11 W. Aylesbury Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluestoneonline.net/
- Phone: 4105611100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Lenny Russell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Bluestone
Bluestone is a casual upscale restaurant featuring fresh fish & seafood. Bluestone also offers other meats such as Filets & Ribeyes. Desserts are baked fresh on-premise daily. Please call the restaurant directly for parties of 7 or larger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Bluestone - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Bluestone reviews from OpenTable diners
374 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (196)good for groups (155)special occasion (152)fit for foodies (145)great for lunch (137)vibrant bar scene (119)hot spot (64)romantic (64)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (38)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (22)great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (7)Show More
- fstop16Dined on 10/21/2014The food was fresh and delicious! The waitstaff was excellent ( our waiter's name was John). Overall the experience was great. We even reserved a space for my daughters celebratory lunch following her college graduation!Special Features:
- The Crisfield Stew is WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Crisfield Stew, the Bluestone's twist on the Italian classic cioppino seafood soup is a favorite especially that the weather is turning cooler. Flavorful broth, fresh fish, shrimp, and mussels. Perfect with a glass of Pinot Grigio! Of course the salads, crab cakes, and tenderloin are great too! I always have a great meal at the BluestoneSpecial Features:
- Love Bluestone!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Always enjoy Bluestone! Fun to have a drink at the bar before dinner. Never had a bad meal yet and their 3 for $33 can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Service was slower than usual but the food great as always.Special Features:
- wandererDined on 10/10/2014We totally enjoyed our dining experience here. The service was great and the food delicious. The waitress kept tabs to ensure that we had what we needed and that everything was okay. The mgr. also came to the table. By the way the corn pudding was delicious. Recommended to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodjazzVIPDined on 10/10/2014a bit pricey -- please do not overcook the salmon; friendly service. very nice table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant in the areaSarahWDined on 10/2/2014This was a great find in the Timonium area. The food was really good - had the green tomato appetizer and Caribbean Mahi. Our service wasn't great, likely because the Orioles playoff game was on. He didn't follow up on a question about the chef and was unattentative. Otherwise a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JacknJillDined on 9/29/2014Overall was ok, but have had better experiences. I think it was an off night for food and service. Food was not the best and service/server was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food :)Mrs2brychDined on 9/28/2014I love Bluestone Grill , the food is so yummi....I had the Blackened Swordfish , it was excellent. This is my second time here and the first time I had the Crabcakes. They were delicious as well, no fillers. I would recommend this place, the drinks are top notch.Special Features:
- DavidVIPDined on 9/26/2014The waitstaff make the experience at Bluestone a great one! Food comes quickly and follow up to check on us was very timely. I ordered a fish dish that came with a side of corn that was inedible. When I mentioned i to the waitress, off she went to the kitchen to get me a corn pudding. It arrived promptly and hot. The waitstaff wants you to have a great experience at Bluestone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the BluestoneAppetitesDined on 9/26/2014Bluestone is one of my favorite restaurants. I am never disappointed in the food or service. Especially enjoy the crab cakes and steak salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch!TheBiteDined on 9/26/2014I spent the week catching up with friends so I had the opportunity to visit 5-6 restaurants in the Towson and Timonium area within 5 days. Bluestone was my favorite. The staff is always attentive. I like the way they open the entrance door for you when you arrive and that there is always multiple people at the hostess stand. We were seated without a wait and had two servers attend to our needs. There were so many great lunch choices it was hard to decide. We both ordered the steak salad and declared that it was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Consistent in what to expect; a bit pricey; Shrimp roll itself was over toasted so it flaked and did not serve its purpose to encase and complement the shrimpSpecial Features:
- Great Place to Meetrp2014Dined on 9/24/2014I always come back to this place. Great atmosphere and classy people. The food is great and the service is exemplary. Highly recommend for lunch, dinner, or a drink after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JacknJillDined on 9/22/2014Great place. Number 1 choice. The food, service is great. Seafood bake is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Town Guest DinnerMikeydonnaDined on 9/22/2014Treated an out-of-town friend to dinner (her first visit) and she loved the Bluestone. . . . .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014Always reliable for a lovely meal out, in a convenient and comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Great as usual. We eat here at least once or twice a month.Special Features:
- Great food, presentation lackingEastcoastVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food is always great at Bluestone. We have been coimg here for years and have never been disappointed. However last Saturday we ordered the crab cakes with the corn pudding and asparagus. The food although delicious looked like it was just thrown together on the plate.Special Features:
