Blue Stove - Nordstrom Santa Monica Place
220 Broadway St.
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Santa Monica Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://about.nordstrom.com/MapPoint/MapResults.aspx?bizid=353
- Phone: (310) 752-4110
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Blue Stove - Nordstrom Santa Monica Place
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Santa Monica Place is a stylish yet casual restaurant featuring our interpretation of contemporary flavors focusing on bold tastes and textures. The menu allows our customer the chance to experience our offerings through a variety of small plates that are bold in concept and internationally inspired. We invite our customers to select combinations of menu items with the goal of sharing each dish, making a dining experience unlike any other. The exhibition kitchen provides a stage for our chefs to prepare the menu in a colorful, energetic environment. The wine bar romances wine while providing an alternative dining experience. Blue Stove is a full service restaurant that prides itself on service that is both professional and relaxed while demonstrating knowledge and passion for our food and wine. Our cuisine is inspired by local ingredients at the peak of seasonal freshness. The menu is complimented by a well chosen selection of interesting wines, many availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Santa Monica Place - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Santa Monica Place reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice quiet find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Tapas style dishes, enjoyed the risotto with scallops and cherry flavored beef. The special vegetable was billed as "roast asparagus with cinnamon butternut squash" but was really "sweet cinnamon butternut squash with a few slivers of asparagus" - did not enjoy that too much. The dessert and the french pressed decaf were delicious. The best thing about this small restaurant is the intimacy and the quiet atmosphere - we met up with friends and had two hours to catch up on our lives. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions, but done rightGreenQueenDined on 11/14/2014When you first look at the menu, you notice that the prices are very, very reasonable, but when you get the dishes, you realize the portions are more appetizer sized. The dishes were delicious, especially the flat iron steak. You just have to know the portions are smaller than usual. Great restaurant, otherwise. I love that you don't have to scream to have a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trés bien!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Black berry beef is marvelous! Though overall the taste is too heavy...Special Features:
- The following 122 reviews are from the Blue Stove - Nordstrom Santa Monica Place reviews archive.
- great find for DineLAfoodloverDined on 7/22/2014Came here to celebrate my husband's bday and try the DineLA menu. The tomato and burrata salad was outstanding as was the ahi tartare. The dark cherry short ribs were extremely tender in a very tasty sauce. The crabcakes had loads of crab and were excellent. Other revierers said portions were small. We felt, they were very adequate. For dessert, we shared a peanut butter bar with ice cream and it was perfect after our meal. The wine tastes included on the special menu were a special touch. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice little gem...TDavis9060Dined on 7/20/2014You just wouldn't expect to find a nice little gem right smack in the middle of your shopping experience. The "little plates" were all wonderful especially the heirloom tomato salad with burrata cheese. Our waiter was excellent and attentive without being obnoxious and the ambiance was mellow and laid back.Special Features:
- Always A JoyAxelGDined on 7/20/2014We've been here a few times now, and we always enjoy ourselves. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, eager to make sure the dining experience is an excellent one. The food is just wonderful - the crab cakes are the best, and the ricotta gnocchi with sweet corn puree is just wonderful. It's also great that they are generous with wine tastings - if they have a bottle open somewhere, you can get a taste. The atmosphere is a little dark but actually kind of pleasantly so; it's comfortable and warm. Really, just a wonderful place.Special Features:
- Unexpected GemhappyeaterDined on 7/18/2014I did not expect such amazing food from a Nordstrom's cafe. The resturant is very basic and small. There is no view, only wine but the food makes up for everything. I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly goodDeericiousDined on 7/16/2014This is a review on the experience during DineLA. My friend and I was expecting this to be more like the other Nordstrom Cafes (Blue Stove is on the third floor of Nordstrom), but the menu went beyond sandwiches and salads. The food we ordered was excellent, and the dark cherry-glazed beef in particular stood out.Special Features:
- Good enough to reviewsfdinerDined on 7/15/2014I rarely review any restaurants that we visit. We had such an amazing experience at Blue Stove, though, that I wanted to share with others. We are from SF where it's easy to find great food on every street corner and service is spot on because your server isn't likely to be on the phone trying to line up their next casting call. We've been disappointed by most of the fine-dining establishments while here in LA, the same as when I went to school here in the late 90s. Decided to give Blue Stove a try because another OpenTable vacationing diner was kind enough to share their great experiences. We weren't disappointed - food was amazing, service was focused on the diners and there were generous wine pours! Don't miss out on this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at blue stoveCohibagirl916Dined on 7/13/2014We had a really lovely experience at Blue Stove. We ordered the black Cod - it was delicious!!! The jumbo crab cake cake was really good yet it was very tiny. Overall, the food was very good!!! Will come back again soon.Special Features:
- Love it!!ChrisVIPDined on 6/18/2014Tapas style with great choices. One of our favorites!!
- Great Food, Great FindFoodNutDined on 6/9/2014This place truly is a great find although its location is a bit odd. Who would think of a restaurant inside of a department store being so good?!... But the food is awesome, the wine list is really cool and different, the service is great! I take clients here for lunch, always a surprise to them! Check it out! Really a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and Yummy, Hidden GemSSSMDined on 5/19/2014Very inventive cuisine. Dishes are small so order several per person. But quite delicious. Especially the amazing hummus made with cauliflower!Special Features:
- Took some friends to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Took some friends to dinner here and really enjoyed the food and service. Highly recommend. I tried and lived the meatballs, scallops and risotto, arugula salad with polenta, and a butterscotch pot for dessert. Will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/10/2014Excellent food, small plates perfect to share. Told them we only had one hour off for our lunch break and they got the food out fast so we could enjoy our lunch. Would definitely return. Fig and blue cheese with dried cherries salad a favorite.Special Features:
- Amazing food, boring ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/29/2014Food is SUPERB, but I think this restaurant would be much more popular/successful if it were out on the promenade or somewhere else- not upstairs inside Nordstrom.Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodLuvGreatFoodVIPDined on 3/14/2014Wow, impressed!! Why aren't all Nordstroms outfitted with this concept? My husband and I were staying in Santa Monica for the week and had quite a few recommendations from our concierge (all expensive). Unfortunately for some reason. It was delicious and much much better than any of the high price cuisine we had while there. The heirloom tomatoes and burrata cheese were heavenly and the crab cakes were actually fully stuffed with crab and not a lot of fillers. We were offered samples of wine and had a very attentive waitress. This was a meal I will definitely be back for: Reasonably priced, outstanding food, great ambience and just an all round fun meal! Thank you nordstrom and please adopt this menu to the rest of your stores!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2014Very friendly, great service and food was excellent and prizes were quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you can hear yourself think!Ssrd512Dined on 2/20/2014We not only love love love the food here, but it is an amazingly quiet enough here to actually engage in real dinnertable conversation without having to constantly yell or say "what?"! It isn't the most beautiful decor, but it is comfy and inviting and the tapas are sensational. It is fun to get a variety and share and taste many of the different choices. We've never had a bad dish here.Special Features:
- Small plates make big impactGurlovesfoidDined on 2/17/2014Great small plates allow your group to try a bit of everything or for an individual to custumize their meal. Wonderful! Not a bad thing on the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedtercricDined on 1/29/2014My date and I stopped here on our way to Cirque du Soleil-Totem in Santa Monica. Most all of the entrees are like good sized appetizer sizes and run between $5 and $10, with a few running a bit more. We ordered 4 that we shared and loved all 4. Bbq pork slides (comes with 2) $8.95, Risotto with Scallops $11.95, Chopped Veggie Salad $6.75, and a Spinach and Apple Salad $6.75. The server was exceptionally helpful and friendly and allowed my date to sample several varieties of wine before she decided. all in all, a very pleasant and tasty experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most pleasant surprise. A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/3/2014Wasn't sure what to expect, but based on the Opentable reviews we wanted to try it out. We went for a late lunch and since we weren't famished the tapas plates were perfect. We shared six plates between 3 of us and all of them were exquisite. Wish we could try all of them! We may have had room for 1 or 2 more plates, but I'm not a fan of feeling over stuffed after a great meal! We skipped the wine so we didn't see the wine list, but had coffee which was served in a French press, which we like. I also enjoyed the ambiance as it was not noisy. Overall, I'm very glad we decided to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013We really enjoyed the food! It's tapas style, so we were able to try a lot of their dishes. Prices were reasonable as well. The only thing that was off was the ambience - the décor felt dated and didn't seem to fit with the menu. Not a huge deal since the food and service were great! But it definitely doesn't feel like a "happening" place.
- Great TapasVMMMVIPDined on 11/6/2013Nice quiet restaurant. We had 5 plates and they were all great! Especially the Miso Black Cod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD was not as good as usual.RobertVIPDined on 9/12/2013FOOD was not as good as usual. Quality and execution were not up to par.
- Our Favorite Restaurant (so far)!RutayDined on 8/23/2013Blue Stove has everything! Good food, good service, great ambiance and reasonable prices. Don't let the location fool you. Yes, it is located at the 3rd floor of Nordstrom but once you are in, you are will be captivated by their great service and yummy food. We've been to different restaurants both high-ends and mom-and-pops and nothing has beaten Blue Stove yet. Sooo good!!! Our favorite so far is the Roasted Chicken with Arugula and the Scallop with Risotto. Try Blue Stove, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Tasty WednesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2013I went to Blue Stove on a Wednesday night so the restaurant was pretty quiet. The food good and is portioned more as tapas, so you can order different dishes and share.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot hidden in NordstromYPadVIPDined on 7/21/2013I think it's a great place to go if you are tired during shopping! The light hits the spot just right. Server is great. I ordered seafood ceviche, which is very refreshing, but a bit too sour. Salmon...I wish the portion is bigger. But that's fine, just a lunch.Special Features:
- Tasty and ReasonablekilokangDined on 7/20/2013It's in an odd location on the 3rd floor of Nordstroms... not the greatest considering Santa Monica has some decent restaurants with a little better ambiance. Nice thing is that you usually don't require a reservation. The dark glazed beef is a little salty but excellent flavor. Cilantro chicken tacos are one of my favorite and have a crispy shell they make there. Highly recommend the beets and cheese salad as well as the corn poblano hash. Overall, not as 'eclectic' as some other small plate restaurants i've tried, but right up there with flavor. One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find the gem inside Nordstrom 3 FLOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Modern and great presentation of food. Small portions, but great taste, nice wine list. Great if you are at third street promenade shopping. Relaxing indoor, suitable for people who like quite darker environment when enjoying their food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisePerfectDined on 7/16/2013tucked away at Nordstroms, lovely lovely place, very complex, precise food with great tastes, nice service, full wine bar, interesting, great for a business meeting, etc.Special Features:
- The reviews have been accurate.BoBoVIPDined on 7/6/2013The reviews have been accurate. The food was great and the service was outstanding. nice option to dealing with the 3rd street crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFrankDined on 7/4/2013Most of the tapas we ordered are very good: cherry glazed beef. BBQ beef sliders, lemon chicken, crab cake, etc. Avoid meat ball and risotto though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food chosen fromRobertVIPDined on 6/27/2013Wonderful food chosen from an extensive international menu using finest quality ingredients. Too bad the word isn't out as restaurant was virtually empty at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2013The food was delicious and the service magnificent. Keep up the great work. Cilantro lime chicken tacos and lettuce cups are a must. I'll skip the sweet pea croquettes next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish they had windows!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2013This is a great restaurant, but is tucked away on the 3rd floor of Nordstroms store right next to the children's clothing area. Weird spot. But it is within the beautiful new Santa Monica place mall on the top floor and there is no use of the beautiful location and skyline.Special Features:
- Great Tapas.kilokangDined on 5/27/2013Blue stove provided an excellent selection of meats, veggies, and salad tapas. Highly recommend the beets and cheese dish, the skirt steak, the crispy beef, and chicken tacos. Excellent ingredients with great tasting sauces that compliment instead of overpower. If this place was not on the 3rd floor of Nordstroms it'd be packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little hidden gemFoodNutDined on 5/21/2013When was the last time you ever thought you'd find a great restaurant in of all places a department store? Well trust me you found one if you find blue stove at Nordstrom! Located on the third floor next to the men's department this place has great food great ambience and great service. They've got a great wine list and all types of different food served in a smaller plate style not quite topless but definitely great for sharing. It's hard to believe this place Isn't packed from the moment it opens until the moment it closes. The best thing is they have all sorts of different weekly specials To go along with their awesome menu you've got a really try this place. I found this place on yelp and believe me the reviews are definitely spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dept. store closing rushes mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/14/2013Unfortunately since Nordstrom closes at 9 PM ( I believe) we felt rushed out of there for our 8 PM dinner reservation. They shouldn't take reservations past 7:30 PM. A table should enjoy delicious food for at least an hour and a half. Blue Stove has excellent food! Our waiter was very apologetic, but what can he do, if the department store is being locked up and we have to escorted by security to let us out the bottom level exit when the restaurant and our parking are on the top level.Special Features:
- We had a great Experiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2013We had a great Experiance. Party of four for a business dinner. It was reasonably quiet so we could chat at a normal tone. Our waiter was very attentive and every thing we ordered was delesious. If you like to try a little of everything the soaps format makes it even better. The only thing that way a little awkward is the location. Which is on the third floor inside Norstroms. I would diffinately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.