135 South Main
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluefinmemphis.com/
- Phone: 9015281010
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Friday: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
Friday: 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Craig Dorff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Cain 9015281010
- Entertainment: Bluefin is a great place to dine before enjoying any downtown Memphis attractions. If you're going downtown to view a show at the Orpheum Theater, Fed-Ex Forum, or Beale Street or maybe just wanting to visit a few places then make sure you stop in at Bluefin. Professional Athletes, Musicians, and many other celebraties visit the restaurant often.
- Special Events: Bluefin hosts many special events for their guests. Birthday and Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, Office Parties, and Business Dinners are a few selections that can be scheduled by speaking with a manager.
A word from Bluefin
On any given night, you’ll likely find a celebration or two underway at this spacious downtown sushi lounge. Much of the restaurant’s seating is designed for large groups, and there’s even a unique private room where guests sit on floor pillows. Low blue lighting gives the place a soothing vibe. The menu offers treats for sushi aficionados, such as the Majik Mushroom roll (Kobe beef with warm truffle butter and mushroom salt) or the more traditional Hama-Kimchee (yellowtail topped with spicy kimchi). But picky kids (and the sushi-phobic) can find plenty to eat on the entrée menu, which features flatbreads, Steaks, and multiple seafood options. Bluefin also offers several brands of saké (both hot and cold) and a bar that serves food an hour after the restaurant side has closed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bluefin reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)special occasion (14)hot spot (13)romantic (13)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good Food but SlowNikiDined on 10/5/2014It took us two hours to eat dinner here. Two of us ordered the noodle bowl and it took 15 minutes for her to come back and say they were out. Also it took 20 minutes from the time I asked for the check to receive it. Getting drinks was ridiculously slow too. The food was good not amazing but good, but not sure that it was worth all the waiting.Special Features:
- awesome restaurant!jenb1266Dined on 10/1/2014this place is great had a wonderful meal everything was delicious!! we had a great anniversary dinner Memphis rita was great as well highly recommend!! will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Bluefin is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We loved our dinner at Bluefin. The sushi is excellent and the staff is very prompt, courteous and helpful. I would highly recommend Bluefin to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some updating & cleaningmjacobsDined on 9/28/2014It smelled like moth balls and mildew. There was dust and spider webs about our booth. Gnats flew around our table and we were inside. They were "out" of the hummus even thought they just opened for the day. The sushi was warm. The table lacquer had come off and the wooden table was splintering. The booth seats were marked up and sticky. I get the grungy atmosphere they might have been going for but it just felt dirty and old.Special Features:
- Downtown GEMHammer8266Dined on 9/27/2014Bluefin offers Asian Fusion and Sushi on a higher plane. The extensive sushi menu exceeds the regular menu and serves every palate. They have a daily fresh fish special paired with crab stuffed ravioli, which makes for an interesting dish. The food is very good, however a little pricy, but on par with other fine dining choices in downtown Memphis.Special Features:
- Bluefin experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Very well designed, however food was very disappointing. Crab cakes tasted like fried cornmeal. Very small servings even for steak meal. Food was on the table, without flatware, also no salt, no pepper. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Fresh Catchfoodie2VIPDined on 9/25/2014Sushi and Sake at it's best!! The fish was really fresh our server was very knowledgeable and the atmosphere was energetic. I will definitely go back and recommend them to anyone that I know is traveling to Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Chose Bluefin b/c it's close to Orpheum and would take online reservation for 6. Told server we had tickets for show and needed to be out in 75 minutes. We were 1 of only 2 tables with patrons at 5:30 on a Tues. After taking our drink orders, server disappeared for 15 minutes. We complained and service was better when he finally returned, although first round of cocktails were very weak. Second round was better. Shrimp and grits were unique with good sauce but grits were cold. Flat bread pizzas were tasty but crust was burned. Surf and turf roll and Japanista roll were okay but much smaller than I expected for the price and not as spicy as I would have liked. Beef tenderloin was perfectly cooked to order.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newfound Japanistajesstalady24Dined on 9/12/2014My fiance and I have been frequenting the restaurant for years now, but recently tried the Japanista roll and are hooked (pun intended). Something about the smokiness of the seared tuna and spiciness of the sauce is an incredible combination. As always their edamame was out of bounds. The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was the removal of the dumplings. I've always gotten dumplings with my sushi, but still very satisfied.Special Features:
- Bluefin - second visitSarahLDined on 9/11/2014Much better wait staff this time. Wine and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluefin - MemphisSarahLDined on 9/4/2014Great food! Staff was not really familiar with menu and not too friendly. If you can ignore that, the chef delivered!Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsBobzx2Dined on 8/15/2014We had an 8pm reservation and we're seated promptly. The food was excellent and the service good. The power went out in the area so we didn't get to have the complete Bluefin experience. We will return many times in the future .... I'm sure of thatSpecial Features:
- DavePVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great place to stop into with friends, a date, business. The sushi was outstanding made fresh and from the time of ordering it took no time at all to get our food. Our waiter Cam was spot on with his saki recommendations, the over all experience was outstanding!Special Features:
- I'm sure it's usually better......Tchr4gvhghtsmdlDined on 7/30/2014The ushu rolls were delicious. Our food came out in a timely manner and the staff was nice. Although, the air was broken and they were running out of dishes. We were sweating all night! Then, they literally asked us if they could have our empty glasses because they were out of glasses for other customers. All the while, we were ready for another round. We had to wait forever for another round of wine during drink special hours. My friend's flat bread pizza was burnt, too. I truly believe that it is usually better, but it was hard to look past all of the issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We are fans of the sushi. The service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I decided to stop here for dinner one night. We sat outside on the patio and what a BIG mistake. They only had one server for the ENTIRE patio which was full. Took us 30 minutes to even get noticed, and over an hour and a half to receive our food!Special Features:
- So loud!pjw330VIPDined on 6/28/2014We frequent the Blue Fin but were disappointed with our visit this time. They were extremely busy since it was theater night and a Saturday! That paired to make the noise level such that it was difficult to have a conversation with my husband. who was right next to me. It truly was a madhouse. Our waiter was not very attentive and obviously stressed. When he brought coffee we had to ask for sweetner, then cream, then a spoon....all separate trips! Really!!! As for the food, although my pork roulade was tasty, the meat was dry and hard to cut. My husband was disappointed in the scallops this time. They usually are his favorites. It will be a while before we go back again. Next time we will try a week night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for pre-theater diningrt1213Dined on 6/27/2014If going to the Orpheum, this is a perfect choice for dining before the theater. Our server asked and accommodated us so we would leave on time. We had a huge platter of sushi that we enjoyed sharing. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 604 reviews are from the Bluefin reviews archive.
- Drinks & SushigrlsniteoutDined on 6/8/2014I've been enjoying Bluefin now for a few years. It is a favorite spot for me and my girlfriends when we catch a show at the Orpheum. We usually stop in for drinks and dinner because I just love the ambiance and its location is very convenient. The drinks are yummy and the creme brulee is a personal favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!ILoveSushiDined on 6/7/2014I've been to a lot of Sushi places and this one is definitely in my top favorites! The food was excellent! The servers were on point and the portions were perfect :)Special Features:
- So so sushi restaurantFlopupDined on 5/31/2014My 20 yr old daughter and I LOVE sushi, anything with an Asian flair. We dined outside, which was perfect and enjoyed the atmosphere very much. However, everything else was mediocre. So, some nights are better than others. I had a glass of their wine special ( on the bill it was listed as another wine at $2.00 more) We ordered a sushi roll for an appetizer; received it, had to ask for utensils/chopsticks And wait for them. My daughter's entre was missing its signature, drizzled sauce, my curry coconut noodles were a little dry and tasteless, but the veggies in it were very fresh! Our waiter must have been very busy inside, we never got a refill of water and it was quite warm ( the only drink my daughter ordered). Hit or miss, I guess.Special Features:
- Great SushiJPMSDined on 5/26/2014Sushi was great. The other meal was good, but very small portion compared to the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMRochDined on 5/23/2014What better can you say about a restaraunt? Bluefin is always good. Whether it's sushi or one of their delicious specials I have never been disappointed with my experience there. Atmosphere, service, and good are spot on. I especially love dining outside during pretty weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy.MurrbethDined on 5/23/2014Fantastic sushi. Great entres. Good atmosphere. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and serviceWineNDineDined on 5/1/2014After our recent visit, I was very pleased with the way the young man served us. All of our food was wonderful but the most notable thing about the restaurant was how awesome the atmosphere was. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Sushi in MemphisDaveseeVIPDined on 4/26/2014The sushi was very very good, but the delivery of it was extremely slow.
- Great FoodSteaklover11Dined on 4/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and this restaurant was one on our list to try. Everything was excellent from the appetizers to the drink selections. We sat up front just across from the sushi bar and my only complaint, which I did inform the manager about, was seeing one of the waitresses was eating from the asparagus bowl that the chefs used to prepare sushi dishes. It was very disconcerting to see her standing there putting her hands in the bowel and eating several spears. Thank goodness, I had already had my sushi roll prior to seeing her do this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusykarenDined on 4/26/2014It was busy because Prom and the Grizzlies playoff game. Sushi was warm, food was not as good as it usually is.
- Still good slow serviceGriffDined on 4/26/2014The food was good but waitress good have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluefinLynda1851Dined on 4/25/2014First time there on Friday night - absolutely wonderful. Food was perfect, as was everything else in the restaurant. I loved it!!!Special Features:
- Love Blue Fin!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The atmosphere is great, love being down on Main Street. And the sushi with the Kobe beef is sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nighthkcnnnghDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful experience! The server was great and knew we were celebrating a special occasion and was very helpful and tentative. She was great and made our night very special! Love this place, such great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNoelDined on 3/28/2014We had a blast at Bluefin! The server was awesome and the food was so tasty! First time trying grilled oysters and they were absolutely delicious!!! We had date night there with another couple and it was perfect! Darker lighting, waterfall and great noise level!! The sushi was the best and the drinks came cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious! WeCarolDined on 3/28/2014The food was delicious! We had sushi as well as meals from the menu. Everything was fresh and yummy! Our server anticipated our needs and was very amiable. We enjoyed our experience and wil return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2014Especially considering it is in Memphis where southern food rules. This place offers a nice variety of fresh salads, sushi, nigiri, amazing sushi rolls and also more standard dishes such as grilled salmon, chicken, flatbreads and so on. Perfect for any taste and a welcome departure from heavy southern cuisine offered in most restaurants in Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendJoanDined on 3/15/2014The only restaurant with an open reservation on a Saturday night at 7:15 pm should have been a heads up. My party was seated promptly, but after 20 minutes we had to ask for a waitress. We did not even have water. The food(surf n turf, fish special and vege noodle dish were fair). The sashimi special appetizer was the best item of the meal. The ravioli served with the fish special was too doughy. The kitchen was slow. We will not return, there are many better restaurants in downtown to choose from.
- We had a large group and theyfarmfamDined on 2/28/2014We had a large group and they handle us very well. Food was great! The menu was able to accommodate the non-sushi fans in the group as well. Will definitely eat here again on the next visit to Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehhh....okay, but no Morimoto.FoodiemomDined on 2/15/2014The atmosphere and location were awesome, but staff was less than desirable; not very educated about cocktails or menu choices, a little scattered. Food was just so-so. Next time, and yes, we would go back, would order from menu to be fair. Chose prix-fixe menu for efficiency, and were somewhat disappointed. Cocktails generous and poured well, but pricey. Wine list, especially house wines, could use some work. Overall, decent, but mediocre. Not bad for quick dinner and drinks pre- or apres- theater but not first choice. Maybe we just did not order well. Definitely want to return to see if regular menu better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentine's day dinnertandamorganDined on 2/15/2014Good ambiance, service was a little slow but the food was really good! The Menage-a-Trois wine is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selections,great ambienceMrsDYDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I ate here for Valentine's Day. The MPD roll was great, but the Bluefin roll was surprisingly bland. We also enjoyed the spicy tuna and riverside rolls. It was very busy but our server was still attentive and gave us an accurate recommendation for a wine we enjoyed. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.