Blue Smoke Battery Park City
255 Vesey Street
New York, NY 10282Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Blue Smoke Battery Park City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluesmoke.com/
- Phone: 2128892005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Ken Callaghan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barbecue and Beyond
From a take-out meal for one to a working team lunch to a catered white linen affair, Blue Smoke Catering offers the same delicious real pit barbecue and regional American fare you've come to expect from our restaurant. Choose among a selection of hors d'oeuvres (devilled eggs to oysters on the half shell), seasonal sides, signature cocktails and irresistible home-style desserts.
Our warm and friendly team will create a memorable experience for you and your guests, with every detail thoughtfully considered.
- Cross Street: North End Avenue & West Street
- Public Transit: We are located at 255 Vesey Street between North End Avenue and West Street (West Side Highway). You can take the E train to the World Trade Center stop and proceed west towards the West Side Highway. You can also take the 2 or 3 trains to the Park Place stop and walk west along Park Place to Murray Street. Continue across West Side Highway.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There are two parking garages within walking distance to the restaurant. Both are located on River Terrace, just west of Vesey street. The first is 2 River Terrace and the second is 20 River Terrace. There is street parking available on North End Avenue as well as Vesey Street after 6:00pm.
A word from Blue Smoke Battery Park City
Widely credited as the founder of New York City’s barbecue movement, Blue Smoke celebrates the evolving American South while honoring its culinary traditions. Executive Chef Kenny Callaghan’s menu combines homestyle comfort with culinary finesse. Classic and specialty cocktails, an extensive American craft beer list, bourbon and American wines complete the experience.Continued
The downtown location of Blue Smoke opened in December 2012. The flagship Blue Smoke, with the club Jazz Standard, is located on East 27th Street in New York City.
The downtown location of Blue Smoke opened in December 2012. The flagship Blue Smoke, with the club Jazz Standard, is located on East 27th Street in New York City.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Blue Smoke Battery Park City - Best Restaurants in Battery Park ›
Blue Smoke Battery Park City reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (61)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (42)kid-friendly (39)great for outdoor dining (38)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (19)great for brunch (16)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (10)romantic (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- better than i remembermarissaDined on 9/16/2014was last here ~2 years ago & the menu has since changed... went away from the norm & had the fried chicken & biscuits - PHENOM! gave the service a 2 b/c our particular waitress had 0 personality, but anyone else who brought things by was lovely!Special Features:
- High In Taste, Low In ValueRyanTVDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic barbecue is one of those things that you'd never expect to find so much of in NYC. Yet, it is here. All over the place, really. Danny Meyer's upscale BBQ joint, Blue Smoke, is no exception. It's a beautiful, modern restaurant with friendly service and excellent food. The only real problem I have is the cost. Now, I'm not shy about spending some coin on a great meal, but I want to feel like there is some value there. One way that a BBQ place can do that is by giving healthy servings, something that Blue Smoke doesn't do. Keep it mind, you won't leave hungry, but their ala carte menu nickles and dimes you into a $100 check with not so much as a leftover lunch extra. It's good, but you can find better BBQ values all around The City.Special Features:
- great southern style barbecueDougHDined on 9/11/2014Combine great barbecue and classic southern sides with a very fine selection of various whiskeys, beers, and wines, and you have Blue Smoke. We have a regular meeting here on Thursday evenings. from late spring to early fall.Special Features:
- always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014This was my second time here and it never disappoints. The service is top notch and the food absolutely delicious. The restaurant is beautiful and the bathrooms are always clean. I will keep coming back here :)Special Features:
- New menu--Will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/7/2014I was really bummed to return to this restaurant where we have previous enjoyed many meals with our kids and other families. The menu has completely changed--there are many fewer options. My favorite veggie burger is off the menu. The new "seasonal" menu is much more expensive and the food is much less interesting! None of the $20+ entrees even come with side dishes! Instead, they come garnished with giant over-grown pieces of white bread??!!? I will not be returning again, which is unfortunate bc this was one of my favorite spots.Special Features:
- New menuDedaDined on 9/6/2014We have been eating here since it opened. There is a new chef and a new menu. The problem is it is a really short menu and most of the more economical items are gone No burger - No salad - No veggie burger - the more expensive items remain but they are served alone and you have to pay for any side. I had the beef brisket served with two slices of white bread - seriously no vegetable no potato, no butter even for the bread - so it now costs much more to dine here.Special Features:
- poor service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014we were served by a grumpy waiter that did not make us feel welcome at all. We hade beed recommended this place and i choose this restaurant for my husbands birthday to make it special. we did not expect anything fancy at all regarding his birthday(that i notifided in advance), but i think it would be better to not get anything than the scoup of icecream the waiter throuhg on the table. The attitude on the waiter is not what you expect when you go to a restaurant!
