me the baby greens and some quinoa from the other salad full of feta, olives & tomatoes. If I had wanted that stuff I would have ordered quinoa salad. So I eat just the greens salad & not the quinoa - it was clearly premixed and they could not undo it. Again, it would have been nice to know &I would have gotten something different. I ate half portion - not the end of the world, but imagine my surprise when bill comes &I am charged for TWO SALADS. Waiter was surprised I asked why!
- Way Above AverageSkyeDined on 11/1/2013The ambiance is serene, but conducive to a certain excitement, which leads to congeniality and romance. The menu is innovative without being esoteric. The wait staff is diligent, agreeable, though a little slow in responding to a follow-up requests. Perhaps further training would help. We appreciate the fact that diners can enjoy some privacy in lovely booths or at tables, which have a great deal of space between them. We liked the innovative salads and delicious desserts. The chef was a bit too generous with the use of hot spices. The pork chops were done to perfection, but the Chicken Maria was a disappointment. The bar bits were excellent. We would definitely return for Brunch, Lunch, Bar, and Dinner. A great neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable settinggwgwVIPDined on 11/1/2013Great, comfortable place to go for a drink after work, small bite to eat or full meal. The bar area is very relaxed. Food is wonderful and service is very attentive. Try the molten chocolate cake for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westwood but no crowdsWestwoodVIPDined on 10/22/2013Interesting place for a restaurant, neat Westwood but not in the Village or on Westwood Blvd. Good though quiet restaurant in hotel a couple of blocks down Wilshire from Westwood. Easy access - no fighting traffic and crowds. And the food is good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treat in Every WayLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 10/8/2013Blvd 16 is on the ground floor of the Palomar Hotel near Westwood. Handsome and unobtrusive, modern furnishing, creating a comfortable and casual, yet upscale vibe; very capable and friendly service; and some of the most exquisitely-prepared cuisine in LA; eclectic menu, with some terrific fish selections.Special Features:
- Unforgettable FoodFoodieDined on 9/29/2013This is a excellent find. Two of the four of us who dined here Sunday night are foodies. I am one of them and the other brought two bottles, a Perrier Jouet to celebrate an occasion and a significant Cab for our dinner. Service was very good and attentive, but not overly so, corkage reasonable, dining room decor pleasant [though not as uber cool as the bar area - but no matter]. The star of the show was food that was so good it made you want to cry. In addition to an amuse bouche that was sinfully good, the appetizers were amazing [try the beet salad or the yellow & red farm tomatoes and burrata], we had one of each, pork chop, salmon, boneless short ribs and steak. All perfect. My steak worth 10 stars. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classy hotel restaurantdesign55Dined on 9/11/2013This restaurant has a gorgeous ambiance. In the bar area... there is lots of comfortable seating and an open, yet cozy feel. In the dining area, there are lots of tables for 2 or 4. It encourages a romantic dinner of 2 or a fun night out for a group of 4 (foodies will love the menu!). I was staying in the hotel overnight and had a quick breakfast before leaving... the service was outstanding and the food was delicious (buttermilk pancakes with strawberries, scrambled eggs with chicken sausage and feta cheese, a great cup of coffee (they offer lattes/ espresso, as well) gave the two of us a great start to the day. I highly recommend this restaurant (and hotel!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service, Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2013We decided to try someplace new in Westwood through open table, and had a terrific server who was really nice and knowledgeable. We only wished we weren't leaving early as we had tickets for the Geffen or we'd have stayed much longer. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blvd 16 restaurant Palomar Hotel LAWilyoneDined on 7/23/2013Good choice on menu. Reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant. Service was excellent. Quality of food was very good. I would certainly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected GempetuniapalmDined on 7/20/2013Who knew that such a lovely, reasonably priced, hip eaterie was in the Palomar Hotel! The food and service were excellent. And we loved the modern, sleek atmosphere. My only complaint is that it's hard to speak to a real person when one tries calling, being forwarded to voice mail instead. On three occasions, I left messages for a "call back" but never received one. By the way, Blvd 16 has a private room which can accommodate 8-10 and a larger room which could probably hold 20. I would definitely recommend. Great for a family event (birthday) or a romantic evening.Special Features:
- My daughter and I had a veryFoodieGalDined on 7/20/2013My daughter and I had a very pleasant meal here. We had just traveled in and had a long day, so it was wonderful to have a hotel restaurant that was comfortable and relaxing, but not a coffee-shop. The food and drinks were both top quality. What really made the evening, though, was our server. She was awesome! She struck the perfect balance between friendly and attentive and non-intrusive. She was knowledgable about the menu and made great recommendations according to our tastes. It was actually surprising for us, as well as refreshing. Overall it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food nice venuesusanVIPDined on 6/13/2013The hotel lobby was hopping. Live music , free wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for making me look good!MerCysVIPDined on 6/7/2013This was the perfect place for my casual-yet-business luncheon. I wanted a location that would allow people to feel relaxed yet upscale enough to remind them that we are meeting with an eye towards possibly doing business. The service, food, everything was stellar and left a lasting impression. Days later, I am still getting thank yous.Special Features:
- Mother's Day SpecialEaterDined on 5/12/2013Excellent food and service. Topped off with a special treat for mother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFeedback01Dined on 5/9/2013Met a business buddy for lunch. The food was great, it was quiet and fairly empty. Don't know why but it was a very good place for a business lunch and reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The market vegetables wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2013The market vegetables were all good, but the rest of the menu was disappointing. Risotto was suprisingly light on flavor, and the "flatbread" was a joke. I didn't realize a 2" by 8" cracker with a whole tomato cut up a placed on top was worth ten bucks.
- This was my first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2013This was my first time dining at Blvd 16. The reason for the visit was because our client was staying at the hotel. Overall the restaurant was very nice with the exception of the service. I felt that our waitor was slow and he was not very attentive.Special Features: