1 Orms St
Providence, RI 02904Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marriottprovidence.com/html/fine-dining-providence-restaurants.asp
- Phone: 4012725852
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am a la carte/ breakfast buffet, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am a la carte/ breakfast buffet 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Franco Paterno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: -semi private media table / room, seats 8 -Washington room seats up to 44; minimum guest count guarantee required. -prefixe menu available -custom menu options also available
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Hen 4012725852
A word from Bluefin Grille
Seafood & more at the casually elegant Bluefin Grille. Serving regionally inspired cuisine, using locally sourced ingredients; along side the Bluefin Lounge, offering 'cool' cocktails & a scrumptious light fare menu in a graciously familial environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bluefin Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- No potatocandyDined on 10/28/2013Loved the salmon and veggies, but I could have used a starch...plate looked bare with fish covering the vegetables. And only a few of those too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not impressed at all.KarenDined on 10/5/2013I was not impressed at all. Food was mediocre. Service was mediocre. Price was too high. Waiter added a 20% tip to the bill on his own. Wish we had gone someplace elsse. Wouldn't go back.
- Thank you so much for he glutenZeldaVIPDined on 9/28/2013Thank you so much for he gluten free superior meal before my half marathon. We will be back!Special Features:
- Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2013Met expectations with food. Server was nice. The area was very drafty. Food was cooked properly. Decor was lacking.Special Features:
- Domenic the bartender wasMassDined on 8/17/2013Domenic the bartender was awesome, his drinks where amazing, food was good, staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluefin delightJackVIPDined on 7/5/2013Good food and service. Second time there and both with similar results. Will return.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodDoctorJCVIPDined on 7/3/2013We didn't know what to expect in a Marriott, but the Bluefin Grill exceeded all expectations. Ny wife's fire grilled salmon almandine and my pan-seared halibut were both properly done and delicious. The value for the money was very good;Special Features:
- Great evening! I had the halibutRickVIPDined on 6/22/2013Great evening! I had the halibut special which was fresh and nicely prepared. My date had the seafood combo which was loaded with lobster. Service was very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...Service couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/13/2013Great food...Service could have been better. Very slow. Worth the slow service though.Special Features:
- The service was exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The service was exceptional. We felt we were treated as first class citizens. This is a no brainer place to go. You want attention and be well catered then give Bluefin Grille a chance to serve you.Special Features:
- We were staying at the hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We were staying at the hotel during the blizzard on Feb 8th. I thought it would be nice to get a great dinner. Although I got exactly what I ordered, one of my friends did not. He ordered a filet and got a strip steak. We had to wait almost an hour for dinner and he didnt want to send it back for fear of waiting another hour! Our waitress was young and very caught up in what was going on with the storm. She took almost 15 mins just to get me a diet coke. It was not very busy in the restaurant so I feel that we could have gotten better service for the price we were paying.
- The value of the meal wasAmadeus301VIPDined on 1/26/2013The value of the meal was excellent as it was a participant of restaurant week per fix. The service was very slow and it seemed they were not prepared for the number of people at restaurant.
- We ate early so it was probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013We ate early so it was probably noisier than usual. Patriots playoff game; holiday night; lots of kids. Would go again, maybe not a holiday but unavoidable this time. Service is excellent and staff very pleasant and we were seated in a nice location.Special Features:
- was just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012ambiance was nice and our waiter was really polite. food was just okSpecial Features:
- After we had a good meal hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2012After we had a good meal here about a year ago, this time we were less excited. One appetizer was very good (the littlenecks), one was pretty good (calamari), the lobster bisque was just okay, had too much sherry and too much cream. Three of us had the Haddock, which was good (also on littlenecks); one had a NY strip steak with barely noticeable porcini dusting, not very exciting taste, and a blue-cheese creamed spinach that had a few leaves of spinach and gobs of cream and strong blue cheese. The desserts were unmemorable. Some interesting wines by the glass (e.g., Brancott NZ Sauvignon blanc). There is some potential, but it seems that the cooking has adapated to a modestly discriminating clientele.
- We had a wonderful meal thekathyDined on 10/27/2012We had a wonderful meal the scallops and the halibut were excellent. Our server John,was very attentive. We would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- The Bluefin Grille is fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/12/2012The Bluefin Grille is fantastic. Best clam chowder I had while in New England. My entree was flavorful and filling. The servers are great here. And we even got to meet Al, the resident Mariott Ambassador. What a great person. Bluefin is great for dinner or for a late night snack. Would definitely eat here again.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2012Our waiter was polite, attentive and accommodating. Top notch service.Special Features:
- It was our Anniversary andLbHunterDined on 8/14/2012It was our Anniversary and we were staying at the Marriott and really wanted to stay in and have a nice meal. Bluefin Grille went ABOVE and BEYOND to make our evening special. Our waiter Nick was pleasant, attentive and just amazing. The food (we both had the NY Strip) was delicious. Dessert for 2 was extra special with "Happy Anniversary" written on our plate in chocolate! We enjoyed it so much we went back the next evening instead of going out. Same wonderful experience. (This time we had the tuna). Our waiter the 2nd night was Matt and he was just as fantastic. He found out that we celebrated our Anniversary the night before and dessert was on the house!!!! Will go back if we are in the area again. Excellent.Special Features:
- This was my first, and last,ugabooVIPDined on 7/17/2012This was my first, and last, visit to the Bluefin Grill. We went because it was restaurant week and always wanted to try the place. We had lobster bisque and calamari for apps and the bisque was good but lacking lobster meat. The calamari was good. For dinner i had the salmon, it was good, just good. She had the haddock and it was ok but had a lot of bones. Service was awful, i suspect because it was a Tuesday night, they only had 2 waiters on and the dining room was packed. My water and drink were empty and i could not get another one., no one came by to see how everything was.Special Features:
- The good was very good. However,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/5/2012The good was very good. However, the service was slow and disorganized. After a long wait, our entrees were delivered before the salad. We sent the entrees back and said we would like the salads first. After another long wait, the salads and entrees were delivered at the same time. We gave up on trying to get the order right and accepted them. Then I asked for some additional bread and marinara sauce. After another long wait, I had to call a waiter over to our table. He said that these had already been taken from the kitchen. We concluded that they were delivered to the wrong table. After another long wait, we finally got these items. A restaurant in a Mariott hotel should be able to provide better service than this.
- Ever been to a seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/25/2012Ever been to a seafood restaurant with a clamchowder signature dish that isn't available because restaurant was out of clams? In R.I by the way - we now have. Bus boys were good,and that is it!!!
- Nothing really special aboutThanksgivingDined on 4/21/2012Nothing really special about this place. Appetizer was delicious but that's about it.
- Absolutely amazing food. Starters,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2012Absolutely amazing food. Starters, entrees, dessert, everything was excellent!
- We visited on a weekend whereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012We visited on a weekend where Georgetown Hoyas were there and playing PC, and hundreds of young hockey players were running through unsupervised-perhaps not the usual ambience for the hotel/restaurant, causing the waiter to be grumpy and the kitchen overrun.Next time I will try to check on what is happening at the hotel.
- it is a bland restaurant.MikeDined on 2/17/2012it is a bland restaurant. service was good. we had fish and it was dried out and tasteless but it looked good.Special Features:
- The reaason I am not recommendingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The reaason I am not recommending it has to do with the prices - a bit steep - for what was provided, especially since it took forever to receive the entries. The tables were also rather close together.Special Features: