Bluefin Seafood Bistro
7053 North Oracle Rd
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bluefin Seafood Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefintucson.com/
- Phone: (520) 531-8500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Light Menu- Monday-Sunday;3:00pm-5:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 3:pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jim Murphy / Jeff Azersky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that seats up to 18 people comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Morales 5205318500x
A word from Bluefin Seafood Bistro
Bluefin is an upscale seafood bistro reminiscent of New Orleans with finer dining on the second floor and a hip indoor/outdoor bar on the first. Bluefin specializes in fish flown in from all over the world, as well as live Maine lobster, Alaskan crab legs and our crowd-pleasing bouillabaisse. The eclectic wine list has offerings from all over the world, several by the glass selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Bluefin Seafood Bistro - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Bluefin Seafood Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)great for outdoor dining (58)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (30)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)scenic view (13)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not up to expectations2travelersDined on 11/18/2014Two out of four people had problems with their food selections. A major item was missing from the ingredients listed for an appetizer. Wait staff didn't return to table to check if everything was OK. Second problem occurred with the 'stew' entre (the only non fish item on menu) it was over cooked. Both items were taken off the tab. A second batch of stew was brought to the table for our friend to take home. Wine selections were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceKriddyDined on 11/15/2014We've eaten here many times for many years. This time we had a group of 8 & requested their lovely patio. The table was ready on arrival, the service was excellent, as always, and the food was great! Our group was loud & had a fantastic time & the staff was highly accommodating. These guys know how to handle more than the typical 2-4 top without a hiccup! Definitely recommend & will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The cashew encrusted Hawaiin fish was to die for.BleewzgDined on 11/14/2014Our waiter was generous in helping us celebrate a birthday in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second trybetovaDined on 11/12/2014We were 4 dinners, although service was slow, it was fine... Oysters ...very fresh... Excellent fresh cabrilla...grilled to perfection... Excellent and fresh sockeye salmon ... Crab Legs...very good and large portion, which is always appreciated ...! Lobster roll...not so good... Nice experience....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slip in serviceGeorgeVIPDined on 11/11/2014Usually our go to local resUsually a favorite local restaurant, theUsually Usually one of our local favorites, service on our most recent visit was disturbingly off. Could have been an off night because service staff seemed disinterested, but... Main course served before we completed salads. Plates removed before some guests had finished eating. Staff reached across our guests still eating to remove plates. We poured our own wine. We were not offered water refills until we were able to get staff attention. Perplexing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeFoodieFittieDined on 11/9/2014We came to Bluefin to celebrate my mom's birthday and parents' wedding anniversary. They really enjoyed the boulliabaise and scallops, and the rest of us also liked our dishes. In all honesty, it was good, for Tucson. But, we are originally from a large city, where places that charge those type of prices for the food really knock your socks off. Nothing blew me away. Would I come back? Yes, at some point if someone suggests going there or invites me.Special Features:
- Best Fish in TucsonDinerVIPDined on 10/29/2014I lived on the east coast until moving here in 2004. The fish is always prepared perfectly at Bluefin. The Arctic Char was delicious.Special Features:
- Lobster Roll LovelinessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014I so enjoyed my Lobster Roll for lunch - fresh tasting, tender, generous portion and just the right amount of mayo and classic ingredients. The side of French Fries (shoestring style) was a meal in itself. The Blue Crab cakes were outstanding and I'm so glad I ordered both for lunch. My guest enjoyed her first visit and will be returning. The dessert menu was disappointing and needs more pizazz. More fresh fruit desserts would be welcome. Wait staff was friendly but could be a bit more prompt with the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceEasygoingDined on 10/26/2014The service staff was attentive and quick to correct the one problem that we had. My red wine was served at refrigerator temperature. That should not have happened. However, the waitress warmed it in a warm cup and replaced it in the wine glass and all was well. Pacing was fine and the food was delicious and nicely presented. The atmosphere was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableThelford4dinnerDined on 10/24/2014I was very pleasantly greeted at the door. I was comfortable immediatel(the ambiance). The server was excellent answering all question and gave good descriptions on the selections on the menu. In fact I choose the special because of the way she described it. Every thing was servered on time. I didn't feel rusher or neglected. It was a grey experience. I'll be backSpecial Features:
- EnjoyableEstebanDined on 10/24/2014After requesting and receiving a move to our patio table from the chilly and crowded main dining area, we had an enjoyable dinner. Service was prompt and efficient; our food was outstanding. I was disappointed that, even though the staff knew that it was my wife's birthday, nothing was done to acknowledge it. Our dinner tab for 4 people came to more than $200 and while I felt the experience was well worth the money I was disappointed that her birthday went un-mentioned. But never the less, we had a lovely dinner in a relaxed setting sitting under the stars on a beautiful Tucson evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodseefooddevoteeDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated a nice birthday dinner with friends and the meal was exceptional!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Very good experience, we will be back But your review is asking to much. Be satisfied with just a simple check box to a few questions. Bet you'll get more responses.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014When reserving through Open Table, I requested outdoor seating for 4. I understand that outside cannot be guaranteed, however, when we arrived at our 6:30 reservation time, there were an abundance of available tables downstairs and upstairs, but nothing available at the outside dining. I was told that some of the people just sat outside on their own. That tells me that they did not put a reserved sign on our table which was absolutely unacceptable. The Blue Fin either doesn't pay any attention to requests when reserving through Open Table, or their staff has no clue how to handle reservations. We waited an hour for our food once we ordered, and the food was barely lukewarm.
- BillDined on 10/11/2014Overall this dining experience was great. First timer and will definitely return more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for the $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Service was exceptionally slow. One fish plate undercooked. One fish plate overcooked. Not acceptable for the price...and a shame. Ambience was nice making it. Bigger disappointment.Special Features:
- A Favorite SpotFineWithFinDined on 10/3/2014Spouse and I really enjoy Bluefin Seafood Bistro although I'm a red meat favoritist.Special Features:
- BOUILLABAISSEOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2014The BOUILLABAISSE was very good except for the mussels that were in it. If you can call them mussels. They were so tiny that I couldn't recognize them as mussels, just a sliver of mussel in each shell. If you want to serve mussels in the BOUILLABAISSE at least serve something that looks like a mussel.Special Features:
- Love BluefinTrizDined on 9/28/2014Love the outdoor patio and the warm welcome at Bluefin. A favorite for seafood in Tucson.Special Features:
- Awesome food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We had not been to Blue Fin in a while, but being there again was a reminder to visit more often. The service was awesome, and the foot was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoriteNovemberbrideVIPDined on 9/23/2014We love Bluefin, Tuesday nights are our favorite for the half price bottle of wine, and happy hour there is great! The service is always awesome, and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood GemCharfmanDined on 9/21/2014Bluefin has been a favorite of ours for years to celebrate a special occasion or to take out of town visitors. On this night, the weather was perfect to sit outside with a great view of the mountains. The food was excellent as always and our favorite server made sure that we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiefanDined on 9/21/2014The food was outstanding. Making reservations was effortless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodthePheasantDined on 9/16/2014Great meal with excellent service. it's a treat to have excellent seafood in Tucson.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationTvogueDined on 9/13/2014Great meal, nice wine, excellent service, the couple who enjoyed the evening with us, tis ready to return, as are we!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner @ Bluefin13thAnnivatBluefinDined on 8/31/2014Celebrated our 13th anniversary at the Bluefin with our daughter, son-in law and our 9 month old grandson. They were very accommodating, efficient and friendly. The food was great and we especially recommend the sea bass. Order it with the sauce on the side. The grilled fish is great just the way it is!Special Features:
- First Time LobsterfestrookiesscDined on 8/24/2014The lobster was the best I've ever had and the service was impeccable. I just wish you had a beer list on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLuvnBlueFinDined on 8/23/2014I was very impressed with the whole atmosphere & food. Everything but the waitress was incredible. Our waitress was lacking a personality who seemed a bit dark when she was serving us. Other than that it was a pleasant environment and I will be going there more often from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service, but....terpsjasDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent, service was highly attentive, outdoor seating view very nice. However, when a patron has expressed certain food allergies and a 'substitution' is made to accommodate those allergies, applying a substitution charge does not seem appropriate -- especially when the substituted item is less is preparation time and less in quantity than the items not taken. It wasn't the amount charged that was issue; it was the principle. Just something to think about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Nice lunch, good drinks...as always. Could use a change of menu now, though. Always good service.Special Features:
- anniversary specialseadogDined on 8/20/2014This is our go to place for special occasions- birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Usually have the lobster special (excellent) and whatever fish is on special. Usually order flowers, which are all set up at a nice table and have a liesurely, quiet meal.Special Features:
- desert fishnyazfishloverDined on 8/19/2014One of our favorite Tucson restaurants! We eat here every time we visit Tucson. The fish is well prepared. The menu offers non-seafood options. The service is friendly and knowledgeable. We love Bluefin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaybirthdYDined on 8/16/2014It was my birthday and I LOVED the summer lobster special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My GO-TO dining spot in TucsonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Always my favorite go-to dining spot in Tucson, for lunch or dinner, or for a glass of wine or cocktail at the bar. Friendly and professional service, delicious food, (yummy shrimp and crab cakes!) nice atmosphere--inside as well as on the patio near the fountain, with a view of the Catalina Mountains. I love the quiet atmosphere and view from upstairs, too. =WineandDineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluefinLuvcfoodDined on 8/10/2014I enjoyed the food. The menu selection was good and the prices are very reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- a special placeOVBillDined on 8/2/2014We discovered Bluefin shortly after retiring here and reserve it for special occasions. We have never been disappointed in seating selection (next to a window), service and menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- who would think?middleofnv1Dined on 8/1/2014Great place for seafood in the Desert!! crab cakes, scallops and great wine friendly staff with a great sense of service and HUMOR!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable ambienceInFromTucsonVIPDined on 7/29/2014Have dined here for a many years and have never been disappointed. For a change I had the prime flat iron steak cooked perfectly with simple but great accompanyments. Scallops here are excellent but three's never enough. The greens served with steak were succulent and I want that recipe. Limited great wines.Trust me you can easily find Good hang out to recharge while forcing down mussels and littlenecks during happy hour at quite a bargain. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Fest EveningtutdoyDined on 7/25/2014The Host seated us immediately, Server was friendly, we ordered four Lobster Fest dinners. All four dinners were excellently prepared. Overall an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- PerfectionBirthdayDinnerDined on 7/23/2014My husband wanted to go to Bluefin for his birthday dinner. We hadn't been there in ages, and were very happy this was the choice for dinner. Our entrees were amazing (seared scallops with polenta and chard and bouillabaisse). The crab cake appetizer came with a scrumptious sauce. My husband was offered a free dessert and he chose the crème brulee - great choice. We won't wait so long to go back!Special Features: