Blues Boulevard Jazz - Greenville
300 River Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blues Boulevard Jazz - Greenville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluesboulevardjazz.com/
- Phone: 8642422583
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Blues Boulevard Jazz - Greenville
Welcome to our premier jazz and blues venue, located in the heart of downtown Greenville. After almost 5 years of success in Spartanburg, Blues Boulevard has brought it's upscale blues and jazz venue, to Greenville. A gorgeous, newly remodeled, contemporary venue, there is nothing in Greenville that quite compares. Featuring LIVE acts, every Tuesday through Saturday, Blues Boulevard is bringing jazz and blues artists, both local, and national, right to you. With names like Boney James, Earl Klugh, and Joe Sample, gracing our stage, we know that Blues Boulevard is THE ticket to live music in Greenville. With a long list of specialty drinks, and a menu of artfully created tapas, we are a great place to spend an evening with friends or for a romantic night on the town. Looking for something to do during the week? We have you covered with LIVE styling of some of the greatest pianists in and around the area, and the country. Blues Boulevard is the place for live entertainment!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blues Boulevard Jazz - Greenville reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good jazz.....bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Music was great! Cocktails were also good although expensive. ($11 for a cocktail) Food was disappointing. We came planning to eat dinner. After one appetizer and seeing other dishes being served around us, we decided to pass on dinner and go somewhere else. We'll probably go back for jazz and cocktails, but not for the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014I would not recommend the food here. We waited an hour for frozen spring rolls and cold crab cakes. The staff however was very apologetic and even the owner came out and offered us dessert. They comped the whole bill too which was nice but expected. The jazz music was great though! So I would recommend eating somewhere else and come here for drinks and the awesome music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The environment was inviting and intimate! The music was awesome! The service was great! My cocktail was on point! The food was NOT good at all!... I ordered the jerk chicken kabobs and the chicken was tasteless and extremely dry. The kabobs were served with unseasoned white rice and equally bland kidney beans. Our waiter was very apologetic and removed the meal from our tab. I will attend this restaurant again; however, I will only go for the drinks and live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz in Greenville, SCBonnieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great night out! Still working on quality of food, but a wonderful evening of entertainment. Servers are great! Looking forward to the opening of two venues in Buckhead and Midtown ATL.Special Features:
- BroSolBroSolDined on 6/15/2014The music and atmosphere was great. It is one of my favorite places for a Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinglobyrdDined on 6/15/2014This was great for special day, i carry my husband for father day and it was wonderful and the live music awessomeSpecial Features:
- An Incredible Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food was given in small portions, yet cooked fresh and well. The atmosphere is filled with Jazz lovers who appreciate great music. And overall, the variety of musical artists that perform are extremely talented and entertaining to watch. I definitely recommend going because it will be a time you will not forget. If you ever get a chance to see the Mike Frost Band, you must reserve a time to see them perform! They're Jazz performance is breathtaking!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JollymonJollymonDined on 5/27/2014Great Food, Great Service, Great Music, and a Great Time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Blues Boulevard Jazz - Greenville reviews archive.
- DISAPPOINTINGkenbuchDined on 5/11/2014Reservation for 6 at 12:45. Seated on time. This was our fourth visit to Sunday Brunch, each time bringing out of town visitors. Took a long time for waiter to show up. Food was sparse. Most buffet items were empty, took a while to refill. Omelet and french toast special orders were suspended due to lack of food. We will not likely return.
- do not go thereVikiDined on 5/11/2014i did made a reservation from open table and put a note that I will be coming with a baby and a toddler. Then they called me to confirm.the reservation for mothers day brunch and I again told them that we are coming with two infants and would like to sit in the patio. The gentlemen said " no prob". When we arrived there with my mom they said patio umbrellas are broken and said out to be fixed and they do not have high chair. There was not a single table that we can fit with two toddler. When I mentioned of my note they just looked at my face meaninglessly. Do not go there. It is the most unchild friendly restaurant I have ever seen. If you do not have high chair why you are oing mothers day brunch!!
