630 State St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blushsb.com/
- Phone: 8059571300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday Lunch from 11:30am-3pm
Tuesday - Sunday Happy Hour 3pm-7pm
Dinner Daily from 5pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch from 10am-3pm
Late Night Dining from 10-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Worrell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Friday & Saturaday Live DJ's playing your favorite lounge music, perfect ambiance to see and be seen. Lively and fun!
- Special Events: Cocktail Parties, Rehersal dinners, Celebrations, access for large parties
A word from Blush
Blush Restaurant + Lounge combines refined social dining with a contemporary atmosphere that transcends from day to night while keeping its local roots. Nestled in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, Blush Restaurant + Lounge provides a modern stylish decor with a warm, ambient indoor dining room and exquisite outdoor patio accompanied with fireside seating. It features seasonal Californian cuisine with inventive signature cocktails that truly highlight a classic dining experience at its finest.Continued
Blush is an ideal choice for bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, elegant wedding receptions and weekend brunch.
Blush is an ideal choice for bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, elegant wedding receptions and weekend brunch.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Blush reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not as good this timeClintVIPDined on 8/31/2014We've dined at Blush several times. This time, however, was disappointing. The back to school crowd from SBCC (or so it seemed) was hanging out at the bar, running around like screaming toddlers, and creating a big distraction in the dining area. Unfortunately, the staff at Blush was ok with it. Instead, they should have shuffled them to the outdoor area. The food was ok, but a bit bland this time. The service was slow, and I'll be a bit reluctant to return, given there are so many other choices in the area.Special Features:
- Comedy of ErrorsOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/21/2014Most confused dining experience ever. Hostess seated me, realized she forgot the drink menu, promised to bring one over. Never saw her again. Waiter came to take the drink order, told him I needed the menu, arrived about 5 minutes later. Ordered a bottle of wine. 5 minutes later the glasses arrived. 5 minutes after that the waiter brought the wrong bottle of wine and then insisted the one I ordered was not on the menu. I pointed it out on the menu and then 5 minutes later he brought a different bottle saying they were out of my choice. Bread finally arrived 30 seconds ahead of our salads, at which point the waiter took away all the bread plates. One of my party ordered the burger without sauce, you can guess how that turned out...
- DisappointedSmokedogVIPDined on 8/3/2014The appetizer was good but the food was not good. Lobster Mac n cheese had rubber lobster and was very salty. Sea bass had no flavor and I think was really halibut. Place is more of bar than restaurant.Special Features:
- great food & excellent servicesblocalDined on 8/2/2014the food was delicious, big portions, fair prices. Service was excellent, even when we went in one of the busiest days of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchLaurenDined on 7/13/2014Even being there on the World Cup final, it was a nice brunch. We sat outside (to get away from the World Cup craziness) and it was great. Service by Alex F was great, super attentive. I enjoyed my brunch thoroughly. I had the Dr Suess Benedict with side of potatoes. It was wonderful. My dad had a ahi salad which he said was very good. All in all we really enjoyed our time at Blush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surpriseIloveredwine4Dined on 7/5/2014Made reservations after looking at a dinning guide. We wanted to find someplace new to eat. Enjoyed the patio, and I kept looking around as it sort of looked familiar. Ask the waitress what blush to be and she said Zelo! We used to come here a lot years ago because a friend of ours owned Zelo! Looks good now, food was very good as was out waitress. We'll be sure to come back next time in Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blush in Santa BarbaraOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014I found this restaurant on Open Table and really enjoyed it. The salmon was delicious, and so was the chocolate mousse dessert. My only complaint is that the music was too loud. Nice outdoor patio, great service. Definitely would return on a future trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok.whateverDined on 6/18/2014we went for dinner to celebrate my birthday that waiter was attentive and helpful. we went early so the noise level was low. food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servic is terribleIluvfood3868Dined on 6/15/2014The waiter was servicing me and my boyfriend at one table, and a table of four next to us. After telling us there were no more burgers, we were kind of bummed but remained positive. However, he was a loud speaker and we could hear him apologizing to the next table for a bunch of problems going on in the kitchen throughout the night, as well to us. It seems like all we heard from him was "sorry". The real disappointment was at the end, when we ordered Creme broulee. He brought ours out, and apologized once again, because they had run out of spoons. My boyfriend had to eat it with a fork. However, just a few minutes later, the table next to us ordered a dessert, and he brought it out with four spoons! I was disappointed. And the food was eh.Special Features:
- Brunchfsp4Dined on 6/8/2014We've been to Blush for dinner but never for brunch. The food was very good, however, the service was spotty. I had to ask for water several times before someone finally brought me a glass. I ordered fruit instead of potatoes with my eggs, but had to wait before they finally brought out the fruit. Tea was served in a cup (on a very chilly, foggy morning) so I asked for hot water. It was brought out in a small teapot with no cover. While the wait staff was friendly, these little things add up. There are many alternatives for brunch in Santa Barbara; not sure I'll go back to Blush for brunch again.Special Features:
- Spoiled Fishdineoutoften125nightsVIPDined on 6/7/2014We were seated inside as the patio was occupied by a private party. Our server Lenka seemed new and was too soft spoken. We enjoyed the Artisan cheese appetizer plate but not the crispy long stem artichoke hearts as they were quite tough. The Chilean Sea bass being served to an adjacent table was well plated and we ordered it as one of the entrees. When it arrived it had a strong fishy smell and one bite confirmed it was spoiled. The grilled salmon and seared ahi salads were adequate size and tasty. Steak bites were chosen as a quick to the table sea bass replacement and arrived over-seasoned. The topper was our server pouring water into an unfinished mojito. We couldn't wait to get out of dodge - no plans to return.
- Unforgettable ExperienceNena2828Dined on 6/6/2014From the moment we walked into the restaurant I knew we were going to have an awesome experience. Staff members are extremely nice and ready to serve. The menu has great choices. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and it was amazing. The lobster mac was delicious. We ordered a bottle of Tolloy wine and did not regret the choice. We were seated outdoors and the energy of the surrounding guest added to our birthday celebration. I am definitely returning to Blush next time I visit Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- Great find and really good food!!!!GreatfoodDined on 6/5/2014Great service and excellent food. The appetizers were amazing. I will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backKsmoVIPDined on 5/11/2014Blush was recommended to us by the staff at Carr Winery and they didn't steer us wrong. We arrived a bit too early for dinner so we had some appetizers then split an entrée. It was a wonderful way to try more items; everything was delicious!!! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableClintVIPDined on 5/10/2014We've been to Blush several times. They have unique preparations and good quality. The ambiance is nice and the outdoor area is enjoyable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 192 reviews are from the Blush reviews archive.
- Easter Brunch24romanticDined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch reservations for 11am were confirmed twice by the restaurant. We had requested a table outside for two. Upon arrival we were told that those tables were reserved for 4+ people but there were many empty tables. We decided to leave and then a table for us was set up right outside the door in bright hot sun without an umbrella. We accepted anyway. Over the next half hour a table of eight was forming slowly to our right and a man at our end of that table asked for some shade. They moved an umbrella for him. Maybe they need more umbrellas? The food and service was excellent. Although, they had run out of all but one type of pastry. We will return but hope they attend to these shortcomings in future.Special Features:
- Sexy Birthday DinnerSexyBDayDined on 4/19/2014This is a very sexy spot to take your lady out for a nice meal and some libations. The Ambience sets the mood just right. I recommend itSpecial Features:
- Lovely visitHaggisEaters2Dined on 4/19/2014We have been here twice in one week. First time was for lunch. We were on a cruise and after some shopping found Blush. It was excellent for lunch. After our cruise we travelled to SB for acfewcdays and came for dinner. The food for dinner was excellent as was the service. Great place great staff wonderful food. Will return if back in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2014Amazing food and setting. Every was delicious - the salmon, truffle fries, pork, potato pure. And the waitress recommended the warm chocolate chip cookie for dessert. The best dessert I've ever had. Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014Went here to celebrate my girlfriend and I third anniversary / my birthday (yeah I asked her out on my birthday). The server was very friendly and knowledgeable kept stopping by to make sure everything was well. I love this because I drink my drinks fast and like quick refills! For some reason the food arrived really fast which I LOVED. It was the shortest wait time of my life. I had the western burger which was delicious!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for BirthdaysFosterSBDined on 3/7/2014From the Chef to the Hostess, Blush is a fantastic place to celebrate a birthday. The outdoor "fire" table really set the mood and the pre-select menu was perfect for our group of 7. Will definitely go back for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place for lunch . . .KAS1VIPDined on 2/15/2014A wonderful place for a lunch. Wonderful outdoor setting with outdoor fireplaces and firepits. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It just keeps getting betterDarmokDined on 2/13/2014My wife and I have been to Blush in the past and thought it was excellent. When our orders came this time, the food was noticeably better than it has been. We even asked the waitress if there was a new chef. It's the same chef. Apparently, he is relatively new and had "inherited" the existing menu. He recently was authorized to redo the menu to his own specifications. He has done a marvelous job. We shared the crab cakes for an appetizer. My wife had the scallops and I had the jerk chicken. Eveything was absolutely wonderful. The dishes were prepared to perfection, and the presentation was beautiful. This chef really knows his way around spices as well. My only peeve is that all the exterior doors were wide open and the place was TOO cold.Special Features:
- good pre-movie dinnerFilmfestivalfanDined on 2/4/2014Grabbed a bite before a movie at Metro 4. Food was good and couldn't be more convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Sunday BrunchANebraskanDined on 2/2/2014On State Street, if the weather permits enjoy a Sunday Brunch starting at 0900. Orange zest pancakes are a treat.Special Features:
- Great NightHollangDined on 1/31/2014This is a gem of a location. Ambiance is great with very nice bar inside and out. Outside eating and drinking area is very nice with multiple sources of heat for those cool SB nights. We had a table next to one of the several fire places and the outside area abounds with fire-pit seating cozy nooks with comfortable couches for tete-a-tetes. Adequate wine list and lovely cocktail selections, well executed. Our meals were way better than adequate. Piquillo Poppers were a great way to start the meal, marrow crusted filet was to die for, a cobb salad that screamed "Fresh, Fresh,Fresh...Yummy" and a scallop dish that was simply delightful. We'll be back, for sure.Special Features:
- Blush for LunchelaineVIPDined on 1/29/2014We tried Blush for lunch. It was our first visit. We enjoyed sitting outside on their patio, doing a little people-watching on the boulevard. And the food was amazingly good! I had the burger -- one of the few places when you say 'medium rare', delivers it that way! And my friend ordered a chicken sandwich, which was also great. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very goodClintVIPDined on 1/25/2014This was our first time at Blush. We were surprised there weren't more people there. Many of the other restaurants on State Street were packed, and we were pleased to get a last minute reservation at Blush. It's a very good restaurant, and we'll definitely go back. I think as more people find out about Blush, they will likely get busier. Their menu offers some uniqure preparations, and the quality is tops. Although their offerings are a bit limtied, everything was perfect. Hopefully, they'll continue to expand their menu, but you can't miss with what they currently offer. The restaurant is attractive, and the ambiance is comfortable as well. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting on a runwayGreatVIPDined on 12/25/2013Went for Christmas dinner. Sat across from the bar, the kitchen and door to patio. Has like trying to have dinner on an active runway. Servers and service people running by constantly. This is more a bar trying to serve food.
- Avoid itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/25/2013Poor and slow service, botched order, one entree arrived cold.Special Features:
- Christmas DinnerNew2SBDined on 12/25/2013We had a very nice experience at Blush and will definitely return. The staff was very cordial and responsive in spite of working on a special Holiday. Our waitress was very attentive and helful in managing orders around food allergies. The menu and drink selection is great and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas eve far awayLu14DDined on 12/24/2013We are on our honey moon so we spent chrismas far away from our families. But everything was so nice that we felt at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve - Early GiftChris44Dined on 12/24/2013We spent our Christmas holiday traveling the CA coast and Santa Barbara was our 3rd of 5 spots which means we ate out a lot! This was one of our top 3 meals of the trip. The menu selection was manageable and sufficiently varied mix. Four diners with different tastes all agreed that the food, ranging from short ribs to salmon to pasta, was delicious. the overall ambiance was festive and upbeat. The service was friendly and efficient. We would all definitely recommend it and go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table is only good for 1.5 hoursBradDined on 12/24/2013The food was good. Unfortunately, as we were trying to enjoy our desert; a hostess popped her head into our booth and asked, “Are you guys going to be done soon, because we really need this table for another reservation”. This was at 7:00Pm, an hour and a half after our 5:30 reservation. As an additional hint, the desert wine menu we had requested never arrived, I suppose as a way to let us know we had overstayed our welcome. I realize this is not Europe and people don’t typically spend all evening in a restaurant, but I don’t think 1.5 hours is an excessive amount of time to occupy a table you had a reservation for. I enjoyed the food, but I would not return after such an rude and unpleasant experience.
- Overpriced place with average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013This place is really overpriced. The food was average and the service was average as well.
- FIRST RATEDavidVIPDined on 11/28/2013Enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner there. Wife raved about the sea bass. My steak was excellent. Pleasant atmosphere out doors (with ample supply of heaters). Cheerful waitstaff. Prompt service. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is not really a fineThoughtfuldinerVIPDined on 11/23/2013This is not really a fine dining experience. It is more of a 'happening' dining spot. Younger crowd, lots of buzz and blushing.Special Features:
- What an outstanding surprise!LuvinlunchDined on 11/19/2013I had only been at Blush before for parties and drinks. I took 3 friends this time (it was a birthday for one gal) and we had the best time! Our server was one of the best I've ever had! She recommended a new champagne to me that was not expensive but was delicious! We was the perfect amount attentive and not in your face! The tuna was outrageously good! We had a wonderful experience all around and I headed back there the next week for more! I will be going again on Thursday for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best BrunchANebraskanDined on 11/10/2013The brunch menu makes common entries more interesting, e.g. pancakes with an orange zest or an omelet with perfectly cured black forest ham. And the chocolate croissants. Brunch is only served on the weekends, 9am until 3, a great way to start the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blush DinnerAZFoodieDined on 10/1/2013Most Excellent Cocktails...creative. Great Marrow Bone dish. Overall a superb experience.Special Features: