Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood
10740 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blvd16.com/
- Phone: 3104747765x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour Cocktails/Wine: Monday-Sunday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Bar Hours: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hodge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With available space ranging from intimate to extraordinary, BLVD 16 is the ideal place to host your event!
Call our catering team at 424.901.7295 to arrange all your plans: from an intimate brunch for you and your girlfriends, a chef-designed culinary adventure for a business group or a full-on tailor made birthday celebration. We look forward to making your event a special one!
A word from Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood
BLVD 16 extensive menu celebrates the diverse flavors and tradition of American regional cooking. The menu evolves with the seasons to feature the freshest seafood, poultry and local produce, sourced locally and regionally. Diners experience approachable American dishes in their freshest, brightest and most flavorful presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blvd 16 - Hotel Palomar Westwood reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Enjoyed the food and our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012Enjoyed the food and our experience........the food was healthy and light and very tastySpecial Features:
- Service was excellent! WentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Service was excellent! Went on a Fri night at 7pm, place was mostly empty so we got treated as VIP's by our servers. Very attentive, almost too much. I had the duck, which was pretty good, but my date had the beef wellington, which was amazing!! A little pricey, but still manageable, so I'd suggest this as a "special occasion" spot. Quiet, so great for conversation!Special Features:
- The restaurant did not openAnnaVIPDined on 4/11/2012The restaurant did not open till 4:00PM and our reservation was at 3:30. That information should be updated on the reservation system.Special Features:
- They made a special omelette,ArgabriteVIPDined on 4/8/2012They made a special omelette, with everything but the Kitchen Sink. My son loved it! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Filet of sole was greasy..almostOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2012Filet of sole was greasy..almost inedible. As was the sea bass...but beautifully presentedSpecial Features:
- The food was so excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2012The food was so excellent and refreshing, what a pity that the place looks so old and dark like it has seen better days. I wish they can improve on this so I can take my friends there. The noise level was just right for good conversation and sharing a delightful meal.Special Features:
- Great for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2012We have been to Blvd 16 for dinner many times, and it has always been good.I had gone here once before lunch: it was fantastic. But this second time for lunch, the menu had changed, for the worst. It was ordinary.Special Features:
- Great service and ExcellentLAClassic55VIPDined on 3/25/2012Great service and Excellent food. Staff goes out of their way to satisfy.Special Features:
- On a Friday night, this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2012On a Friday night, this place was quiet and warm and not the place to come if you're looking for a busy and bustling environment. It is actually a place you could eat alone and feel quite comfortable. The lounge area and the bar, which would be a great place to chill with friends and just relax with a drink, were a bit more lively but still sedated for a Friday night. I had sea bass with artichoke tapenade, my date - the special, a pork chop. The food was simple and straightforward - nicely prepared but not overwhelming in flavor. The dishes highlighted the fish and the meat. The tapenade and the balsamic on the fish for instance was minimal and just offered a touch of flavor. The banana tart was lovely and the service quirky and delightful
- A terrific restaurant hiddenTransVIPDined on 3/17/2012A terrific restaurant hidden on Wilshire Boulevard in the Palomar Hotel. You would never know it was there unless you read about it or someone recommended to you. Delicious food, wonderful selections, great bar choices. Would definitely recommend it and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Loved everyhting the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2012Loved everyhting the food on the happy hour meny is great but to get only one item on the plate for $3 NOT GREAT! anywhere else in town gives you at least 2 to 3............Special Features:
- If staying in the hotel alinkruDined on 3/9/2012If staying in the hotel a good easy choice, but not a destination restaurant.
- Always accomodating. Waiter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2012Always accomodating. Waiter's suggestions excellent.Special Features:
- We went on a Friday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2012We went on a Friday night. The service was good and fast. The food was tasty. But the portion was quite small.
- We had thought this to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/24/2012We had thought this to be a very good restaurant previously, so we were a little anxious about this visit as we knew there was a new chef and many changes to the menu. We were not disappointed. The menu provided a broad range of choice. The food was skillfully prepared with touches that gave it a little extra in taste, texture, and appearance. The decor is comfortable and beautiful to the eye. The service has been outstanding every time we have been here. It is a relaxing, quiet environment where one can dine--converse and enjoy the company, food and drink!Special Features:
- the menu was well composed,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/20/2012the menu was well composed, but execution was average. the food was not bad, but nothing special. service was not so attentive. the best part of the evening was the excellent service of a valet person in the front. she really is to be commended.
- Second trip, just as good.PigeoncoveDined on 2/12/2012Second trip, just as good. Had regular entrees and bar food, both good.Special Features:
- The restaurant really packsMediocreVIPDined on 2/11/2012The restaurant really packs in the diners, so if you are looking for a restaurant with an intimate setting for two, you will not find it here, we literally were less than arms reach from the table next to us and it just seemed like they were more concerned with packing in as many people as possible into each space more than they were concerned about diners privacy. Food was OK, nothing spectacular, could have had some more finesse and a bit more of a unique menu, everything was pretty generic.. OK for a regular dine, more of a bar scene happening though. Go for the cocktails, food/dining seems to be secondary here.Special Features:
- GREAT LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012I have been to this restaurant several times for dinner and found it very good so I decided to try it for lunch. It was even better for lunch. I'll go back again for lunch soon.
- On-line menu was out of date,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/21/2012On-line menu was out of date, so the item we were looking for wasn't offered when we arrived, but server got the kitchen to provide a similar dish...otherwise my mother's birthday would have been ruined. Food was very good, but service made the evening excellent.
- food was was delicious exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/21/2012food was was delicious except for our dessert. Service was excellent and caring! Cocktails were unique and very good. WE appreciated the staff's lowering the music in advance referencing our note regarding our guest who was hard of hearing. We'll go again.Special Features:
- We had a very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012We had a very nice evening at Blvd 16. It was a last minute decision to go with friends. The food was very good and fresh. The bar are was quite busy, though the restaurant itself was pretty empty, which actually made for a nice evening of conversation. The appetizers, salads and entrees were all enjoyable. I had the chocolate flour-less cake for desert, and it was just ok. Not something I would necessarily recommend. Other than that, a big thumbs up!
- Good overall - we had to combineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2012Good overall - we had to combine two groups (related parties) and the restaurant did a good job of accommodating that for us. Service was awesome. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- food and service was justOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/10/2012food and service was just fair. told the waiter we needed to be done by 7:30. they were not busy and yet we didnt get served until almost 7:30. also stated we were celebrating a birthday....never even offered dessert. i picked the restaurant but my friends all said they wouldnt dine there again!
- We were 30min early, the HostPachinkoVIPDined on 1/7/2012We were 30min early, the Host was absolutely wonderful, went to the kitchen, arranged for the chef to start early, called the server to serve us before her shift started. What a wonderful service! Just cannot say enough about how he took care of us. Oh, by the way, food and bartender also were wonderful!!!Special Features:
- Great Find!!huxleyVIPDined on 1/6/2012What a great find! Delicious, fresh food prepared in an interesting way. Quiet setting for a Friday night. They should advertise more. This attractive, chic restaurant deserves more attention. Although we live nearby, we had never been there before, and went because a friend recommended it. They have intimate booths as well as several larger round tables that would be great for a group of 6 or 8. We will be back, maybe with a group of friends next time!Special Features:
- A lovely dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/18/2011A lovely dining experience. Attentive service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Not a good place for breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2011Not a good place for breakfast. the room is very dark in terms of lighting, set up and mood. the service staff was very helpful. the food was blah, on par with take out at whole foods. other than it's good location for the meeting, I wich I had made another choice.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2011White corn soup was delicious and so were the short ribs. Everyone in our party enjoyed their selections. Attentive, efficient and friendly service.Special Features:
- I've been to this restaurantkathe90035VIPDined on 10/16/2011I've been to this restaurant 5-6 times and always have had a good mealSpecial Features:
- mediocrejanieb1123VIPDined on 10/15/2011the empty room should have been an omen..extremely mediocre food, decent service. Add to that confusion over ouropen table status and having to spend time strightening it all out....not my favorite dining experience. we won't be back PS it was quiet because it was empty at 8PM on a saturday nite! does that tell you somethng?
- Don't bother ...AEEBVIPDined on 9/10/2011Took my kids for Saturday morning breakfast as it was in the neighborhood and we could walk. Everything about it was mediocre... food (too greasy, too big), service and ambiance. And way overpriced for what it is. We are not going back.
- Very attentive staff. GoodPLDesignsDined on 9/4/2011Very attentive staff. Good understanding by server of the menu.Special Features:
- Surprise find in WestwoodSnorkelalotDined on 8/18/2011Set in a boutique hotel in Westwood - inventive menu. Check out the Lobby decor. Has some private dining rooms for groupsSpecial Features:
- Difficult to talk becauseBuddyVIPDined on 8/16/2011Difficult to talk because of noise. Design and materials create the problem. Maybe it is for younger patrons. We live in the neighborhood, but think we will try something else. Menu is pretty restrictive for a hotel restaurant. Should be able to use room service menu also.Special Features:
- Different chef?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2011service and atmosphere were great. The main dish of duck was too dry. I was there before and the food was great as was the presentation. Not this timeSpecial Features:
- Four of us went early FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2011Four of us went early Friday night so we could catch a movie. The restaurant had only a few table occupied by the time we left around 7, so there wasn't any "vibe". However, I enjoyed my cocktails and meal and thought the service was very good. I also really liked the feel of the place and can't understand why it was not busier. I'd go back again.
- Delicious innovative food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2011Delicious innovative food. NIce and varied menu selections.
- Service was great. Kinda smallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2011Service was great. Kinda small place under the hotel. we had dinner before the show. Looks a nice place to go for their Happy Hour.
- I am a foodie but every dishMmmmVIPDined on 7/11/2011I am a foodie but every dish had something that didn't sound right together in. Limited menu, but we did find 'something' to order. Mussels and tuna rolls were great. Duck was really good but you wouldn't know it from menu description nor from waitress description. Halibut was fantastic but mint crushed fava beans with it--yuk!