BluWater Bistro - Greenlake
7900 E. Greenlake Dr. N.
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
BluWater Bistro - Greenlake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluwaterbistro.com/loc_gl.php
- Phone: 2065243985x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
A word from BluWater Bistro - Greenlake
BluWater Bistro on Greenlake offers full bar service, happy hour, dinner and weekend brunches. Sit on the sidewalk patio or in the dining room by the large roll back windows and enjoy the people watching! Enjoy local Northwest Bistro comfort food and one of our signature cocktails in a warm neighborhood environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
BluWater Bistro - Greenlake - Best Restaurants in Green Lake ›
BluWater Bistro - Greenlake reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (6)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Eggs benedict less than perfectEtienneDined on 8/3/2014Went there for brunch on sunday and got great front street view seating with a beautiful view of the lake. Eggs benedict were overcooked and the sauce was thick instead of creamy but taste was good.Special Features:
- Sadly, food quality is not thereRoadWarrior45VIPDined on 7/23/2014On a quite afternoon when ot very busy, one would expect the food to be outstanding, it was not! It's too bad as it is in a great location.Special Features:
- Dinner at Blu WaterCurtDined on 7/8/2014I had the halibut special, which came with rice. The rice was gluey and crunchy in spots and had no flavor. My dinner companion had the salmon, which came with roasted potatoes. I'd recommend avoiding the rice and substituting the roasted potatoes, which did have good flavor. The bread came right away and it was very tasty, served with oil with red pepper flakes, which gave it a unique touch. The wine was good and the wine list was excellent, with regular wines as well as premium wines. The overall experience was enjoyable and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluWAterChickenLittleDined on 7/3/2014Food and presentation were very good. Seafood Louie was generous and fresh. Mahi Mahi and Salmon meals were excellent. Wade, our waiter was attentive. Overall an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Nice setting, very good foodOncDocVIPDined on 7/2/2014BluWater Bistro at Greenlake is in a wonderful setting that is well connected with the vibrant outdoor scene that is Greenlake. On a nice sunny evening, it was a great place to go. The food took a while, longer than would be expected, but it was quite good. Great place for a nice take on relatively simple fare like burgers and sandwiches.Special Features:
- Slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014It took so long to get our food I won't be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Worst Dining ExperienceAwfulDined on 6/15/2014Bad from start to finish. Never returning. Service was the worst I have ever experienced. Made reservations for my husbands 1st fathers day felt so embarassed that out of all the restaurants I had to pick this one. Awful experience.
- Great SpotCarolynRDined on 6/1/2014This is the perfect Sunday brunch spot right off Greenland. Service was attentive, food was approachable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 328 reviews are from the BluWater Bistro - Greenlake reviews archive.
- Might have been a miss.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Went for the first time based on good reviews. I ordered the fish tacos since I love good fish tacos. The dishes I saw coming out all looked very good, so I was excited to see how they would prepare them. Sadly I was pretty disappointed. It was presented with 2 burrito tortilla's and dollops of ingredients plotted on the plate. Basically build your own... and not with proper taco tortilla which was awkward. I wasn't sure if I should make a burrito or tacos. With veggies I would have had fajitas. The fish was over cooked and presented as if it was the entrée rather than for tacos. I'll need to go back and order something else to see if this was just a fluke. Given the overall good ratings it has online, I'm willing to give it another go.
- My regular after Green Lake WalkLariatVIPDined on 5/20/2014A nice break after a walk around Green Lake. Simple food. Friendly service. Many great tables by open windows. Too bad when I was there this time there was no outside sitting. Hopefully they could bring it back. Free parking is available during dinner hours.
- good weather diningKJ0923Dined on 5/14/2014i was looking for a place that was along Green Lake, so I could walk...eat/drink...keep walking. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- understaffedSEAfoodieDined on 5/11/2014I made a dinner reservation for Mother's Day and we were seated at the very back of the restaurant (the waitress commented that it was hard to find us "back here"), even though we passed several empty tables on the way to our seat. The waitress was slow to take our drink and food orders, and didn't refill our empty glasses timely; however, in fairness to her, the restaurant seemed understaffed and she was working a lot of tables (and she said she'd been working for almost 12 hours). The fish I ordered was okay, but didn't make up for the very poor service.
- Food was NOT goodZannzamDined on 5/11/2014Our waffles were cold and we're not presented as the description said they would be. The description said they came with whipped cream and strawberries. No whip cream and came with half of one strawberry. And did I mention they were completely cold?! They tasted microwaved. And bland. The server was friendly and understood we wanted something else and was nice about it. But service was pretty slow. The brunch menu was nothing special with limited options. I'm so sad I choose this restaurant to spend Mother's Day with my mom who was visiting Seattle for the first time.Special Features:
- Mother's Day MadnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We got there about 5 minutes early. They were packed! I was expecting this, that's why we made a reservation. Had to wait about 10 minutes. Poor host was all by herself. She had a wait list, and a Reservation list and a none stop rush of people. The food was wonderful and the servicer was very attentive. We had a million request but He was still able to get them all. I would say would would come again! Next time not on such a busy day.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day brunch locationNK12Dined on 5/11/2014The mimosa was excellent as was the Bloody Mary. The Dungeness Crab Quiche was okay but not great. The Dungeness Crabcake Benedict, on the other hand, was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchbeakymcgeeDined on 5/11/2014So glad we had reservations! Had a short wait for a table. Restaurant was super busy. We were served quickly and efficiently. Food was good, presentation lovely. Mother's Day Brunch had a nice crab quiche special with free Mimosa for Mom. Place was loud, but happy. Would try again, would avoid special occasions when they have way too many people milling about waiting to be seated. Wouldn't come without a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, scattered servicelika2Dined on 5/11/2014We made reservations here for Mother's day but even though we showed up on time they still made us wait over 15 minutes. The food was excellent but the service was really scattered and sporadic. Four different servers stopped by at various times not knowing that we either were waiting on a menu, or had ordered already and it just all felt very disorganized.Special Features:
- blutifulDRockDined on 5/11/2014Fantastic brunch - great food, and the bacon bloody Mary was delicious.Special Features:
- just OK for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I used to love this place but maybe my tastes have changed? Mothers Day brunch was just fine. I had the brioche french toast and bacon. Both good, but I expect a higher bar for a $14 breakfast. Service was friendly and professional. Space is nice but feels more like a night spot.
- Not a great experience....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014For Mother's Day, we had a negative experience that kind of threw us off, but otherwise the rest of the meal was...just ok... Bad experience: My sister requested a side order of sausage. When it came to the table, there were 3 pieces, one of which had a long hair wrapped around it. I told the waitress and she quickly took the plate away. When it came back, it had 2 sausages on it, which looked exactly like two that were originally on the plate. (How would I know? One of the sausages were distinctly wrinkled and dried and it was still on the plate. So yes, I could be wrong, but I also could be right...) So not only did we get less food back, but it seemed like they served us the same exact dish...Special Features:
- Easter was a little muchSeattleCaroleDined on 4/20/2014Love this place. However, I don't think that they were prepared for the Easter onslaught. I could sense the panic as soon as our party walked in and that sets kind of a stressful tone. Service was so so and the food took a long time to arrive. When it did, some of the entrees were on the cold side. At the end, the manager asked us to move to accomodate another party. She seemed to be in a tough spot and did offer a round of drinks, but ouch. Ironically, the reason we had the table for so long was because the food took so long. Will go back, but would advise that they staff up more for next year.Special Features:
- No ReservationJamesDined on 2/19/2014Made a reservation, arrived on time, the booth I'd requested filled while we waited AND THEY HAD NO RESERVATION. Place was more than half empty. No more.Special Features:
- Still love this placeNancyKickDined on 2/14/2014We went to BluWater for Valentine's Day again this year - I still love this restaurant. The service was amazing as always. They were slammed with people (with and w/out reservations) and still allowed me to turn down the first table they offered (which was by the very busy hostess station and door) and ended up seating us way in the back, right where we said we wanted to be. For the first time ever (here) I had to send my dinner back because it was cold so they took back my husband's food as well, so we would be served and could eat together. I really appreciated that. I suspect there was something a little off because the food was not quite as I expected. It was good, but twice the lobster was cold. I will go back. Won't order the special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chill placevekoDined on 2/14/2014Me and my wife went here for valentines day and we had a blast, the food and service was good and their cookie desert was awesome. I definetly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Our tables were differentMmmnDined on 1/26/2014Our tables were different heights creating a problem for the people sitting in the middle. The staff graciously fixed the problem by moving tables around. The service good. The smoked chicken fettuchini is bland, but the macaroni and cheese and rockfish dishes very good.Special Features:
- I love the ambience, wonderfulmusicman1099Dined on 1/15/2014I love the ambience, wonderful and romantic place to take a date!! All the staff were extremely nice and helpful, and the food was outstanding!!! Excellent job!! Musicman1099Special Features:
- Great food, horrendous serviceJasonVBDined on 1/11/2014Credit where it's due: The food here was really impressive (when it showed up). The three people in our party sampled different dishes from the Brunch menu. The Brioche French Toast was an absolute treat, and the $3.50 Mimosas were wonderfully mixed. But the service here was atrocious, and one of the worst restaurant experiences we've had in ages. Bluwater wasn't that crowded, with only six or seven parties seated. But we couldn't get our server to bring us coffee, refills on water, or replacement Mimosas. She came to us midway through our dining experience and apologized to us, claiming she had been saddled with a large group and that she'd make sure we were taken care of from that point. But she didn't. Terrible service.Special Features:
- NYE first experienceSunnieDined on 12/31/2013My first time here was on New Years Eve--I had procrastinated, and they were one of the only places in the area with reservations left when I looked. Things were definitely hopping inside, as you might expect, but we were promptly seated and given water. Service was as good as you could expect for a super busy holiday night! I was a little disappointed in our side Caesar salads--the lettuce wasn't cut up at all, and it's impossible to eat such large leaves covered in sauce and cheese! However, my dinner of Dungeness stuffed mahi mahi was DELICIOUS. Perfect mashed potatoes topped by steamed asparagus topped by the succulent fish, ringed with mango and thai sweet chili sauces. I enjoyed it greatly! I'll have to come back on a quieter night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and good valueDbennDined on 12/31/2013We made a reservation for new years eve. The restaurant was busy and had live entertainment (The Band was called the Prime Cut and they were great). We ordered Salmon and a fish and chips and were very satisfied with the food and also the service. I have never been disappointed with Bluwater Bistros either here or at Leshi. A fun place to hang and eat. Great Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantDeut8threeDined on 12/31/2013BluWater Bistro - Greenlake is a neighborhood gem with a great ambiance, succulent dinner special and cobbler dessert, and fantastic service even on a night as busy as New Year's Eve. The live music added to the great experience and atmosphere. We will definitely be revisiting.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceMrsMorenoDined on 12/25/2013We have eaten here previously and thought it was fine. On Christmas it was terrible. Despite having a reservation, seating took a while. We finally got a table and were ignored for about 15 minutes. We gave drink orders to multiple people and only got them when I begged a hostess. We made ordering simple and chose from the pre-made Christmas menu. We waited for a long time and when the food came it was lukewarm and had been sitting for a while. That was confirmed by the waitress who finally came to tell us what a bad night she was having and how terrible things were going. She offered to get my hubby another drink and then forgot and never brought it. She finally brought it with our check without getting the desserts we paid for.Special Features:
- Surprised with Christmas CrowdOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/25/2013I have eaten lunch numerous times at this restaurant - always with excellent service, food, etc. I am hesitant to write this review for Christmas evening since I do believe that the staff was taken completely by surprise at the popularity of their Christmas meal (simply one of the few restaurants open for Christmas day dinner). The reception at the front was completely disorganized and chaotic. Fortunately we had reservations and were seated fairly quickly - not without difficulty. Our reservation was for 6:00 and already a few items on the menu were unavailable. Two of us at the table ordered the salmon and they came with completely different sides and one was exceptionally over-cooked. The desserts were excellent.Special Features:
- Xmas - Good Service Food So-SoxmasdinnerDined on 12/25/2013My husband and I have been to BluWater several times and enjoyed the food and service every time before. Overall, this time the service was as good and friendly as usual despite the large holiday crowds but the food disappointed. Made me wonder if they were overwhelmed with the numbers and if the regular cooks weren't there. Specifically, the pita for the special appetizer we ordered outside the set meal was soggy in several places and not crisp plus the spinach artichoke dip it accompanied had not been fully baked; the cheese had not melted. The dinner was nice enough though the soup/salad portions were very small and the dessert pumpkin pie tasted store-bought. I'll go back for the crab mac and cheese but not a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinnerRabbitDined on 12/25/2013My family went to Bluwater Bistro for Christmas dinner. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating and the menu was exactly what we were looking for -- the "standard" American Christmas spread of turkey, ham, roast beef and vegetables. I did not see a vegetarian option, which would have been wonderful, but that was fine for our purposes. It was easy to park in the connected lot. The booths were roomy. The atmosphere was festive. Above all, the waitstaff were delightful. It was a pleasure spending Christmas with them and we so appreciate their working on a day many other people had off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I made reservations at BluWater Bistro for Christmas dinner since they had a traditional Christmas menu. When we arrived, the staff seemed very disorganized and the fact that we had confirmed reservations didn't seem to matter. When we were finally seated, it was very noisy. Most of us chose prime rib and turkey and were surprised to see everything piled on one plate, with potatoes, stuffing, and veggies hiding below. The worst part was the cranberries and horseradish also piled on the plate, which melted in all surrounding food. Several of us do not like horseradish and did not eat the adjacent food. The prime rib was hard to cut sitting on top of all the other food. Overall, it was a disappointment.
- Poor dinning.JPDeanDined on 12/24/2013Made reservations for 7:30 PM. Was served entrees at 9:15 PM. Plate looked to be thrown together and did not match the menu. Table next to us arrived 45 minutes after us and was served before us. Enough said! Would not recommend this place to anyone.
- Christmas Eve DinnerjamescameronDined on 12/24/2013We flew our daughter in from LA to surprise her mom for Christmas. The ruse was revealed at BW on Green Lake, where our daughter strolled up to our table, much to my wife's shock and delight. The evening was somewhat spoiled because of the time it took for our meal to arrive, nearly 60 minutes. I was aware it could be a little noisy at BW, having been there before, but the delay of the food was just a l little too much, especially for a Christmas Eve surprise, especially because of the expense for these meals.
- Slow serviceModinerDined on 12/24/2013We arrived on time for our reservation, and we're seated promptly. Our server came and asked for our drink order, then brought our drinks. He didn't take our order then, and he didn't return for another 35 minutes. We finally found him and flagged him down to order. We then settled in to our conversation feeling satisfied that our food would arrive soon. After another 40 minutes passed I was feeling the hunger pangs, so we finally were able to grab the waiters attention as he would typically walk by only paying attention to the booths on the other side of the aisle. He said the food was on its way, which I took as 'Oops, I didn't put the order in'. After 10 minutes the food arrived and I was so hungry that I devoured it in under 5 minutes.Special Features:
- Will not returnEvaEDined on 12/24/2013We had been semi-regular customers, bringing out of town guests and going for holiday celebrations, but will not return. Xmas eve we arrived 20 min early for a 6pm reservation with kids in tow. In a half empty restaurant, we waited 40 minutes for our orders, asked for a bread basket to tide the kids over (which never arrived), and the orders were wrong.. Tables around us were served and cleared while we were still waiting for food. Water glasses were never refilled, and when we asked for dessert, I asked for the check to speed service. Kids meal was charged at full adult price, and then the waiter argued the charge. Spoke to the manager who couldn't offer an explanation for the poor service. They have lost us as patrons.
- After Show StopinFoodieDined on 12/19/2013My family and I, 6 of us, stopped in for a bite after the annual Christmas show. Figuring it being the holiday season, I did make the reservations. None were needed as the place on a Thursday evening was pretty quiet. We were seated promptly. From that point on the service was marginal at best. The server approached me first , I placed a wine order, he then proceeded to fill that order WITHOUT asking anyone of the other 5 people what they wanted. Well 15 minutes later (mind you there are perhaps 20 others in the place which holds 150 people, not crowded, the wine arrived and the others were able to place their orders for beverages. The food too was a bit tardy in arrival. It was tasty but not hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.