Blue Water Seafood and Crab
860 Willow St
San Jose, CA 95125Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Water Seafood and Crab
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluewaterseafoodandcrab.com/
- Phone: 4082898879x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: F-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Sa 4:00pm-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for small and large parties. Call for details.
- Entertainment: 8 Big Screen TVs, Animatronic Shark
- Special Events: Great place to watch Sharks games. Just minutes from the Sharks home ice.
A word from Blue Water Seafood and Crab
Blue Water Seafood & Crab is an East Coast style crab house serving Crab, Fresh Oysters, and other Seafood Specialties. If you have friends or family that don't like seafood, then there are some menu items for those Land Lovers as well. We have appetizers like Crab Cake Bites, Seared Ahi Tuna, Steamed Mussels, and Roasted Oysters that are just the right size for a snack. We also serve a variety of soups and salads. Try our Manhattan Chowder, Lobster Bisque, Kickin' Crab Soup, or Louie Salads. Kids even have their own special items from which to choose. We will now no longer accept groupons with online reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Water Seafood and Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
- I wanted Blue Water to be betterNetminder1VIPDined on 11/15/2013I've been meaning to try out Blue Water and finally I got there last Friday night. I was so disappointed. The menu seemed perfect. Unfortunately Dungeness season doesn't start until next week, so we ordered Blue Crabs and Crab Cakes. The Blues were supposed to be steamed. Unfortunately, they weren't steamed. They were FROZEN! The manager was befuddled. He said they are delivered fresh and never frozen and thought the kitchen screwed up. Doesn't matter. The Crab Cakes weren't bad, but I've had a lot better. I might give them another try when Crab season is running next week, but if their price is $32, I'll grab some at the grocery store for $8/lb and make them at home.
- Great new find!!Yummy123Dined on 8/16/2013Tried this place out for my anniversary and was pleasantly surprised! Great prices and delicious food!!! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Definitely ReturnJrjettVIPDined on 8/8/2013Great little sports bar type place off the beaten path in Willow Glen. Serves a variety of seafood. We had crab stuffed sole and it was excellent! They also serve 6+ varieties of soup and offer a "sampler" of each that gave us just enough of a taste to be able to rate our choices. I love that concept. Other restaurants should take note. We will definitely return to order other entree selections and a BOWL of our first choice soup: Red Pepper Crab!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, so-so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2013My husband and I went to Blue Water with friends from New England that are always in search of good restaurants for lobster and crab. The restaurant is well-appointed with Cape Cod-like decor, with an enormous animatronic shark hanging from the ceiling. The atmosphere is light and informal, with sports events playing on flat screens throughout the bar and restaurant. The food was a mixed bag for us. My husband and our friend ordered the lobster, which was a disappointment. They do not have a lobster tank, so the lobster is not live. Perhaps this is why. The baked potatoes were not hot. The high points were the soups and desserts, in particular the New England clam chowder, corn chowder, lobster bisque and hot brownie with caramel.Special Features:
- Blue Water Seafood & CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/1/2013We had a great time there - will go back! I had the deep fried soft-shelled crab and it was excellent. Clams and Linguine was also very good. All sea food is flown in daily and picked up at SJC - very fresh. Also waitress and staff was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed finding someplaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2013I really enjoyed finding someplace that had Maryland style seafood. I had been craving soft-shelled crab and found it here. Maryland crab cakes also on menu. There were very few diners, so it was quiet. It's nothing fancy, but hits the mark for Maryland style seafood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Md crabs in San JoseTracyDined on 7/20/2013I can't believe it took this long to find this place. We are originally from Maryland. After living in CA for 13 years we really miss crabs. We have paid over $300 to have them overnighted to our house. Now we have Blue Water to eat! It was cheap considering what we were eating. They can go for $60-$$80 a dozen at home. Very tasty considering they traveled a long way! My husband loved the ale too....beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't goWendyVIPDined on 7/16/2013"Shark mild" spice tasted like dust, could barely find the clams under the tons of spice added, all seafood, corn and potatoes very overcooked and the Maryland crabs are shipped frozen - so don't bother. The fried pickles were good though. The martini was barely a shot glass full. Sorry we tried it.
- Neighborhood Gem!ForkintheRoadDined on 7/13/2013My family of 10 enjoyed a great Saturday evening dinner at Blue Water Seafood and Crab. The food was very good & the service could not have been better. We were a party with a 5 year old and a 95 year old and all enjoyed their experience. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013I heard about this place from a co worker and then saw it on open table so we gave it a shot. The cab was great and the menu was very well rounded. Tempura asparagus was an oddity but delicious. Our server Samantha was on point as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual seafood dininggkosDined on 6/22/2013this is a nice 'no frills' place to get some pretty good seafood. red checkered table cloths, buckets of steamed shell fish, as well as broiled and fried traditional plates as well. good food, good prices, cheap beer and a nice relaxed atmosphere. only a few minutes from downtown willow glen. i was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe they were having a bad day?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013Lots of parking, great looking, lots of potential. But then the food came. We had the coconut shrimp appetizer. The shrimp were great, but the breading was slightly overcooked to our preference. Overall, not bad. The beer was cold, the wine was big. Our hopes were still high. The meal arrived. I had fish & chips, my wife had mahi tacos (I think), and our kid had mini corn dogs. I substituted tempura asparagus for my chips. The fish was good, but the batter was flavorless and (you guessed it) overcooked. Our kid's corn dogs? Overcooked. About half of each asparagus stalk was pulpy and inedible. My wife's tortillas were tough & chewy. The fries were fine. We'll go back again, but if the food still disappoints, we'll cross it off our list.Special Features:
- Good crab - skip the restOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013Crab was great. Fish was over done and covered in a sauce that overpowered the flavor. Salads were little more than bag greens with a few vegetables - a minimal effort on the part of the kitchen with so-so dressing. Oysters (roasted) were OK, but over powered by way too much garlic.
- Very expensive menu for aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Very expensive menu for a strip mall restaurant. Calamari appetizer was over cooked and the cioppino was too heavy on the tomato sauce and came with a huge bowl of pasta. Needed more seafood and no pasta.
- Expensive for the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013We went here based on reviews from another site and expected the food and service to match the price tag. We were disappointed in both. We ordered Tempura and Soup to have before dinner. Later we get our dinner including the tempura and no soup. Then we are eating the crab, and the most expensive, rock crab, was reheated. My fiance could tell because it was so dry. And the cheapest, the dungeness crab, was very good and lots of meat. The blue crab was tasty but pretty small. And the final check was very expensive for what we received. I won't be recommending Blue Water to any of my friends.
- Good food, friendly serviceRevSuzDined on 5/4/2013The food at Blue Water is really good. Crab cakes are done well, lots of flavor with a little bite. The salmon is excellent, especially the cedar plank. Steamed shrimp are quite tasty in the garlic sauce; salads are excellent - and the portions are very generous. We had a few glitches in the service, with a couple of orders having to be sent back because they were incorrect - however, one of the partners comped our dessert, which I thought was a very nice gesture. I would definitely recommend Blue Water and we will be going back again. The servers are young, and we could tell they were in training; however, even when an error was made, they were very attentive and apologetic. Give them a chance, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seafood is great. ServicebertrandDined on 4/13/2013The seafood is great. Service is very friendly, but somewhat ineffective. ExpensiveSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013Excellent food and wonderful service. A real find in Willow GlenSpecial Features:
- Must try!!!PhilDined on 4/5/2013The 3 lb. bucket was cooked perfect. We also tried the soups. They were excellent. We definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 3/22/2013Good neighborhood seafood gem. Friendly service. Food was good. Parking good.Special Features:
- Food was mediocre. Didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Food was mediocre. Didn't taste fresh. Had the bucket.
- They are trying. It is a veryKelceyryderVIPDined on 3/1/2013They are trying. It is a very casual neighborhood restaurant. If I lived nearby I would go back. But we were just not impressed and will probably not go back.
- The oysters were outstandingBrooklynExpatriatDined on 2/23/2013The oysters were outstanding and we appreciated the special attention of the management.Special Features:
- Great local hangout!!NotEasilyPleasedVIPDined on 2/17/2013The Blue Water defines neighborhood gem for me. Great place to enjoy some fresh seafood or a burger with some friends. The place is very friendly, clean, and new. Sports on a handfull of TVs. Plenty of beer and wine. I stopped for burger after going for a Sunday bike ride. Burger was juicy and garlic fries were just right. Definetly a great place to drop in for food and fun.Special Features:
- very nice and pleasant place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013very nice and pleasant place. likes the shark on the roof. great food and very fresh.. price was resonable.