Blue Spruce Inn
20 Main St.
Frisco, CO 80443Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Blue Spruce Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebluespruce.com/
- Phone: (970) 668-5900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Patrick Sullivan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: The back bar was built in Brunswick, New York circa 1860 and transported to Denver, and then by wagon to Black Hawk, Colorado, where it was once part of the Royal Flush Saloon. The bar was brought from Black Hawk in some thirty-odd pieces and reassembled here in the Blue Spruce Inn. We have live entertainment on weekend evenings.
A word from Blue Spruce Inn
The Blue Spruce Inn has been a Summit County dining tradition since the 1940’s and was voted Best Restaurant and Saloon in Summit County in 2010. We offer fine dining in a rustic log cabin atmosphere. Our menu encompasses the best steak, seafood and wild game as well as kobe burgers in the saloon. The entire staff of The Blue Spruce Inn welcomes you, and hopes your visit will be most enjoyable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Blue Spruce Inn - Best Restaurants in Frisco ›
Blue Spruce Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (17)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A great dinner at The Blue SpruceKeithDined on 11/7/2014Have been to The Blue Spruce many times, one of our favorite in Frisco. The meal was excellent, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frisco FavoriteLoveColoradoVIPDined on 11/2/2014It is low season in Frisco right now, and many restaurants are closed or have limited menus. We were happy to find Blue Spruce open Sunday night. There were only two parties: us, and one other couple. I was apprehensive wondering how they could still provide good food and decent service, but they did! We ordered 6 oz filets, which came with a baked potato and crisp fresh green beans. The meat was great quality, and done as requested. Our server did an excellent job. Our only advice would be not to serve the dinner rolls that you can get from the grocery store freezer section, but go ahead and make sure you have some fresh baguettes or something. We were pleasantly surprised the menu still had much to offer, and did it well.Special Features:
- Yumname123Dined on 10/3/2014Great as always, food and service was amazing! I had the duck and my wife had the Mt. Royal steak.. Our server was awesome! Great mud poor dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STILL AS GOOD AS EVERTXTRAVELERS76262Dined on 10/3/2014BEEN GOING FOR YEARS, STIL PLAN ON IT. MENU IS GREAT AND "JAMIE" IS THE BEST !!!! NOT CHEAP BUT NOT OUT OF REACH FOR REGULAR FOLKS THAT APPRECIATE GOOD GOOD AND A NICE DINING EXPERIENCE. WILL CONTINUE TO VISIT BLUE SPRUCE EACH TIME WE COME BACK TO THE KEYSTONE AREA IN THE FALL. TEXAS TRAVELERSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, inefficient serviceTomx1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Best part was a few tasty appetizers. Worse part was the service. The wait staff tried, they ran around doing their job, but they are clearing understaffed. High prices for average value. This used to be a very nice quiet, quality place, but that was not evident this one evening. Most disappointing was the attitude of the wait staff who offered excuses instead of fixes to their mistakes. All in all, won't go back until I see the ratings improve.
- Always excellent!eltoroDined on 9/23/2014The Blue Spruce Inn is a charming log cabin restaurant that we always dine at when we are in Frisco. As always, our dinner and service was excellent! Our waiter, James, was not only very good and knowledgeable, he was also very entertaining. Whenever we return to Frisco, we will be sure to dine at the Blue Spruce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- T3WdiningDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went for steak and both of us were so pleased. Great food and even good value for filet's. Not cheap, but it's not over priced either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerOVERTHEMOON1966Dined on 9/20/2014Thought we would try something new this time while staying in Frisco for dinner. It was our anniversary so we wanted something nice. We were seated right away. Decor was old/cabin like. We were seated in a small dining room. Our waiter was great. I ordered the steak Diane and my husband had the elk madallions which he had to send back because they were tuff... Our waiter handled the matter with class and a bit of humor. My husband's second choice was the salmon Oscar which was good. My meal was very tasty. It was a nice place to try but I do not think that it will be our "go to place" for a nice dinner when visiting Frisco.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice old historic InnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014A beautiful little restaurant . Very cozy with excellent service, food and ambiance. History with Frisco and Old Dillon make it a special place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Anniversary meal while in Frisco.MarkWDined on 8/16/2014Great meal and a great place to have a romantic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Appetizer1TravelingFoodieDined on 8/5/2014The mussels in garlic, cream, and wine sauce were a fine meal when accompanied by the garlic bread. Use the table served bread basket or order more garlic bread to sop up and fully enjoy all of fabulous sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frisco InstitutioninfromtheburbsDined on 7/25/2014The Blue Spruce Inn continues to put forth the best in Colorado dining. The menu is heavy on steaks, but now includes Elk. Three versions of trout are available and the blue cheese with trout was excellent. As owners of VRBO24210 at Copper Mtn. we recommend our favorite spots to guests and their menu is in our guide.Special Features:
- The following 169 reviews are from the Blue Spruce Inn reviews archive.
- good for dinnertravelrDined on 7/20/2014We went to hear Do-op but the bar was full so we had dinner. Dining room and bar are separated so it was quiet. Food was plentiful and good. Service was very good without being fawning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodSusicutieDined on 7/10/2014We were seated next to the window. I ordered buffalo short ríbs and my his and ordered boar chops in a wine reduction. I am not much for Wild Gámez but both were delicious. Good wine selection.Special Features:
- in town on a whimOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We decided on dinner based on internet ratings. We took advantage of two dinners for $95 with wine voucher in the late eve and ordered surf and turf-- Two of everything including apps and dessert was more than enough food we actually turned back one dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family dinnerkerriVIPDined on 6/22/2014Was one of the best meals we had with our boys - diverse menu and very good serviceSpecial Features:
- wonderful experienceNetterDined on 6/14/2014we took our daughter and son-in-law there to celebrate their anniversary. The menu is very good, the service was great and the food was outstanding. two of us had the prime rib the queens are very generous and delicious. Another person had the elk medallions and really enjoyed them. A fourth person had the salmon oscar and it was outstanding. I would recommend are any of these to anyone. This was all topped off by a cozy western ambience.Special Features:
- excellent68buffsDined on 6/7/2014We first dined here about 30 years ago. This was our 3rd time here. I know this has to be different ownership? but the quality is still the same. We are from Ks. hence the few times here. I had the filet and lobster and my wife had the trout. Our meals were cooked to perfection with service to match. Good wine and vodka tonic pour. Right on Main St in downtown Frisco.Special Features:
- Good Mother's Day DinnerAshleyDined on 5/10/2014Went to the Blue Spruce Inn for Mother's Day dinner. The restaurant was almost empty because it was mud season. But the food was good and the ambience was nice. We were seated right by the fireplace. Beautiful presentation of food. We did order mussels that were not quite hot enough but still had great flavor. They had a dinner for two option that was a great deal: appetizer, 2 filets with lobster tails, dessert and $20 towards wine for $95. Also, had a gluten free menu which was nice.Special Features:
- Good Steak and Potatoes restaurantdeerchickiDined on 5/3/2014Good place to eat - we asked around when we got into Frisco and this was one that came up that would have a good steak/potatoes meal. We both ordered steak (one with lobster, one with crab legs), and both meals were good and well seasoned. Tables are close to each other, so the cranky neighbors next to us took away from the ambiance, but overall good location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014We went for our anniversary. The setting was cozy and pleasant. The mussels as an appetizer was outstanding! We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerFencingDuoDined on 3/29/2014We have a house in Frisco and this is my son's favorite restaurant, so it was an easy pick for his birthday! Always consistently good, although portions are getting smaller. For the prices, would be nice to get a salad as a starter, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful experienceJeannieVIPDined on 3/26/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Blue Spruce Inn. We were a group of nine and got the opportunity to sit upstairs next to the closet where the "ghost" resides. We felt like we had the undivided attention of our server James and were entertained by him all evening. The food was delicious and served promptly - not easy for a group. Definitely will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife wanted to order primecharlieDined on 3/25/2014My wife wanted to order prime rib and they were out?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dining experience.CageDined on 3/24/2014This is a nice restaurant with great service. It's among the finest in Frisco. We reccomend you give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in FriscoforestloverDined on 3/22/2014We really enjoyed the Blue Spruce Inn restaurant. We first sat by the fireplace and had drinks in the bar. Our waitress was excellence and our food was very good. Our only complaint was that it took about 40 minutes for our food to arrive after we ordered. According to the waitress, our order came in behind a large group. All in all, we really enjoyed the meal and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed, but would go againKenoshasamDined on 3/22/2014Over the years we have frequented the Blue Spruce Inn. This is a place for special occassions, to enjoy a wonderful meal. However, our latest visit was disappointing. We both ordered the 8oz prime rib, cooked medium. It came to us "medium well". I did not report the overcooked meal to our server, I should have. The tomato basil soup was outstanding! Next visit I will make sure that our meal is prepared as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealSkiGirlDined on 3/8/2014We had a wonderful meal. The steak was cooked perfectly and was flavorful. Save room for desert the creme brûlée and cheesecake are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of our favoriteCarolynDined on 2/27/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants, we like the log cabin feel as well as friendliness and ability to meet my gluten free needs with food. They were very busy and our red trout was too well done, but we enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frisco GemColoradojewelDined on 2/22/2014Always love to stop in at the "Spruce." Great food, wait staff and a great bar to hang out in!Special Features:
- This is a very nice placeSteveVIPDined on 2/16/2014This is a very nice place in Frisco and very quaint. A very nice place to go.Special Features:
- Rustic and cozyrrapDined on 2/16/2014Cozy, rustic ambience reminiscent of a classic north woods supper club (I'm from the Midwest) I started off with lobster bisque which combined great flavor a bit of chowdery texture. We both had the roast duck with a sweet chipotle sauce and it was excellent. Finished off with an amazing raspberry bread pudding. The staff was warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABOVE AVERAGE LOCALOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Food was good, i had Elk Medallions, my wife had Lamb Steaks. Waitress was pleasant but not familiar with specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in FriscoJimODined on 2/15/2014The Blue Spruce is our favorite fine dining restaurant in Frisco CO. It is a little spendy but so worth the money. Food is always excellent and service is top rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asked for a table by the fireplace,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Asked for a table by the fireplace, did not get it. There was a table that sat empty by the fireplace the whole time we had dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceBoca2350Dined on 2/14/2014Had a very nice valentine dinner. I had the trout almondine and my husband got the pork chop. Both were delicious. Also enjoyed the mango cobbler a la mode.Special Features:
- End Cut424BullElkDined on 2/5/2014Small special get together. Everyone in our group loved their meal. I had the 12oz Prime Rib "end cut" that was outstanding. The wine list was small but with a good selection. Will return again.Special Features:
- TerribleEaterDined on 1/25/2014Hostess was so rude. Despite the empty tables downstairs she stuck us in the corner in the totally empty upstairs. Then when we asked to move she was hostile and unbelievably rude. I would never return
- Great mealFoodloverDined on 1/24/2014The Mt Royal steak was outstanding! Love the flavor mix of the blue cheese and the sauce and our waiter, Daven, was most attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Spruce is LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014Me and my group went here to celebrate my mom's birthday. The waiter was very nice and the food was great! I would recommend this to everyone staying in Frisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.