bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
41000 Bob Hope Dr
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rancholaspalmas.com/bluember
- Phone: 7608624581x2110
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour : Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Billy Deaver
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ember Room for 50
Wine Room for 24
Priavte Dining Room for 10
- Entertainment: Wednesday | Dreams with Nikki and Willie |
Thursday | Strings with John Stanley King Band |
Friday | Caribbean Rhythms with the Stanley Butler Trio |
Saturday | Jazz Music with Steve Madeo |
Sunday | Jazz Music with Steve Madeo |
A word from bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Experience bluEmber, the resort’s signature restaurant for an inventive spin on California New American cuisine. Enjoy the sophisticated dining room, or sit back and enjoy food and wine pairings on the award winning patio. Cozy up with a cocktail by the fire pit and admire the majestic mountains and lush fairways. Whatever you choose, bluEmber embodies the Rancho Las Palmas experience at every turn with an exquisite menu, variety of fine wines, and unmatched hospitality. Plus, enjoy live music select evenings every week. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
bluEmber at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)kid-friendly (15)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (9)scenic view (8)good for groups (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- I have been meaning to goDesertDwellerVIPDined on 3/9/2013I have been meaning to go to BluEmber, since I have been coming to the desert for several years. Online there were mixed reviews. But, I have to say everyone's meal was very good; and sitting outside was delightful. It's pretty pricey, however, so simply be prepared!Special Features:
- Went there for our anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Went there for our anniversary. We were disappointed in the quality of our main course choices; sea scallops and a steak dish. For the cost of the entrees the quality should have been better. My sea scallops did not have a fresh consistancy-I felt they were lacking in the quality I was expecting. My husbands steak was done as he requested but was tough.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful lunch forThefoodieinmeVIPDined on 3/6/2013Had a wonderful lunch for a special bday! Thanks for the great service and beautiful restaurantSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere and ambiencechicinchicagoDined on 3/1/2013The atmosphere and ambience are wonderful. Great outdoor patio with heaters and live music. Wonderful outdoor seating areas in the bar for cocktails. However, the food was expensive and poor quality and the service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- Our first time at bluEmber.metarooVIPDined on 2/28/2013Our first time at bluEmber. The outdoor setting is beautiful, but it was a bit chilly so we decided to sit inside. The indoor ambiance was not very inviting. The restaurant appears to be very large, and customers were all seated far away from each other, so it seemed pretty empty and possibly was part of the reason the service wasn't very good, because there appeared to be only one waitress to serve everyone inside. She had to go hunting for a wine bucket because they were apparently all being used for some function for a larger party in another part of the hotel. The food however, was excellent for three of us (Arctic char and white fish) although one of us ad the Chilean sea bass, which was dry. Good enough to try it again.Special Features:
- Atmosphere is great both insidedh650Dined on 2/17/2013Atmosphere is great both inside and outside. Plenty of heaters and firepits to keep you warm if you are eating outside. The dinner menu has a decent amount of variety of seafood, beef, chicken, etc. I did anticipate a little better quality of food considering the prices for the entrees. All in all we had a good experience and would go back again during future visits.Special Features:
- STAY AWAY (period)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013STAY AWAY. You will be terribly disappointed. Food & Service: Terrible When selecting appetizers, the tone is set immediately. Ask the waitress what type of oysters they serve, she will say "raw and on the half shell"... Their version of Filet is so dry and tastes like cardboard. The Rib eye is so bad, even the chef is forced to put a sauce on it. The waitress (Kelly) stops by "Is everything ok?" You open your mouth to answer and she DISAPPEARS. Literally, she vanished. She only reappears when it’s time for the check.
- Dinner took over two hoursOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Dinner took over two hours to be completed. From appetizer to salad to entree to desert took from 6:00 until 8:00. While we are used to European dining timetables, clearly something was amiss.Special Features:
- We love bluEmber for outdoorBevRogerVIPDined on 2/15/2013We love bluEmber for outdoor dining! Live music is a nice touch and the food is fun and different. Well worth a stop, even if you aren't into resort dining.Special Features:
- Another wonderful eveningqueeneyDined on 2/15/2013Another wonderful evening outdoors at BluEmber! We have enjoyed this spot for many years and, only once did they disappoint.. This dinner for 7 was a complete success for our out of town guests, lovely weather, just right live band in the background to set the stage for everyone's meal. We had a full range of characters ages 12 to 92, and they pleased all of us.Special Features:
- Real decline with this venue--OutsiOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/13/2013Real decline with this venue--Outside dining area was DARK, and noisey with a MOVIE running adjacent to the patio---Service was VERY slow, and sporadic===Food was average to bad--Lamb @ $37.00,was lacking in any flavor [more like a poor lamb stew.]==Fish was dry, and Quinoa salad was flavorless.Bread was hard as rocks.--Hardly anyone in the restaurant, so maybe the word is out!!-----Save your $$,until the hotel can improve the dining experience.
- Second time having dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/7/2013Second time having dinner there, really great! Food was awesome! Also had lunch, great!!Special Features:
- The patio at the Blu EmberOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/1/2013The patio at the Blu Ember is lovely. Lunch menu is okay. Server was personable, but not very efficient.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time and money...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/20131st & last time here. Ambiance, food & service all lacking. Both on Opentable reservation AND called to tell of celebrating birthday-nothing-not even a candle on a napkin......For a $200 bill for 4 people-don't think it was remotely worth it.
- Nice place to go. Had a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/25/2013Nice place to go. Had a drink in the lounge first and then went there again after dinner. Food was great and extremely fresh tasting and creative in line with the new menu. Great live music coming outta of the lounge was very entertaining. Service was fantastic. We will definitely return with friends next time.
- We had the short ribs dish,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012We had the short ribs dish, and it was extremely good. The Blue Ember has always been good, so we return each time we are in the desert.
- Due to the extremely poorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2012Due to the extremely poor judgement by two families that brought very loud screaming toddlers to dinner, we had to move to another area of the dining room. The staff could not have been more gracious in accommodating us and making sure we enjoyed our experience. The food was both unique and exquisitely prepared.Special Features:
- Dont bother.PSWeekenderVIPDined on 12/23/2012Went for my birthday. The menu looked promising. Unfortunately the execution did not match the promise. The salad course were good. But the main courses did not live up to expectation. The scallops were a touch overcooked; but the pork belly underneath was excellent. The rib eye steak, while cook perfectly, was tough and clearly not prime and may not have even been choice. The server did not know the menu and spaced out on my personal requests in the preparation. I will say the rest of the staff was chipper, pleasant and accomodating. The greatest cultural advantage of the restaurant is the 50% discount on Sundays if you are a member of Rancho Las Palmas Country Club.
- this restaurant has recentlyDrBCaliforniaVIPDined on 12/22/2012this restaurant has recently rejuvenated its menu with more flavorful appetizers and entrees. The staff is very attentive and courteous now. I enjoy now going there not juST for the view but for the food and service. good jobSpecial Features:
- Menu and food were quite good.lskesq95VIPDined on 12/14/2012Menu and food were quite good. Service was lacking in terms of professionalism for this level of dining -- service would have been totally acceptable if this was casual (inexpensive) dining, but didn't hold up to this level of dining. This level of dining needs a professional wait staff.
- As always, Blu Ember has fabulousAnArtistEatsVIPDined on 12/9/2012As always, Blu Ember has fabulous ambiance. We hadn't been for more than half a year since the last few times the food had not lived up to the atmosphere. Pleasantly surprised by a drastic change there, everyone in our party of six impressed with the meal. Looking forward to our next meal at Blu Ember!Special Features:
- Quintessential CaliforniaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/1/2012Quintessential California resort dining with firepits and water features. Food was terrific and service was unobtrusive and efficient.Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012I would not recommend this resturant. Everyone in the dining group was very disappointed with the quality of the food and dessert. Both the fish and steak dishes lacked any flavor. Dessert was also just so-so. I will not go back!
- We enjoyed a cocktail beforeVickiDined on 11/10/2012We enjoyed a cocktail before dinner, outside at a fire table which was a wonderful way to start the evening. Then we went inside for dinner which was fine, because it was chilly. Our food was tasteful and presented well, and our wait staff was friendly and eager to please, both inside and outside. All in all, a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful surroundings atOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2012Wonderful surroundings at Rancho Las Palmas resort. Great evening out.Special Features:
- We loved the feel of the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012We loved the feel of the place - music was great and nice outdoor dining. Service was good. Food, not so much and it is way too dark to even see what you are eating.Special Features:
- We love being outside at thelive4foodDined on 10/12/2012We love being outside at the Blu Ember! Such a relaxing yet eloquent setting with the plush cushioned chairs and rockers, firepit, torches, palm trees and a mountain view! And when you add music, well, you don't want to leave. The slow service on the outside terrace is therefore tolerable; but the dinner service is not so forgivable. We had to ask for basics - salt and pepper, light the candle, sugar with coffee, a replacement fork and knife. Thankfully the food was very good and nicely presented, but we expect better service for spending $150.Special Features:
- very boring food at high endOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012very boring food at high end prices. But, the service was good.
- They should have a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2012They should have a special area for parties without kids. My wife and I were celebrating special day - We were surrounded by families with young children enjoying themselves. We are grandparents and certainly appreciated seeing families together but it still would be nice to have an area where couples without children could peacefully enjoy the great food and service.Special Features:
- We were celebrating out anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012We were celebrating out anniversary and it would have been a lovely evening except for the kids eat free night. We were in a booth outside the wine room and there was a party of 30 in the wine room and 15 of them were children from strollers up. The noise and running in and out of the wine room by the children was intolerable. the waitstaff did their best to try to keep them under control but to no avail. We will never come back when kids eat free and would hope that the restaurant would have told us that when we made out reservation.Special Features:
- Food was unremarkable, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2012Food was unremarkable, service was sporadic, wait person went missing for a long period. The restaurant was empty, yet they bunched all diners up in one area. We were next to a party of nine........including five rambuctious kids.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012The food was good,not great,, however the service was absolutely awful. Our waitress only had 2 other tables and was extremely in attentive to our needs. She could not recommend any cocktails to us and was unsure of many of our questions. For the price, I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently terrific. WonderfulMaroisronVIPDined on 8/4/2012Consistently terrific. Wonderful good choices and everything is prepared and presented beautifully. Great service tops off a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Frankly, the inside restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Frankly, the inside restaurant decor and atmosphere is dull and drab. Not a single picture on the bare white walls or a plant to be seen. The exterior patio seating and view are exceptional, but the lighting for the tables is minimal, making the meal experience dark as well. For a resort restaurant, not what I would expect.
- Too many kids running around,Valentines2014Dined on 7/13/2012Too many kids running around, we took friend there for a relaxing evening.Special Features:
- We've eaten at BluEmber manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2012We've eaten at BluEmber many times. I'm not sure if they are under a new chef, management or what but I was very disappointed with the menu and food. Not much from the previous menu is on the new menu and what is is not prepared the same...not as good. I'm really sad because this was one of my favorite places to dine. I'm not sure I'll go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful Resort!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2012Loved the ambiance - relaxing, laid back. People on holiday just enjoying the views. A real mix of people there - families, couples, groups of friends. We had live music and misters for the hot weather. HIghly recommend for outdoor dining. Inside has air conditioning but a bit too dark for me (I like to see my food!). Menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Entertainment great, kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012Entertainment great, kids buffet during dinner was good,reasonable, and kept the nine year old in our group happy during an extended dinnerSpecial Features:
- Was pleasantly surprised.beitcohenDined on 6/22/2012Was pleasantly surprised. Food was delicious. Music outside a little loud but otherwise beautifulSpecial Features:
- great for a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012Beautiful environment, great service. The food was good but a little pricey.Special Features: