11 W. Aylesbury Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluestoneonline.net/
- Phone: 4105611100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Lenny Russell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Bluestone
Bluestone is a casual upscale restaurant featuring fresh fish & seafood. Bluestone also offers other meats such as Filets & Ribeyes. Desserts are baked fresh on-premise daily. Please call the restaurant directly for parties of 7 or larger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Bluestone - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Bluestone reviews from OpenTable diners
403 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (208)fit for foodies (164)special occasion (163)good for groups (161)great for lunch (156)vibrant bar scene (132)romantic (71)hot spot (64)great for brunch (47)notable wine list (47)late-night find (26)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (22)scenic view (11)Show More
- What a great find!!!MusicLoverDined on 9/13/2014Wow....never heard of this place! I guess better late than never. We'll definitely be back the next time we're in the Towson/Timonium area. Our meals we're excellent and the attentiveness of Team Awesome (a tandem team of Bluestone waitstaff) to our every need made it a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. Reasonably priced combined with excellent service Bluestone's got a wining formula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find in Timonium areaMKozVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had an excellent meal here while visiting the area. The vegetable/crab soup was a nice start.Not heavy and spiced well. Enjoy the crab cakes-some of the best I've had.No filler, all crab meat. Great desserts and coffee.Special Features:
- Loved it!love2liveDined on 9/10/2014We had a very nice dinner at this restaurant. All the food was fresh and created with a lot of effort. A lot of Seafood choices, which we love. They have a very good Chef! We really loved it and definitely be back. Waiter was very attentive, which is nice!Special Features:
- O.K. food, noisy environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Overall the food was good, but not great and the service was about average. The restaurant was very noisy partly because the bar is in close proximity to the dining areas and the decor is such that there is nothing to absorb the sounds. Not a good place to be able to talk with fellow table members with any hope of privacy or being able to be easily heard.Special Features:
- prices not justifiedexpats5Dined on 9/6/2014Good food but way ecpensive for what you get. A piece of fish and spoonful of vegetables for $30? Not to mention the noise level...but obviously a lot of people don't mind cuz very crowded on Saturday night
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Dinner (salmon) was not fully cooked. Waiter did not bring both dinners out at same time. My dinner came at least 10 minutes after my husbands. It wasn't until waiter saw that I didn't have a plate of food in front of me that he asked me where my dinner was? Stupid question! It was still in the kitchen!
- OkN4ECAIDined on 9/6/2014Food is usually good and it was. The server sort of disappeared and we flagged him down when we saw him. He took our drink and dinner orders. We had 2 quests with us and was hoping it would be a good experience. It really wasn't, promised refills didn't show up. You can go to another fancy restaurant, which would cost you maybe a tiny bit more but the experience and food would get 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArdaghFarmDined on 9/5/2014Wine was served too warm, crab fritters way overlooked and greasy. Nice portion size and good staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fishTowsondinersVIPDined on 9/4/2014The blackened swordfish was delicious. The bluestone salad and Chilean sea bass were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BluestoneBBistroDined on 9/4/2014Bluestone serves a very good crab cake for lunch; it is one of the better crab cakes in Baltimore. The crab cake that they brought to the table was not large; even so, Bluestone prepared it without any fillers- delivering only chunks of very tasty, lump crab meat.
- Awesome Food!DustinDCDined on 8/31/2014Great place to go in this area for amazing food and specials. Very attentive staff always on top of their game :)Special Features:
- Food is allways good!MarcVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have been to Bluestone several times and never disappointed. Food has always been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gret mealkpk3Dined on 8/30/2014The food was delish, and they were very accommodating about substituting the side dishes from one menu selection to another.Special Features:
- CONSISTENCYPLEASURABLEVIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant provides consistencies every day with each mealSpecial Features:
- Portion controlOutwegoDined on 8/28/2014Would recommend but...my soft shells were!!! with asparagus and just the right amount of corn pudding but my husband's entre of Chilean Sea Bass with veggies, more expensive than mine, was a child's portion. Small piece of fish, and few veggies. We are not complainers so did not sent back - but will hesitate to come again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluestone August 2014LottieDined on 8/28/2014We went to Bluestone to celebrate us finishing our graduate degrees. We were seated in the back section (with the water feature on the wall) which was MUCH more quite that the lively bar area. Service was good, though we had a chatty server which we aren't particularly in to but I'm sure some people will enjoy. We started with the calamari which was served with a sweet sauce that we loved. For dinner I had the crab cakes which were made with local blue crab - they were fantastic! My boyfriend had the steak which he was able to cut with a butter knife. We finished our evening with the blonde dessert. The dessert portion was a nice size, smaller and not overwhelming after a big meal. My only gripe was being seated in the corner by the A/C.Special Features:
- Great restaurantScottDined on 8/26/2014Best soft crab dinner I've ever had, combined with a well prepared crab cake, tasty dessert, and great service. Bluestone is a place I would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic, but high qualityFalconDaveDined on 8/25/2014Nothing adventurous here, but after three meals I can say the quality of the raw ingredients is good and the kitchen treats them with care. Service has varied from "just right" to "disappeared for long stretches." Food is a little pricy for the ambiance, but when we have a special occasion in the area it's often the first choice.Special Features:
- BobBobreviewDined on 8/24/2014Tends to have very good service with good food as well. My wife and I enjoy the restaurant and it has a good selection although we tend to think of it as a fresh fish / seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- YUM!Krmiller4217Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, the server was friendly and energetic. One thing I would note is the side portion with the Chilean Sea Bass could be a bit more. The amount of food I got was small compared to my husband who ordered the surf and turf. By the way, the tomatoes that I had in my starter were the best!!!!! Overall a nice evening and dining experience!Special Features:
- DianeDined on 8/23/2014Our server was wonderful and the food was fabulous. We cannot wait to return. The steak and crab cake were top notch. Restaurant Week was a good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchEasterDined on 8/23/2014Food was good. Service Great. Prices did go up from the last time I was there.Special Features:
- Great choice for Restaurant WeekpageoneDined on 8/22/2014Visited Bluestone for Baltimore County restaurant week. Unlike most other restaurants participating in restaurant week, Bluestone offers it regular menu entrees rather than a limited menu, as its restaurant week menu. You get to order a soup or salad, an entree, and a dessert as your restuarant week order. This provides a very wide range of choices that are sure to please everyone in your party. My party of three all ordered different items. We were all very pleased and happy with what we received. The food was good and the service at Bluestone was friendly and attentive.
- Great FoodLuv2eatgreatfoodDined on 8/21/2014Both of our meals were excellent. My wife had the crab cakes. She said they were very good.I had the scallops that were also very good. The cream of crab soup was outstanding. So was the Bluestone salad.The desserts were also very good. Can't wait to go there again. Great deal for Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- lovetplay06Dined on 8/21/2014Our first time dining at Bluestone was so enjoyable that we will certainly return. It was well worth our travel time from PA. The food was beyond delicious and the choices were numerous. Our server was pleasant and met all of our needs including packing up our leftovers for another night's treat.Special Features:
- Great serviceravensfanDined on 8/20/2014We went to Bluestone for Restaurant Week and had a great experience. The menu was extensive and had plenty of options for different palates. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable despite how busy it was that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!DavidgDined on 8/20/2014Everything about Bluestone, from the moment a host/hostess opens the door for you, is simy the best. The atmosphere, service and especially the food are all top notch without paying a fortune. We love dining here for lunch, dinner, special occasion or late night. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Blue Stone. We reserved a table and got seated early, and the waiter was kind enough to get us half-priced drinks before the special was over for the evening. The food came out at a good pace, we were not in a rush and wanted to enjoy the evening. Everything tasted wonderful, we were there for Restaurant week and got to enjoy their three-course special.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneRemieDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has risen to first place in my regional restaurant circuit. The food is not over priced considering quality and presentation. On a recent visit however the 3 Chocolates dessert was gummy and not what I expected. I apparently do not like ginger in my chocolate mousse. That however may be personal preference. Otherwise, this restaurant is a cut above all the way around. The menu serves up choices for everyone's taste from Crisfield Stew to Tenderloin salad. I have enjoyed every appetizer and main course I've had here from earth to sea on a number of visits. Love it.Special Features:
- Great restaurant experienceAkilDined on 8/20/2014We had a really wonderful time at Bluestone. I was there with my mom and a girlfriend of hers. We have close birthdays and we went out to dinner to celebrate the occasion (two months late, mind you!). The food was amazing, and we were lucky to be there during restaurant week, so we got the soup/salad, entree, and dessert for $33. The Bluestone salad was great, especially the glazed bacon. We had two fish entrees, the cobia and the chilean sea bass, both delicious and well-prepared. The desserts were few, but I can speak for the blondie and the limoncello cheesecake, both delicious. Overall, a wonderful dining experience and I will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- Always a good experienceBobDDined on 8/19/2014I've never had a less than outstanding experience at Bluestone. The food is excellent and the service is attentive without being intrusive. During Restaurant Week Bluestone has the most generous deal. No special menu. They serve the same food as they do every other week but at a significant discount.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014My friend and I visited Bluestone during Restaurant Week and had an absolutely excellent dinner! The food was terrific, and it was difficult to choose just one entree -- they all looked wonderful. I was especially impressed that the (owner? manager?) stopped by our table to be sure that we were happy with our food. I also appreciated that the food was served as soon as it was cooked, rather than sitting in the kitchen waiting to be picked up by the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDaleDined on 8/18/2014Had never been to Bluestone. Had a business dinner based on a recommendation as we were looking for a casual but nice place with good steak and seafood. Bluestone was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful evening! Food , as always , was superb ! Staff , warm & accommodating ! Thanks Bluestone !Special Features:
- Happy Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014During this week my husband celebrated a special birthday. So, we began the celebration by going to Bluestone, one of his favorite restaurants. Our waitress, Louise, was delightful - pleasant and professional as she explained the various menu options. He chose a Caesar salad and the Whale Soft-crabs which were so large that he brought one home. These were served with a sweet corn pudding and fresh asparagus. His meal was accompanied by a Duckpin IPA. I had cream of crab soup followed by a beef filet with a crab cake served with mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. For dessert I enjoyed a creme brûlée while my husband had a lemon cheesecake with fresh berries. A great way to begin the week's celebration.Special Features:
- Bluestone rocksrunninggirlDined on 8/16/2014Always reliable, always more than excellent, if that is possible. The food never disappoints, nor does the service. Waiters or waitresses know their product and the business of taking care of patrons. Put this on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I have eaten at Bluestone several times and have enjoyed several different dishes. The food is always good. I always walk away pleased with my choices and the dinner. There is a great side room that gives one a feel of being in a small patio restaurant with large windows, stone walls and a waterfall window. The ambience is great.Special Features:
- Excellent delicious foodbaltimorefoodieDined on 8/16/2014Cream of Crab Soup, Filet Mignon and a crab cake with 2 sides mashed potatoes and requested Broccolini, then fantastic lemon cheesecake. All delicious even the hot bread. Enjoyed all the food and the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been long time customers of Blue Stone and have always enjoyed it. This time was no exception. We were seated on time and had excellent service, even though they were very busy. The food as usual was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ! In search of Sea BassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014This happend to be my Birthday so I was looking for someplace that has Sea Bass as a regular item on the menu. Ambince is important as often some places have a great menu but sound and act more like a bar room. We did order a bottle of Cab from a decent selection .. The service was great from begining to end .. It was impresive and clear the staff was going the extra mile to impress on this the last day of Baltimore county Restaurant week . The server was above and beond in patience in explaining the "Deal" and it was wonderful. I had the I had the Tomato and Cheese Salad followed by the Sea Bass with an asparagus side, my companion had the large house Salad and the Whale Soft Shell Crab with an impressive corn pudding both meals were A1Special Features: