bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
41000 Bob Hope Dr
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rancholaspalmas.com/bluember
- Phone: 7608624581x2110
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour : Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Billy Deaver
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ember Room for 50
Wine Room for 24
Priavte Dining Room for 10
- Entertainment: Wednesday | Dreams with Nikki and Willie |
Thursday | Strings with John Stanley King Band |
Friday | Caribbean Rhythms with the Stanley Butler Trio |
Saturday | Jazz Music with Steve Madeo |
Sunday | Jazz Music with Steve Madeo |
A word from bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Experience bluEmber, the resort’s signature restaurant for an inventive spin on California New American cuisine. Enjoy the sophisticated dining room, or sit back and enjoy food and wine pairings on the award winning patio. Cozy up with a cocktail by the fire pit and admire the majestic mountains and lush fairways. Whatever you choose, bluEmber embodies the Rancho Las Palmas experience at every turn with an exquisite menu, variety of fine wines, and unmatched hospitality. Plus, enjoy live music select evenings every week. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (16)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)good for groups (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Beautiful settingOutdoorfoodiDined on 10/12/2014This place had great food, beautiful romantic outdoor setting but service was lacking. Hostess and waitress were not first class for such a nice restaurant. Waitress was annoyed when asked to be seated elsewhere as we did not want to be seated near very large birthday group even though there were plenty of empty tables. Service slow and difficulty seeing food as only had a very dim candle but all in all had a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, great ambianceRomanticDined on 10/11/2014Our receptionist did not exhibit the proper appearance for an upscale restaurant. Waitress ignored out table, not refilling glasses or bringing us bread until asked. The entertainment was outstanding. We remained for at least an hour after out meal ws completed in the firepit area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014Overall good dining experience. Food was good except for grit in wedge salad. Loved the live music but it was competing with the recorded music across the pond. Our waiter Justin? Did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DinnereatinginthedesertDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I had a rare night out and a friend sent us here for a nice romantic dinner! It was the perfect evening! There was a decent wine list with a variety of price points. Plenty of different appetizers to choose from (we had the shrimp/lobster cakes and the tuna tartar - the tuna was a fav!). I had the ribeye. Cooked to perfection and oh so delicious! My husband had the filet and he ate everything on his plate! If I had written my review after dinner, I would have remembered our servers name...I'm so disappointed I didn't, because he was wonderful. Knowledgeable, friendly and made our evening perfect!!!Special Features:
- Loved itEricDined on 9/20/2014Kids eat free!!!! Loved the 3 course menu for 29.99. Food was tasty, and service was great. Mixed drinks were pretty expensive though, but tasty as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniCVIPDined on 9/13/2014We ordered the three course special meal. It was horrible Even at reduced Price. The only time we have been that we did not love the good. Next time we will not order the reduced price meal. As usual, you get what you pay forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDesertSpinDocDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, professional service -- but so much noise from a "private party" (in the same room in which we were seated) that we couldn't hear each other across the table. The private party included a sound system, speeches and plenty of applause -- not exactly the ambiance we were looking for. When we (and the table next to us) complained to the manager, we received apologies and the promise of our bottle of wine "on the house." We said that wasn't why we were complaining, but that we appreciated the gesture. We were charged full price for the wine. We liked the food so much and our server was excellent -- but we wouldn't go back unless we knew for sure that the dining room was reserved for private dining. A huge disappointment.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent - but was rushed. Food came out too fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Night OUtdesertgirlDined on 8/17/2014We had great wine...great service...the food was good...and the ambiance was great. The music was a little loud outside so we sat further away so we could enjoy our conversation...but, the music was great...just a little bit too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent, service was wonderful and ambience was niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniCVIPDined on 8/15/2014Whole evening was a wonderful experience . Food, service, and ambience were first classSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice...DesertRat92253Dined on 8/3/2014Dinner was very good and we had a great time. Our server was very nice and attentive. Lots of families on this particular weekend!Special Features:
- MissDVIPDined on 7/30/2014Fantastic there is really no other words that need to be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biddy1Dined on 7/26/2014Food was great- servers were great- but lots of kids running around and making noise. It would be great to have a specific room that does not have young children dining in it. That was the only issue we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too many kids running aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/20142 weeks prior to this review, we had dinner at this restaurant on a Sunday and sat outside. The food was delicious & ambiance was great. This visit, we dined on a Friday evening. This restaurant caters to families w/kids. If you're looking for a civilized, relaxing place to have a nice dinner, this is not it. We sat outside hoping to enjoy the live music, however it was difficult to enjoy anything as kids were literally running around, bumping into our chairs, & jumping on the built in fire pits next to our table. Neither the restaurant mgmnt, nor the parents control the kids in the restaurant. I ordered the salmon, my husband ordered the steak & both came out barely lukewarm. Would not recommend this place on the weekend.Special Features:
- SIGDinnerVIPDined on 7/18/2014The dining experience at BluEmber was wonderful and unique. The 29 dollar 3 course menu offered a wide array of choices each with an excellent flavor profile. It also showcased several chef farmers market inspired dishes that were delicious. A live band was playing on Friday night which was great and for those traveling with children there was a buffet set up for them that seemed very popular. Not the best spot for a quite date night but if you are looking for a fun vibe with great food you won't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Amazing summer menuhappyeaterVIPDined on 7/10/2014Lunch on the outdoor terrace is a favorite spot in the Coachella Valley. We ate dinner here during the hot summer, indoors for the first time. Summer menu, three courses $29. Chilled pea soup with crabmeat, Moroccan spiced chicken with hominy grits (fragrant, crispy, moist, breast and flattened crispy thigh), three sorbets and a tuile, all great. Excellent cooking at a bargain price. Server was charming and helpful. Lighting is awful, like eating in a badly lit airport lounge or being underwater. Hard to explain, but easy to solve. If fixed it would be so much nicer. Secondly, the waiter recommended a glass of wine that came up at $18.75 on the bill!! Seriously? When we challenged him, he removed it altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKRaiderdaveDined on 7/6/2014Food is ok however it's way too expensive in comparison to its quality. Service was fine. Waiter and bus help we're attentive and responsive. Inside is a mixed bag. There are no real good table locations in whole place. It's also very run down. Outside is beautiful. Bottom line-drinks, possibly app's or happy hour on the outside patio is recommended. For dinner, find something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful resort dining.JavajudiVIPDined on 6/29/2014This is a beautiful resort and a lovely place to dine outside when the weather is nice. I'm not as impressed with the inside as it is undistinquishable from a lot of other large hotels. I miss the charm and ambiance of what this resort used to have. The food was fine but the Panna Cotta couldn't compare to the one I had the previous night at a restaurant in Palm Springs. When we first arrived there were several women in the lounge laughing loudly and kids running around screaming so the noise level almost convinced me to leave right at the start but it did quiet down. I will go there again when I can sit outside and enjoy the view of the things they can't change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!TerryDined on 6/28/2014I selected the bluEmber to celebrate the birthday of a dear friend. I was looking forward to a quiet evening of pleasant conversation with a good friend. Unfortunately, the restaurant was very loud with children running back and forth to the "Kid's Buffet." The food was excellent, however. Considering the menu prices one would have thought that the ambience would have been far more cordial.Special Features:
- The following 409 reviews are from the bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Won't go backAuntCCDined on 6/7/2014Service was slow, overall food was fair. Beef done incorrectly and tasteless. Very good salads. Dessert nothing to write home about.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014My husband really liked the beet salad and the scallops. My steak was hard to cut (cooked right) but chewey. Service was good but would have loved to be outside (too hot). Beautiful outdoor area with misters, golf course view. Would probably go again for appetizers and drinks although the drinks are very pricey at $14 each.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekdesertdinerDined on 6/5/2014Our party of 4 chose the $38 Restaurant Week menu. The best entree was halibut. Scallops and NY Steak were good, although the slice of pork belly served with the scallops was a bit weird. Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay at $16/glass was, in our opinion, way too high. BluEmber has lovely outdoor seating, however it was a very hot evening and we noticed several small children running and screaming around the area, so we opted for indoors. Unfortunately our table indoors was surrounded by noisy and restless kids, too. Rancho Las Palmas is a family resort, so kids in the upscale restaurant can be expected. All in all, it was an OK experience, but there numerous other local restaurants that we prefer for a quiet evening with adults.Special Features:
- Exotic ingredientsRestaurantweekspecialistDined on 6/3/2014Many unusual ingredients blended together provide wonderful experience. Good Chef. Highly recommend if you are in to different flavors.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceoccasionaldinerDined on 5/30/2014My friend and I checked out Blu Ember for Restaurant Week. We had an excellent meal starting with the roasted artichoke appetizer then the scallops. Lovely presentation, friendly and prompt service, and we had no trouble carrying on a conversation even as the place filled up and the band started playing outside.Special Features:
- Great for kidsDianeDined on 5/30/2014We really enjoyed the food. It was very well presented and tasted great. Had the restaurant week menu which was three FULL courses and way too much but we took home half and it was great. Our biggest problem was the shrieking children at the other tables. Little ones were running around unattended and jumping up and down. When we go out for a nice dinner we want some quiet adult time not a Chuckie Cheese experience. It's too bad the restaurant doesn't have a separate "family area". We will not return.Special Features:
- Eat, Drink & Listen to good musicTruejulsVIPDined on 5/28/2014This is a fantastic environment that serves with grace a beautiful meal. We love going to this super restaurant for a truly resort environment that is romantic and fun. Usually there is music in on the patio and weather permitting (which is most of the time) the patio is our favorite place to dine. The staff is gracious and accommodating. The food is excellent and if there is a misstep on the part of the kitchen they are so nice about getting it right. We highly recommend this wonderful place to eat in the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHappyjackieDined on 5/15/2014Lunch with 2 girlfriends. Wonderful selection on Menu. All sounds so good, hard to deside what to have. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!AlexiVIPDined on 5/3/2014I'm from LA, I hold restaurants to a pretty high standard but this restaurant absolutely exceeded my expectations! The food was amazing! I had the salad greens and salmon, both were exceptionally delicious! The risotto with scallops was amazing too! Waitress kind of forgot about us for a little while and when someone came up to ask how our meal was and we indicated we were finished and they could take our plates he seemed a little disoriented like "that isn't my job", which we noticed and was a little annoying. Service not so good, but for the food we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food-large quantities9463Dined on 4/27/2014Wonderful ambiance with reserved patio dining. Music was too loud for our conversations however. Service was very poor: slow greeting, delayed ordering & delayed delivery of wine.Special Features:
- A nice Easter brunchDCDinerVIPDined on 4/20/2014If you're looking for a nice Easter buffet brunch in the Palm Springs area (where there are not a lot of upscale buffet choices), bluEmber does a nice job, but the price might give you pause. I'm always happy with unlimited champagne ($15 extra) and a plentiful raw bar, but if those don't pique your interest, this probably isn't the place for you. The salads and hot dishes are very limited and unexciting. There are several choices for kids, however, so it's a good (but not cheap) choice for families.Special Features:
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014Not a great restaurant, but certainly good. Shrimp was salty, food overall was OK. Would we go back? Sure, if we're staying at the hotel but expectations are not super high. If we weren't staying at the hotel, probably wouldn't seek this restaurant out. Service was fine and wine list was nice but overall just OK.Special Features:
- Salty food + poor kid's buffetMomof2Dined on 4/1/2014Salty food - I ordered the salmon, which was very salty, with a side of wilted greens. The greens were inedible. They did cook me another batch of wilted greens which was less salty, but barely wilted. Poor service - They did not bring my husband his glass of wine until he had finished his meal. Disappointing kid's buffet - they did not have the pizza available at all, which our kids wanted and was supposed to be on the menu, the grilled cheese sandwiches were cold and hard, there was no grated parmesan cheese for the pasta and the cookie selection was limited to peanut butter (which our daughter is allergic to) and quite stale. No seemed to be taking care of the buffet. We noticed other diners complaining too.Special Features:
- A great outdoor dining experience.OpentableRegularVIPDined on 3/23/2014A great outdoor dining experience. Live music on Wednesday's and Sunday's. Don't overlook this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!GreenFoxDined on 3/20/2014Everything about this place was amazing! The food was to die for! My friend and I have a lot of food allergies and the menu and staff here made our evening very unstressful. There was a great selection of gluten free dishes. We both truly enjoyed our meals, wine & the ambiance. The service was absolutely fabulous!! We will be back....especially for the firecracker edamame & flour less cake!! You won't be disappointed here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio DiningRobertDined on 3/15/2014This has to be one of the best patio dining spots in the Valley. Food is good service is a bit slow but the atmosphere makes up for it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many children. My steakgregDined on 3/11/2014Too many children. My steak was a little too oily, but good flavor
- Hidden GemKateVIPDined on 3/4/2014This is a fabulous setting with several seating areas with firetables to sit by. Entertainment most evenings. Be sure to reserve OUTDOOR seating! Love this place:)Special Features:
- Beautiful settingFightongirlDined on 2/20/2014The music outside was fantastic! We would definitely return for a cocktail on the patio but will most likely not be back for dinner. The food was mediocre at best...Special Features:
- Outdoor PleasureEaterNRanchoDined on 2/15/2014Wonderful setting, service and food. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.