Bluefin Seafood Bistro
7053 North Oracle Rd
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bluefin Seafood Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefintucson.com/
- Phone: 5205318500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Light Menu- Monday-Sunday;3:00pm-5:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 3:pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jim Murphy / Jeff Azersky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that seats up to 18 people comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Morales 5205318500x
A word from Bluefin Seafood Bistro
Bluefin is an upscale seafood bistro reminiscent of New Orleans with finer dining on the second floor and a hip indoor/outdoor bar on the first. Bluefin specializes in fish flown in from all over the world, as well as live Maine lobster, Alaskan crab legs and our crowd-pleasing bouillabaisse. The eclectic wine list has offerings from all over the world, several by the glass selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Bluefin Seafood Bistro - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Bluefin Seafood Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (48)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (24)notable wine list (17)scenic view (15)great for lunch (15)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Excellent seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Great meal with excellent service. it's a treat to have excellent seafood in Tucson.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationTvogueDined on 9/13/2014Great meal, nice wine, excellent service, the couple who enjoyed the evening with us, tis ready to return, as are we!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner @ Bluefin13thAnnivatBluefinDined on 8/31/2014Celebrated our 13th anniversary at the Bluefin with our daughter, son-in law and our 9 month old grandson. They were very accommodating, efficient and friendly. The food was great and we especially recommend the sea bass. Order it with the sauce on the side. The grilled fish is great just the way it is!Special Features:
- First Time LobsterfestrookiesscDined on 8/24/2014The lobster was the best I've ever had and the service was impeccable. I just wish you had a beer list on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLuvnBlueFinDined on 8/23/2014I was very impressed with the whole atmosphere & food. Everything but the waitress was incredible. Our waitress was lacking a personality who seemed a bit dark when she was serving us. Other than that it was a pleasant environment and I will be going there more often from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service, but....terpsjasDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent, service was highly attentive, outdoor seating view very nice. However, when a patron has expressed certain food allergies and a 'substitution' is made to accommodate those allergies, applying a substitution charge does not seem appropriate -- especially when the substituted item is less is preparation time and less in quantity than the items not taken. It wasn't the amount charged that was issue; it was the principle. Just something to think about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Nice lunch, good drinks...as always. Could use a change of menu now, though. Always good service.Special Features:
- anniversary specialseadogDined on 8/20/2014This is our go to place for special occasions- birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Usually have the lobster special (excellent) and whatever fish is on special. Usually order flowers, which are all set up at a nice table and have a liesurely, quiet meal.Special Features:
- desert fishnyazfishloverDined on 8/19/2014One of our favorite Tucson restaurants! We eat here every time we visit Tucson. The fish is well prepared. The menu offers non-seafood options. The service is friendly and knowledgeable. We love Bluefin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaybirthdYDined on 8/16/2014It was my birthday and I LOVED the summer lobster special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My GO-TO dining spot in TucsonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Always my favorite go-to dining spot in Tucson, for lunch or dinner, or for a glass of wine or cocktail at the bar. Friendly and professional service, delicious food, (yummy shrimp and crab cakes!) nice atmosphere--inside as well as on the patio near the fountain, with a view of the Catalina Mountains. I love the quiet atmosphere and view from upstairs, too. =WineandDineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluefinLuvcfoodDined on 8/10/2014I enjoyed the food. The menu selection was good and the prices are very reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- a special placeOVBillDined on 8/2/2014We discovered Bluefin shortly after retiring here and reserve it for special occasions. We have never been disappointed in seating selection (next to a window), service and menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- who would think?middleofnv1Dined on 8/1/2014Great place for seafood in the Desert!! crab cakes, scallops and great wine friendly staff with a great sense of service and HUMOR!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable ambienceInFromTucsonVIPDined on 7/29/2014Have dined here for a many years and have never been disappointed. For a change I had the prime flat iron steak cooked perfectly with simple but great accompanyments. Scallops here are excellent but three's never enough. The greens served with steak were succulent and I want that recipe. Limited great wines.Trust me you can easily find Good hang out to recharge while forcing down mussels and littlenecks during happy hour at quite a bargain. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Fest EveningtutdoyDined on 7/25/2014The Host seated us immediately, Server was friendly, we ordered four Lobster Fest dinners. All four dinners were excellently prepared. Overall an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- PerfectionBirthdayDinnerDined on 7/23/2014My husband wanted to go to Bluefin for his birthday dinner. We hadn't been there in ages, and were very happy this was the choice for dinner. Our entrees were amazing (seared scallops with polenta and chard and bouillabaisse). The crab cake appetizer came with a scrumptious sauce. My husband was offered a free dessert and he chose the crème brulee - great choice. We won't wait so long to go back!Special Features:
- Good place to celebrate a birthday.likeeatingoutDined on 7/23/2014Three in our party enjoyed fish & chips, linguine shrimp scampi, and grilled Atlantic salmon. I tried the grilled sea bass and thought it was too spicy. My preference for fish is the more natural taste. The complimentary dessert for my sister's birthday was excellent and very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disapointment!sasabetomDined on 7/21/2014We celebrated my 60th BD here with a brunch party, it was great! We also celebrated my husband's 60th with a BD party here> We love the upstairs dining venue. We had dinner this week and had as usual great food and service! I tried a "Yellow Snapper", never had it before but it was marvelous. Everyone else had the Mahi-Mahi prepared with Ginger! For Dessert we had the most fabulous Espresso Martinis', yum!Special Features:
- worldtravelingeaterDined on 7/19/2014Great service and food. The Bar is a good spot to hang, and the dining room upstairs is well presentedSpecial Features:
- LobstaIrishmanDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed great dinner and wine. We loved the special Maine Lobster special through September 2014 for only $22.14 (whole lobster) + for $2 more they will completely deshell it for you. Very nice -- I give it an overall 5 and will definitely go back even if it is a long drive from our home. I highly suggest you check it out....Best in Tucson.Special Features:
- lobsterloverDined on 7/17/2014The lobster fest is wonderful! Wait staff should, however, be sure proper service accompanies serving a whole lobster. Tables near us received moist washcloths after dinner; we did not. Also, the current trend of serving food piled on top of other food does not always work. Cole slaw and rice are not the best mixture; they should not be served with the slaw on top of the rice. Restaurant remains at top of our dining list, despite these easily-correctable flaws.Special Features:
- Expectations Not MetDTSTVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our second time at BlueFin. We specifically went for the lobster special. The server was abrupt and non-attentive. Food took at least 30 min. to arrive. Lobster was served without lemons and 1 was undercooked. Server never appeared until after food was consumed. Suffice to say we will not be returning to this restaurant and are canceling our reservations in August for our daughters birthday celebration. Inconsistency is a reflection of a lack of attention to detail. The best restaurants focus on accountability and attention to detail in all areas. This restaurant seriously lacking in all areas.Special Features:
- No Lobster TonighttutdoyDined on 7/11/2014We have dined at Bluefin a few times for the Lobsterfest. Friday night we drove in from Phoenix with a 8:30 reservation seated immediately and found out from our server that the restaurant had sold out the lobster that night and told us the three other parties were told the same. We were certainly disappointed since we drove straight in from Phoenix. We ordered the mahi tuna, lobster roll and fish and chips, overall the dishes were good, cold slaw was a little bland. I guess the next time we are in Tucson and make reservations at Bluefin we should check the Lobsterfest is available.Special Features:
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Vibrant but not so noisy you can't enjoy conversation. Smoked ruby trout appetizer is very good. Split a salad with bib, houmouli, beets, lentils, walnuts..very tasty. Entrees good, nothing that knocks your socks off. Service pleasant, a bit slow but timing pretty good between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ampop29Dined on 7/9/2014I would not normally seek out a seafood restaurant in land-locked Tucson, but was very impressed with the quality of the food, the knowledgable waiter and the excellent wine list. Our waiter recommended a couple of fabulous Spanish wines which suited the ceviche and th salmon salad beautifully. One of the nicest non-Mexican food meals I've had in Tucson. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- foodMixedDined on 7/9/2014Lobster was good. Snapper was a special and it was not good. It was rubbery and I had to use knife to cut it. Fish and potatoes had too much oil. Waitress said fish was white and flakey and it was not. It was not worth $27.
- OutstandingCookiecrumbsDined on 6/29/2014Four of us met for dinner to celebrate my sister's retirement. We asked for a quiet table where we could talk, relax, and enjoy. Blue Fin totally delivered. The food was excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluefin DiningDesertDinerDined on 6/26/2014Both food and service were outstanding and low music and the low conversation noise levels made conversing with my wife without losing our privacy an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid mealNickDined on 6/25/2014Was recommended to me by friends when they found out I was visiting Tucson for work. Had their $20 lobster special, which ended up being $24 because they took the lobster apart for me and substituted a side dish for something a little healthier. Note that for $24, you don't get a whole lot of lobster (think a larger shrimp cocktail and a half's worth of meat) but it was prepared well. Sides and salad were fine but not memorable. Service was excellent and friendly. Clientele skewed 55+ on a summer weeknight.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2014Last year we gave up on Blue Fin. The service that night was so bad. It was a 45 minute wait between courses and a half hour before anyone noticed we were there. This time it was different and very much better. We will be back.Special Features:
- food and service was wounderful.foodie2Dined on 6/19/2014We were celebrating a birthday and the food and service were excellent. We especially appreciated the vegetables, which were done to perfection. thank you for helping make our celebration an occasion to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyredrockDined on 6/19/2014Love the restaurant for many reasons, but find the pricing somewhat strange. Shrimp and oysters are individually priced (over $2 a piece!) yet other seafood items are very reasonable. I had the scallops and my date had the bulliabase (sp?). Both dishes were rich and delicious without the additional aioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Service is OK.AppleheadVIPDined on 6/19/2014We always enjoy the food but have never walked away saying the service was great. The people who work here don't have the personality to be waiting tables. If you ask for a substitution, for example, the response is usually that they don't have enough of whatever it is that you want to substitute. Personality minus for all of the servers. I don't know who hires them, but we wouldn't have hired any of them that have ever waited on us. Bored, blasé', disinterested, indifferent, not necessarily crisply dressed...you get the point. Having said that, we'll go back because we enjoy the food and know what to expect from the servers.Special Features:
- lifetimefoodieDined on 6/17/2014The wait staff was very well trained and pleasant. Food was outstanding. Lovely surprises of the evening were one-half off bottle of wine and a free desert for my "birthday brother". I highly recommend Bluefin Seafood Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood in the desert.TrojanBOBDined on 6/15/2014We had a very good lobster dinner for $20.14 each. The lobster was excellent. We will be back soon. Service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable!VandraVIPDined on 6/12/2014I tend to visit Bluefin's sister restaurant, Kingfisher, more often, but every time I step into Bluefin, it's a delight. Delicious food combined with impeccable, warm service makes this a fun, dependable place to impress friends and dates. We'll be returning more frequently - we promise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smartblVIPDined on 6/6/2014We don't understand why we did not receive points for this reservation. Also, the restaurant did not acknowledge that it was an anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- birthday dinneryankeeDined on 6/5/2014This is a favorite spot to eat for my wife....it was he birthday and her choice....it was wonderful.Special Features:
- timingboiler433Dined on 5/31/2014Food, atmosphere were great. Service was disappointing with long periods of waiting between courses. Would not go back, expensive meals deserve good service and you will not find it here.Special Features: