Blue Stone Steak & Seafood
2864 Highway 55
Eagan, MN 55123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Stone Steak & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluestonemn.com/
- Phone: (651) 340-0171
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-4:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 2:30pm-6:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Cajun, Creole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Most of our menu is available for your party or event. Please contact us directly.
- Private Party Facilities: Our boardroom style semi-private dining room is perfect for gatherings of up to 36 guests. Connect your laptop to our large HDMI TV/Monitor for your business meeting. Enjoy an intimate setting combined with excellent food and service.
A word from Blue Stone Steak & Seafood
BlueStone Steak & Seafood specializes in American classics as well as authentic Louisiana Cajun & Creole dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blue Stone Steak & Seafood - Best Restaurants in Eagan ›
Blue Stone Steak & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good suburban food!OpenTableReviewerDined on 11/22/2014It was a nice to find a new restaurant in Eagan. There was plenty of food to choose from. We started with the Goat Cheese with bread and it was amazing. We also tried the crab cakes with avocado puree and it was also wonderful. The service was pleasant and fast and the host was very outgoing and welcoming. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent CajunmichaelmillerDined on 11/7/2014There isn't much that goes for true Cajun in the Twin Cities, but this comes close. Good po boys and voodoo pasta, nice spice but not a lot of heat. Very big room, busy but not crowded on a Friday night. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The beet saladBeets2meDined on 11/7/2014I can't believe a restaurant who wants to really be known for their good food, offers a beet salad that uses canned Beets that are sweetened and lousy canned mandarin oranges. The green bean appetizer had too much breaking on the beans and it was gooey inside. They did refund us for that appetizer.Special Features:
- A Welcome Addition to EaganTessEagan01Dined on 11/1/2014We were so thrilled to have a non-chain restaurant come to Eagan, we just had to try this out. We took our two teen children for a family dinner early Saturday night. The food was excellent. Great flavors, nice presentation, and we were all very satisfied with our selections. In fact, the flavors were so good we all decided to try to desserts to see if they stacked up, too. They didn't disappoint. Service was quick and friendly. The owner and the chef both came to our table (separately) throughout our meal to see if things were to our liking and thanked us for trying them out--even the kid were impressed with that level of service. We will definitely be back. THANK YOU for choosing Eagan!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014This was our first visit to Blue Stone. We had a reservation and were seated right away. The server was very friendly and everyone in our group of 6 loved their food.Special Features:
- Good for a Friday night dinnerDBdinerDined on 10/24/2014Went there on a Friday late because it was close to home and we could get in at a decent hour. I had the hanger steak / lobster combo and my wife had the vegetarian bowl. Mine was great, hers was bland, vegetables had no flavor at all. We've been there twice before and it was really good. Service was excellent, very attentive. Deserts are excellent. Next time we go back she will try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- First time customer-JayDeeDined on 10/22/2014Celebrated a friends birthday - the food was fabulous! The customer service OUTSTANDING! - Louisiana cuisine recipes tasted authentic and well worth the try- I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone- I also put my comments on "Trip Advisor" for others to consider- Thank you again to Gregory (our server) and the Blue Stone staff for making our evening memorable. Joan Daly EricksonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmnsheDined on 10/4/2014Had to find our way through the road construction;but once we got there, it was great. We enjoyed our server's obvious knowledge of the menu and everyone liked what they ordered. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday, and she was presented with a delicious brownie/ice cream dessert (plus spoons for sharing).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2014First time at. Good food and craft beer selection. Happy hour until 6:30. Will go back. Owners operate Ragin Cajin booth at Mn State Fair.Special Features:
- YumNoDishesDined on 9/26/2014Got a spur of the moment date night away from the kids and Open Table directed us here for steak. Thrilled to have shrimp cocktail too, but do prefer horseradish over peppers in cocktail sauce. Kind server let me add tomatoes to my steak Caesar. Cheesy Smokey hasbrowns were wonderful. Prefer my salad tossed, but it was worthy the work of having to cut up my romaine myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Food was cold and service was slow I've been their twice and don't think that I'll be backSpecial Features:
- Definition of BlandsagmanDined on 9/19/2014Everything was bland. Beef brisket rice bowl, Pork Chops as well as the Andouille sausage Ph-Boy. The rice bowl maybe had 2 thin strips of beef. And it was far from being a brisket. We ordered a cockatail that my wife didnt like and we returned it after a sip. Lo and Behold, we got charged for it when the bill came. never coming back here.
- A very good casual place in the SEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service are both very good. The unusual, cajun-influenced menu is a welcome relief from the usual burgers/pizza/chicken sandwich menus at most casual restaurants. The owner came by to introduce herself and chat a couple of times - very personable. The patio is large, and we are anxious to try the weekend brunch menu. Is definitely on our "most favorites" list already.Special Features:
- 3 Strikes, You're OutSteakJuiceVIPDined on 9/2/2014We really tried to like this new restaurant and have gone three times - mostly so we could enjoy the large patio. We go early since we have 2 young kids) and the staff has been friendly. On all 3 visits, we left feeling so-so about the food, some hits, some misses. On our 2nd visit, the service was great. The 1st visit, the service was slow, but you could see her out and about trying to get to everyone. The 3rd visit seemed more of a case of a bad server who would disappear for long periods of time. For example, we waited for a total of 28 minutes between asking for the check (and trying to give our card at the same time, but he said, "that's ok, I'll bring it so you can check it out") and actually getting the slip to sign.Special Features:
- Overall GoodLeeman1999Dined on 8/30/2014We were seated quickly. There seemed to be some confusion about who was to serve us. Peter did apologize when he did come. Had intended to have seafood but opted for Prime rib instead, Good price for both cuts ordered. They had been reheated, because they had grill marks on it and seemed a little dry. The Au Just and the Horseradish Sauce were non descriptive. The asparagus was very good. My wife had the Wedge Salad and said it was excellent. We did go over Labor Day weekend and I do understand the challenges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be BackRaeLaDosiDined on 8/30/2014Blue Stone is just a couple miles from where I live. So nice to have a place of this caliber so close. I also like there are plenty of options for a wide range of tastes. From those who just want a simple steak to those who want a lot of spice, there was enough variety that everyone in our party found something to their liking. Love that there was a cocktail menu but was also able to get my toddler chicken and french fries. It's not everyday we find a place that checks all of our boxes. My only complaint would be that the service was a tad slow. But this seemed due to the place getting it's legs underneath itself or being short on staff. But the servers themselves were great, and it wasn't so slow I wouldn't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local Cajun twist on AmericanaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was delicious, and so many good things to chose from. Location has plenty of parking, but leaves little scenery for those sitting out side. The overall seating inside is plentyful, but poorly balanced and positioned. This is all minor compared to the good food you get. The price is very reasonable. The desserts were awesome and big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- husband & wifeTopshelfDined on 8/29/2014Nice to have a very good restaurant in the area - thought that steaks were a little pricey but the creole or Cajun items were very reasonable and offered nice options. Your ambiance and atmosphere were bright and pleasant and we didn't notice any unusual noise so conversation and quietude were comfortable. All desserts @ $7.50 seemed a tad spendy - perhaps a range from $5 to $7.50 might be a consideration. Your crab chowder was delicious and a margarita was perfect ! Your beer selections were more than ample - wifey had an ale and commented that it was excellent. We'll be back - welcome to the IGH/Eagan area !!!Special Features:
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Fun atmosphere. Great service. Try the Lobster Risotto and Cajun Wings.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food and great service. We have been there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and all were great.Special Features:
- Auth. So. food served w/ a smile!minnesotalivingDined on 8/14/2014Could not say more great things about this little known gem tucked in the Eagan area. What used to be Time Out Sports bar is an original, well decorated, w/ mouth watering food that is Blue Stone Steak & Seafood! I will start with our server Gregory who was so sweet & amazingly happy & polite, he even sat down in the booth next to my aunt to take our orders & took time to explain everything my 83 year old grandma could not pronounce or understand! So much variety of southern food along with the basic restaurant food for the picky eaters (my grandma had a burger!) I had the New England Lobster Roll which was just the right size & bursting w/ lobster meat. My mom had the Ragin’ Cajun Jambalaya & it was according to her "Out of this world."Special Features:
- terrible foodBigdocVIPDined on 8/8/2014I went with high hopes. Service fine, but the food,OMG. The crab appetizer is canned crab not up to what would expect from a "Seafoof" restaurant. The rice bowl with brisket had no Cagun flavor and the meet was not brisket, but rather over cooked beef. They would be bettter calling themselves a neighborhood place rather than a "steak and seafood"restaurant
- X Great diverse menuTommyDined on 8/1/2014First time there. Great happy hour price on drinks. Awesome app--black and blue tenderloin pieces with two fantastic dipping sauces. I had a pasta with shrimp, sausage, and a creole sauce--very tasty My wife had chicken and waffles--too much breading and not enough sauce--kind of dry. Overall we enjoyed our meal and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Had heard there was a new place in Eagan. Tried it out with my girlfriend the other night and loved it. Food was great, service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Blue StoneWildeVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a great time and had a wonderful patio table. We'll definitly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Blue Stone Steak & Seafood reviews archive.
- Need to improve service!TN2MNDined on 7/28/2014We were seated quickly, but it was 15 minutes before someone greeted us at table, and only then bc we walked up to hostess stand to ask for a waiter. Also, tables around us still had dirty dishes on them. This was a Monday night -- it wasn't too busy and they had plenty of workers. Food is great -- if they can catch up on the service end, they'll do fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHungryLeneDined on 7/26/2014My party of three had no complaints about food. It was absolutely delicious. I had the chicken and waffles and was in love with every bite. 10/10 would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitorJimCDined on 7/15/2014This was our first time visiting Blue stone, we often have to travel to downtown to entertaint guest and clients so it was great to find someplace near our office that is not a chain resteraunt or a sports bar theme. Everyone was very pleased with the food and the service was good. We had one open spot on our table and our server thought we were waiting on another guest, so it took some time before she actually asked if we were waiting on a guest or were ready to order. Other than that she was took very good care of us during our meal. They have a very unique menu of Cajun and Creole food that you probably would not find at many resteraunts in this part of the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okDartvadorDined on 7/12/2014My wife and i decided to give it a try after reading the reviews, since it was down the road from us not much to lose. overall i thought the food was ok, my Wife had the Herbed Salmon and thought it tasted like it came from a can, i had the Voodoo pasta and it was pretty good. Given it was a saturday night and not many folks at the restaurant i figured the service would be Johnny on, quite the oppositte. Service was slow and we had to flag our server down for more drinks. I had higher expectations for the first time and for the price was disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice changequestieDined on 7/12/2014We eat out a lot, so it was nice to find a different menu. We'll be back to try more of the delicious sounding dishes. The salmon and sea bass were very good and my mojito had real blackberries in it! The service was friendly prompt and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- BirdDined on 7/11/2014Service was slow. Messed up order. Not many people there. Way over priced on the steaks for what you get.Food was ok. Would not recommend.
- Food4UsDined on 7/11/2014Great service. Waitress was very attentive and pleasant. The prime rib was very tasty and good size portions on everything we ordered. We will definitely be back sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- Amazing!MHMOMDined on 7/10/2014I really love this new restaurant and I love that it is so close to home for Mendota Heights residents! The food was amazing! We sat outside and that was lovely! Our server was fantastic as well!Special Features:
- Filet and Blue Stone Burger tastyGnJJonesDined on 7/10/2014Both the filet mignonette and the Blue Stone burger tasted excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsLisaDined on 7/10/2014We had a large party, and the restaurant is plenty big to accommodate that. The food is different from your typical menu as well, so that was nice. We would come back again.Special Features:
- Good, something different.RogerwDined on 7/8/2014Interesting options on menu. Really enjoyed deep fried deviled eggs and onion rings were excellent. Rice bowls, lobster po'boy, and pork chop very tasty. Bananas foster cheesecake is worth a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Restaurant Experience in AgesAnneVIPDined on 7/5/2014Horrible service including waiting over 15 minutes for water and a drink order. At one point he walked away with our drinks to get silverware and took over 5 minutes to return! Overdone steaks, (ordered med-rare and prepared medium-well to well), frozen waffle, no crab in crab appetizer, tasteless deviled egg appetizer. Our waiter was extremely slow throughout the evening and never checked back after food was delivered. When I stopped him to tell him about the waffle, he spent several minutes explaining how difficult it is to serve breakfast food while maintaining its temperature.....?????! Definitely not worth a second visit.
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Great food and service. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- DisappointingGandDwinedineDined on 7/2/2014We had heard good things about Blue Stone, but our experience was gumbo more like rice load, burnt Brussel sprouts, and ok pork chops.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Lived down south for 20 years in Alabama and have visited New Orleans many times, so I am a seafood addict so expected more of that on the menu along with shrimp and crab in your gumbo.Special Features: