Blue Star Bistro & Wine Bar
1209 N Noble Street (free parking)
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Star Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluestarbistroandwinebar.com/
- Phone: 7732782233x
- Hours of Operation:
Tues, Wed, Thurs: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:30am (kitchen open until 11pm)
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Antonio Bolanos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whatever your next occasion is whether it be large, small, formal, or informal, whether you're hosting a birthday celebration, networking or cocktail reception, intimate bridal shower, a sophisticated corporate event, business meeting or presentation, or a grand wedding reception, Blue Star can cater to all of your needs and meet and exceed your greatest expectations! We have a friendly attentive staff and excellent food. Call Joe Musser to make arrangements at 773-209-5248.
- Entertainment: Classical guitarist, Jack Cimo, plays most Friday nights.
Opera Nights on a monthly basis - Fall, Winter & Spring.
Wine Tasting Nights every last Wednesday of the summer months, call for details!
Art Gallery openings approximately every two months.
Please contact restaurant for specific dates.
- Special Events: Contact Joe Musser at 773-209-5248 to host your own special event, birthday, or private party. Host your event in either of our two private rooms. Each room offers comfort, a friendly attentive staff and excellent food and bar. We offer versatile accommodations including outdoor dining and a wide selection of menu choices for any size gathering with a special focus on our impressive wine collection. Private dining is available for 8-90 people on premise. We also cater larger parties off premise.
- Cross Street: Division
- Public Transit: 3 blocks east of Division Blue line, CTA bus stop right by corner of Noble & Division.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: FREE PARKING available in the lot on the south west corner of Division and Noble. (entrance to parking lot on Division) If questions, please call for details. 773.278.2233.
A word from Blue Star Bistro & Wine Bar
Enjoy American Bistro cuisine perfectly matched with a variety of wines. We offer 30 wines by the glass as well as a nice bottle selection that pairs perfectly with our menu. (If you wish to bring a personal wine, please note there is a corkage fee.) Select from our small and large plates to fit your appetite. Patio seating is available on a first come, first serve basis.Continued
Free parking is available, please call for details. 773.278.2233
Free parking is available, please call for details. 773.278.2233
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Blue Star Bistro & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Bucktown / Wicker Park ›
Blue Star Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (25)romantic (17)special occasion (16)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Five stars for Blue StarOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014This cozy bistro/wine bar is truly a gem, with a great wine list filled with interesting flights and unusual choices. The food is equally impressive. The menu offers delicious twists on Mediterranean-inspired dishes (the burrata is a favorite, as is the butternut squash salad and the goat cheese fritters with blueberry reduction), often combining sweet and savory or highlighting fresh seasonal ingredients. The service is warm and attentive-- I can't think of a better spot to enjoy a leisurely feast or a friendly wine-tasting. The Opera Night, one Sunday a month, is incredible too. Blue Star, will you marry me?Special Features:
- HIDDEN GEMdelighteddinerDined on 10/14/2014Great find / off the beaten path. Blue Star has a feel of it's own. Wonderful dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Great Date Spot / Dinner w/ FriendsKellyLVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great ambiance and even better food. We loved having dinner there and are excited to come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014Great food, great service!!! Always first class. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of view in plain siteWindyDined on 10/3/2014This gem of a restaurant is large enough for our party of 8 and intimate enough for a romantic night for a couple. There is an extensive, but reasonably priced wine list and very helpful servers. Although the entree choices are listed there are many small plates and appetizers to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noble SquareCHiTownvisitorVIPDined on 9/27/2014Location was easy to Find. A block west of the Division exit on the Kennedy. Blue Star delivered great food, wine, and service in an energetic atmosphere. I recommend going with a small group and trying as many small plates as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousHAHTVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our group had a great experience. Terrific small plate variety and flavors, great wine options and our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Out of the Way FindWinedudeVIPDined on 9/26/2014We wouldn't have known about this place if it wasn't on Opentable. It is located about 25 yards from Division and can hardly be seen from the main street. We are glad we found it. The food was excellent, with lots of interesting small plates and a handful of nice main courses. We tried the scallops, burrata, pork chop and Capellacci. Nice wine list and really friendly service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food !lynnmmDined on 9/20/2014The service and food is outstanding. This is a good find in a cute neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New neighborcity2countrycoolDined on 8/29/2014We just moved into the Wicker Park area and were excited to find our new favorite local, in walking distance, food destinations. Blue Star was an incredible surprise of good food, good drinks and a friendly and informative staff. Our first experience was with a group of 7 and our server guided us to just the right amount of tapas and helped us explore the drink menu. We had one drag on the dessert deliver but again, Blue Star impressed us with making up for it in style. Thank you Cindy, we'll be back for a wine tasting and more great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findChikindVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good, well presented and portions very generous. Nice selection of reasonably priced wines by the glass. Out of the way spot but worth another visit.Special Features:
- Great find off DivisionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014Think small plate sharing. Great variety in dishes all with something unique. Friendly bar and easy to get to location. Park in the church lot across the street. Looks like a very cozy place in fall or winter. Service was attentive, but we ate early so it was sparse. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- amazinggreedyoneDined on 8/16/2014Great, attentive, engaging staff. Food and wine were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Went here on a Living Social deal and looking forward to going back! Fantastic service, great food and wine pairings.Special Features:
- opentablelvrsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Gluten free menu is terrific - esp the burrata and beef hash! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great restaurant with amazing food and a great wine list. The service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awkward and over-pricedje55Dined on 7/16/2014We arrived at 7:30pm on a Wednesday night, and the place was empty aside from 3 other tables. From the get-go the service was slow, inaccurate (pistachios were all over a dish even though it wasn't listed as an ingredient on the menu - and my partner is allergic), and at times downright confrontational. We had an OpenTable gift certificate, and between 3 staff members they couldn't figure out how to apply it to our bill. It was an awkward 30 mins of back-and-forth that for awhile I thought was going to end with them saying we couldn't use the certificate. In the end they did take the value off of our check, but I left with a bad taste in my mouth. The food was good but grossly over-priced considering the overall dining experience.
- Thanks for great food and service!BenIDined on 7/11/2014My wife, two adult children who live in the city, and I enjoyed a great evening st the Blue Star on July 11th. We shared three small plates and three large plates. We loved the food and the service. This was our first time and we will come back! We hope to return to Opera nights.Special Features:
- The following 234 reviews are from the Blue Star Bistro & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- wonderful anniversary eveningnutellafanDined on 6/24/2014Our visit to Blue Star for our anniversary dinner was outstanding. The ambiance is lovely with good music that is not too loud, lovely art, and design of the dining areas. The food was wonderful - I ordered 3 of the small plates, each better than the last: bacon wrapped dates - beautifully done with the bacon crispy on the outside, bruschetta with grilled nectarines and creamy burrata mozz., and the arugula and endamame pesto. My husband's pasta with truffles was delicious. The winner was the dessert - 3 nutella balls rolled in ground graham crackers and then fried (I think). Amazing. We will be back! The hostess/manager/server was absolutely the best and she had her hands full working solo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeedbackVIPDined on 6/13/2014Delicious food with interesting ingredients. Friendly employees, cute place in a surprise location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindHappystringsDined on 5/30/2014This is the quintessential 'neighborhood gem'. From respectable wine list to deliciously presented appetizers to lick-the-plate good entrees, I'll be back to this one for sure. Oh, and try the scallops-out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!sweettoothDined on 5/21/2014Blue Star Bistro was exactly what I was looking for. A restaurant for a girls' night out that was close to the expressway for a friend driving from the suburbs, free parking lot, outstanding food, quiet outdoor seating, great service and Nutella balls for dessert! All of the food was delicious. We ordered several small and medium plates to share and you must save room for the Nutella dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Tillie and Yummy FoodJeudiDined on 5/15/2014This is such a sweet little place with a sweet server, Tillie, who ws just delightful. Stuffed dates were AMAZING; I could have eaten a dozen. Goat cheese croquettes were AMAZING. The shrimp and the scallop small plates....AMAZING. Seriously, every single bite was delicious. And fried Nutella balls...you could just die. The bleu cheese spread with the wheet bread (bread plate) was scrumptious; the one and only not perfect thing was the little rolls on the bread plate, which were a little hard, but otherwise just a wonderful dining experience. And the basil cocktail was unusual and just lovely.Special Features:
- Great food, odd establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/14/2014Walking into this restaurant, you aren't sure if it's a spinach tapas place, an asian fusion spot or a country cookin' cozy hide away. It's blue and yellow colors with all different wooden chairs scream cozy living room, but the paintings of bulls and matadors are a nod to spanish flair and the overall aroma was asian tempura. BUT our waiter was a gem! He was so nice and ignored our girly gossip and politely blushed. We had a bottle of Chianti which was fabulous, and the brussels to start. Great app (really a side) for sharing. The 3 of us then split the Quinoa and Prosciutto flatbread, leaving plenty of room for the FRIED NUTELLA. HELLO yumminess! I will be back! Hopefully they can revamp their interior. I would be happy to help! :)Special Features:
- Lovely! Best dessert-Blue33Dined on 5/8/2014Love the food, service, ambience, wine selection. The sommelier was fantastic - Best Dessert in Chicago- fried Nutella balls with cappuccino mousse. Intimate, romantic - but around the bar wine sampling - great. In winter - there are fireplaces - Oh, and there was free parking! Various rabbit, elk, venison sausages were lovely, the trout and Brussels also excellent. Definitely go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but expensivegddoDined on 5/7/2014I had no problems at all using a LivingSocial deal. Service was excellent. Everyone was so nice and made us feel welcome. The food was delicious, but the portions were very small for the price. I left feeling somewhat hungry, despite having an entrée and shared appetizer and dessert.Special Features:
- Fun PlacesheidihoDined on 4/29/2014Restaurant was fun and eclectic. Took customer and we actually had drinks and appetizers for dinner. Wasn't the plant there were so many good things on the list, we never got past the appetizers. We had great service, the environment was fun and you could talk without it being so loud. Enjoyed the time there. They were even willing (and did) run out and hail us a taxi.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseChifrogVIPDined on 4/24/2014This restaurant is in the strangest location but I must say it will not disappoint. Obviously has a great wine selection but I was very surprised at the reasonable prices, lots of bottles under $50 from all over the world. The service was great, nice and accommodating and not pretentious. We ordered 3 things, butternut salad, burrata and pork belly mac n cheese; everything was absolutely delicious! Definitely going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChristianDined on 4/13/2014Great place to have a romantic dinner. I enjoy the opera night. We and my wife were celebrarting aniversary ano it was fantastic. Wine list is excellent. Food is very nice and decorated. chesse platter is also a most with a good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance/Service, Solid foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/9/2014When you walk in, you immediately note the warmness of the entire restaurant; staff are always smiling and really attentive. Decor was great and created a lovely setting for the delicious food.Special Features:
- Cool menu at Blue StarWJC722VIPDined on 4/1/2014Love unusual combinations that Blue Star has on their menu. We loved everything we ordered, nothing wasted. We chose to order the small plates and share but the main dishes looked great too. Garlic Shrimp, Burrata, Mac&Cheese with pork belly, Dates wrapped in Bacon I'll be back! Our server was knowledgeable and thoughtful. Cute decor with fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rapidly Becoming one of my FavsLilyNVIPDined on 3/29/2014Second visit, even better than the first, which I LOVED, and can't wait to go back. The food and the staff exceed five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time in an eclectic spaceSam17Dined on 3/26/2014I took my brother out to Blue Star for his birthday. We shared the daily offering of breads, duck confit, pork belly Mac & Cheese, and fried Nutella. Everything was delicious and well cooked. The portions were a little mismatched, the duck confit being a large plate but a smaller size than expected. The Mac and Cheese however was larger than expected, so we left well satisfied. The fried Nutella was excellent as well, but could have used a bit more coulis to cut the richness. The bread and blue cheese garlic spread was fantastic. Our server was knowledgable and friendly, knowing just when to stop by the table to check on us. We did visit earlier on a Wednesday night so it was a fairly slower night, but the music was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014Blue Star has a lot of delicious food options and a small, neighborhood feel. Each time I have been there, the food has been delicious and I've left satisfied. In my opinion, the food is slightly overpriced for the quantity you receive. I would not eat there without some sort of discount.Special Features:
- Excellent Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014My wife and I met another couple there for dinner on Saturday. We were very pleased with the knowledgeable staff and given excellent recommendations on delicious red and white wines by the glass. This was followed up with a moderately sized menu where we tried a number of different dishes, some of which were small plates and others full dinner size. We chose to eat family style so we were able to try a good variety from the menu. Each item was well thought out, presented beautifully and most importantly - delicious. We especially enjoyed the scallop small plate, shrimp small plate, quinoa small plate and the trout entree. I highly recommend this place. We'll be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotMollyDined on 3/21/2014This is a great spot for date night! Not too loud. Great food. Even better wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food & service!imcleverDined on 3/15/2014We cannot say enough about the food, wine and service at Blue Star. We met up with a group of college roommates and spouses and were treated with care and fun the entire time. The food and wine recommendations and explanations were spot-on and the food itself - small plates, large plates and desserts - were all extraordinary - far exceeding even the amazing expectations we had. The service was absolutely flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be Back!TPAtoORDDined on 3/14/2014Service was excellent; place fills up with reservations quickly. Easy access off of Division and tables are spaced far enough that you don't feel like you are cramped with your neighbors. Very astute server who helped us pace the meal appropriately given what we ordered and how we were progressing with our meal. The nutella balls were incredibly rich, but oh so good. Owner/manager was on point and definitely managing flow and guest expectations. Great visit and really recommend it for date night.Special Features:
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014The food and wine were all amazing---did an evening of small shared plates. Everything was so good we couldn't pick a favorite. Joe and the rest of the staff made the evening perfect for our anniversary. Antonio is so innovative! Try the bread pudding--one of the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so glad we wenthungryfamilyDined on 3/8/2014charming place with great food even greater service. Neighborhood feel. Can't recommend highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.