11 W. Aylesbury Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluestoneonline.net/
- Phone: 4105611100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Lenny Russell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Bluestone
Bluestone is a casual upscale restaurant featuring fresh fish & seafood. Bluestone also offers other meats such as Filets & Ribeyes. Desserts are baked fresh on-premise daily. Please call the restaurant directly for parties of 7 or larger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bluestone - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Bluestone reviews from OpenTable diners
406 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (214)special occasion (169)good for groups (165)great for lunch (162)fit for foodies (161)vibrant bar scene (129)romantic (76)hot spot (63)great for brunch (49)notable wine list (47)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (25)great for outdoor dining (23)scenic view (13)Show More
- Great restaurantScottDined on 8/26/2014Best soft crab dinner I've ever had, combined with a well prepared crab cake, tasty dessert, and great service. Bluestone is a place I would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobBobreviewDined on 8/24/2014Tends to have very good service with good food as well. My wife and I enjoy the restaurant and it has a good selection although we tend to think of it as a fresh fish / seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- YUM!Krmiller4217Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, the server was friendly and energetic. One thing I would note is the side portion with the Chilean Sea Bass could be a bit more. The amount of food I got was small compared to my husband who ordered the surf and turf. By the way, the tomatoes that I had in my starter were the best!!!!! Overall a nice evening and dining experience!Special Features:
- LunchEasterDined on 8/23/2014Food was good. Service Great. Prices did go up from the last time I was there.Special Features:
- Great choice for Restaurant WeekpageoneDined on 8/22/2014Visited Bluestone for Baltimore County restaurant week. Unlike most other restaurants participating in restaurant week, Bluestone offers it regular menu entrees rather than a limited menu, as its restaurant week menu. You get to order a soup or salad, an entree, and a dessert as your restuarant week order. This provides a very wide range of choices that are sure to please everyone in your party. My party of three all ordered different items. We were all very pleased and happy with what we received. The food was good and the service at Bluestone was friendly and attentive.
- Great FoodLuv2eatgreatfoodDined on 8/21/2014Both of our meals were excellent. My wife had the crab cakes. She said they were very good.I had the scallops that were also very good. The cream of crab soup was outstanding. So was the Bluestone salad.The desserts were also very good. Can't wait to go there again. Great deal for Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- lovetplay06Dined on 8/21/2014Our first time dining at Bluestone was so enjoyable that we will certainly return. It was well worth our travel time from PA. The food was beyond delicious and the choices were numerous. Our server was pleasant and met all of our needs including packing up our leftovers for another night's treat.Special Features:
- Great serviceravensfanDined on 8/20/2014We went to Bluestone for Restaurant Week and had a great experience. The menu was extensive and had plenty of options for different palates. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable despite how busy it was that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!DavidgDined on 8/20/2014Everything about Bluestone, from the moment a host/hostess opens the door for you, is simy the best. The atmosphere, service and especially the food are all top notch without paying a fortune. We love dining here for lunch, dinner, special occasion or late night. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Blue Stone. We reserved a table and got seated early, and the waiter was kind enough to get us half-priced drinks before the special was over for the evening. The food came out at a good pace, we were not in a rush and wanted to enjoy the evening. Everything tasted wonderful, we were there for Restaurant week and got to enjoy their three-course special.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneRemieDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has risen to first place in my regional restaurant circuit. The food is not over priced considering quality and presentation. On a recent visit however the 3 Chocolates dessert was gummy and not what I expected. I apparently do not like ginger in my chocolate mousse. That however may be personal preference. Otherwise, this restaurant is a cut above all the way around. The menu serves up choices for everyone's taste from Crisfield Stew to Tenderloin salad. I have enjoyed every appetizer and main course I've had here from earth to sea on a number of visits. Love it.Special Features:
