11 W. Aylesbury Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluestoneonline.net/
- Phone: (410) 561-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Lenny Russell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Bluestone
Bluestone is a casual upscale restaurant featuring fresh fish & seafood. Bluestone also offers other meats such as Filets & Ribeyes. Desserts are baked fresh on-premise daily. Please call the restaurant directly for parties of 7 or larger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bluestone - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Bluestone reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (186)good for groups (175)special occasion (147)fit for foodies (145)great for lunch (131)vibrant bar scene (115)hot spot (63)romantic (60)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (35)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (21)great for outdoor dining (19)scenic view (7)Show More
- Dependable!!Foodie4everDined on 11/23/2014Bluestone is a fine restaurant. Their house salad, if you eat bacon, is unique and wonderful! The menu is varied and a dependable place to meet for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Always!mikerVIPDined on 11/22/2014Bluestone continues to maintain excellent quality with both the service and food. Love the Tuna Two Ways that's available if you ask along with a pretty extensive gluten free menu. Always a great meal and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-so foodCourt73Dined on 11/21/2014The cream of crab soup had lots of back fin crab in it but was way too salty. The Bluestone salad was disappointing & tiny. I would never order it again; for $8.50, it was a rip-off. The server was terrific and the service was very fast for a crowded Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, unfortunate space!RevelerDined on 11/21/2014We love Bluestone and have been there many times… That being said we were put back in a room with a tiny booth and very loud neighbors were sitting directly across from elderly people who were noisy and demanding and actually dropped two glasses of wine and water in their table… That ruined our dining experience! Our waitress and the manager could not have been nicer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappoiintingsnazeehDined on 11/21/2014During my second visit in a row - I had to send my meal back. First time for filet and second time for fish., Both extremely dry. Presentation less than attractive!
- special occasionWinnieDined on 11/21/2014I have been to this restaurant on three occasions and I have enjoyed every minute. The servers are very personable and have great attitudes. I have recommended others to your restaurant and I will continue to do so. Will see you again very soon. You are at the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchEasterDined on 11/15/2014Bluestone is always accommodating. Waiters are always pleasant & on the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a wonderful experience at the Blue Stone.GBoyDined on 11/14/2014From the time we arrived until we left we felt at home. The aroma coming out of the kitchen instantly created my appetite. The staff was attentive and friendly, and the food was great. Had Crab Cakes, which are among the best in Baltimore. I would recommend the Goat Cheese Salad as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itBibblesDined on 11/10/2014We were there on a Monday so it wasn't too crowded in the restaurant and the noise level was ok. Can be noisier on the weekends. We had a very good waitress and she saw to our every need.Special Features:
- Saturday Nov 8dinerdenDined on 11/8/2014Our group with the exception of my wife had dined here on many occasions and it met everyone's expectations. My wife also enjoyed the experience. The only negative comment I heard was the noise level, but the food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Goodtoner86Dined on 11/8/2014We have been a few times and we have enjoyed it each time. Service always seems to be good. I do recommend making a reservation on Friday or Saturday nights as it can be quite busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not any MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014This restaurant used to be excellent. The menu is suffering now, and our food was uneventful and bland.Special Features:
- Service size noticibly smallerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/7/2014We love Bluestone and we love their food. We did notice that the serving sizes were noticibly smaller this time than in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodEddiepDined on 11/5/2014Always very good service and food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- excellent food!!RitaHDined on 11/4/2014We enjoyed excellent food as usual. The service was a little slow. We waited almost 20 minutes for bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceJimPVIPDined on 11/3/2014The entire staff makes you feel welcome and appreciated. Food creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulBluestoneFanDined on 11/3/2014I have been to Bluestone many times and have never been disappointed. The food is so good, distinctive, creative and well executed. Service is attentive and helpful. The Crisfield Stew is a long time favorite of ours. Great crabcakes. We really enjoyed the Caprese flat-bread and avocado crab appetizer. The steaks and fish are cooked perfectly every time and the burgers are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodStanVIPDined on 11/2/2014Great seafood and wonderful place to spend the evening or for lunch always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckChuckDined on 11/2/2014we had a lovely table, the waitress was outstanding and the food excellent. We will go back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- honestabeDined on 11/1/2014as always, we had a wonderful time at Bluestone. The service was excellent and the food wonderful.Special Features:
- Place to go back to oftenMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 11/1/2014Bluestone has the right combination of food, light fare and dinners, ambience, comfortable feel and good service. We always enjoy it.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This is the second time since February that I've eaten at Bluestone. The first time was great, food and service were both very good. The second time not so much. The food was OK, but the portions were small. We had a crab and avocado appetizer for $14 and the portion was no larger then a small can of tuna and it was mostly avocado. The waiter was no where to be found, once he was assigned to a large table we hardly saw him again.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Waitress was great. Kept bringing is the rolls which are the absolute bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014A very good choice for lunch and dinner. I will go back anytimeSpecial Features:
- Getaway DiningDateniteDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I enjoy going to Bluestone. We've been dining there for almost 3 years now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- October dinnerKirbyVIPDined on 10/24/2014All 6 of us had a delicious dinner at Bluestone. This is not a simple task because some of our group are rather demanding. We had outstanding food, service--and would not hesitate to either recommend Bluestone or to return for another memorable meal. Excellently done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor cancelling noiseopalladyDined on 10/24/2014We were seated on a 2nd story walkway that captured every bit of noise from the bar below. The wait staff had to speak loudly for us to be able to hear them. The menu descriptions were strangely worded with punctuation that delighted in ambiguity, so I did ask the waiter 4 or 5 questions, most he could answer. I finally asked who wrote the menu. "The owner does," replied the waiter. The food we ordered was pleasant, and exactly as I expected after my questions, but I doubt if my husband and I will return because the noise level seemed to cancel the flavor.Special Features:
- LHelenDined on 10/23/2014I've been to Bluestone several times and the food is consistently good and the service has always been excellent.Special Features:
- Bluestone has itRis1954VIPDined on 10/23/2014Bluestone has it all, attractive bar with a hip vibe, comfortable dining facilities and great food. They also have a beautiful new patio with lots of glass windows and a lovely waterfall that spans ceiling to floor. The argula salad with strawberries, pine nuts and goat cheese was delicious and the crab soup was full of vegetables, some crab and just enough spice. My dining friend had the ahi tuna which looks y ummy. Like I said, Bluestone has it all.Special Features:
- fstop16Dined on 10/21/2014The food was fresh and delicious! The waitstaff was excellent ( our waiter's name was John). Overall the experience was great. We even reserved a space for my daughters celebratory lunch following her college graduation!Special Features:
- The Crisfield Stew is WonderfulJoeCariocaDined on 10/21/2014Crisfield Stew, the Bluestone's twist on the Italian classic cioppino seafood soup is a favorite especially that the weather is turning cooler. Flavorful broth, fresh fish, shrimp, and mussels. Perfect with a glass of Pinot Grigio! Of course the salads, crab cakes, and tenderloin are great too! I always have a great meal at the BluestoneSpecial Features:
- Love Bluestone!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Always enjoy Bluestone! Fun to have a drink at the bar before dinner. Never had a bad meal yet and their 3 for $33 can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Service was slower than usual but the food great as always.Special Features:
- wandererDined on 10/10/2014We totally enjoyed our dining experience here. The service was great and the food delicious. The waitress kept tabs to ensure that we had what we needed and that everything was okay. The mgr. also came to the table. By the way the corn pudding was delicious. Recommended to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodjazzVIPDined on 10/10/2014a bit pricey -- please do not overcook the salmon; friendly service. very nice table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant in the areaSarahWDined on 10/2/2014This was a great find in the Timonium area. The food was really good - had the green tomato appetizer and Caribbean Mahi. Our service wasn't great, likely because the Orioles playoff game was on. He didn't follow up on a question about the chef and was unattentative. Otherwise a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JacknJillDined on 9/29/2014Overall was ok, but have had better experiences. I think it was an off night for food and service. Food was not the best and service/server was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food :)Mrs2brychDined on 9/28/2014I love Bluestone Grill , the food is so yummi....I had the Blackened Swordfish , it was excellent. This is my second time here and the first time I had the Crabcakes. They were delicious as well, no fillers. I would recommend this place, the drinks are top notch.Special Features:
- DavidVIPDined on 9/26/2014The waitstaff make the experience at Bluestone a great one! Food comes quickly and follow up to check on us was very timely. I ordered a fish dish that came with a side of corn that was inedible. When I mentioned i to the waitress, off she went to the kitchen to get me a corn pudding. It arrived promptly and hot. The waitstaff wants you to have a great experience at Bluestone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the BluestoneAppetitesDined on 9/26/2014Bluestone is one of my favorite restaurants. I am never disappointed in the food or service. Especially enjoy the crab cakes and steak salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.