1700 7th Avenue #100
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://blueacreseafood.com/
- Phone: 2066590737
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pml; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Kevin Davis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blueacre Seafood
Centrally located in downtown Seattle, Blueacre is the quintessential American seafood restaurant drawing upon the vast array of wild seafood available from the United States coastal waters as well as carefully chosen sustainably-farmed freshwater species, oysters, clams and mussels. Blueacre Seafood will feature a full-service oyster bar and in addition to all things aquatic, farm-fresh meat, game, poultry, vegetables and artisanal cheeses. Brushed nickel accents, rich wood panels and warm leather booths reflect Blueacre's American seafood heritage. Classic handmade cocktails are shaken in a comfortable bar, well stocked with American spirits, craft beers on tap and an all-American wine list. Blueacre is Seattle's downtown seafood destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Blueacre Seafood - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Blueacre Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)special occasion (57)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (31)romantic (26)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Late night dining?ArtsguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We recently had a 9:30 reservation on a Saturday night and were very disappointed in the service we received on this visit. Admittedly, we were a bit late for our reservation as the movie went longer than anticipated. When we were seated our waiter immediately told us we had to get our orders into the kitchen in less than 10 minutes, which was not a problem and we understood. The remainder of the evening went downhill. however! The menu special was no longer available and the wait person just sort of dismissed it as we were late diners and that was the way it was. Not very customer friendly! The service felt rushed and our original waiter seemed more focused on setting up for next day than waiting on us! Please don't rush late diners!Special Features:
- Great spot Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Everyone in our group of seven people really enjoyed the food and the service. Tia was excellent. Have the black cod as a srarter. You won't be diappointed!Special Features:
- Always Pleases...MikeVIPDined on 8/21/2014This place is a hidden gem. They have a great happy hour on weekdays and weekends. Get there before 5:30 weekdays to get a decent seat. Food always amazing and they have a great selection with a rotating menu featuring seasonal food. Plus they have a great three-course meal option that is the perfect amount of food. The Tuna Ahi under main course was amazing but watch out for the pure wasabi. Oh, always check the daily specials there are usually a hidden gem there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucy 54Lucy54VIPDined on 8/21/2014Great restaurant. We had a lovely and flavourful lunch looking forward to coming back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Prices for SeafoodPuraJediDined on 8/16/2014I would have liked more crab choices. The watermelon salad was good. The crab salad was good but the dressing was too thick and tasted like a lumpy thousand island. Service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodPapaDined on 8/16/2014We keep going back because Blueacre Seafood never disappoints us. We took guests who had never been there and they will now be regulars. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the seafood being offered while being friendly and attentive. They offered a "Summertime Special" with the choice of three appetizers, three entrees and three deserts. All at a reasonable price of $36. Everything was fresh and beautifully served. We have been there for impromptu fish and chips (excellent) at the bar to hosting a birthday dinner for twenty in their private room and they are always excellent! We live downtown so consider it OUR neighborhood go to restaurant for seafood or even their fried chicken while dining in a really nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- How about 6 stars!tim520Dined on 8/9/2014Fantastic dining experience. Arrived late due to traffic and we were seated immediately. Greeted warmly by all. Delicious fresh fish and subtle flavors in all dishes. The appearance of the plated meal was very appealing. Nice appetizer array with generous portions and flavors. We noted the activity of all of the wait staff and all were focused on making sure customers were taken care of. They create box lunches and I know we will use them. We went to the theater afterwards and they made sure that we were able to get to the theater on time.Special Features:
- nice surpriseTinTupeloDined on 8/8/2014Our hotel concierge recommended this place. It was 1 block from the hotel. The service was great. The food was great. Our server even asked the chef to make a flashed fried oyster appetizer for me that was not even on the menu. And he did. And it was fabulous. We met a couple that was leaving as we were going in that was making a reservation for the next night, so we had a clue that it might be good. And it was!!!Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I've been here twice and love the food. The kasu marinated neah bay black cod is DELICIOUS. The most tender fish I've ever had. It's almost Asian-inspired with bok choy and vegetables. They have a 3 course for $36 deal going on and the dishes are good.Special Features:
- Tourist friendlyDarkTruth1Dined on 8/6/2014Pootly dressed guests. Bad lighting. Noisy. Very touristy. Food was great. Try the smelt appetizer. Dover sole was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Service was a little off today. ......................................................................................Special Features:
- BlueacreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Blue acre is a wonderful restaurant, and I highly recommend it for those that enjoy seafood. Every detail is thoughtfully considered at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COFFEE SHOP DINING with GOOD FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014If you have no idea what type of restaurant this tries to be...look around: you're in a 1960's coffee shop. BUT: Very good wait staff (not so at the front desk) and very good seafood!Special Features:
- Always consistentLADaveVIPDined on 8/4/2014On trips to Seattle, I always try and have a dinner at the bar at Blueacre, great food, super service. I had the Cioppino after the bartender said the chef from New Orleans had added his own twist. It was great and spicy.
- A winner!LeftyDined on 8/3/2014Of the hundreds of fine restaurants in Seattle, we chose Blueacre for dinner with out of town guests. Our first time. We loved it! Perfect location, classy ambience, great service, interesting menu, generous and tasty portions, good value for the money--all adding up to a winning combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticbrewedbehaviorDined on 8/2/2014Independent winner near the touristy part of town. A gem. Winner menu & staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafood friendly waitersAshleySDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter Neil was super attentive and provided good service and gave great recommendations. The seafood is amazing and the wine selection is also very good. Definitely would recommend to others.Special Features:
- MangiamoVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food is generally very good. It was just so-so this night. But it was the service that was lacking. If I could give "0" stars, I would. Our meals came out VERY fast, within 5 minutes of ordering, but one of them was wrong. They said they would rush the correct order and that it would take only a few minutes. Twenty minutes later, it arrived. We come here fairly often, but this is the second time in less than 2 months that the service has been poor. Our loyalty is waning.
- Outstanding BrunchKSinWADined on 7/27/2014We came here for the Sunday brunch before heading over to the Paramount Theatre for a show. The food was excellent, the service was great, and we would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Pricey for Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014A bit high priced for food and ambiance that was just pretty good. Better for groups, not really intimate. O.K. overall, but not high on my list for a return visit.Special Features:
- Nordstrom SaladAmber1309Dined on 7/25/2014I ordered the Nordi salad like I always do and it had changed from a chop salad to a wedge salad. Also the crab was only 4 claw meat pieces. In the past is was loaded with crab and only one claw meat piece. It was July and crab is in season so I longed for the famous Nordi salad and got something totally different. Not happy. Probably won't order that salad again. $18 for 4 pieces of crab and a chunk of lettuce is not very price friendly if you ask me. I guess I will have to go somewhere else for my crab fix.Special Features:
- BlueacreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Always a hit, great place to take customers or the team out for dinner. Food has always been excellent and we look forward to visiting whenever we come to Seattle.Special Features:
- My dinner favorite!tellsusanneDined on 7/22/2014I love coming here, best Black Cod in town and the cocktails are fantastic. We had fun with out waitress, asked her to bring us a cocktail with xyz in it and surprise us. We never had anything better. Very nice staff and knowledgeable bar. The food is absolutely great. A bit on the pricey side but worth it. Will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very GoodSearching4Gr8FoodDined on 7/22/2014I love halibut. The halibut at Blueacre Seafood was moist and flavorful. The serving was large and I couldn't eat it all, but I wanted to. I really, really wanted to. Although I personally did not taste the fish and chips, I can tell you that they were enjoyed as well. The service was outstanding.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/21/2014Good food - service was slow. Fish & chips was a huge amount of food and could have been shared. Black cod was really tasty.
- diner15VIPDined on 7/19/2014the food and service were outstanding! our waithelp offered great oyster selection guidance for my teenage daughter who had never tried raw oysters before. he also managed to attentively ensure that our split orders were conveniently served while training a new waithelp at the same time. we had a wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best oysters and seafoodsMattCVIPDined on 7/18/2014As always. Bruce is teh best host and Chef Kevin and his staff execute beautifullySpecial Features:
- jleitenbDined on 7/18/2014Dined here while at a conference at the Hyatt. Service, menu, wine selection were all outstanding. Dishes were all superbly presented and tasted delicious. Our family really enjoyed the experience and the restaurant did a very nice job accommodating our infant son, they had space to store our stroller and a semi-private enclosed room which allowed for a bit more privacy, which was a very nice touch. All in all - a very good experience.Special Features:
- Good seafoodSteveVIPDined on 7/16/2014Nice downtown seafood restaurant. Good selection and quality of oysters. Fresh salads. We ordered two roasted beet salads to go with oysters and one would have fed three people. Varied wine selections, but mostly bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Given 2 dirty napkins and ignoredRobinVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food here is good and service is usually good too; however, today I found service to be lacking. The napkin that I was given on my table had a big thumb print size imprint from wet food or chocolate on it. I had to flag down someone who brought me a new one from a neighboring table. That napkin turned out to be wet with soda or coffee on it (not mine) after I unrolled it. Thus I ended up using the napkin from the bread bowl that my bread was placed on. My diet coke and water glasses were allowed to remain unfilled for 10 minutes with no one noticing. My food came out, but my waiter never ever bothered to check if it came out correctly or if I was enjoying my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When the waitstaff warns you off...rohaontheroadDined on 7/12/2014Seafood restaurants don't usually smell awesome to begin with, but the odor here was unpleasant and musty. When I expressed vacillation between a fish entree and a chicken dish, the waitress immediately said "Go with the chicken"....which doesn't speak well for the food--ever. All 3 of our entrees sounded much better on the menu (and looked much better on the plate) than they tasted. My chicken was actually overdone, and all 3 of us declared the food "okay" at best. I paid an upcharge for a potato dish that sounded like loaded mashed potatoes on the menu, and turned out to be a big, greasy, flavorless hash brown patty with a side of sour cream and a scattering of green onions and bacon bits. The desserts were great. Not going back.
- Great food!TimDCDined on 7/12/2014We found this restaurant on the LocalEats app and was not disappointed! We had reservations and were seated right away. The waitress, while busy, was friendly and attentive. The Dungeness Crab & Bay Shrimp Tator Tots appetizer was fantastic. I had the lobster, while my family had a couple of Angry Whole Crabs, cauliflower and clam chowder. All were delicious. During the meal I glanced around the room from time to time and other guests were laughing and enjoying themselves and joking around with their waiters. An all around good end to a packed sightseeing day in Seattle. We highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- good food good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014First time here and the food was fabulous. We were well taken care of!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great salmon!whitneyDined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed our visit to Blueacre! We weren't celebrating anything; we were just in Seattle on vacation. My wife and I both enjoyed the salmon dish with almonds. The service was very good as well; informative and not hovering. Some people might not like the ambience; I have seen other reviews that compared it to a diner. We enjoyed the entire experience, however, and plan to go back when we are in Seattle. I recommend this restaurant if you want some great seafood!
- very delicious foodsusanalocaDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant had great food and was moderately priced for what it was.Special Features:
- Always great!TazzieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Blueacre continues to deliver quality food at reasonable prices. A great downtown option for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Oyster shooters good...AndyeatsDined on 6/24/2014A little spicy, a lot of vodka... Tuna was delish... Oysters fresh and tasty. Service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!!JB55VIPDined on 6/24/2014I had a large group for a work dinner/meeting. There was a broad food/beverage selection to satisfy any palate. I will be back!!Special Features:
- dining experience feed backjetterDined on 6/21/2014The food was not tasty at all. the prices were ridiculously expensive compared to.the quality of food. There was no ambiance at all in the restaurant.
- Overall great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Our first trip to Seattle. Recommended by a friend who used to live there. Soft shell crab special and oysters were amazing. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Wish we could have gone back for there beer and oyster happy hour specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.