- ExcellentJazzHeadDined on 4/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Blues. The food was premium quality and the music was shot on. I'm a High School Band Director and my wife sang jazz in college jazz band and we both were equally impressed with the musicians and house sound technicians who controlled everything, even the lights, on an iPad. During the bands break, they lowered a screen and projector out of the ceiling and played video from an awesome jazz concert. I felt like I was in Atlanta or Chicago, not the small town of Greenville. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StacebabeVIPDined on 4/25/2014Awesome time!!!!! This was our second time visiting Blues Boulevard Jazz and we were blown away.... AGAIN!! Great place to go after dinner to listen to some groovy music with friends. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Order never filledkenbuchDined on 4/13/2014We had reservations for 4 at Sunday brunch. Seated promptly. Entertainment was fine as we expected (this was a return visit). Waiters seemed overworked. Meals ordered were not delivered together, one did not arrive at all. We were offered two glasses of wine at a future date as compensation, but since we do not drink alcohol, we simply refused to pay for the fourth meal.Special Features:
- Blues Boulevard JazzYenforMusic2014Dined on 4/13/2014The martinas are always good and the bar staff very freindly. We need this Jazz club in Greenville for the music and a late night spot to enjoy!Special Features:
- Staff was excellent, foodGregDined on 4/11/2014Staff was excellent, food was unique (but not too) and very good as well as reasonably priced (Pig Wings were very tasty). Wine list could have offered a little more selection. Tables along the wall were much too close together. Loved that they had entertainment and while they were great musicians, they weren't very engaging. When I looked on the website before I made the reservation, noted there was a $5 pp cover but was charged $7 pp on my dinner bill (thinking there should have been a note of this when the reservation was confirmed).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!houstin2000Dined on 4/8/2014We came in on a Friday night Blues was packed! Service was great, band was awesome and the outside scenic view is the best in Downtown Greenville! We will be back!Special Features:
- outstandingprecious40Dined on 4/5/2014We visited for the very first time for my sister birthday ....they treated her and us royally...the band did a shout out to her and played happy birthday..it was the best experience ever..we are an tip acting our return..just an awesome dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST PLACE IN GREENVILLEMattVIPDined on 4/1/2014AWESOME MUSIC, GREAT VIEW OF THE RIVER, AND EXCELLENT SERVICE. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music and beautiful ambianceMattVIPDined on 4/1/2014Brought all my girlfriends to watch Greenville Sings and we loved it. Can't wait to come back! Get the Sweet Potato Cake---best dessert in Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time at Blueshoustin2000Dined on 3/16/2014We had a great time at Blues and will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Great evening of music and foodMattVIPDined on 3/13/2014My girlfriend and I had a great experience at Blues Blvd Jazz with delicious food and creative cocktails. A place to impress a date.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The music was a little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2014The music was a little loud on this visit. I like the wine flight and the small steak and shoestring French fries Once the weather warms up. I would sit on the patio to listen to the music. Great location on the riverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Music, Bad Food/ServiceLauraVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was not impressive at all, especially for the price. The portions were very small, and the food itself just tasted like it wasn't fresh and it was microwaved up. Not impressed with this place for a meal, but the music is always good.Special Features:
- Nice evening.PhillJDined on 1/7/2014Food was pretty good, it was a Tuesday night but they were out of several food items and couldn't prepare a drink special because they were out of one of the ingredients. Service was ok, the music was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so much a restaurant . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/26/2013Blues Boulevard is more of a jazz club than a restaurant. There is a limited food menu, but most tables seemed to be ordering drinks/wine and not meals. We arrived just before the live music started and ordered salad/soup. The house salad was good, onion soup was okay. Wines and drinks are reasonably priced, although not an extensive wine list. The big attraction is the music, which on the night we were there was a quintet with no cover charge. The group was quite good and we enjoyed a bottle of wine while we sat through two sets. Fun experience but would recommend eating elsewhere beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Us Hanging on Christmas EveDisappointedDined on 12/24/2013I made reservations for "dinner" about a week before Christmas Eve. We were not told till we showed up at the restaurant that they would not be serving dinner but only appetizers and drinks. We were not offered any form of apology or compensation other than "oh well, come back some other time". The other restaurant in the immediate area that was open was not taking walk ins due to being booked with prior reservations. We were eventually able to be seated at another restaurant after a bit of looking. I was very disappointed that there was not any notification in advance that they would not be serving dinner in time for us to make other arrangements. Based on the lack of customers that night,we don't appear to be missing much.Special Features:
- Superb Treatnew2itDined on 12/12/2013Incredible night on the town! The music, food and service were on point. I highly recommend the Blues Jazz Restaurant to anyone desiring a great time downtown Greenville SC. It's well worth the time and money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2013This was our first time to Blues Boulevard Greenville. The music was great as was the service. Its just a fun place to be. Greenville needed a place like Blues Boulevard. We will be back.Special Features:
- Best place in GreenvilleMattVIPDined on 11/20/2013Excellent food and great drinks. The ambience is incredible and music is phenomenal. I highly recommend you check out Blues Boulevard Jazz as they continue to expand to new markets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz in the SouthpeedeeDined on 11/8/2013Unexpected surprise - Donna Marino performed, promoting new album. Intimate setting with enthusiastic crowd - highly recommend. A real surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not if you are hungrySueBDined on 10/25/2013Good to have a drink and listen to the performing band. Good entertainment. Do not go there for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Live Music and FoodMattVIPDined on 10/4/2013I highly recommend you check out Blues Blvd Jazz...Incredible atmosphere and great live music & food. The specialty drinks are the best in Greenville and the sweet potato cake is a MUST GET! You will be very satisfied with your experience. The happy hour is an amazing deal with free appetizers and discounted drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend DininingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2013My wife and mine's dining out at Blue's Boulevard Jazz was a very great way to spend a Friday night. There is not a lot of late night places in Greenville. We were presently surprised with the band and the atmosphere. It was quite romantic. I would definitely recommend Blue's Boulevard Jazz to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Blues Boulevard forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013Went to Blues Boulevard for the first time this past weekend. Got a little nervous because our reservations were at 7:45 PM and when we arrived, we were the only ones at the restaurant. But it quickly filled up. I would recommend eating somewhere else beforehand, unless you just want something lite to eat. The options were limited. The jazz was great though. We will be back.
- Not a place to be a regularCindyVIPDined on 7/19/2013They claim to be a tapas bar, but $17 for a small piece of catfish on grits? It tasted good, but I have had good meals for that price. Music was very loud for such a small place - my ears were ringing the next day. I would say I'm glad I tried it once, but probably wouldn't go back. I used the $20 Living Social coupon, and my bill (including tax and tip) was still $43 for the little catfish plate and two mixed drinks, and $5 cover charge (original bill totaled $63). I actually thought they made a mistake when I saw it.Special Features: