135 South Main
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluefinmemphis.com/
- Phone: 9015281010
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Friday: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
Friday: 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Craig Dorff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Cain 9015281010
- Entertainment: Bluefin is a great place to dine before enjoying any downtown Memphis attractions. If you're going downtown to view a show at the Orpheum Theater, Fed-Ex Forum, or Beale Street or maybe just wanting to visit a few places then make sure you stop in at Bluefin. Professional Athletes, Musicians, and many other celebraties visit the restaurant often.
- Special Events: Bluefin hosts many special events for their guests. Birthday and Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, Office Parties, and Business Dinners are a few selections that can be scheduled by speaking with a manager.
A word from Bluefin
On any given night, you’ll likely find a celebration or two underway at this spacious downtown sushi lounge. Much of the restaurant’s seating is designed for large groups, and there’s even a unique private room where guests sit on floor pillows. Low blue lighting gives the place a soothing vibe. The menu offers treats for sushi aficionados, such as the Majik Mushroom roll (Kobe beef with warm truffle butter and mushroom salt) or the more traditional Hama-Kimchee (yellowtail topped with spicy kimchi). But picky kids (and the sushi-phobic) can find plenty to eat on the entrée menu, which features flatbreads, Steaks, and multiple seafood options. Bluefin also offers several brands of saké (both hot and cold) and a bar that serves food an hour after the restaurant side has closed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bluefin - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bluefin reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (13)special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (12)hot spot (12)scenic view (11)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Mixed FeelingsBobzx2Dined on 8/15/2014We had an 8pm reservation and we're seated promptly. The food was excellent and the service good. The power went out in the area so we didn't get to have the complete Bluefin experience. We will return many times in the future .... I'm sure of thatSpecial Features:
- DavePVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great place to stop into with friends, a date, business. The sushi was outstanding made fresh and from the time of ordering it took no time at all to get our food. Our waiter Cam was spot on with his saki recommendations, the over all experience was outstanding!Special Features:
- I'm sure it's usually better......Tchr4gvhghtsmdlDined on 7/30/2014The ushu rolls were delicious. Our food came out in a timely manner and the staff was nice. Although, the air was broken and they were running out of dishes. We were sweating all night! Then, they literally asked us if they could have our empty glasses because they were out of glasses for other customers. All the while, we were ready for another round. We had to wait forever for another round of wine during drink special hours. My friend's flat bread pizza was burnt, too. I truly believe that it is usually better, but it was hard to look past all of the issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We are fans of the sushi. The service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I decided to stop here for dinner one night. We sat outside on the patio and what a BIG mistake. They only had one server for the ENTIRE patio which was full. Took us 30 minutes to even get noticed, and over an hour and a half to receive our food!Special Features:
- So loud!pjw330VIPDined on 6/28/2014We frequent the Blue Fin but were disappointed with our visit this time. They were extremely busy since it was theater night and a Saturday! That paired to make the noise level such that it was difficult to have a conversation with my husband. who was right next to me. It truly was a madhouse. Our waiter was not very attentive and obviously stressed. When he brought coffee we had to ask for sweetner, then cream, then a spoon....all separate trips! Really!!! As for the food, although my pork roulade was tasty, the meat was dry and hard to cut. My husband was disappointed in the scallops this time. They usually are his favorites. It will be a while before we go back again. Next time we will try a week night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for pre-theater diningrt1213Dined on 6/27/2014If going to the Orpheum, this is a perfect choice for dining before the theater. Our server asked and accommodated us so we would leave on time. We had a huge platter of sushi that we enjoyed sharing. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks & SushigrlsniteoutDined on 6/8/2014I've been enjoying Bluefin now for a few years. It is a favorite spot for me and my girlfriends when we catch a show at the Orpheum. We usually stop in for drinks and dinner because I just love the ambiance and its location is very convenient. The drinks are yummy and the creme brulee is a personal favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!ILoveSushiDined on 6/7/2014I've been to a lot of Sushi places and this one is definitely in my top favorites! The food was excellent! The servers were on point and the portions were perfect :)Special Features:
- So so sushi restaurantFlopupDined on 5/31/2014My 20 yr old daughter and I LOVE sushi, anything with an Asian flair. We dined outside, which was perfect and enjoyed the atmosphere very much. However, everything else was mediocre. So, some nights are better than others. I had a glass of their wine special ( on the bill it was listed as another wine at $2.00 more) We ordered a sushi roll for an appetizer; received it, had to ask for utensils/chopsticks And wait for them. My daughter's entre was missing its signature, drizzled sauce, my curry coconut noodles were a little dry and tasteless, but the veggies in it were very fresh! Our waiter must have been very busy inside, we never got a refill of water and it was quite warm ( the only drink my daughter ordered). Hit or miss, I guess.Special Features:
- Great SushiJPMSDined on 5/26/2014Sushi was great. The other meal was good, but very small portion compared to the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMRochDined on 5/23/2014What better can you say about a restaraunt? Bluefin is always good. Whether it's sushi or one of their delicious specials I have never been disappointed with my experience there. Atmosphere, service, and good are spot on. I especially love dining outside during pretty weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy.MurrbethDined on 5/23/2014Fantastic sushi. Great entres. Good atmosphere. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 597 reviews are from the Bluefin reviews archive.
- Great atmosphere and serviceWineNDineDined on 5/1/2014After our recent visit, I was very pleased with the way the young man served us. All of our food was wonderful but the most notable thing about the restaurant was how awesome the atmosphere was. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Sushi in MemphisDaveseeVIPDined on 4/26/2014The sushi was very very good, but the delivery of it was extremely slow.
- Great FoodSteaklover11Dined on 4/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and this restaurant was one on our list to try. Everything was excellent from the appetizers to the drink selections. We sat up front just across from the sushi bar and my only complaint, which I did inform the manager about, was seeing one of the waitresses was eating from the asparagus bowl that the chefs used to prepare sushi dishes. It was very disconcerting to see her standing there putting her hands in the bowel and eating several spears. Thank goodness, I had already had my sushi roll prior to seeing her do this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusykarenDined on 4/26/2014It was busy because Prom and the Grizzlies playoff game. Sushi was warm, food was not as good as it usually is.
- Still good slow serviceGriffDined on 4/26/2014The food was good but waitress good have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluefinLynda1851Dined on 4/25/2014First time there on Friday night - absolutely wonderful. Food was perfect, as was everything else in the restaurant. I loved it!!!Special Features:
- Love Blue Fin!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The atmosphere is great, love being down on Main Street. And the sushi with the Kobe beef is sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nighthkcnnnghDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful experience! The server was great and knew we were celebrating a special occasion and was very helpful and tentative. She was great and made our night very special! Love this place, such great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNoelDined on 3/28/2014We had a blast at Bluefin! The server was awesome and the food was so tasty! First time trying grilled oysters and they were absolutely delicious!!! We had date night there with another couple and it was perfect! Darker lighting, waterfall and great noise level!! The sushi was the best and the drinks came cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious! WeCarolDined on 3/28/2014The food was delicious! We had sushi as well as meals from the menu. Everything was fresh and yummy! Our server anticipated our needs and was very amiable. We enjoyed our experience and wil return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2014Especially considering it is in Memphis where southern food rules. This place offers a nice variety of fresh salads, sushi, nigiri, amazing sushi rolls and also more standard dishes such as grilled salmon, chicken, flatbreads and so on. Perfect for any taste and a welcome departure from heavy southern cuisine offered in most restaurants in Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendJoanDined on 3/15/2014The only restaurant with an open reservation on a Saturday night at 7:15 pm should have been a heads up. My party was seated promptly, but after 20 minutes we had to ask for a waitress. We did not even have water. The food(surf n turf, fish special and vege noodle dish were fair). The sashimi special appetizer was the best item of the meal. The ravioli served with the fish special was too doughy. The kitchen was slow. We will not return, there are many better restaurants in downtown to choose from.
- We had a large group and theyfarmfamDined on 2/28/2014We had a large group and they handle us very well. Food was great! The menu was able to accommodate the non-sushi fans in the group as well. Will definitely eat here again on the next visit to Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehhh....okay, but no Morimoto.FoodiemomDined on 2/15/2014The atmosphere and location were awesome, but staff was less than desirable; not very educated about cocktails or menu choices, a little scattered. Food was just so-so. Next time, and yes, we would go back, would order from menu to be fair. Chose prix-fixe menu for efficiency, and were somewhat disappointed. Cocktails generous and poured well, but pricey. Wine list, especially house wines, could use some work. Overall, decent, but mediocre. Not bad for quick dinner and drinks pre- or apres- theater but not first choice. Maybe we just did not order well. Definitely want to return to see if regular menu better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentine's day dinnertandamorganDined on 2/15/2014Good ambiance, service was a little slow but the food was really good! The Menage-a-Trois wine is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selections,great ambienceMrsDYDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I ate here for Valentine's Day. The MPD roll was great, but the Bluefin roll was surprisingly bland. We also enjoyed the spicy tuna and riverside rolls. It was very busy but our server was still attentive and gave us an accurate recommendation for a wine we enjoyed. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a hard time gettingYummyeatsDined on 2/14/2014We had a hard time getting to the restaurant due to transportation problems on Valentine's Day but the owners were very understanding. Great, fast service and quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion Control for the PricetasadsDined on 2/12/2014I really enjoyed my house salad, the vinaigrette was great and the Bluefin roll with blue crab was delicious. I know I'm small town minded but for the price of the roll, I would have enjoyed a few more pieces. Overall, I had a delicious dinner before a great show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before WickeddjkriegerVIPDined on 2/11/2014Overall Bluefin has quality in everything it does. We awesome sushi and had excellent Soup. The issue is Service. Have too few Servers on a busy Theater night..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!HillaryDined on 2/8/2014I LOVE Bluefin! Definitely a Memphis hot spot. We always come here before going to the Orpheum. The drinks are amazing and the sushi is to die for!! We tried the crab cakes for the first time and all I can say is WOW!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a reservation and itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014We had a reservation and it still took 30 minutes to get seated. Our waiter was very nice and knowledgable. The food was great. Too bad everything else was a mess!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacedebbienwillDined on 2/5/2014The waitress was excellent, and the food was amazing. I ordered the shrimp and grits and they we're awesome. I had the bread pudding for dessert. My companion had the chicken alfredo pizza and said it was the best they ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome bluefinSweetTDined on 2/1/2014This place has the best sushi. The bluefin and smoked salmon was excellent .The atmosphere , so sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got unwelcome addition to my dishCosmoDinerDined on 2/1/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Was looking forward to crab cakes, but ours came with a 6" long hair. Waitress was kind and apologetic but still charged us full price for it. Be prepared to wait a sizable amount of time for your sushi order, but when it came it was very good.Special Features:
- Dinner and a showManofsteelDined on 1/31/2014Because of traffic we were 15 minutes late for our reservation and we had tickets to a show at the Orpheum later that evening. Told our server we were a bit rushed and he said it would be no problem and he lived up to his word. We had sushi and sashimi for starters. The roll was excellent, the sashimi was good. For entrees we had the surf and turf and the pan seared scallops. Both were very good with the nod to the pan seared scallops as the best. The filet could have used a bit more seasoning, but was still very good. Several of the dinners around us had the flat bread pizzas and they looked great. Going to try the pizza We sat in the main dining room, but they have rooms on both sides of the main room that are great for groups.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed it!CaresseHDined on 1/4/2014I enjoyed the food. Specifically the sushi rolls. All were excellent. Our waiter was friendly and entertaining. The lounge/sofa seating was a fun change of scenery compared to other sushi restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amanda and Dan makes the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013Amanda and Dan makes the best margaritas in MemphisSpecial Features: