4695 Vail Racket Club Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blusrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9704763113
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday, Sunday & holidays: 8:00am - 11:30am, Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: 5pm-9pm
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blu's Restaurant
Great food served in a casual setting in the Vail Racquet Club Mountain Resort. Dinner served daily; breakfast on weekends and holidays. Summer patio dining too. Blu’s offers daily wines by the glass specials and a full bar also.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blu's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Ending to a Group Golf OutingDenverSSCDined on 9/14/2013We are a group of 24 golfers who live in the Denver area and enjoyed three days of golf in the mountains. Our last day was at Eagle Vail Golf Club in Avon. One of our members suggested this restaurant. It was the perfect place to end our wonderful weekend. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was very warm and cozy and the service was excellent. We will certainly return to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- An East Vail Option to.ConsiderJoeConciergeDined on 8/17/2013Blu's for many years was an institution in Vail Village. The move to East Vail retains the same menu of casual comfort food prepared with flair and attractive prices. If staying in East Vail a must visit. There are many nights (and mornings) when one may not wish to trek to Vail Village to dine. Thus not only a neighborhood gem but also well worth the trip from Vail Village. Parking is ample and free, also on the free East Vail bus route.Special Features:
- You can't go wrong at Blu'sJimSVIPDined on 7/26/2013Blu's is a great meal at a great value.That is a harder thing to say in Vail. All their dishes are fantastic and a great wine List too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love it ,luisDined on 7/26/2013the most delicious dinner that we ever had, excellent prices, and good service.Special Features:
- Blu's is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/16/2013We have been to Blu's several times in Vail Village. Now in East Vail, our fond experiences will continue. I do think they need to post a sign on Bighorn Rd in East Vail for people to know it is there along with some marketing that it is in East Vail.Special Features:
- Worth the driveFurryBearVIPDined on 7/13/2013Blu is still as great as when it was in Vail Village. Same great breakfast menu on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vail East Blu's is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/7/2013East Vail only has one restaurant and it has changed hands several times. We're thrilled to see Blu's there now. They are serving breakfast on the weekend which us great fir those of us who want to go out without a drive. We widh Blu's a long stay!Special Features:
- Please improve, want you to succeedAndreaVIPDined on 6/28/2013Really want this restaurant to be successful Maybe they should just focus on great pizza, pasta, burgers and great salads. Our food wasn't terrible but they need to get the quality up, and quickly. East Vail residents will use the restaurant a lot in summer and winter if the food is at least a 7 out of 10 but they need to fix it quick or people won't return. We are East Vail residents and are hoping they make the improvements as we love having a restaurant here.
- Love having a casual diningWillnotreturnDined on 6/27/2013Love having a casual dining option in East Vail? The food was excellent, especially the trout and chicken. Menu was simple, and everything looked good. Will definitely have to go back and try other dishes! Atmosphere very pleasant and conducive to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninformed upcharge & average food!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/27/2013The atmosphere was fair with a mountain view & fireplace but that was as far as it went. The food was mediocre. The lemon rosemary chicken & meatloaf were okay but the herbs & seasonings were unfortunately overpowering. The kid meals (pizza & chicken tenders) were good. My husband & I felt we might have been better off ordering the kid meals for ourselves as well. The service was average. The server did not inform us of the "specials" until I had to ask for them. The server said that he could substitute fruit in lieu of French fries on the chicken tender kid meal but didn't inform me of the up charge of $2.50. I was even more surprised by the added charge when the fruit substitution was just a tiny bowl of two small sliced strawberries.
- Delicious food, bad service.FormerserverVIPDined on 3/27/20136 of us went for a dinner celebrating an 18th birthday. The dining room was less than half full. Our waitress wore jeans and a longsleeve white tee and looked disheveled. Service was very slow from the start. We had to ask for water and drink refills. The waitress brought the wrong salad, and then never brought the correct one. It seemed as if she gave up on our table half way through the meal. On a positive note, the food was well prepared and delicious.
- Head to East Vail and enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/16/2013Four of us chose four different entrées: vegetarian, hoison pork, schnitzel, and trout. All of us rated our meals as 'very good'. We had 6 kids with us ages 3 - 13, and although I'm not sure what each of them had, all of their plates were pretty clean by the time dinner was over. The restaurant was great in that they even asked if we wanted the kids served quicker. The wine list was surprisingly large, and the prices were reasonable. I hope Blu's does well in the new location. Take a free ride East on the Vail bus and check it out.Special Features:
- Great room, good food, waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/22/2013Great room, good food, waiter was perfect for the mood and did a great job on a large (10) party. Good price/performance for Vail. The menu is kind of all over the place, but was well executed.
- DisappointedShark1Dined on 2/2/2013I was disappointed with my experience at blu's restaurant. I ate dinner there and then breakfast the following morning. At dinner I had an average Meal however the french fries were cold. At breakfast I waited almost 20 minutes before someone took my order. Had I been skiing that day I would have already left. I ordered oatmeal that cost seven dollars and then had to ask for them to bring the brown sugar that was supposed to be on top of the oatmeal. About an hour later I needed to get a bagel to go for one of the kids and waited almost 20 minutes for them to bring it out when there were virtually no people in the restaurant.
- Blu's is back and we are gladOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2013Blu's is back and we are glad it is. When Blu's lost its lease in the Village we were not happy so this is a great turn of events. The menu is essentially the same with lots of variety. I had the grilled meat loaf for old times sake and it was as good as ever. My wife enjoyed the tuna shashimi and a salad. The special was a roasted lamb shank and sounded great but we wanted our old faavorites We used to go into the Village from our home in East Vail just to go to Blu's and now it's come to our neighborhood. Blu's is a short ride on the (free) bus to East Vail and is across the street from the Racquet Club bus stop.Special Features:
- Great food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2012Great food and good service male a great combo. It is nice not having to go into the village for good food.Special Features:
- To busy to stay in businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/28/2012One hour elapsed between the time we ordered the first course (onion soup and a tuna appetizer ) before we were served. 15 minutes later which was 1.5 hours after we ordered the main course we were informed they were out of one of the main courses. After one and one half hours we left without eating Our waitress, who was very nice explained they were too busy. She gave no reason why she waited one and one half hours to tell us they were out of the main course we ordered. The restaurant did not charge us which was clearly appropriate.
- East Vail GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012After a day of skiing my family ate our Christmas dinner at Blu's, located inside the clubhouse of the Vail Racquet Club. As we entered the large high-timbered dining room, a tray of to-go orders was being carried out of the restaurant and smelled of perfectly grilled beef. We all greatly enjoyed our food, but I was particularly surprised by the very friendly staff who all worked as a team and had big smiles even as they worked on Christmas day. And I was surprised that the prices were moderate considering this is Vail!Special Features:
- Blu's had been open only tworatsoDined on 12/23/2012Blu's had been open only two nights when we dined there. We loved the restaurant when it was in Vail Village, and are thrilled that they have reopened at the Vail Racquet Club in East Vail. We have been missing a good restaurant in East Vail for some time, and are delighted they are here. We wish them success and hope they become an East Vail favorite. We like the menu variety, something for everyone.Special Features:
- We were fortunate to be thereHoppyVIPDined on 12/21/2012We were fortunate to be there on their opening night in East Vail. Blu's was always a favorite when they were in the Village especially for brunch or lunch. Tonight they were full by 7:30 p.m. so quite busy for opening night! Our appetizers were wonderful and we didn't try any entrees although they looked interesting. The Margarita pizza was just so-so and not very flavorful...needed something. Ambience was very nice and the service was just fine especially for opening night! Nice to have them in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- A restaurant that would beOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/7/2012A restaurant that would be perfect for Restaurant Impossible....everything seems tired...the owner, the space...nothings seems organized. A good location, the servers are hard working but the owner needs to get a new groove. A good location in Vail, but a very disappointing experience. I would not return.
- They honored my request, wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2012They honored my request, were fantastic. Lovely afternoon Father's Day lunch with my 90 year old Grandfather before I head off on a Navy deployment.....can't go wrong here!Special Features:
- One of the more consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012One of the more consistent places to eat in Vail Village. Always enjoy their breakfast menu and atmosphere gazing at Gore Creek in the morning!Special Features:
- Skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2012This is like a diner with a really weak menu, slightly below average food, and not great service. It does have a bar, but the ambience is really mediocre. I would not go here again.Special Features:
- We've never had a bad mealnoreservationsVIPDined on 3/24/2012We've never had a bad meal at Blu's! Service is great, wine list extensive and well priced, casual, kid-friendly, wonderful variety of food and delicious!Special Features:
- Nice selection of food inTenneesseeJulieVIPDined on 3/22/2012Nice selection of food in their menu. You will find something you like.Special Features:
- Long time fixture in VailCSNativeDined on 3/20/2012Long time fixture in Vail for reasonably priced solid fare. Varied menu which can satisfy a family with different tastes and an interesting wine list which is better priced than any other Vail restaurant. Not "haute cuisine" but there are times you just want well prepared, satisfying fresh food. Great people watching in the summer with a table on the patio by the creek.Special Features:
- Great meatloaf the day weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2012Great meatloaf the day we dined. Also had the vegetable chili soup but the shining star of the meal was the fresh baked sour dough bread.Special Features:
- All of our meals were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012All of our meals were great and on time! Our group had the pork loin chop, veal shank, and the fish special and everyone loved the dinner. The prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food and the comparison to the other Vail restaurants. This is the first time we ate dinner as it is usually our breakfast and lunch spot, however that will change due to the great meal we had.Special Features:
- Blu's has been the favoriteFoodexplorerVIPDined on 3/12/2012Blu's has been the favorite casual restaurant that doesn't break the bank since the mid 80's. They offer a large variety of food so that everyone can be satisfied. The trout was delicious. The wine list is very reasonable. We went back for breakfast another day - don't' miss the omelets. The fresh fruit was very nice as a side.Special Features:
- The mahi with gingerbreadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The mahi with gingerbread reduction sauce was superb. Our daughter loved the Blu's burger, too.Special Features:
- The perfect place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012The perfect place to celebrate a birthday. Thanks so much for the memorable dining experience. We will recommend it for our friends and hope to come back ourselves someday when visiting again in Vail.Special Features:
- Good food reasonable pricesskiandskateVIPDined on 2/29/2012Nice meal as usual at Blu's. Food was good especially the fish. We went back after skipping it because they never took reservations. When we saw it on open table we returned. Only negative was the steak. The portion was so small it should have been an appetizer. We asked the waitress and she said that was the size. She did not offer to do anything when we asked if there was anything should could bring him. She should have at least offered dessert or something. We all shared so he had a meal. Stick with the fish unless three bites of meat will fill you up. Everyone else had a good meal.Special Features:
- It was terrible!!! Great Location,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2012It was terrible!!! Great Location, but rushed service, pre-prepared food (Tuna sashimi), undercooked Ravioli( actually the biggest dissapointment), I had read bad review but decided to check for myself, well next time I will take the advise...
- Food was generally good butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/3/2012Food was generally good but guests who ordered fish were disappointed. Wait staff was not well organized.
- Food special was 2 courseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/2/2012Food special was 2 course for $25. Server suggested sharing an appetizer, sharing a salad and getting 2 entrees. It was just right.Special Features: