BluWater Bistro - Leschi
102 Lakeside Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Leschi / Madrona / Madison Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
BluWater Bistro - Leschi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluwaterbistro.com/loc_le.php
- Phone: (206) 328-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Haynes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a semi-private view area that can seat up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Braydi Mackenzie 2063255779
A word from BluWater Bistro - Leschi
We opened The 3rd BluWater Bistro location in the Leschi neighborhood on March 13, 2004. Mick McHugh handed the reigns over to us after 22 successful years of running the Leschi Lake Café. With a slight remodel we cozy'd up the place, added some fantastic rollback windows, high back booths, some flat screen TV's, and leather furniture by the fireplace. The menu reflects all the goodness that a cozy bistro should offer, including the ever famous & popular "Lake Side Café" Fish and Chips... gotta keep the neighborhood happy. Stop in for some brunch on the weekends or some late night food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BluWater Bistro - Leschi reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)romantic (6)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent experience!kpasaDined on 11/21/2014Our server was so friendly and helpful, and we never waited for anything very long. The atmosphere was romantic and nice. My wife and I had a nice dinner together away from the kids. The food portions were generous. The crab stuffed mahi mahi was excellent and the rockfish was really tasty too. The Mai Tai is the only thing that I wouldn't reorder. It was really strong, so much that I couldn't finish it. Other than that, I can't figure out why there are only 2 stars on Yelp. I wrote a review to try to increase it. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Had a great time with family and friends. Food was greatSpecial Features:
- JakesfanDined on 9/28/2014This is the second time we have been to Seattle in the last 2 weeks and the third time we have dined there. Really enjoyed each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PersonalizedCewood13Dined on 9/21/2014My companion from out of town had requested fresh food, so I thought BluWater Bistro would fit the bill. She had an allergy concern and the waitress went well beyond to ensure that the allergic substance was nowhere near my friend's food. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We rode bikes here and had a wonderful brunch on a Sunday morning. Had a great table overlooking the water, service was friendly and timely, drinks were great, food was delicious. We had the ceviche, pizza and a salad all of which were fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welcoming neighborhood experiencepan2VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food is good and service always exemplary. Carmen is the best.
- DisappointedYummersDined on 8/16/2014We remembered Blue Water Bistro as a fun place to dock up by boat and eat. However, we were sorely disappointed in just about everything during our recent visit. The restaurant was messy considering we were on the front end of the Saturday night rush. The waiter was fine but other staff members were unfriendly when asking for basic things like salt/pepper, napkins, bread, etc. Our food took forever to arrive and was "average" at best. I ordered the prime rib medium rare and there was no pink to be found and it was tough to chew. We had food left and chose to say no to left overs. They need to improve food and service to match the lovely venue.
- Moon viewing treatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We wanted to see the "super moon" rise in the east, and picked the BluWater for the view. The restaurant was very accommodating in helping us find a perfect table, the food was very good, and the service was excellent. We wanted to make our meal last, so we tried several appetizers, several wines, and dessert, all excellent.Special Features:
- Tho54Dined on 8/5/2014The food was pretty good. Wine choices were pretty good. Parking, even on a Tuesday night, was inadequate. The view is great, however the outdoor seating facing the water is pretty bad. Several small tables lined along a very sloping sidewalk. The sauce for my fish ran off the plate due to the slant of the table. Hopefully they'll figure out a better way to have patio seating on the water side. We saw a patron fall backward off the sidewalk onto the pavement below. She got up and left shortly after so hopefully she wasn't seriously injured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 366 reviews are from the BluWater Bistro - Leschi reviews archive.
- great service and good foodjmg98118VIPDined on 7/19/2014Had the fish and chips which are always cooked to perfection, some of the best in town, and of course the view of the lake is spectacularSpecial Features:
- Nachos added to menupan2VIPDined on 7/18/2014A big (very big) dish of delicious nachos was new on the menu for $12. I wish I could have eaten it all but I'm glad I ate what I could.
- Nice place for a good mealRobbDined on 7/12/2014BWB is our "go-to" restaurant for a good meal and good service. The server, Carmen, was fantastic. She was very attentive and always had a smile when she came to the table. The meals were good per usual, however this was a 'birthday' lunch for my mother and they didn't even acknowledge that, even after I mentioned it in the comments when I booked online. Not a deal-breaker but I would think they would come out with a dessert with a candle on it or something. Still, we like the whole atmosphere and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky mistakepan2VIPDined on 7/8/2014We ordered two margarita pizzas and they made a pepperoni by mistake. They comped us the pepperoni and we still got our order. Thank you.
- Great Food and ViewKKDDVIPDined on 6/25/2014This is a great local restaurant in Seattle's Leschi Neighborhood. The view and the food is great; and an awesome atmosphere.Special Features:
- Weekend brunch with buddiesEasypeasyplsDined on 6/22/2014I love the crab eggs Benedict and my friends had artichoke and goat cheese omelet. Fresh fruit and lots of abaca do garnishes too . Plus they always have yummy banana bread to start your day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014All of our steaks were over done. Mine was tough. With the special you offered, you ran out of the potatoes. The service was slow and there was not a lot of people in the restaurant. I got my bill as a total sum instead of listing everything separately and it seemed high so am thinking I might have gotten a little over charged. My bill was $104. I ordered 4 specials @ $12.99 per meal, 2 rum & cokes, 2 cookie deserts & 1 pc key lime pie. I am debating ever coming again.Special Features:
- Evening with a loved onecomfortablediningDined on 6/12/2014My partner and I love to visit the BluWater,Leschi on an evening when we'd like to do something nice, try good food. Occasionally we arrive at Happy Hour or the later dining time. It's nice to have a neighborhood place to gather. Eating outside is good too; the water side is best. We take our 4-year-old granddaughter with us quite often and she is treated so well by the staff. She finds her favorites on the Kid's Menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for boaters!areoslDined on 6/6/2014Fantastic food, service, views and also has a large public dock out front where you can dock your boat. We sat outside and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming and ComfortableandymacnoonDined on 5/23/2014I have to sample more from the very extensive menu to give an accurate food rating, but both my wife and I were very happy with the food, the service and the ambience. It's just a great place to sit down and watch the water, have a drink, engage in good conversation and just hang out. Kudos to Carmen for the great table side service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a group!MosieSaysVIPDined on 5/18/2014We had a wonderful experience! The food was delicious and the menu was really great because of the diversity of options, but also the diversity of prices. We had people who wanted to not spend a lot and others who wanted steak and fresh fish dishes -- everyone was accommodated! It would have been nice to have the "Happy Hour" drink prices extended to us in the dining room, but that was not allowed per our server, so, one way around that would be to start at the bar and then pay out that tab and bring your drink to the table (4 in our party did exactly that). I was personally pleased with the wine selection and with the knowledge our server had about it. The key lime pie was really delicious, bright flavor, great crust.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerSeattle45dinerDined on 5/17/2014It was thrilling being able to walk down the hill to the lovely Saturday night dinner. The food was good- and it was so nice to be by the lake on a Saturday night. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchSeattleitesDined on 5/11/2014Service outstanding, brunch special excellent. Just a little too noisy for our 87 year-old mom. We found we were all yelling across the table to talk. Would like to try again on a non-holiday day.Special Features:
- Terrible seating managementHenrycDined on 5/11/2014On arrival was told table was not ready but would be in 15 minutes. Meantime we were seated at small, plastic garden table to wait. After 25 minutes we gave up our booked table and ordered. After almost an hour since arriving we got our food which was fine. Bluwater management and hostess needs to better manage table reservations. Also need more wait staff for customer volume. Not waitresses fault. Spoilt my wife and mother-in-laws Mother's Day!
- Thanks!RRH1Dined on 5/11/2014Was really busy for Mother's Day. Staff was great and handled it well. Carmen was our server. She is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RionDined on 5/11/2014excellent setting.. takes advantage of the waterfront locationSpecial Features:
- Mother's Dayjanmarief55Dined on 5/11/2014I was very disappointed with the food this time, I have been there before with good results, the scone was the hardest driest scone I have encountered.Special Features:
- Avoid on high traffic morningsAmyGDined on 5/11/2014I've been to BluWater Leschi before and have liked it in the past. But this was the first time going for Mother's day. It seemed as if they gave their best staff the day off. Some highlights: - We were told that the waitress would get in trouble for asking for my toast to be on a separate plate (I'm GF, so someone else wanted it). But when someone else asked for the fruit on the side, no problem! - When my meal came, the bread was there, even though I ordered it without. Yet someone else was missing theirs. - One meal came completely cold. - And near the end, someone wanted a coffee refill and had to ask at least 3 times. When it came, they just brought a new mug, so only one person at the table got it. At least the food was good.
- Not for families of young childrenWiththekidsDined on 5/11/2014Went here for Mother's Day. Despite being the second group in and having reservations, they were not ready for us. They would not give us a reasonable seat for 2 highchairs and made up some lame excuse that we could not sit at the round tables because they are in the way. They let us sit outside and then took card of us very slowly. We will not return, at least not with our kids.Special Features:
- BluWater BistroDwainDined on 5/8/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Seattle/Leschi, partly because it is a short walk from my wife's former condo and, more importantly, because it is just an ideal place to land for the evening. Good food, good service and a wonderful ambience of Lake Washington and Mt Ranier (on a clear day). All of the wait staff are very good, but Travis sits at the top as our favorite server. Eliza (sp) is not far behind. Bart, the owner, goes out of his way to ensure a great dining experience, both food and drink. Though we now live on the east coast, when we visit Seattle, we always make it a point to dine at BluWater as many times as we can get away with. A great dining experience that is just pure enjoyment.Special Features:
- fish and chips plus chowderpan2VIPDined on 5/8/2014The fish and chips is crispy and hot. Lovely tartar sauce and slaw on the side. My husband shares with me and adds a bowl of chowder.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less good than usualpan2VIPDined on 5/1/2014Don't know why but this time the pizza was delicious but cold. probably should have returned it. Service from Carmen was great as usualSpecial Features:
- Perfect EveningOut4aDateDined on 4/30/2014Table was ready at our appointed time. Very friendly and attentive staff. The view was perfect, the fish taco's were amazing. We ate early, so missed the big crowd and bar scene, but the outdoor seating was packed when we left. Will definitely add this to my list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy/save your ears!JudyannDined on 4/20/2014Our group of 6 could hardly converse due to the noise, plus there was loud music playing. Thankfully we could walk outside and talk then.
- One of Our FavoritesBob1Dined on 4/11/2014We've dined there for lunch and dinner many times. Easy to get to, great parking, wonderful staff. I had a NY steak which was great. The key to this place is the view and outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Mom's BirthdaynancyscatDined on 4/5/2014We had Mom's 93rd birthday at BluWater at Leschi. She was very happy, but all of us were very happy with the waitstaff, especially Travis. He is more than gracious, accomodating, and just plain nice. The food was good, but he really made the visit outstanding, and better than even the beautiful view. The restaurant would be appealing for all types of diners, no matter what you are seeking. Since there were so many of us, we were likely the loudest people there, but could still converse, hopefully without being too disturbing. At one point the restaurant was pretty full, which speaks well for it, too. All personnel were extremely nice, phone or in person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the occassionWasabiboyDined on 4/3/2014I chose this restaurant as a private place to have a business meeting where we could talk, be heard and take our time and the venue delivered. The food was fair but fine; the service was exactly what you would want in this situation....never obtrusive but always observant. They let us linger after eating so we could finalize our business and by the way, it's a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a good "girls lunch" out!LizaDined on 3/3/2014What a great place to go and sit with old friends and have a delicious lunch.Special Features:
- Did not honor reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014They way overbooked on Valentine's Day and we arrived to a long wait. Thankfully there was seating in the bar area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DisasterLeschiGuyDined on 2/14/2014We arrived 10 min early for our reservation to find the hallways packed with people. The poor woman at the front desk telling everybody "they overbooked." Writing down names on a long list with no estimate of when we would be seated. No room in the bar. No management staff in evidence. We left. We have been married almost 30 years and happened to have a chocolate torte and a bottle of port at home, so we did okay. I feel bad for all those younger folks who were trying to make a good impression with their dates.
- Valentine's Day DinnerMHammDined on 2/14/2014The moon danced off Lake Washington creating millions of little twinkles that echoed the sky above. A gentle breeze, played with our hair & clothes. Stepping into the lively restaurant was like stepping into a different world. We were greeted with excited voices, all there for the same reason: to celebrate love. Our wait wasn't long & before we knew it our food was steaming, enticing our taste buds & wetting our pallets. My love sat wide-eyed before a big plate of veggies, seasoned & steamed to perfection, a steak that was sizzled to order & a glass of our favorite beer. Before we knew it our plates & glasses were empty & our bellies full. We paid our fair check & road home in a food-drunken haze. A beautiful end to a beautiful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.