- Great restaurant experienceAkilDined on 8/20/2014We had a really wonderful time at Bluestone. I was there with my mom and a girlfriend of hers. We have close birthdays and we went out to dinner to celebrate the occasion (two months late, mind you!). The food was amazing, and we were lucky to be there during restaurant week, so we got the soup/salad, entree, and dessert for $33. The Bluestone salad was great, especially the glazed bacon. We had two fish entrees, the cobia and the chilean sea bass, both delicious and well-prepared. The desserts were few, but I can speak for the blondie and the limoncello cheesecake, both delicious. Overall, a wonderful dining experience and I will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- Always a good experienceBobDDined on 8/19/2014I've never had a less than outstanding experience at Bluestone. The food is excellent and the service is attentive without being intrusive. During Restaurant Week Bluestone has the most generous deal. No special menu. They serve the same food as they do every other week but at a significant discount.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014My friend and I visited Bluestone during Restaurant Week and had an absolutely excellent dinner! The food was terrific, and it was difficult to choose just one entree -- they all looked wonderful. I was especially impressed that the (owner? manager?) stopped by our table to be sure that we were happy with our food. I also appreciated that the food was served as soon as it was cooked, rather than sitting in the kitchen waiting to be picked up by the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDaleDined on 8/18/2014Had never been to Bluestone. Had a business dinner based on a recommendation as we were looking for a casual but nice place with good steak and seafood. Bluestone was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014During this week my husband celebrated a special birthday. So, we began the celebration by going to Bluestone, one of his favorite restaurants. Our waitress, Louise, was delightful - pleasant and professional as she explained the various menu options. He chose a Caesar salad and the Whale Soft-crabs which were so large that he brought one home. These were served with a sweet corn pudding and fresh asparagus. His meal was accompanied by a Duckpin IPA. I had cream of crab soup followed by a beef filet with a crab cake served with mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. For dessert I enjoyed a creme brûlée while my husband had a lemon cheesecake with fresh berries. A great way to begin the week's celebration.Special Features:
- Bluestone rocksrunninggirlDined on 8/16/2014Always reliable, always more than excellent, if that is possible. The food never disappoints, nor does the service. Waiters or waitresses know their product and the business of taking care of patrons. Put this on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I have eaten at Bluestone several times and have enjoyed several different dishes. The food is always good. I always walk away pleased with my choices and the dinner. There is a great side room that gives one a feel of being in a small patio restaurant with large windows, stone walls and a waterfall window. The ambience is great.Special Features:
- Excellent delicious foodbaltimorefoodieDined on 8/16/2014Cream of Crab Soup, Filet Mignon and a crab cake with 2 sides mashed potatoes and requested Broccolini, then fantastic lemon cheesecake. All delicious even the hot bread. Enjoyed all the food and the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been long time customers of Blue Stone and have always enjoyed it. This time was no exception. We were seated on time and had excellent service, even though they were very busy. The food as usual was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ! In search of Sea BassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014This happend to be my Birthday so I was looking for someplace that has Sea Bass as a regular item on the menu. Ambince is important as often some places have a great menu but sound and act more like a bar room. We did order a bottle of Cab from a decent selection .. The service was great from begining to end .. It was impresive and clear the staff was going the extra mile to impress on this the last day of Baltimore county Restaurant week . The server was above and beond in patience in explaining the "Deal" and it was wonderful. I had the I had the Tomato and Cheese Salad followed by the Sea Bass with an asparagus side, my companion had the large house Salad and the Whale Soft Shell Crab with an impressive corn pudding both meals were A1Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014not a misstep in any part of the service or meal. Great experience.Special Features:
- always a pleasuremaggieDined on 8/15/2014Never had any complaints for food or service at the Bluestone. Server very attentive, food was delivered promptly even with the crowded restaurant, reservation honored immediately.Special Features:
- Looking forward to our next visitJaneVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a great meal. Everything was perfect from the tomatoes in the salad to the biscotti that came with dessert. Our server was very pleasant and shared a lot of information about the restaurant not just the menu. We were delighted to hear the restaurant week menu is available every Sunday.Special Features:
- lovely atmosphere and good foodlindacruiserDined on 8/15/2014The service was very good. The atmosphere was pleasing. enjoyed the cream of crab soup. rest of food was good. Asparagus had long hard ends which should have been trimmed off. The bread was ok, but a bit boring. We had the cookie/ice cream with chocolate sauce. The cookie on the bottom was not exciting, it was hard and tasteless. Not sure if it was real hot fudge or just chocolate syrup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RouxVIPDined on 8/15/2014All was great, but portion somewhat small on my salad with salmonSpecial Features:
- Good lunchHappyDDined on 8/15/2014As always, Bluestone did an excellent job, both with the service and the quality of the food. One of our favorite places to eat!Special Features:
- first tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Food was very good and the waiter and staff were very professional and prompt. We found the space and decor to be odd. It felt like a large dining hall with sparse and generic decor. It almost felt like the space was previously used by a restaurant chain.Special Features:
- Great as usual!2foodiesDined on 8/14/2014Been to Bluestone many times and the food, service and atmosphere is great every time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed the tomatoes and mozzarella and the crab cakes. Very good service despite the fact that it was very busy with Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Great dinnerInnov8VIPDined on 8/14/2014Arrived at Bluestone during restaurant week. Had a great three-course meal without spending a bundle. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Always wonderful.baltimorebornDined on 8/14/2014We have visited many times and decided to take advantage of restaurant week. They continue to know what they are doing. They give you the menu...regular menu....and you pick three things. How smart is that? They are always packed and it's because they are organized, courteous, and the food is always consistent.Special Features:
- Food was great and what a valueMGM714Dined on 8/13/2014gREAT DEAL FOR rESTAURANT WEEK AND THEY LET YOU CHOOSE FROM THE ENTIRE MENUSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LorettaGDined on 8/12/2014This is a wonderful place with fabulous food. We always know we will have a great time at Bluestone. Tuesdays are half price bottles of wine, which is a great incentive to go during the week. I had scallops, which were excellent. My husband loves the crab cakes, and they were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chickie 1Chickie1Dined on 8/12/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. The wait staff outstanding. Our waitress was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the food. She answered any questions that we had. The timing of the food's arrival to our table was perfect. We (party of 4) were highly impressed and would highly recommend. The cream of crab soup was the best that I've ever tasted. This is a must order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2014I am continually reminded how good this restaurant is, I'm ashamed to admit I often overlook it because I'm eager to try places down in the city. I shouldn't, because Bluestone is consistently good and really not to be missed. If you're looking for flash over substance, then this is not your place. Bluestone serves fresh, delicious seafood in really nice surroundings with great staff, but you won't find flaming dishes and molecular gastronomy (overrated anyway). Bonus, it has some of the most reasonably priced glasses of wine on earth (they are very generous pourers!). Looking for a great restaurant in the county, this place can't be beat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014One of the better Restaurant Week offerings using the entire menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestRoblou5VIPDined on 8/10/2014One of the best meals I have eaten at a restaurant during Restaurant Week. The large crab cakes were delicious and I am a seafood lover. I was pleased that their portions were not reduced like so many restaurants do during the week. My husband said his steak was cooked perfectly. Also, I loved the fact that you could choose from their entire menu (one appetizer, one entree and dessert). My only complaint would be for them add a little more crab meat to the Maryland Crab soup. The lemon cheesecake was a great sweet ending for our meal. I plan to go back before the special pricing is over;).Special Features:
- Excellent Meal as AlwaysmikerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent meal and everything about Bluestone is consistent and good. Extensive gluten free menu and tuna two ways is a favorite not to be missed. Ask for it since it's not listed on the memu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go backAyannaDined on 8/9/2014Was sort of loud in the restaurant but we had our kids so were kind of relieved that we wouldn't be the "loud" table. The food was great. I got the crab creak and corn pudding - AHHHH THE BEST!!! My teenager (16) didn't real like the steak, my son (6) thought the fried shrimp were good. Our server was ok, they took a little long to bring our dessert and we had to wait slightly for drink refills. Overall it was a pretty nice experience, and like I said, I'd go back.Special Features: