86 St Paul Street
Burlington, VT 05401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bluebirdvermont.com/
- Phone: 802-540-1786x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30-4:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matt Corrente
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bluebird Parties! is our catering division that handles small to large events. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: The Bluebird Tavern open kitchen and chef's table brings culinary excitement to the center stage. A tasteful flat-screen television is available at the bar making it a great place to catch a game or for solo diners. The Bluebird Tavern house music is a hand selection of "hot club" jazz of 1920s Paris.
- Cross Street: Bank St, Burlington, VT
- Public Transit: Located in the heart of downtown Burlington Bluebird Tavern can be accessed by CCTA bus services.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The St Paul St Parking garage is directly attached to Bluebird Tavern. Two City of Burlington Municipal lots are within a three block walking distance. Street parking is also available.
A word from Bluebird Tavern
At Bluebird Tavern our inventive New England Style cuisine is centered on farm fresh Vermont ingredients in a casual but elegant setting. Founded in 2009, Bluebird Tavern has been recognized by Bon Appetit Magazine, Food & Wine Magazine, and by the James Beard Foundation. Located in the heart of downtown Burlington, one block off of the Church St Marketplace, Bluebird Tavern offers a large bar area, open kitchen, chef's table, and an intimate dining room. Our cuisine is centered New England classics with a French and Italian influence. Fresh seafood straight from the docks in Boston, hand made pastas, and traditional tavern offerings such as our double burger are anchors of the Bluebird Tavern menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bluebird Tavern - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Bluebird Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (9)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Even Brunch is Better at BluebirdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I absolutely love Bluebird Tavern for dinner, and when my aunt and uncle were in town for a Sunday brunch (!), my thoughts leaped to Bluebird. The service is always lovely, the dishes unique twists on classics (belgian waffle with candied bacon and topped with poached egg/hollandaise? Yes please!), the cocktails stellar and the decor tasteful. I would go back in a heartbeat for brunch, lunch, dinner, happy hour, whatever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food!NEUM6Dined on 8/13/2014Scheduled a business dinner with clients here and it was a perfect pick. The food was fresh and the open kitchen I love. The menu has some great unique plates, fresh pasta, fab oysters...nothing to disappont here. If you like innovative and delishious dishes paired with great wine, this is the place to go in Burlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatPedroJDined on 8/8/2014Tasty but portions were quite small and not very satisfying for the price. Menu descriptions didn't really describe the meals.Special Features:
- Felt Like VacationrachthequeenDined on 7/30/2014We were treated so well it felt like we were on vacation. Great wine recommendations by our server and the bar and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can always count on BluebirdthortsmagortsDined on 7/23/2014Came for my birthday dinner, great drinks, nice wine selection, the food was wonderful. Bluebird is always consistent and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Both our visits have been most enjoyable. Appetizers and main courses all were excellent. The only exception was the dessert we shared, maple custard, which was just average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect bday brunch in BurlingtonEmilyandSeanVIPDined on 7/13/2014We came a few years ago for dinner but this time we were camping + hiking so I wanted a nice Sunday brunch for my hubby's bday to end the weekend. Bluebird was perfect. The hostess and our waiter were both AWESOME and even let us tie up our little pup and brought him water and gave us our choice of seats out on the deck. The bloody mary (second one on the menu, can't remember the name) literally has reignited my love for Bloody's (I had almost lost faith after two HORRIBLE ones) and hub got the citrus gimlet and we both thought it was delicious. The cider donut holes are to die for - they were the reason I picked this since they are my husband's fave and these were the best we've had. I had the special crab eggs benny and loved it!Special Features:
- A nice place to dine....NewJerseyMikesDined on 7/9/2014We chose Bluebird Tavern for the positive reviews and were pleasantly surprised. While it wasn't busy when we arrived for cocktails, the place filled up as the night went on. We had a reservation, but were having a really good time at the bar. The staff was helpful and knew everything about their menu. Cocktails were good. The bartender (Ian) was knowledgeable of the bourbon/rye (we had Manhattans) and had recommendations for our drinks. We decided have the Steak Tartare as an appetizer. The flavor was amazing and we'd recommend this to anybody. For dinner we had Pork Shoulder Bucatini (excellent) and the lobster tail (average). We had a great dining experience and would recommend the Bluebird Tavern and would come here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluebird Still Building NestRIvisitorLovingBurlingtonDined on 7/5/2014Loved the feeling/ambiance of the place, clean, simple but warm feeling. Good for conversations. Limited menu, not clear what comes with and what must be ordered separate. Menu does change periodically, as we were told. Food was delicious! Kudos to chef. Pork and Boscatini tender and fragrant. Portions were perfect no leftovers. Not sure they have found their identity yet. Would like to revisit in a few months time to see how they have progressed.Special Features:
- Loved Tuesday BurgerspattiDined on 6/24/2014Tuesday burger special brought us there. Will be back for other meals.Special Features:
- Nice brunch spot, a bit pricyVoyager9270Dined on 6/22/2014We went to Bluebird for brunch and sat outside on a lovely day. The menu for brunch had 7-8 different options for mains, covering traditional breakfast foods (eggs benedict, hash and eggs, waffle, etc.) along with lunch foods (cobb salad, burger). Our only complaint was the price, which seemed a bit high for brunch (mains were between $12 and $16). If you check in on Facebook (or tell the waiter that you did), you will get free chocolate chip mini muffins as an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014I was looking for a fun, filling meal to cap off the week and Bluebird didn't disappoint. There are a few adventurous offerings on the menu - I had never tried octopus before - and was still able to hit my steak and potatoes. My braised flatiron was so tender that I didn't use my knife once. More than the food, my waitress was awesome. She indulged all of my questions and, when I showed interest in talking about the menu, gave more than just small talk. I'm only visiting Burlington, but I'll definitely head back here if I'm back in town.Special Features:
- pelebusterDined on 6/14/2014Both service and food was fabulous. Very special and unique dishes, e.g., the brussel sprouts were the best I've ever had. The fish choices are unusual and out of this world.Special Features:
- citymarketeerDined on 6/4/2014I come here whenever I can...the food is fantastic, great service, a well oiled machine. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as we hopedMeganDined on 5/31/2014We are locals in Burlington and the Bluebird Tavern in the old days was one of the best in town. It's Farm to Plate menu was cutting edge. (that is about 3 years ago in Burlington's rapid history of foodie evolution) Now there are better options in Burlington. We find the menu to be too expensive and the food to be good but not great. We had problems with the service. My husband ordered Fish, with no place to put all the bones. No bone plate offered. The servers just laughed at the mess and did not clean it after the plates were cleared. He also needed salt. He thought of it, waited too long and then got a shaker that had sea salt which did not come out of the shaker. The servers laughed it off again.
- Dinner before the showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We popped in expecting nothing and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was outstanding and very reasonable for the quality of the food. Wine and beer menu tight but very soecial. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Everything was fine with the exception of the high prices. Everything was 20% too high for the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to dineJanineDined on 5/24/2014Very good food, good variety on the menu, great atmosphere, and excellent service. It's one of our go-to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Bird is Good BirdMikiorDined on 5/23/2014Wow - what a nice dining experience this was! We had a group of four and every aspect of our dining experience was just great. Our server was the best, and the food was really outstanding. I had the Cod, my wife had the Lobster, and we all had raw oysters on the half-shell, which were almost as good as Maine or the New Hampshire sea coast. This is a gem of a restaurant, and I highly recommend that you give it a try.............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantNina12Dined on 5/22/2014This was our first time at Bluebird Tavern and it was great. The appetizers we had were yummy and our entree's were outstanding. The only bad thing about this place if I thought it was a bit expensive for the amount of food and quality you get, with that said. I would definitely go back for a special occasion. If you are looking to treat yourself Bluebird Tavern is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great appetizers and entres802BobDined on 5/18/2014All of the appetizers were a nice mix of flavors - the asparagus salad was exceptional. The flat iron steak was so tender, it really melted in your mouth. Also The Bluebird Tavern has a very nice beer selection. We have been here several times and have always had a great meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodJulesofWilmingtonDined on 5/13/2014Every dish was fabulous, ESPECIALLY the amuse bouche.Special Features:
- Tavern TuesdaysmaddogvtDined on 5/13/2014Tavern Tuesdays are great for the family or for a date night. We had burgers and mussels - both were on special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made to Feel SpecialBetboDined on 5/11/2014The staff is attentive and will see to your every need. They go above and beyond to ensure that every customer is a satisfied customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lpeteVIPDined on 5/4/2014Went for brunch during restaurant week. Although the starter said "choose 1," a runner delivered the wrong dish. Then my server came by to say it was on the house & I would get both. I appreciate the additional value, but the runners & servers should let customers know. The eggs benedict was OK, not outstanding.
- Poor service. Eclectic foodLennykravDined on 5/2/2014Came here during my daughters graduation weekend. Didnt seem that busy but service was awful. Had get up a few times myself to go to the bar for drinks. Also, they ran out of bread they said which is why we didnt get bread, butnthen brought us a different bread toward end if dinner. Food was pretty good, but hard to find standard fare.Special Features:
- The following 75 reviews are from the Bluebird Tavern reviews archive.
- Great food! Great cocktails!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014My husband and I had an excellent experience at the BlueBird Tavern. It is one of our favorite Burlington restaurants and never disappoints! The Hemingway is a delightful cocktail not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluebird of happinessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed the Bluebird Tavern very much. Small menu but some unique tasty preparations. Bar area and ambiance cozy casual. Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates, big prices.RachelDined on 4/4/2014The wait at farmhouse was too long, so we decided to try bluebird for the first time. Silly us for not looking at a menu ahead of time, but it was definitely pricier than we'd hoped. The food was awesome, but the portions were really small, especially for the price. Excellent, really friendly & attentive service!Special Features:
- loved our waitress with theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014loved our waitress with the short hair who called us "Friends" and helped us select the low carb option on the menu. Sorry don't know her name but she was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice first experiencePatsfan56Dined on 3/29/2014We dined at Bluebird for the first time the other evening, and had a very positive and tasty experience. We had a perfect table location, and our waitress was very sweet and accommodating, and quite efficient. Her wine recommendation was excellent. The overall restaurant staff was friendly and did well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Every dine I dine at the tavern I talk about it for days. Great food, wonderful attention from the staff and chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprisedbulldog66Dined on 3/28/2014When I looked in over a year ago during the day I was underwhelmed by the ambiance and menu. I recently checked out their menu on line and decided to give them a try. Wow! . Had a fantastic meal with great service and good wine. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic new menuwillydDined on 3/26/2014The new menu is extremely impressive. My table kept remarking how intriguing the dishes looked, and when we ordered, everyone was delighted by their food. Highlights were the rabbit, artichoke, steak, and clams. We also really liked the french fries and the cheese plate. The desserts also deserve special mention. Simultaneously creative and delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find!JettDined on 3/23/2014I saw an add for Bluebird brunch and after having their delicious BBQ had to give it a try. It was definitely worth it! The food was fantastic. I had the candied-bacon waffle and couldn't have been happier; it was the perfect combo of flavors! It was quiet and great for a nice brunch time conversation. The brunch cocktail that my roommate got was really tasty too.Special Features:
- Well worth it!PashaDined on 3/21/2014After I made my reservation, I read some rather mixed reviews. Actually, they all seemed to be 5 or 1. Not sure what the difference was in the kitchen that would cause such variation. However, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The food was good (I had the lemon sole stuffed with oyster stuffing and my husband had a house special of pulled pork and dry-aged beef). The sides were very good (I love parsnips!). The chef sent a free small tuna and fennel on fingerling potato starter, with a loaf of bread that was salty and very tasty without any butter on it! We had great beer from Hilltop Farm in Greensboro, and they carry Heady Topper for IPA fans! Our bill was under $100 before the tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and staffBikechickDined on 3/15/2014Our dinner started roughly with tough, spiny leaves in the artichoke risotto appetizer. However, our waitress was appropriately apologetic and readily offered to remove it from our bill or replace with a different appetizer. The replacement squid was fantastic. The chef also sent out tasting bites of a special appetizer for us. The manager later came to our table and was very gracious. We felt Bluebird Tavern had recovered quite well from the initial misstep already. All main courses were fantastic, especially the char! To top it off, we weren't charged for any appetizers. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining with Friendsbeach51Dined on 3/7/2014The main courses were excellent. The chicken cooked under a brick was excellent, moist and flavorful and the bed of heirloom beans and winter greens was savory. Scallops were seared perfectly and everyone enjoyed their various entrees and the lagniappe from the chef was special....the chef also came out to say hello and since he knew a member of our party treated us to a sampling of the yummy desserts...We loved it and will definitely go back. We had stayed away for a bit because the previous chef had gobs of butter and fat in everything and we just didn't enjoy the overall approach but we are glad to rediscover the bluebird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant ever.nathalynynyDined on 3/2/2014I am moving away and have decided that I MUST return to Bluebird every time I visit Burlington. This place is incredible - I've had brunch (twice), lunch (once), and dinner (5-6 times, old & new locations) and I've honestly never been disappointed with any part of my experience. This is my first review ever (Yelp, Google+, OpenTable) and I'm overjoyed to be helping others find this wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The scene was pretty quietEPODEVIPDined on 3/1/2014The scene was pretty quiet when we went but the service was attentive and the food was good. They served a delightful amuse-bouche to start which was appreciated.Special Features: