Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/bluestovema
- Phone: 7813457800x1610
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Matt MacKay
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall
Blue Stove is a stylish yet casual restaurant featuring our interpretation of contemporary flavors focusing on bold tastes and textures. The menu allows our customer the chance to experience our offerings through a variety of small plates that are bold in concept and internationally inspired. We invite our customers to select combinations of menu items with the goal of sharing each dish, making a dining experience unlike any other. The exhibition kitchen provides a stage for our chefs to prepare the menu in a colorful, energetic environment. The wine bar romances wine while providing an alternative dining experience. Our cuisine is inspired by local ingredients at the peak of seasonal freshness. The menu is complemented by a well chosen selection of interesting wines, many available by the glass to pair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (27)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (13)romantic (12)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- good for tastesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014if you enjoy having a couple of bites of this and that, then this is a good place for you. many choices of small plates. the salads are small for the price but tasty. we enjoyed sampling many different dishes. the only down side is that to have dinner there can prove expensive as each plate is so small. Aside from that, the food is good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous as Alwaysmtd62Dined on 9/13/2014One of the nicest places to stop for a bite after a day of shopping in the mall. I usually make a reservation as this restaurant is quite popular and can become crowded. Great small plate dishes, Love the calamari...Fabulous....Special Features:
- Always a good lunchscrappyincDined on 9/12/2014Chicken tacos are great, as was the risotto. The kids plates are large and definitely plenty of leftovers for a toddler.Special Features:
- Service was lackingdinerDined on 9/11/2014As always, the food was excellent. However, service was severely lacking. Our server appears to have left midway through our dining experience without handing us off to another server. After waiting a significant amount of time, we finally flagged someone down to finish ordering. This not great for small plates, as you want to be able to order frequently. Other times that we've been there, we have also had some issues with servers. Also, they are unable to split the bill evenly on two credit cards. Which is just bizarre.Special Features:
- Who KnewmeditatefoodDined on 9/3/2014Delicious food- romantic atmosphere - all in the Burlington Mall - Try it!Special Features:
- Empty but still goodscrappyincDined on 8/31/2014We went at 5:45 on a Sunday for an early dinner and were one of about 4 dining parties. The food was good, as always, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedtwinypalmDined on 8/24/2014The food is not good at all. Most of the dishes are either too salty or too sweet. The wings are mostly sweet there are no other taste to it. We had 6,7 plates and the only one that was good was the salad with goat cheese and candied pecans. If you are in the store and just want a quick lunch then it's OK. Otherwise best to skip it. Nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Just OKbostondiner123Dined on 8/19/2014We got 2 dishes in the protein section and 2 sides. The meatballs were good, but I thought the chicken lettuce wraps were too salty and had too much sauce in them. The bolitas were delicious but the fingerling potatoes had an unpleasant sauce. The serving sizes were uneven too - I thought the bolitas came with a good number for the price, but the meatballs only came with 3 not too big meatballs which seemed outrageous for the price.Special Features:
- Lovely small platesBayAreaVIPDined on 8/18/2014All the plates I ordered were excellent - no exception! Food was fresh and beautifully presented. Service was excellent to match the high quality food. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Easy2pleaseDined on 8/16/2014This is one of our favorite locations for 5 star food, at a reasonable price. My only complaint that I ever have is the service. My frink often sits dry for quite a while, and I had to ask for a straw several times. Though our server was apologetic, I still had to wait and wait for any additional needs that I had. With that being said, the food is always piping hot and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in NordstromssundayfundayDined on 8/13/2014Blue Stove is a great find on the second floor of Nordstrom's in the Burlington Mall. They serve mainly tapas and small plates, but enough per offering to share with friends. We got the shrimp and grits, scallops, pulled pork sliders, and meatballs. All were very good and could make a nice small meal on their own. Blue Stove has a good wine list and always friendly bartenders. This is a nice place to meet up with colleagues after work in the Burlington area. The only downside is because they are part of the mall they close relatively early (compared to other stand alone bars). But it was time to go home anyway!Special Features:
- Excellent Food but ExpensiveFoodieDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious! I did think the prices were high for the small portions.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseAndyDined on 8/9/2014Mall cuisine usually means low expectations but I found Blue Stove several cuts above the norm. The atmosphere is generic but pleasant, the service affable, the prices reasonable, and the food tasty. No off-the-charts dishes but everything was pleasant. I found it sadly ironic that the room was mostly empty when the generic, prefab Cheesecake Factory downstairs was packed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue StoveMariaDined on 8/3/2014Pleasantly surprised at restaurant ambience. Fresh food skillfully prepared. Great place to take business guests to dine.Special Features:
- A fine experienceb52bosDined on 8/1/2014Blue Stove is one of my favorite places. A good selection of small plates with an electic selection . great vegies and many chices. a good wine list as well.Special Features:
- Fantastic! As always.MaitreeVIPDined on 7/31/2014We went for lunch and the tapas experience was as wonderful as always. Started with the heirloom tomato salad. We had our favorite the dark cheery beef... that never disappoints. This time we also had dessert... the creme brulee . Just the perfect ending to a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Nice spot for lunchstarlingtonVIPDined on 7/29/2014A friend and I met at Blue Stove for lunch before a little shopping expedition. It was a nice space with comfy booths and small plates that we could share. The food was good, mostly. The Chive and Rosemary ricotta gnocchi was very heavily spiced with nutmeg - a huge turnoff for me. But the heirloom tomato salad with burrata was good as was the fig and blue cheese salad. And the wild mushroom and grilled asparagus was very nice, but a little less oil might have made it better. The service was fine - efficient but a bit abrupt. If you are at the mall, this is probably the best option there. But I would not make a special trip.Special Features:
- Good tapas restaurantPEHAPPYDined on 7/25/2014First, you have to know the restaurant is literally IN the Nordstrom. It's pretty weird at first but the food is really good so you kind of forget about it. The service was not really passionate but fairly good. The wine selection is ok. The tapas are delicious with a great mexican touch. The crab cake was faboulous so was the chicken tapas. Only downside would be they double charge us on our credit card and since we were on a travel it was a big issue for us. Fortunately it was fix a few days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchPinheadVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is a great spot to meet for lunch. I like that the plates are small so you can try several items without feeling stuffed. The room is lovely too!Special Features:
- Date NightHuggieDined on 7/15/2014We loved the "small plate" menu. There were so many great choices on the menu, this allowed us to try a few different dishes. It was perfect for two people to share. If there are more than 2 people in your party, I would suggest that you "pair up" to order and share. Food was delicious, with a good variety of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great service, great food, love to sit at bar and watch chefs prepare the meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantLunchmatesDined on 7/2/2014Great atmosphere! Love the space and the metropolitan feel! Great for parties or a romantic dinner for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodpattyprevDined on 6/21/2014We eat at Blue Stove a few times per year and have never been disappointed. The food is always good and the service is mostly good. We sat at the bar for the first time and the service was not as good as when we sit in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreChrisDined on 6/21/2014We tried this restaurant on a whim looking for something different and it was categorized as tappas which we love. The reviews were great so we figured we'd give it a try. Well, what a disappointment. Expected tappas, but what we actually got was mediocre food in tiny poirions highly overpriced. Been to tappas restaurants before and knew to order many dishes to share but even these tappas portions served were smaller than a normal tappas. Also, no restrooms! Because of the restaurants location on the 2nd floor of Nordstroms, patrons are expected to leave the restaurant, go back into the department store and use the facilities there. After an $80 bill we left with empty wallets and empty stomachs.Special Features:
- Small platesPJohnDined on 6/14/2014Great selection of small plates. Atmosphere is always respectable and classy. Service friendly.Special Features:
- Save room for dessertGwenVIPDined on 6/13/2014We sampled the cheese platter, the sezchuan chicken, the cherry beef, the mushrooms and asparagus, the gnocchi, and one of us had the fig salad. The salad was overdressed but otherwise fine. Hard to mess up cheese plates; this one did not disappoint (honeycomb was a great complement), though we could have used a third variety. Everything was good, but the standouts were the beef and the gnocchi. We could have made a meal off just those two. One of us had the white sangria - a generous glass, the wine was not too sweet. For dessert we split the creme brulee with lemon curd. It was heavenly. We're very glad to have tried another sit-down eatery in the mall. We may try a lunchtime sitting with fewer dishes for a more economical meal.Special Features:
- Sangria outstanding food not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014I have been to the Blue Stove so many times and never once had the food been off. The four of us agreed it wasn't the best night for the chef. All dishes were very salty. The fried calamari was over done and there were more breadcrumbs on the plate. This was returned. We ate light that night. Enjoyed the ambiance and sangria. We will be back and hope the food will be back to normal. After all, it was Friday the 13th!
- Where was my server?Easy2pleaseDined on 6/12/2014We never ever saw our server. My biggest hot button is when my drink runs dry. And it was dry for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going here for lunch!PinheadVIPDined on 6/3/2014This is a great spot to meet for lunch. The small plates are varied and tasty--something for everyone. The service is great too with the server offering suggestions that helped us decide and order the right amount. I will keep introducing new folks to the place so I can try other things on the menu!Special Features:
- SIW66Dined on 5/30/2014The food choices were great. We loved everything we ordered and we were all full when we left. The sangria was awesome!! Fantastic waiter, very knowlegdeable. Atmosphere was great. However the only downfall was the when the lights were turned down it was a little to dark to see the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotbritmarDined on 5/29/2014Great tapas!! The chicken tacos are delicious!!great little lunch spot for sharingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 513 reviews are from the Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall reviews archive.
- Brought a friend!ShannonBVIPDined on 5/21/2014We came for dinner and had a wonderful time! It's great to share plates and everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little goes a long waysuzyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Their small plates are great. The first time I went, we over ordered and there was too much to taste, let alone eat, but I think we have it down right now. The usual items were available plus always a few new specials. And they take reservations which is a plus on a Saturday. We'll be back.Special Features:
- They could have been a contendah...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014...but missed by a good margin. Ambition alone does not fine cuisine make - over-salted, over-flavored and over-enthusiastic. Merit for trying but only a few plates were repeat-worthy. Surprisingly, the roasted asparagus and mushroom side was one of the few delicious plates as was the sliced sea scallop over risotto with haricorts vert but again - the risotto was so lemony that you couldn't eat more than small complements to the scallop to avoid over-powering the subtleties. Many dishes needed bread or a rice dish to neutralize. A BBQ pit sauce seem mild in comparison. My suggestion would be to lower the ambition and perfect the delivery - perhaps under the guidance of a master chef with a discriminating palate.Special Features:
- mouth watering!dooleyarnoldVIPDined on 5/10/2014I loved the crispy cherry beef (as everyone else did), as well as the lemon risotto and grilled scallops. The pinot gris was crisp and cold, and the sweet potato pommes were done to perfection. Cons: not many....rather dark but I had my trusty iPhone flashlight to read the menu. I did pop a hot green pepper in my mouth (part of the beef dish) thinking it was an asparagus, because of the lack of light. That mistake did come back to haunt me later.Special Features:
- A bit priceypetitefoodieDined on 5/9/2014Food was good, as was the service, but the prices were pretty high for the portion sizes. I spent $42 for a lunch of just two plates (one with just one scallop, the other a few pieces of beef) and a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysMaitreeVIPDined on 5/4/2014I drove over an hour just for the dark cherry beef and it didn't dissappoint! Fabulous food and service as always. One of my favorite restaurants period.Special Features:
- Great foodYummymummyDined on 5/2/2014The food was outstanding! Great for girls nite out. Wine list was reasonable. Service was friendly, but a little stuffy. Desserts were awesome.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was bland , but the sangria was pretty good.Special Features:
- FridaydinerDined on 4/18/2014Our go-to place for special occasions. The food is consistently excellent and service superb. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.