- basketcaseDined on 9/18/2014Awesome best crab cakes in Maryland I go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cakesRemieDined on 9/16/2014Bluestone is one of the few places in our area that actually has Blue Crab meat in their crab cakes. They are a cut above. The filet mignon is cut with a fork tender. The deserts are a treat as well. I had the apple crisp with honey ice cream. Very excellent. You can get it with vanilla but step outside the box and get the ice cream it comes with which is made locally. Every meal I have had at the Bluestone has been excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentmngordoVIPDined on 9/14/2014Have reviewed Bluestone numerous times before. It remains a consistently good find in so many ways. The food (that's why we go to restaurants) always rates from good to excellent. My wife had the cobia (a very nice fish) while I had crab cake and filet mignon, which was outstanding. The salad[s] (always many good choices available) were very tasty. I really liked the goat cheese/arugula combination. Dessert was excellent too; chocolate mousse was one, chocolate chip ice cream the other. Did I mention the drinks and good bottle of wine. [We were 4 people]. We come here often and with good reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!!!MusicLoverDined on 9/13/2014Wow....never heard of this place! I guess better late than never. We'll definitely be back the next time we're in the Towson/Timonium area. Our meals we're excellent and the attentiveness of Team Awesome (a tandem team of Bluestone waitstaff) to our every need made it a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. Reasonably priced combined with excellent service Bluestone's got a wining formula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find in Timonium areaMKozVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had an excellent meal here while visiting the area. The vegetable/crab soup was a nice start.Not heavy and spiced well. Enjoy the crab cakes-some of the best I've had.No filler, all crab meat. Great desserts and coffee.Special Features:
- Loved it!love2liveDined on 9/10/2014We had a very nice dinner at this restaurant. All the food was fresh and created with a lot of effort. A lot of Seafood choices, which we love. They have a very good Chef! We really loved it and definitely be back. Waiter was very attentive, which is nice!Special Features:
- O.K. food, noisy environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Overall the food was good, but not great and the service was about average. The restaurant was very noisy partly because the bar is in close proximity to the dining areas and the decor is such that there is nothing to absorb the sounds. Not a good place to be able to talk with fellow table members with any hope of privacy or being able to be easily heard.Special Features:
- prices not justifiedexpats5Dined on 9/6/2014Good food but way ecpensive for what you get. A piece of fish and spoonful of vegetables for $30? Not to mention the noise level...but obviously a lot of people don't mind cuz very crowded on Saturday night
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Dinner (salmon) was not fully cooked. Waiter did not bring both dinners out at same time. My dinner came at least 10 minutes after my husbands. It wasn't until waiter saw that I didn't have a plate of food in front of me that he asked me where my dinner was? Stupid question! It was still in the kitchen!
- OkN4ECAIDined on 9/6/2014Food is usually good and it was. The server sort of disappeared and we flagged him down when we saw him. He took our drink and dinner orders. We had 2 quests with us and was hoping it would be a good experience. It really wasn't, promised refills didn't show up. You can go to another fancy restaurant, which would cost you maybe a tiny bit more but the experience and food would get 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArdaghFarmDined on 9/5/2014Wine was served too warm, crab fritters way overlooked and greasy. Nice portion size and good staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fishTowsondinersVIPDined on 9/4/2014The blackened swordfish was delicious. The bluestone salad and Chilean sea bass were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BluestoneBBistroDined on 9/4/2014Bluestone serves a very good crab cake for lunch; it is one of the better crab cakes in Baltimore. The crab cake that they brought to the table was not large; even so, Bluestone prepared it without any fillers- delivering only chunks of very tasty, lump crab meat.
- Awesome Food!DustinDCDined on 8/31/2014Great place to go in this area for amazing food and specials. Very attentive staff always on top of their game :)Special Features:
- Food is allways good!MarcVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have been to Bluestone several times and never disappointed. Food has always been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gret mealkpk3Dined on 8/30/2014The food was delish, and they were very accommodating about substituting the side dishes from one menu selection to another.Special Features:
- CONSISTENCYPLEASURABLEVIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant provides consistencies every day with each mealSpecial Features:
- Portion controlOutwegoDined on 8/28/2014Would recommend but...my soft shells were!!! with asparagus and just the right amount of corn pudding but my husband's entre of Chilean Sea Bass with veggies, more expensive than mine, was a child's portion. Small piece of fish, and few veggies. We are not complainers so did not sent back - but will hesitate to come again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluestone August 2014LottieDined on 8/28/2014We went to Bluestone to celebrate us finishing our graduate degrees. We were seated in the back section (with the water feature on the wall) which was MUCH more quite that the lively bar area. Service was good, though we had a chatty server which we aren't particularly in to but I'm sure some people will enjoy. We started with the calamari which was served with a sweet sauce that we loved. For dinner I had the crab cakes which were made with local blue crab - they were fantastic! My boyfriend had the steak which he was able to cut with a butter knife. We finished our evening with the blonde dessert. The dessert portion was a nice size, smaller and not overwhelming after a big meal. My only gripe was being seated in the corner by the A/C.Special Features:
- Great restaurantScottDined on 8/26/2014Best soft crab dinner I've ever had, combined with a well prepared crab cake, tasty dessert, and great service. Bluestone is a place I would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic, but high qualityFalconDaveDined on 8/25/2014Nothing adventurous here, but after three meals I can say the quality of the raw ingredients is good and the kitchen treats them with care. Service has varied from "just right" to "disappeared for long stretches." Food is a little pricy for the ambiance, but when we have a special occasion in the area it's often the first choice.Special Features: