1636 Old Deerfield RD
Highland Park, IL 60035Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluegrasshp.com/
- Phone: 8478310595x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Brian Bishop
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We now cater for home, office or in our dining room, check out our website for current menu suggestions. www.bluegrasshp.com
- Private Party Facilities: We only open for private parties on Saturday and Sunday lunches. We do open for showers, weddings, anniversaries and any large group over 30 guests. Everything from a Brunch to Cocktails and appetizers.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Lederer 8478310595x
- Entertainment: The best Mardi Gras in Chicageaux!
- Special Events: Mardi Gras - Cinco de Mayo - BBQ Fest - Oktoberfest every year, three week celebration for each event, special wine/beer maker dinners to conclude the special menu...
- Cross Street: Richfield Road
- Public Transit: Chicago Northwestern line in downtown Highland Park is about 1.5 miles away.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: plenty of FREE parking, with two lots next door for over flow, and additional parking across the street at the Highland Park Police Department.
A word from Bluegrass
Bluegrass is a casual restaurant located in Highland Park. With a cozy setting nestled into the west side of town it is a true destination dining location. Complete with a warm friendly bar and an American flare, Bluegrass blends in a little Southern influence into its repertoire. The wine and beer selections are all American, along with a full back bar, all hand selected to echo the quality of the fare. Check our website for all of our special events. Mardi Gras is celebrated annually. Cinco de May is with us through the 4th of May! We have many wonderful specials that rotate, so check our menu regularly on line.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bluegrass - Best Restaurants in Highland Park ›
Bluegrass reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (25)special occasion (23)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- CelebratorsDined on 9/26/2014We have yet to be anything but delighted with our experiences at Bluegrass..the food never disappoints, the service is always impeccable and the hosts always extremely friendly and accommodating. We were introduced to the restaurant by good friends and now pass along the recommendation to all we know. Bluegrass is a very special place that we now make our go to spot for a great night out as well as for special occasions!Special Features:
- Good food for suburbiaWeathermanDined on 9/23/2014Nice place where the noise level is low enough that yoiu can actually carry on a conversation with fellow diners. The food is good, not great, but better than you usually find in suburbia. The smoked brisket is smoked CORNED brisket, which I find a wierd combination and not all that great. The ribs are good but chewy, so if you like them falling off the bone, don't order. I found the peanut brittle beans much too sweet, and prefered the green beans which were sauteed in oil with garlic. Again, a nice place for dining, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owner's rock!brianDined on 9/20/2014The bartender is professional and friendly and our waitress was attentive and engaging, with great recommendations from the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluegrass has the best!SpecialplaceiknowDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant has an owner present at all times. Their menu is very eclectic but leans heavily to the south and especially South Carolina low country ,Louisiana and the best ribs I have had in Illinois. The service is so good it rates a 5+ and I have eaten here many times. The bar is well stocked and the beer and wine menu extensive. Make reservations and take the trip for a casual great meal. A few of the great items , Sasafrass Talapia, the ribs all of them, the calamari appetizer comes in a giant martini glass and fed 4 easily. For the member of your party that really wanted chinese that night try the orange chicken. It is usually seen at every table just to share. Bread pusdding for desert you got it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotDan2Dined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed the food and the service. Nice spot to enjoy a variety of well crafted food options. The martinis are also fantasticSpecial Features:
- Our favorite place in HPOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We really enjoy being in this restaurant. The owners are wonderful, food is delicious, service is terrific. Love it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit, even betterDnKnBDined on 8/30/2014Excellent preparation, food is fresh and top notch serviceSpecial Features:
- wrapman14VIPDined on 8/24/2014Imaginative menu expertly prepared. The service may be the best on the North Shore.Special Features:
- unusual wines beer good barbecueFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Barbecue was very good seems specialty. Local beers and wine are unusual. Good service. Nice small size desserts availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!!!!FoodjunkieDined on 8/23/2014I was totally blown away by Bluegrass! Amazing food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Time and I loved itInterviewdinnerVIPDined on 8/21/2014My Boss and I were having a working dinner and he suggested this restaurant. It was my first time and from the moment we were seated I knew this was going to be a great experience. Great Service, Great Food and they didn't bug us while we talked business. I/we will be back. Thanks AgainSpecial Features:
- HungryGuyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Nice beer and wine selection...Seafood salad is great, so is the pulled pork!Special Features:
- Great choices, very good foodenjoyeatingoutDined on 8/17/2014Nice variety of menu choices. Food preparation very good. Jambalaya was tasty, generous portion. Specail award winning shrimp over cheese grits with pork belly - outstanding. Owner stopped at table a few times to make sure all was well - very friendly. Server was attentive and very helpful with menu selection.Special Features:
- Best EverdoreenmichVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our favorite restaurant of all times. Food is outstanding, service is fantastic and overall experience is one you have to experience yourself. From the time you walk in the door until you leave the owners and chef come by your table to make sure you are happy and having a good time. PLEASE put this on your "to do" list - you won't be sorry!Special Features:
- Perrenial favoriteFoodie4lifeDined on 8/16/2014Had not eaten at the restaurant in awhile,but found it as good as always. The food was very good as well as the service.Everybody enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.oldeaterDined on 8/14/2014The food was outstanding, the service excellent. In short a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Always good'clarkDined on 8/14/2014First time here with little kids. Staff was wonderful as was the food. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good for & servicehappyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed our dinner very much. Met old friends and enjoyed being able to walk to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitmadame1971VIPDined on 8/12/2014This was my first time at Bluegrass and I will definitely return. Everything we ordered was fresh and delicious. I especially loved the shrimp and grits. There were huge hunks of sweet/spicy slab bacon in the middle and the grits were creamy and cheesy. The teriyaki chicken breast was equally as good. The sauce was homemade and had a hint of a citrus flavor. The portion was enough for two people to share.Special Features:
- Perfect Local Dinner JointDowntoEarthFoodyVIPDined on 8/9/2014I love Bluegrass for a nice local joint to go to with ambiance and atmosphere before a movie or for a lazy evening. Great for summer salads or in the Fall hardier stews, barbeque and creole food. Nice wines and yummy cocktails. Very kid friendly but still feels like an adult night. Great find in Deerfield/Highland Park area.Special Features:
- sunshineDined on 8/9/2014We love sitting out on the patio. Bluegrass food never disappoints. Love the ribs, jimbalaya, skirt steak, pulled pork. Whipped butter with cinnamon sugar for the fresh, warm bread is divine. Delicious decadent desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local restaurantJulieLoveDined on 8/8/2014good food, nice people, honored our reservation, love the giant desserts to share with your friends and family.Special Features:
- Always solidNorthshoredaveVIPDined on 8/5/2014I always enjoy going to Bluegrass they know my family at this point. The food is always freshly prepared and the owners really care about the diners food and restaurant. I also really like the dessert.Special Features:
- Great place to dineKarenDined on 8/1/2014We dined here recently for my aunt and uncles 50th wedding anniversary. We wanted someplace special and we knew the right place to go. The food, as always, was excellent. Our server was gracious, friendly, and gave outstanding service. Everyone came to the table to wish my aunt and uncle happy anniversary, then brought us a special dessert of Bananas Foster, which was delicious. I would highly recommend Bluegrass. You cannot go wrong with this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014I had the lousianna blackened grouper. I loved it! My husband also enjoyed the ribs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hatetocookDined on 7/29/2014Excellent as always - delicious food, friendly staff, great environment!Special Features:
- Terrific food!HungrygirlDined on 7/25/2014We had not been here in years, not sure why as we liked it then, but as our new office is nearby we stopped in again and loved it! It is pretty busy, crowded and noisy inside but we were able to snag a table outside and had a lovely dinner, able to talk easily catching up with friends. Something for everyone on the menu; great barbeque-loved the pulled pork. Artichoke fritters are awesome! Great soft shell crabs. Efficient service, good food, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDaveyDined on 7/20/2014Wonderful cozy place with good food to celebrate a quiet night for our anniversary. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodDBA2000Dined on 7/19/2014The food here is consistently amazing. Love it. We dine here a lot and bring new friends often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BBQ and much moreFoodieGolferVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have been here many times and Bluegrass never disappoints. We recently invited 4 friends that had never been there before and they loved everything about the place. From the moment you walk in and are greeted warmly to the enormous desserts that must be shared; the dining experience is top notch. We had baby back ribs, which IMO are the best within 100 miles. One of our guests had the shrimp and grits and raved about them. Another had jambalaya which was as authentic as any of us had including various places in the southeast. We cannot say enough good things about Bluegrass. Delicious food, great micro beer selection, huge appetizers, and desserts to share for the table.Special Features:
- Fine Food and Food FindfoodiefavoriteDined on 7/18/2014This is a neighborhood gem, as well as a destination restaurant. Family owned, they take pride in making each dining experience fun. Attentive wait staff, well prepared entrees, diverse menu, wonderful specials every night and fabulous desserts, it is well worth the trip to Highland Park.Special Features:
- pinkDined on 7/17/2014food is consistenly good and a bit unusual for the typical neighborhood restaurant. Very attentive waitstaff and bartender. Reservations reccommened as there could be a wait. Off the beaten path but easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GtubaDined on 7/11/2014Excellent food and friendly, accommodating staff. Menu has enough variety to please just about everyone, yet is unique with a Southern emphasis. Every plate that comes out of the kitchen looks wonderful.Special Features:
- OutstandingJoyceFDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The New Orleans type of Cajun preparations are the best around. The service is quick and friendly and the chocolate martini flight is to die for. I love everything about this restaurant and highly recommend it. This is our favorite restaurant and love to try something new each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014The food is fair, nothing to write home about, service also. In my opinion they are a bit overpriced. Every thing is ala carte. Will not return for quite a while.Special Features:
- So so experienceTeamppDined on 6/27/2014I hadn't been to Bluegrass for a few years but I never forgot it. Went with my husband and nephew. I definitely enjoyed my food more than they did. I had the chop salad with shrimp added. I'd always gotten it with salmon but was in a mood for shrimp. While it was tasty, I'd go back to salmon. The men had the pulled pork sandwich (so so) and the 1/2 slab with jambalaya (so so). Ribs were a little dry. Popcorn shrimp & crab cake appetizers were yummy! Service tanked when it got busy. We'd go back but during slower time to get the better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday special sold out-uninformedfuntodineoutVIPDined on 6/22/2014We went for dinner on an Sunday night specifically to have the smoked Sunday specials which are: 1/2 smoked BBQ chicken, ribs, brisket. We were seated for a good while with our menus & had already decided what we wanted. When the server approached about drinks- he never mentioned being out of anything. We would have surely appreciated being told this info as soon as we were seated so that we could focus on other things. The rest of our meal was ok... nothing to write home about. Sorry, but not planning on rushing back to Bluegrass...Special Features:
- BluegrassBob54Dined on 6/19/2014We had a wonderful time at Bluegrass, visited the Botanical Gardens and then had dinner here. The service was wonderful, the waiter very accommodating with excellent beers and wine suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJoyceFDined on 6/14/2014Everything about this place from the delicious food and the quality of the food to the wonderful drinks, was a pleasure and is now one of our favorite places to go. We especially like the unusual menu items. The chocolate martini trio is so special.Special Features:
- Trixie and BevoTrixie40VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great menu choices. Nice wine list. Outstanding service. Ribs are wonderful, as is the skirt steak. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.