5730 Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluepointhollywood.com/
- Phone: 9543278911
- Hours of Operation:
M-W: 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
TH-F: 4:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
SAT: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
SUN: 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joel Christy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wine
A word from Bluepoint-Hollywood
A comfortable atmosphere filled with cozy round leather booths, warm wood-paneled walls and modern lighting makes this contemporary seafood kitchen and bar the perfect place for lunch, dinner or semi-private events with family, friends or business associates. The menu offers a wide selection of fresh seafood, prime steaks, entree salads and mouth-watering sandwiches, in addition to an impressive selection of draft and craft beers, signature martinis and fine wines available by the glass or bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bluepoint-Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
- a bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2013visiting for a concert from out of state. thought it would be easier to choose a restaurant close to the venue. mistake. blue point would give you the impression of fresh seafood... not much on the menu. maybe they are trying to do a few things well, that wasn't the case on this visitSpecial Features:
- We were not too impressed,mindiDined on 7/4/2013We were not too impressed, had heard good things, but that was not our experience. food was sub par, service started out ok but then he forgot about us, ambiance ok..
- 4th of July dinner and showgabrielaDined on 7/4/2013had a great time with our kids on the 4th of july..great view of fireworks display from our table..great food, waitress, services.. great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluepoint doesn't get the pointOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2013Although cordial wait staff does not listen or respond to customers. When it was pointed out that there was no avocado on the avocado and tuna, the waiter left came back and said thats the was we serve it. Salads were not served as requested and no effort was made to correct it. All in all disappointing enough to pause prior to returning.
- nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013took my hubby here for an early dinner. it was father's day and quite empty. the atmosphere is nice and service is good, but the menu is limited.Special Features:
- ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/10/2013ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS..... LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE AND THE HORSERADISH CRUSTED SALMONSpecial Features:
- Food wasn't greatNewcomelVIPDined on 5/21/2013We went on a weekday and the place was empty. Very nice decor, food was just not very good. The crab cakes are touted as being from Maryland but when our waitress checked they told her the crab is Maryland style but from a southern state. Food was not very hot and dry. For pasta, we had to ask for olive oil due to dryness. Go there for drinks on the patio and skip the food.
- Delishis BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013I'm not a Buffet (Mothers Day) type of eater, but I wanted to sample a little of everything. Everything was delishis. The Prime Rib and crab mac & cheese, omlets cooked to order and unlimited Sangria bar. Will return next yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchRobertDined on 5/12/2013Great sangria drinks at the bar! Well done on omelette's and crusted salmon too! Very nice! Only downside was picky children only had (lobster) macaroni and cheese as a choice. A very good choice but something else would have been appreciated as well.Special Features:
- We were offered table insidedinerVIPDined on 4/20/2013We were offered table inside or out. Took out, big mistake after 20 min realised chairs were wet. Pasta comes to table cold. Seafood sampler smaller platter mostly over done lobster tail was almost inedible. Burger not worth ordering. Save your money for the casino at least their you know you have a good chance to loose it
- Our service was great. WeRonnieVIPDined on 4/4/2013Our service was great. We ordered the fish dip and it had so much onion and garlic powder that was all you could taste. A couple of us ordered the Mahi Mahi in different dishes and it was so dry you had to use a knife to cut it. We wanted wine but our waitress said go for the girls night out martini special only to find out after we ordered our drinks that you could only have vodka not gin and it was all mixer. We would have rather paid full price to have wine.
- Expensive and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2013Very disappointed with food. Ordered a smoke fish dip, good, on salty side, served with seasoned, toasted bread. Dip on the bread, it was way too salty. Wanted salmon, but already sold out of salmon, only had Mahi. Only 8:00 & not busy, how do you sell out of salmon? I had fish tacos, which were OK at best. The Mahi inside the taco lacked seasoning. 2 tacos served with side salad which had at least 6 leaves of spring lettuce mix that had already started to break down, yucky, dressing on salad was gross. Husband had the Miso Mahi, not happy, served with hash browns like from a breakfast place. Sauce on fish was weird, all food was brown, not visually appealing. Drinks were good. Overpriced. Should not have TV's in main dining area.
- food was good although thekateDined on 3/20/2013food was good although the portions are small, have to do ala carte for potatoes or special veggies. The outside dining is wonderful, nice view of the lake with a light show at dusk. Overall a good stop with a diverse menu.Special Features:
- looks like the menu changedrocoDined on 3/16/2013looks like the menu changed a bit. we were satisfied with starters and they were very good. Had the coconut shrimp, margherita flatbread and angry ahi. Nice portion size.
- I read other reviews whereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I read other reviews where the service was poor and the food was not good. We were there on a Saturday night. Both the food and the service were excellentSpecial Features:
- Not worth the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Disappointing. With this type menu, they really shouldn't have 14 TV's playing during the dinner hour. When I want to visit a "sports bar" type restaurant, I will do so. In that case, I am certain that the check will not reach $100.00, (2 people,no alcohol, before gratuity). We haven't visited a Red Lobster in more than 25 years, but the food and the ambiance of Bluepoint is pretty much how I remember the Red Lobster chain. It would be nice if they would put some bread on the table, or at least, offer bread. The lobster tail was good. The crab cakes were greasy, and needed something to hold them together, aside from bread crumbs and butter. The key lime pie was good, but $9.50 is high for frozen pie. The expresso was stale -and tepid.
- 3rd time not a charmHockeyma74Dined on 2/1/2013We had to send back two drinks (pomegranate margaritas) they were awful. It took forever for our server the get our drinks from the bar, it was not crowded so we could not understand the wait. My husband got the special catch of the day it was dry and tasteless. The lobster Mac and cheese was good as were the oysters. This was our 3rd time here and will not be back - 3rd time was not a charm!Special Features:
- Awesome Lobster & ServiceOrangeDined on 1/14/2013Everything about this place was great. We had the lobster with mac& cheese. Talking about it has my mouth watering. You have to try this place out.Special Features:
- Great food beautiful outside diningMDrathDined on 1/5/2013We went there before a show at Hardrock Live. It was packed, but we were seated right away at a table outside. We had a beautiful view of the water amd fountains. The oysters and fish dip were super fresh, the horseradish salmon and lobster mac-n-cheese entrees were DELICIOUS! If you go, you need to try the elderflower cucumber martini. Great experience, we will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Nice place, good food. TookOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Nice place, good food. Took a bit long to get food and we were rushing to make a show. Ordered the salmon, which shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes. Waited almost a half hour. Will come here again except when not in a hurry.Special Features:
- Food and service were ok.2dinersVIPDined on 1/4/2013Food and service were ok. The host was unaccomodating to our seating requests even though the restaurant was less than half full. Not a good first impression.
- Good for Lunchtime ConversationScottVIPDined on 11/20/2012Went for a business lunch. A little pricier than expected, but it was at the Hard Rock. Food was good. Nothing memorable but adequate. Pretty empty at lunch time, which made discussing business easy.Special Features:
- The restaurant was empty andNYFoodieVIPDined on 11/17/2012The restaurant was empty and we sat in the bar with 2 other couples. There was a sign upon entering that said if you check in on FB all hot appetizers were half price. We all had 2 rounds of drinks and the manager came over to inform us our table could only have one appetizer at half price. As a matter of principle we all left and went to a fabulous restaurant down the street Tatu where we were treated royally and the restaurant was hopping!
- Took a large group of clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012Took a large group of clients to dinner at Bluepoint - Hollywood. Overall a good experience. I should have done more research as I was unaware that this restaurant is part of the Hard Rock casino complex. No negatives, however, I would have chosen a little quieter, more intimate restaurant. No knock on what was offered and delivered.Special Features:
- Service was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2012Service was good, but the place was dead so it may be different when they are full. The food was good but not great. For the price I would've expected better food. We went only because we had tickets to the comedy show next door, so the location was convenient but I probably would not go back, there are plenty of other restaurants with much better food in that price range.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2012We had a wonderful dinner outdoors and will be back.Special Features:
- It was wonderful food, theBethBarreto77VIPDined on 10/19/2012It was wonderful food, the fish was very nice as usual!!!Special Features:
- Awful Service!ChicagoChickVIPDined on 9/29/2012The food was delicious, service awful. My drink was made totally wrong, and it was off their drink menu. The waiter was not knowledgeable about the menu. My husband asked how many pounds of crab were in the order of King Crab legs and the waiter's response was "a lot". We ordered surf and turf (filet and lobster tail) and King crab legs we asked for everything to be split and they simply brought us extra plates and one set of utensils. Server was not attentive with the FB special and charged us for our appetizer anyway. Our side of spinach was forgotten then brought at the end of the meal. I ordered water for my 4 year old son and after we left and my son took the kids cup I tasted it and it was Sprite!! Servers need to be retrained!
- Inviting open floor plan withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Inviting open floor plan with a nice warm contemporary ambiance. The food was fine (expected more for the prices). The staff we encountered were simply wonderful, kind, and very attentive. Our server, Cory was beyond great...not only well versed on the menu, but he also got every part of our table's bar, appetizers, and entree orders correct without writing it down and made sure that everything arrived promptly - wish all servers loved their jobs and cared about their customers as much as he seems to!
- Good service. Large portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2012Good service. Large portions. Great location and atmosphere. Would recommend.
- Ok, Not WowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012It was just ok, food was tasty enough but not wow. Although the rice cake surprise that was served with the Mahi was delicious. I would eat there again if I'm at the Hard Rock, but I would not make a special trip just to go there.Special Features:
- The food is really bad. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012The food is really bad. The calamari was overcooked, salad came out without dressing and it took half the meal to get it. Horse-radish crusted salmon was like a brick and the sauce underneath tasted like floor cleaner. The blue cheese dressing is really good. The waitress was really nice and the ambiance was pleasant. A stray kitten sat in a chair at our table.Special Features:
- I always get the horeradishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2012I always get the horeradish crusted salmon and it is aways great, very consistantSpecial Features:
- Not impressed. After beingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Not impressed. After being promptly seated, we waited 15 mintues before our server came to our table, we order our drinks and waited again for another 22 mintues before we got those and water was served after that! We ordered two apps and while we were finishing up a server or busboy quickly ran by our table and without looking at us said "are you done with that?" while we still had food in our mouth. He also put one of his fingers on the table and slide it from one side to the other without ever stopping!!! it was horrible! Then, to make it a worse experience another waiter came by and asked if we were done...I think we were only there for approximately 45 mintues. But were feeling like we had over stayed our welcome! I would not return.Special Features:
- This place is great everyJulesDined on 8/31/2012This place is great every time we come. Have never been disappointed. have eaten at Blue Point at least 15 times.Special Features:
- I chose this restaurant primarilyrestaurantloverVIPDined on 8/21/2012I chose this restaurant primarily because they advertised a special for Maine lobster. It was a great deal and great food. Good service for a party of 10; everyone was happy with their food and the experience. The menu was varied enough to satisfy everyone. However, the dessert menu did not appeal to anyone, so we left and went to another place for that. For us, this decision was easy since the restaurant is in a huge entertainment complex. On the other hand, I think that the restaurant is at a disadvantage because it is buried in this complex. Unless the casino is my primary destination, I'm not sure I'd come back just for the restaurant.Special Features:
- Bluepoint is a decent restauranthdogDined on 8/10/2012Bluepoint is a decent restaurant with pretty good service. The miso mahi mahi is fantastic and I really suggest ordering this dish.Special Features:
- I liked the fish, the foodBethBarreto77VIPDined on 8/3/2012I liked the fish, the food was very good!!! The desert too. everything was fine!!!Special Features:
- Perfect place to eat beforeFineDineDined on 7/25/2012Perfect place to eat before attending a concert at Hardrock!Special Features:
- Not the best food or serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2012Not the best food or service but a very nice convenient place to dine if going to the Hard Rock for a show or gaming. Prices are reasonable. Service was somewhat slow for the main course.Special Features: