47 South Main Street
Mullica Hill, NJ 08062Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.blueplatenj.com/
- Phone: 8564782112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: James Malaby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Blueplate offers catering depending on food choices and staff availability
- Private Party Facilities: Blueplate offers private party's depending on which date you would like and for how many people. We usually try to have at least 50 people attending in order to close the restaurant for your event.
- Private Party Contact: James Malaby 8564782112
- Cross Street: High Street
- Public Transit: Public transit stops are located across the street from blueplate as well as down the street from bluepalte.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Blueplate offers parking in our lot behind the restaurant and in out lot down the street. There is also street parking available as well.
A word from blueplate
James Malaby of Mullica Hill has brought his years of experience and his American cuisine to this charming town for all to enjoy. When you come and enjoy a “blueplate special” you will never know that you’re in this charming South Jersey town. During the day, blueplate offers a casual breakfast and lunch menu. At night, James and his staff transform your meal into an elegant fine dining experience. blueplate has people talking from all over the tri-state area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
blueplate reviews from OpenTable diners
- This is an excellant establishment.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012This is an excellant establishment. Have been frequenting since 2002, and whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner, the meal is always awesome! One of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- The food is exceptional andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012The food is exceptional and the prices are reasonable. It is one of the best resturants in the area and I always look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Chef Jim has a wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2012Chef Jim has a wonderful, creative menu. The homemade pasta was fabulous! It's BYOB, but you can buy their featured ,local wine from the Wagonhouse Winery. Have eaten there many times for breakfast and lunch, but dinner is very special and atmosphere more upscale than during the day. The food at all meals is fabulous!Special Features:
- The food at Blueplate continuesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2012The food at Blueplate continues to impress. A wonderful dining experience!!Special Features:
- Not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012Made a reservation yet when I entered and gave my name, the young lady looked at me as though she had no idea what that meant. Then, when there were many booths open, we were seated in the middle of the room at a round table. The hostess was clueless with other things as well. The wait staff was good. The appetizer and salad was mediocre. The entree, salmon, was wonderful as was the beef my husband ordered. The desserts - disaster - $50 for essentially a 6 oz piece of salmon not worth it. Wanted to try it; will not be going back.
- Skip this oneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012We went to Blueplate for Valentine's Day dinner because we had heard so many good things about it. We were very disappointed. While the first and second courses were passable, the chicken entre was bland and the desserts were inedible. Additionally, the service was spotty. We do not plan to return and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Have eaten here for dinnerIMknightVIPDined on 11/25/2011Have eaten here for dinner twice. Menu is never stale. Food is good quality and they use locally sourced produce. I would go back a 3rd time.Special Features:
- Great place, always a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2011Great place, always a great new items on the menu to pick from.Special Features:
- food was excellant. SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2011food was excellant. Salmon was brown sugar & chilli crusted,and cooked to perfection. Pork tenderloin was in a tasty garlic sauce and could be cut with a butter knive. This was served with apple sage stuffing to die for. Almost forgot - Tasty sweet potato soup, and I don't even like sweet potatos,and misses enjoyed the apple, walnut, and bleu cheese salad. Definitely will return with guests.Special Features:
- fabulous food, grat atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2011fabulous food, grat atmosphere. a favorite breakfast spot and now a favorite dinner spot! Love it!Special Features:
- This special peach dinnerlinwDined on 8/10/2011This special peach dinner at blueplate was SUPERB!!! Every course contained delicious peaches, prepared in a way that the peaches were the highlight of the plate. Even the salmon took a backseat to the sweetness of the peach! The dessert was "to die" for!Special Features:
- a real neighborhood gemjmh7221VIPDined on 7/22/2011This is one of my favortie South Jersey restaurants and often choose it over going to Philadelphia. My friends and I really enjoy their special events.Special Features:
- This place is a hidden gem..IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2011This place is a hidden gem..I used to have an occasional breakfast in there but have recently been to the last three or four "Farm To Table" dinners....the portions are adequate, presentation is inviting and, most important, the flavor of the food has center stage.Special Features:
- Amazing! I went for the specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2011Amazing! I went for the special Farm Fresh Week. Four courses for $35 and every course was incredible - what a steal. Join the restaurant's email list to be notified about their special weeks. I'm not going to miss any! Zucchini "meatballs" were beyond delicious and the peach soup was so refreshing during a hot week. The grilled pork chop with blueberry bbq sauce was out of this world.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. InterestinOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2011The food was excellent. Interesting selections, well prepared. I enjoyed a flank steak served with risotto, aspargus & roasted tomatoes. An onion tart appetizer was tasty (and a good size portion). I would suggest that the dining room could use a bit of a makeover. There are signs of wear and some very dated (not vintage or quaint). Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- The special asparagus dinnerlinwDined on 5/25/2011The special asparagus dinner was wonderful! Blueplate is the place to go if you are interested in an imaginative menu where everything is delicious and there are very pleasant surprises! The white chocolate and candied asparagus dessert was positively heavenly!!!Special Features:
- Food was fantastic, as always,linwDined on 5/11/2011Food was fantastic, as always, especially the risotto!Special Features:
- I wish I would have foundOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/7/2011I wish I would have found out the specials BEFORE we ate our dinner.
- Don't understand all the greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2011Don't understand all the great reviews. Fish overcooked, homemade pasta cooked to death. The grits under the fish seemed like a can of creamed corn added.
- Very creative and imaginativeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011Very creative and imaginative fare; wonderfully executed; a true delight!Special Features:
- Although the food did notExtrasDined on 3/26/2011Although the food did not impress me, I was very happy with everything else. I loved how quiet and quante it was. It made for a romantic evening. I would go back and give the food another try only because I loved the atmosphere that much.Special Features:
- Food was innovative and comparableOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/26/2011Food was innovative and comparable to any fine dining establishment. Service excellent. The dining room unfortunately is the same for dinner as it is for breakfast which is local diner decor. Simple upgrades for dinner such as white tableclothes would enhance the diner decor. The interior needs a makeover to take this restaurant to a higher level. The booth we sat in had old cracked vinyl on the bench. Only complaint about the food was the poached Salmon was dry with little flavor. With no decent restaurants in Mullica Hill, Blue plate should be full every night.Special Features:
- we were there during RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011we were there during Restaurant Week, so the menu was limited. All was excellent. We have been there one other time & it was wonderful then also. Only complaint-should have liquor license. But BYOB is ok.Special Features:
- WE HAD A GREAT DINNER. CHEFOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2011WE HAD A GREAT DINNER. CHEF JIM TAKES HIS FOOD TO THE NEXT LEVEL IN DINING. YOU CAN ALWAYS GET CREATIVE FOOD, HE USES HERBS IN A WAY YOU WOULD'NT THINK OF.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsjmh7221VIPDined on 3/23/2011One of my favorite restaurants in the Philly area!!Special Features:
- The food was very good andSJDiner1VIPDined on 3/23/2011The food was very good and the menu was inventive. Do not get many restaurants featuring pork cheeks in this area.Special Features:
- Food was fabulous as always!!!linwDined on 3/23/2011Food was fabulous as always!!! We have gone to many of these special meals and the course selections are always unusual yet delicious! We get to try items that we normally would never choose and find them to be outstanding.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised! EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2011Pleasantly surprised! Everything was wonderful...the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- A former diner in historicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2011A former diner in historic Mullica Hill - while the ambiance isn't stellar, the food certainly is. Highly recomment.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2011The special Valentine's Day menu was simply outstanding. The food was particularly beyond their usual incredible rating. The Potato Leeks Soup was a great start. The Oyster Martini Shot was the freshest I've ever tasted, the way Oysters are supposed to be served. The Pasta Bologna took me straight to Italy and their fresh homemade pasta. The Cavatelli was done just right and the sauce was delicious and beautifully crafted. The start of the night was the Filet of Beef, so tender and flavorful it brought Filet to a whole new level of tenderness and care for its preparation. The Chocolate Marjolie was a very nice complement to an already heavenly experience. It was nicely done and just the enough level of sweet to it.Special Features:
- Overpriced for a BYOB. WhileOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2011Overpriced for a BYOB. While the food was better than average, the ambiance left my wife and I feeling as if we were eating at a breakfast place down the shore.
- South Jersey GemFishFoodieDined on 2/12/2011The place looks like a diner/cafe with fine food aspirations. The dinning area was nicely appointed although a little tight on space. The food was very good and attractively plated. The service was attentive although a little awkward because of the space limitations. A surprising gem in this part of South Jersey. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Very nice little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/21/2011Very nice little restaurant in Mullica Hill, where there's not a lot of competition. Good food and service, reasonable prices. No bar, but you can either BYO or buy a bottle from a winery with whom the restaurant has a relationship. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Received a warm friendly greetingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2011Received a warm friendly greeting upon arrival. Service was pleasant and helpful in making our selections. The Comfort Food special menu was great.Special Features:
- Dinner was absolutely wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2011Dinner was absolutely wonderful, nothening would have made it better. Food was 4 star, service was good, and atmosphere was nice and quiet. We will deffinately have dinner there again.Special Features:
- This hidden gem in South JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2010This hidden gem in South Jersey has a great menu for those looking for a fine dining experience at reasonable prices. The food rivals even some of Philadelphia's more well know establishments.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2010We enjoyed our New Year's Eve dinner very much. All the food from the Peppers and bread to the dessert were excellent. We had the Lobster Lyonnaise Salad and it was great. My husband had the Veal Osso Bucco and he said it was the best ever and I had the poached salmon which was delicious. We had one of each of the desserts which were absolutely sinful and I finished them both.Special Features:
- Addition of local Wagon HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/4/2010Addition of local Wagon House wine being available (included a tasting) along with being a BYOB make the blueplate even better than before. Daily specials should not be missed! Veal shank was outstanding.Special Features:
- A great find that offers amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/13/2010A great find that offers amazing food. Blueplate offers special menus. On the night that we went they were offering a 4 course prix fix menu that was amazing. A great BYOB that we will return to.Special Features:
- I have been here for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2010I have been here for breakfast many times. Love it and look forward to my morning meals here. As for dinner that is a different story. We decided to give it a try and bring another couple along. We were first at a table for 8 and we were only 4. It took 15 min to have someone approach us. No appetizers, just salads. And the service was just ok. Our dinners were again, just ok. I decided to order a dessert since I was still hungry and it was a mess in a martini glass. I will not go here again based on my experience.Special Features: