Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera
1870 Redwood Highway
Corte Madera, CA 94925Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4159271610
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 10:00am to close
Lunch: Su 11:00am to close
Dinner: M-Sa 10:00am to close
Dinner: Su 11:00am to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera
Blue Stove is an internationally inspired small plates restaurant coupled with unique fine wine service. Our menu reflects the marriage of quality ingredients expertly prepared showcasing cuisine profiles from around the world. The wine selection is designed to complement our menu and draws from top wine producing regions. Customers benefit from the sharing of menu items by experiencing a variety of flavors that only a small plate selection can offer. The service is seamless and unnobtrusive so that you may fully enjoy the dining experience of Blue Stove.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera - Best Restaurants in Corte Madera ›
Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (43)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (10)scenic view (9)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Seriously great food!Patolsen2VIPDined on 10/24/2014We have been to the Blue Stove at least 6 times since it opened and the food is just out of this world! The chicken tacos are one of the best things that I have ever eaten in my life! The salads are also always superb...especially the current kale salad and the recent Frisee salad with quince dressing. Our service was really off this time but I suspect that is just a little blip in the screen and will not deter us from returning. In fact, we just said that we need to go more often so we can taste more of the items on the menu...or bring more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treatCeceDined on 10/21/2014We ladies really enjoyed the Blue Stove. Perfect for sharing small plates. The waiter was great.Special Features:
- My "go to" place to lunchMarinlinDined on 10/17/2014Blue stove has become my 'go to" place for lunch with the girls -- great place for a bite when out on a shopping spree. Great food -- small plates to share. Decent ambience. I have introduced several friends to this restaurant and they all loved it. Highly recommended for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish they'd get service rightMarinFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/14/2014The new fall menu has some nice options. The kitchen does a consistent job of sending out well-prepared, flavorful small plates. The new manager spends more time talking to customers than seeing that servers and bussers are on the floor. We had to ask for someone to take our order, ask to order desserts and coffee, ask for the check. Good food. Minimal service.
- Blue Stove a winner.EcalawayDined on 10/13/2014I had a group of eleven for lunch. We were all served , the little plates were a hit. I had the crab cakes and the Korean short ribs in steamed buns and the Brussels sprouts which I shared with my husband. All was wonderful. Others had the chicken tacos and kale salad, sweet potato fries and ricotta meatballs. All eleven of us vowed to return. The decor is very pleasing to the eye, All in all a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably deliciousAliceVIPDined on 10/2/2014Every time I've eaten there, Blue Stove has had wonderfully delicious food and terrific menu choices.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceGrandpaDined on 9/29/2014Our first visit to Blue Stove was very positive. Good selection of small plates - tasty, well-executed, Highlights were the Arugula Salad w/polenta croutons, Korean BBQ buns, Chicken Tacos and Creme Brulee. Our host and waiter were welcoming and very friendly. We shall return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TopsgrampscVIPDined on 9/27/2014Marin lacks really fine dining, lots of costly snooty shi shi spots but here we have really well prepared creative food serve diligently and accompanied by a fine wine list. Go try this and I am sure you will return.Special Features:
- Bring back our favorites, pleaseMarinFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/27/2014A small plates restaurant that had a flavorful variety of dishes. They recently changed the menu - removing some of the veggie dishes we enjoyed the most and changing several of the protein dishes. Our go-to miso glazed cod, mushroom dish and steak with romesco sauce have all been replaced with dishes that we didn't like as well. They did leave the garlic chicken on arugula and corn on the menu. And it is quite tasty. They are making an effort to improve the service and haven't quite hit the mark yet, but it seems that they are trying. For a spot to grab a bite while in this shopping mall, it is the best option we've found.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bye Bye to My Favorite DishBMKfoodieVIPDined on 9/25/2014Tragedy. They took the Skirt Steak with Remoulade Sauce off the menu...my favorite dish there! It's been replaced by a similar steak with a Cilantro Sauce but it just isn't the same. Big mistake.Special Features:
- Chicken tacos, risotto meatballsplcinteriorsDined on 9/23/2014and lettuce cups were pheeeeeenom! WE need a Blue Stove in Napa.Special Features:
- Good foodJollyVIPDined on 9/22/2014We had risotto with scallops and hanger steak. Both were outstanding. Portions are good too, for tha price they charge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014My friend and I first experience eating here was wonderful! We love the food and. as much as we have heard about poor service, we had a great experience with both. We will definitely be back soon. Many birthdays coming up. ;-))Special Features:
- Dining at NordstromBobbinumber1VIPDined on 9/17/2014The food is excellent. Service friendly. Nice sharing dishes.Special Features:
- Go for the food not the serviceMarinFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/12/2014Sharing the tasty small plates with friends is a nice lunch option, but our server today was slowly wandering around chatting with folks instead of working. It was impossible to get his attention. Our beverages were never refilled, we waited so long for him to come back to our table that we ran out of time for coffee and dessert. We'll go back again but ask for one of the other servers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Respite from ShoppingeseleneDined on 9/12/2014The two of us ordered four plates, which was more than enough; however, the food was so delicious that we ate every morsel. The heirloom tomato and burrata salad was richly dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The lump crab cakes with frisée salad were generous with crab meat and minimal with filler. The Korean short rib sliders had just a bit of chili pepper in the slaw to give it a kick, and the risotto with pan seared scallops were perfectly done...so aromatic and barely al dente. It was my first time at this restaurant and would go back again even without going shopping!Special Features:
- sonomafoodiesonomafoodieDined on 9/11/2014A friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I had read that the small plates were really quite small and, therefore, we ordered 4 different plates. They were all wonderful, but we certainly could have managed with just 3 choices. However, having 4 gave us a chance to try just one more thing....a doggie bag was involved. I would recommend all of the dishes we had: lettuce wraps, scallops, skirt steak and the delightful corn & poblano chile hash. Our server was very pleasant and reasonably attentive, but we did have to wait a while for our check. We will definitely return with more people in order to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Different ExperienceBarbaraDined on 8/30/2014This was a great way to have lunch during a shopping outing. Too many spots nearby offer up huge plates, bad acoustics making it difficult to have a conversation, and for a refreshing change, not the kind of place to be frequented by a bunch of kids. This was relaxed, tasty and fun!Special Features:
- StaidRajivMDined on 8/29/2014The Village at Corte Madera has limited restaurant choices, which makes the Blue Stove a desired addition. We went on a Friday evening and it was quiet…. And perhaps that understandable now that we have been there. The space lacks character – the décor is very staid, the space not very large and the food options somewhat limited. The menu consists of small plates, which were a creative mix of cuisine choices – but, the cost/portion size equation won’t work in your favor. There is a reasonable wine list and a handful of beers on tap. The space overlooks Mount Tam and there is a reasonable view to be had…. BUT this could have been soo much more than it is.
- I'll be back!!!!LeeLocyDined on 8/24/2014I love this restaurant and have been there about 10 times and have taken a number of friends to share it. I'm just including these tips to make it perfect. The music is a bit jarring rather than eating friendly. It was too close to BJs loud young crowd music. I prefer background music that makes it pleasant to eat. The plates don't come out at the same time when different things are ordered and the patrons aren't sharing. To remedy this, the server should be aware and either put the orders in at different times so they all come out together or there should be a check box on the order to alert the kitchen to have them ready to serve at the same time. I prefer risotto to be drier, less pasty, which means using less water.Special Features:
- never2freshDined on 8/23/2014VERY RELAXING ATMOSPHERE. THE DISHES ARE ONE ATTRACTIVE SERVING AFTER ANOTHER WITH A VARIETY OF WONDERFUL FLAVORS. WE HAD EIGHT FOR TWO PEOPLE. THE WINE WAS GOOD. IT IS QUIET. I AM A FREQUENT VISITOR AND THE LAST TWO TIMES THE SERVICE FELL SHORT. IN THIS INSTANCE, MY FRIEND BROUGHT IT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MANAGER AND HE ADDRESSED IT. WE STILL LEFT A HEFTY TIP BECAUSE WE FOUND OUT THAT THE TIPS ARE SHARED AND EXCEPT FOR OUR WAITER, EVERYONE ELSE WAS GREAT. I HOPE DINERS WILL KEEP THIS IN MIND. WE WILL CONTINUE TO FREQUENT BLUE STOVE AND RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2014Had great hopes for this attractive and convenient place. The menu looks good "on paper." And the food was tasty and enjoyable…but TINY. If the small plates are meant to be shared, you would need to order many more than the 4 we shared between 2 ladies lunching. Hate to leave wanting to go somewhere else for another meal. You'd think $40 for 2 would leave you somewhat satisfied….NOT HERE. Service left a LOT to be desired. 15 minutes before anyone approached our table for even a drink order. Our waitress didn't seem to be paying much attention and didn't know the menu.
- Party of 6 for brunch (11 AM)TheatreGoerDined on 8/12/2014We ordered 11 dishes - all of them great except for the scallops which were slightly tough. Crab cakes, asparagus/mushrooms, cauliflower hummus and calimari were especially memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LmfaulknerDined on 8/10/2014An unlikely spot to be your destination for a meal, however my foodie friend from NYC and I both found it delightful, food was very very good and well presented with a decent wine list too! Don't let the fact that it is inside Nordstrom put you off! I will go back!Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceMarinJenDined on 8/7/2014It was really a shame, the food was quite good but the service was so bad it almost ruin the experience.Special Features:
- Great new place!DeniseRNDined on 8/7/2014Stopped in with a friend after work to unwind, very attractive, relaxing environment with the late afternoon sun creating a warm glow in the room. Great "small plates" menu with a nice variety of choices that are the perfect size for 2 to share. We had the Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco's, Crab Cakes and Korean BBQ Pork Sliders, all were delicious with nice presentation. The wine list was varied and reasonably priced and the service was attentive and friendly. Definitely will return, their location in The Village makes it the perfect end for a shopping afternoon, I'm sure they will be packed at holiday time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and learningLocalsVIPDined on 8/5/2014Blue Stove is a fun place to meet friends for lunch or cocktails. The food was good but salty. The service minimal. They need staff badly to support the demand.Special Features:
- DisappointedLocalVIPDined on 8/5/2014Have been here a number of times, and used to think it was great. Service was non-existence. Had to ask for water, and he never came back to the table once our food arrived. If he had, I would have told him that the fig salad was superior, but the crab cakes were almost all filler, cold, and the gnocchis were like rubber balls. Waiter dropped check off and did not ask if we would like coffee or dessert. I did tell the HOST, as I liked this place and had taken many friends. Host said he would pass information along.
- DaffersVIPDined on 8/2/2014Consistent great quality food and a treat after a day of shopping!!Special Features:
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a hidden gem, great spot to enjoy a nice lunch with friends while shopping at the village.Special Features:
- Good food, SMALL platesmarinfoodieDined on 7/22/2014Very pleasant place for lunch in a light, bright room with a view of Mt. Tam. Two of the three small plates - the burrata and tomato salad and the chicken cups were very good, although they were very small. The frisee salad was a joke - a small handful of frisee and a few nuts on a plate. Certainly not worth the $7 something price tag! Service seemed a little disorganized, but we certainly appreciated the manager bringing a free dish when one order was late and no one came by to take the other. I'll go back, if only because it's a really nice place to meet a friend.Special Features:
- Not all the kinks worked out?JeanVIPDined on 7/22/2014We had 1:00 pm Tuesday reservations and the room was about 20% full, if that, yet there was a kerfuffle as to where to seat us. We were shown to a minuscule table. When we asked for a larger table we were told that were petite women and larger tables were to more ample guests. Our server called us "honey," "sweetie," and other pet names excessively. He delivered bread to an "ample" table by grabbing several hunks of baguette with his bare hand and plopping them on a plate on their table. He never wiped off our table to clear away spilled bits of salad or condensation from our glasses. He just plopped down the bill. On the positive: Nordstrom points for dining, a pleasant view of Mt. Tam, and decent albeit not overly inspired good.Special Features:
- TOO noisyKimberlyDined on 7/22/2014Service was poor, took 30 minutes for waiter to appear after I had asked for one to be sent to our table. Had reservation and restaurant was ½ full when we arrived but took 10 minutes to be seated. Food was tasty....music WAY too loud.Special Features:
- Great menu, great executionMaggieDined on 7/19/2014On my third visit to this small plate venue I dined with 3 foodies for a birthday celebration. We ordered 10+ dishes (2 were desserts) and had no complaints about any of them. Each was different than the others, their treatments, tastes and seasonings unique. The menu easily accommodated a Weight Watcher, a vegan, a dedicated carnivore and a cheese-head. Stand-out dishes were the roasted cauliflower hummus, corn pepper hash, scallop risotto, chicken wings, butterscotch pot de creme and French Press coffee. The tab was quite reasonable (although no one ordered alcohol this time around). The service was prompt and un-intrusive. One lack: no espresso drinks. My friends' contributions to this review: AbFab, Yum and More, please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu but dark for lunchtimeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014really enjoyed everything about this place!! only downside is that it seems very dark in here during the day for a casual nice lunchtime experience. but, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- lack of serviceNativeDined on 7/9/2014Our waiter kept walking by without acknowledgement. Eventually told us he would be right back, another 5 min went by. After food delivered never saw waiter again! Had to flag another waiter to find ours for the check. UNACCEPTABLE
- The following 32 reviews are from the Blue Stove – Nordstrom Corte Madera reviews archive.
- Lavish little plates.ScooterPhileDined on 6/17/2014Had wanted to try the new Blue Stove, so met a friend for lunch. Nice setting, energetic, but quiet enough to be able to talk without shouting. Really nice menu--seemingly all small plates, for sharing (or not!). Loved the lemon-scented risotto with scallops and green beans. My friend had cab cakes, which she really liked. Want to try the calamari next. Great place to relax and regroup while shopping, something this center's needed.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch with friends.MarinlinDined on 6/13/2014The first time I ate at Blue Stove I was by myself. The plates are small and meant to share, and the waitress recommended I order two -- which was way too much food for one person. But the two dishes I ordered were fabulous, especially the szechuan glazed chicken in lettuce wraps. I took the second dish, seared mushrooms with asparagus, home for dinner. It was delicious as well, even re-heated. I enjoyed it so much that I went back with a friend a few weeks later. We ordered the same two dishes, plus crab cakes. Like me, she became an instant fan of the restaurant. The ambience is surprisingly good for a mall restaurant next to a freeway, and the wait staff is helpful and friendly. Great place for lunch with friends.Special Features:
- shhhhhhLocalVIPDined on 6/12/2014A great find and want to keep it quiet. I am not a shopper, but remodeled Nordstroms in Corte Madera is great. View of Mt Tam. Nice room. Small plates, perfect to split. Been a number of times, and notable dishes: Sweet potato fries, ( plenty for two with great dip) crab cakes, ( 2 with huge hunks of crab) shrimp and grits,( 3 grilled shrimp, ask for hot sauce) chicken tacos,(4 little ones, tasty) corn and poblano chili hash, ( needs a little spice) and the fig blue cheese salad is incredible, and would eat it all by myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful, delectable, deliciousLeeLocyDined on 6/10/2014Our waiter and every waiter I've had in the 5 times I've been there, tomorrow will be number 6, has been really well trained. He remembered what we asked to have and went beyond. He asked if we wanted water at the same time we were paying the bill. Great idea. He's still serving and that's exactly what we wanted. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. We even asked for less salt, and it was done. The size of the plates is perfect. They hold just the right amount of food. We decided that they were catering to women because it was the perfect size for a complete meal for a woman. The price is very reasonable. The creme brulee is over the top; the presentation is a work of art. I take a different friend each time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.