Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera
1870 Redwood Highway
Corte Madera, CA 94925Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4159271610
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 10:00am to close
Lunch: Su 11:00am to close
Dinner: M-Sa 10:00am to close
Dinner: Su 11:00am to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera
Blue Stove is an internationally inspired small plates restaurant coupled with unique fine wine service. Our menu reflects the marriage of quality ingredients expertly prepared showcasing cuisine profiles from around the world. The wine selection is designed to complement our menu and draws from top wine producing regions. Customers benefit from the sharing of menu items by experiencing a variety of flavors that only a small plate selection can offer. The service is seamless and unnobtrusive so that you may fully enjoy the dining experience of Blue Stove.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera - Best Restaurants in Corte Madera ›
Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (21)scenic view (16)great for brunch (12)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)special occasion (5)romantic (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- I'll be back!!!!LeeLocyDined on 8/24/2014I love this restaurant and have been there about 10 times and have taken a number of friends to share it. I'm just including these tips to make it perfect. The music is a bit jarring rather than eating friendly. It was too close to BJs loud young crowd music. I prefer background music that makes it pleasant to eat. The plates don't come out at the same time when different things are ordered and the patrons aren't sharing. To remedy this, the server should be aware and either put the orders in at different times so they all come out together or there should be a check box on the order to alert the kitchen to have them ready to serve at the same time. I prefer risotto to be drier, less pasty, which means using less water.Special Features:
- never2freshDined on 8/23/2014VERY RELAXING ATMOSPHERE. THE DISHES ARE ONE ATTRACTIVE SERVING AFTER ANOTHER WITH A VARIETY OF WONDERFUL FLAVORS. WE HAD EIGHT FOR TWO PEOPLE. THE WINE WAS GOOD. IT IS QUIET. I AM A FREQUENT VISITOR AND THE LAST TWO TIMES THE SERVICE FELL SHORT. IN THIS INSTANCE, MY FRIEND BROUGHT IT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MANAGER AND HE ADDRESSED IT. WE STILL LEFT A HEFTY TIP BECAUSE WE FOUND OUT THAT THE TIPS ARE SHARED AND EXCEPT FOR OUR WAITER, EVERYONE ELSE WAS GREAT. I HOPE DINERS WILL KEEP THIS IN MIND. WE WILL CONTINUE TO FREQUENT BLUE STOVE AND RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2014Had great hopes for this attractive and convenient place. The menu looks good "on paper." And the food was tasty and enjoyable…but TINY. If the small plates are meant to be shared, you would need to order many more than the 4 we shared between 2 ladies lunching. Hate to leave wanting to go somewhere else for another meal. You'd think $40 for 2 would leave you somewhat satisfied….NOT HERE. Service left a LOT to be desired. 15 minutes before anyone approached our table for even a drink order. Our waitress didn't seem to be paying much attention and didn't know the menu.
- Party of 6 for brunch (11 AM)TheatreGoerDined on 8/12/2014We ordered 11 dishes - all of them great except for the scallops which were slightly tough. Crab cakes, asparagus/mushrooms, cauliflower hummus and calimari were especially memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LmfaulknerDined on 8/10/2014An unlikely spot to be your destination for a meal, however my foodie friend from NYC and I both found it delightful, food was very very good and well presented with a decent wine list too! Don't let the fact that it is inside Nordstrom put you off! I will go back!Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceMarinJenDined on 8/7/2014It was really a shame, the food was quite good but the service was so bad it almost ruin the experience.Special Features:
- Great new place!DeniseRNDined on 8/7/2014Stopped in with a friend after work to unwind, very attractive, relaxing environment with the late afternoon sun creating a warm glow in the room. Great "small plates" menu with a nice variety of choices that are the perfect size for 2 to share. We had the Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco's, Crab Cakes and Korean BBQ Pork Sliders, all were delicious with nice presentation. The wine list was varied and reasonably priced and the service was attentive and friendly. Definitely will return, their location in The Village makes it the perfect end for a shopping afternoon, I'm sure they will be packed at holiday time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and learningLocalsVIPDined on 8/5/2014Blue Stove is a fun place to meet friends for lunch or cocktails. The food was good but salty. The service minimal. They need staff badly to support the demand.Special Features:
- DisappointedLocalVIPDined on 8/5/2014Have been here a number of times, and used to think it was great. Service was non-existence. Had to ask for water, and he never came back to the table once our food arrived. If he had, I would have told him that the fig salad was superior, but the crab cakes were almost all filler, cold, and the gnocchis were like rubber balls. Waiter dropped check off and did not ask if we would like coffee or dessert. I did tell the HOST, as I liked this place and had taken many friends. Host said he would pass information along.
- DaffersDined on 8/2/2014Consistent great quality food and a treat after a day of shopping!!Special Features:
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a hidden gem, great spot to enjoy a nice lunch with friends while shopping at the village.Special Features:
- Good food, SMALL platesmarinfoodieDined on 7/22/2014Very pleasant place for lunch in a light, bright room with a view of Mt. Tam. Two of the three small plates - the burrata and tomato salad and the chicken cups were very good, although they were very small. The frisee salad was a joke - a small handful of frisee and a few nuts on a plate. Certainly not worth the $7 something price tag! Service seemed a little disorganized, but we certainly appreciated the manager bringing a free dish when one order was late and no one came by to take the other. I'll go back, if only because it's a really nice place to meet a friend.Special Features:
- Not all the kinks worked out?JeanVIPDined on 7/22/2014We had 1:00 pm Tuesday reservations and the room was about 20% full, if that, yet there was a kerfuffle as to where to seat us. We were shown to a minuscule table. When we asked for a larger table we were told that were petite women and larger tables were to more ample guests. Our server called us "honey," "sweetie," and other pet names excessively. He delivered bread to an "ample" table by grabbing several hunks of baguette with his bare hand and plopping them on a plate on their table. He never wiped off our table to clear away spilled bits of salad or condensation from our glasses. He just plopped down the bill. On the positive: Nordstrom points for dining, a pleasant view of Mt. Tam, and decent albeit not overly inspired good.Special Features:
- TOO noisyKimberlyDined on 7/22/2014Service was poor, took 30 minutes for waiter to appear after I had asked for one to be sent to our table. Had reservation and restaurant was ½ full when we arrived but took 10 minutes to be seated. Food was tasty....music WAY too loud.Special Features:
- Great menu, great executionMaggieDined on 7/19/2014On my third visit to this small plate venue I dined with 3 foodies for a birthday celebration. We ordered 10+ dishes (2 were desserts) and had no complaints about any of them. Each was different than the others, their treatments, tastes and seasonings unique. The menu easily accommodated a Weight Watcher, a vegan, a dedicated carnivore and a cheese-head. Stand-out dishes were the roasted cauliflower hummus, corn pepper hash, scallop risotto, chicken wings, butterscotch pot de creme and French Press coffee. The tab was quite reasonable (although no one ordered alcohol this time around). The service was prompt and un-intrusive. One lack: no espresso drinks. My friends' contributions to this review: AbFab, Yum and More, please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu but dark for lunchtimeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014really enjoyed everything about this place!! only downside is that it seems very dark in here during the day for a casual nice lunchtime experience. but, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- lack of serviceNativeDined on 7/9/2014Our waiter kept walking by without acknowledgement. Eventually told us he would be right back, another 5 min went by. After food delivered never saw waiter again! Had to flag another waiter to find ours for the check. UNACCEPTABLE
- Lavish little plates.ScooterPhileDined on 6/17/2014Had wanted to try the new Blue Stove, so met a friend for lunch. Nice setting, energetic, but quiet enough to be able to talk without shouting. Really nice menu--seemingly all small plates, for sharing (or not!). Loved the lemon-scented risotto with scallops and green beans. My friend had cab cakes, which she really liked. Want to try the calamari next. Great place to relax and regroup while shopping, something this center's needed.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch with friends.MarinlinDined on 6/13/2014The first time I ate at Blue Stove I was by myself. The plates are small and meant to share, and the waitress recommended I order two -- which was way too much food for one person. But the two dishes I ordered were fabulous, especially the szechuan glazed chicken in lettuce wraps. I took the second dish, seared mushrooms with asparagus, home for dinner. It was delicious as well, even re-heated. I enjoyed it so much that I went back with a friend a few weeks later. We ordered the same two dishes, plus crab cakes. Like me, she became an instant fan of the restaurant. The ambience is surprisingly good for a mall restaurant next to a freeway, and the wait staff is helpful and friendly. Great place for lunch with friends.Special Features:
- shhhhhhLocalVIPDined on 6/12/2014A great find and want to keep it quiet. I am not a shopper, but remodeled Nordstroms in Corte Madera is great. View of Mt Tam. Nice room. Small plates, perfect to split. Been a number of times, and notable dishes: Sweet potato fries, ( plenty for two with great dip) crab cakes, ( 2 with huge hunks of crab) shrimp and grits,( 3 grilled shrimp, ask for hot sauce) chicken tacos,(4 little ones, tasty) corn and poblano chili hash, ( needs a little spice) and the fig blue cheese salad is incredible, and would eat it all by myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful, delectable, deliciousLeeLocyDined on 6/10/2014Our waiter and every waiter I've had in the 5 times I've been there, tomorrow will be number 6, has been really well trained. He remembered what we asked to have and went beyond. He asked if we wanted water at the same time we were paying the bill. Great idea. He's still serving and that's exactly what we wanted. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. We even asked for less salt, and it was done. The size of the plates is perfect. They hold just the right amount of food. We decided that they were catering to women because it was the perfect size for a complete meal for a woman. The price is very reasonable. The creme brulee is over the top; the presentation is a work of art. I take a different friend each time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near PerfectgrampscVIPDined on 6/7/2014The plate size is as would be expected in Venice, perfect portion and delicious, priced well, served well, appeared to be freshly prepared so worth the wait. Only the background music was over the top, lower it and you are just about at 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas, Finally!greatfoodhopesDined on 6/7/2014That Nordstrom's had finally unveiled its new remodeling job was the reason we went; we left thinking primarily of our wonderful lunch at The Blue Stove. A birthday celebration for two of our party (of three), our Saturday lunch couldn't have been more wonderful. We don't get to enjoy a tapas menu very much North of the Bay, so we worried it wouldn't excel our celebratory mood. From the start, with the attention given us by reception and our server, we were comforted, with only the food surpassing, and did it! Be prepared: there is so much to try from the menu, we knew we'd have to come by again, perhaps before attending a Ballet evening in San Francisco. We girlfriends were completely full at the end of our luncheon of Tapas and Proseco.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/4/2014I took my parents there for lunch. They were in from out of town and it was just right for sharing food and conversation. The dishes did arrive a little too quickly though. We wanted to linger over each dish longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates, Big GlassesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/2/2014We enjoyed sharing three small plates accompanied by a glass of wine each. Our waiter opened the bottles at the table and poured generous servings for each of us. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2014We went early so restaurant was not crowded at all, so no excuse for lousy service. We received bread before water. Sat a long time before waiter came to table. Finally arrived without menus and we asked for water. Ordered hummus which had a curdled texture. Skirt steak was rather tough. The Grilled corn hash was quite tasty and the salad was okay. Would not rush back or recommend this place.Special Features:
- Ladies that lunchGinoVIPDined on 5/21/2014This is a great place to have lunch or dinner! I love the heirloom and burrata salad and mini chicken tacos.Special Features:
- Great food!marindinerDined on 5/17/2014Every dish that we ordered was excellent! It's hidden away in Nordstrom, but I'm sure that word-of-mouth will make this a popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Patolsen2VIPDined on 5/6/2014This is a wonderful addition to the restaurants in Marin. The chicken tacos are out of this world! The arugula salad was good, but overdressed, and lacked the crunchy polenta that was supposed to accompany it. We were informed that the kitchen was out of the polenta...but hey, put some croutons on it! Burrata with heirloom tomatoes was excellent, chopped vegetable salad was very good and the lemon scented risotto with scallops was also an excellent dish. Prices are very good. Portion sizes were larger than we had expected and, following the advice of our server, we ordered 7 small plates for 4 slight ladies and had lots of leftovers. I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant!AbbysmomDined on 5/5/2014So happy to have a new spot at the Village to have a little bite, or fill up on a lot of little bites! Everything tasted delicious, especially the crab cakes and the miso cod.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera reviews archive.
- Hit or missMarinFoodLoverVIPDined on 5/2/2014We've had positive experiences with the small plates served here in the past few weeks, but today the food was off and the timid server didn't know how to explain the dishes we asked about. If you decide to check it out, try the asparagus and mushroom dish, the burrata and tomato salad and the chicken breast with arugula and corn. We've found those dishes to be reliably prepared and quite tasty. Just don't expect the service to match the food quality or the prices.
- FoodieRudolphVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great place for a quick bite, especially after shopping. Small plates only, not a dinner place for special occasions. We had the szechuan glazed chicken lettuce cups and Korean bbq short rib sliders with an order of sweet potato fries dipped in aioli sauce. I personally found the chicken and short rib too salty. Only wine & beer selections. We had the creme brulee for dessert, delicious. Overall, I'm glad there's finally a sit-down restaurant in this Nordstrom after remodeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new twist on tapasCubbyVIPDined on 4/24/2014there's some genuine originality going on here at Nordstrom's new eating spot! lots of interesting choices that are easy to share - like i super hate it when you go to a tapas place with 2 or 4 people and the give you a plate with 3 items on it??? Not helping - that DOESN"T HAPPEN HERE! we had a fun waiter who suggested different items that were all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at NordyBobbinumber1VIPDined on 4/23/2014The food is absolutely wonderful, but the music is WAY too loud. We would have enjoyed it much more with less music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartyDined on 4/22/2014My second time there. Food, service very good. This time I made a reservation and asked for a window table. Everything was ready at noon, when I had the reservation. The music was a little loud and not very soothing.Special Features:
- What a wonderful surpriseTeresaDined on 4/17/2014This restaurant is a gem! The food is amazing, service is very attentive and the concept of small plates is perfect for sharing with friends and/or just a light meal for one. I rank the food up there with some of the best in the Bay area - what a pleasant surprise, right in the middle of a department store. Bravo Nordstroms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view of Mt, Tam.florenceDined on 4/9/2014I enjoyed the style of restaurant very much. We loved the cauliflower hummus, the pork sliders and the Szechuan chicken and the butterscotch pot de creme. A very different concept for Nordstrom. The view of Mount. Tam. Is spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates...Bobbinumber1VIPDined on 4/9/2014...are enjoyed while overlooking the Village Shopping Center. Excellent food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place. Good food butlove4foodDined on 4/8/2014Nice place. Good food but a little pricey. Service was good. Might go back but I think I love Nordstrom Bistro and Cafe better than this place.Special Features:
- new place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2014Blue Stove was new, clean, and had good energy. Is is a small plate menu, so hearty eaters beware. The other Nordstrom Restaurants I am told have a larger variety of food to choose from. it's a great place for the gals to go for a light bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.