- No more garden burgers?!?serenarasDined on 9/1/2014Your place had the best garden burger in Battery Park City and Tribeca. The veggie skewer didn't have any protein or anything exciting to it. Watermelon salad not good without the cheese I guess. Too bad. Loved the place for vegan, (hubby and me), and non vegan, (kids), before. Won't be back.Special Features:
- WendyDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent - we enjoyed everything from appetizers to dessert BUT the music was far too loud for the size of the room. Thankfully the musicians weren't playing for out entire meal but when they were, it was very difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting but mediocre foodsjgkmgVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were excited to dine here because of the good reviews but our dishes were just mediocre. We each started with the summer corn soup which was sweet, creamy and very good. My husband had the rare seared yellow fin and I ordered the pan seared chicken breast. Both dishes were under seasoned and bland. Neither of us wanted to try any of the desserts. Earlier in the day we mentioned to the owner of a local winery where we were dining and he tried to warn us by recommending other restaurants, wish I had listened.Special Features:
- taskmasterDined on 8/27/2014We haven't eaten at Blue Smoke in years - had frequented the one in Murray Hill. It is still excellent and fun. The only disappointment was the Pie du Jour, which should have been warmed before being served. We should have stuck with our original thought, which was the Chocolate Cake, but the waiter insisted we would love the pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great ServiceSkippyDined on 8/17/2014In all the time we've eaten at Blue Smoke this was the first time I can say that the the waitress was not good at all we were very surprisedSpecial Features:
- delicious and accomodatingdebachelorpartyDined on 8/16/2014Great place for a bachelor party. Delicious bbq and a fun bourbon flight. Excellent place for a group of 8 - and did i mention it was delicious?! Great BBQ in new york city!Special Features:
- 2 thumbs up 4 twice the fungoodfood2Dined on 8/14/2014I can't wait to visit this hot spot with great food again. Thanks Open TableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration w/co-workersgustoDined on 8/13/2014The BBQ at Blue Smoke is always outstanding. If you are looking for smoked BBQ, excellent drinks and overall tasty comfort food...this is the place. For six people, we shared four appetizers which was more than enough. Everyone ordered their meals and drinks. The ambiance was great and celebration was perfect. The sour cherry crumble pie with home made vanilla bean ice cream was OUTSTANDING. The different flavors, sweet, tangy, sour, velvety, melt in your mouth goodness....hope they do this more often :)Special Features:
- 2 thumbs up 4 twice the fungoodfood2Dined on 8/11/2014The food was soooo good I went twice week during restaurant week and brought another friend to check out this happening spot in Battery Park City. The Chipotle wings flavored and cooked just right, fried bread hot and buttery and that great combo of toffee syrup or chitpole butter spread, ribs that fall right off the bone and melt right in your mouth, coleslaw that looks like saurekraut but went so well with my mac n cheese, and the chocolate cake with cold milk to complete this great meal. mmm goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome NYC Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Wife and I had an amazing at lunch...between the scrumptious apps and lunch entree we barely had room for dessert. Overall the deviled eggs and chipotle wings were a super start to the meal followed by the mouth melting brisket and super tasty ribs finished by a fruity dessert finish. Not to mention that the beer flight was well chosen complimentary addition to the meal plus wifey really enjoyed her blood orange margarita. Definitely a must visit.Special Features:
- A Conrad hotel-9/11 memorial spotKillerqueenVIPDined on 8/9/2014We stayed for the weekend at the Conrad-it's right around the corner. Went to the 9/11 memorial-2 blocks away. This is a step up from your "typical" BBQ place. Very nice atmosphere, good service, great food!Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceCloujaDined on 8/9/2014I was on a calorie restrictive diet and the knowledgeable server was able to tell me exactly how the smoked trout and black eyes peas special was prepared so I didn't wreak havoc on my detox. And dish was superb to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MnddDined on 8/8/2014The band outside made for a non-talking dinner but food was great, price was right next time we will check and go when it is quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible food and valueDantrag0Dined on 8/8/2014I am a native Texan, yet I've always been satisfied with brisket and other varieties of beef in bbq form throughout Manhattan. Blue Smoke has nothing good to say. It is overpriced and the food is the worst example of it's kind. I say this without hyperbole. Worst bbq in 10 years and overpriced. Try Hill Country Barbecue.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Hands down the best ribs I ever had! Will go again soon! Also fantastic service. Overall a great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKFoodFindingsDined on 8/5/2014While the food wasn't necessarily bad, it definitely wasn't exceptional. We ordered a rib sampler, and although two of the sampled ribs were described as slathered in sauce, they were just about the driest things we've ever eaten. In fact, the Texas dry-rub ribs were by far the tastiest and least dry. Additionally, most side portions are small. The iceberg wedge is nothing like the kind you get in steakhouses. I think the item cost $12, and was by far the least bang for your buck. Sweet potato wedges were great, but it's only one potato cut up in to 4 pieces. Service was great, and our server was always looking. Our rib sampler was pre-divided, which was nice of our server. You get 5 ribs each for $38 - expensive for mediocre food.Special Features:
- muilocovoreDined on 8/2/2014Great ribs, and sides were outstanding! Service excellent.Special Features:
- Just Great!Juice312Dined on 8/1/2014Absolutely amazing meal. Had the chicken wings to start, brisket as an entree, and the chocolate cake to finish it off. Each dish was fantastic. The service was phenomenal. Shayne was our waiter. He knew all and was very outgoing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for RibsBostonVisitorDined on 8/1/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner the other night. We loved the hush puppy and wings for appetizers. The pulled pork and rib sampler were both delicious. Didn't love the beans or the slaw but they made a good mac and cheese side and the sweet potatoes were very yummy. We tried 4 different desserts and loved all of them. The Key Lime pie was just the right combination of sweetness and tartness. The chocolate layer cake came with a little glass of milk and the special dessert, which they gave us complimentary was delicious. It was a chocolate silk cake drizzled with caramel. Our waiter provided outstanding service making sure he checked in frequently, refilled soda's without us asking, and knowledgeable about menu choices.Special Features:
- BBQ in Battery Park CitywherejceatsDined on 8/1/2014If your'e looking for some bbq in the Battery Park City neighborhood, then look no further than Blue Smoke. Friendly service. Good food. You can't lose.Special Features:
- good experiencesilverwingDined on 7/31/2014The service was excellent, friendly and attentive. The chocolate layer cake was awesome.Special Features:
- Chocolate Cake & MIlk - To Die For!AlegriaDined on 7/29/2014As an appetizer my friend and I shared deviled eggs and the BBQ chicken wings. They were fabulous! For lunch, I had the brisket which was good, but a little fatty and my friend had the smoked chicken with mashed potatoes. Her meal was perfectly delicious. And for dessert we shared the chocolate cake with milk and the key lime pie (which she took home to enjoy later). Oh. My. Gosh! That chocolate cake was delicious! I may go back for dessert!Special Features:
- Great service!PamelaDined on 7/27/2014Four of us sat outside last Sunday and tried several appetizers, including the shrimp, the fry bread (great!) and the toasted ravioli. The table had a combo of the marbled brisket, a rib sampler and another sampler that included the pulled pork and sausage and some ribs. All dishes were really good and the sides were great too. The best thing about the restaurant however, was our very caring, kind server Jordan. Our party included two handicapped individuals and he went the extra mile to make their experience so positive and happy. We will be back again because of Jordan's kind service.Special Features:
- Excellent BBQAnnieBDined on 7/26/2014Really enjoyed our meal at Blue Smoke. Tasty food and beverages. Nice sauce options. Sides are big enough to share.Special Features:
- Recommend Wings and DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014I went with a co-worker and we really enjoyed the wings and chocolate cake.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE11EricDined on 7/23/2014THIS WAS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS LOCATION, I AM QUITE FAMILIAR WITH THE ORIGINAL ONE. I BROUGHT A GIRLFRIEND HERE FOR A RESTUARANT WEEK LUNCH & SHE WAS DELIGHTED. I LOVE THE RENOVATION & THE DECOR, WHICH WAS ONCE CHEVY'S - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best beef ribs ever!EJG05Dined on 7/21/2014Went with entire family for lunch. The ribs were great--all types were "tested"--beef, baby back, spare, etc. The only complaint by one member, was that things were a bit too smokey for their taste. I loved it all. Good beer list--tough to drink good wine with BBQ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebzyVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was a great lunch place for some good barbeque. Good waiter, attentive and explained all the dishes and ways to order. Had a reservation and was seated immediately by the open doors.Special Features:
- Great BBQLuv2grillDined on 7/17/2014The N. Carolina style pulled pork is great. The homemade coleslaw is the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Fabulousmomof3Dined on 7/14/2014We went for lunch with 5 kids and it was fantastic. Staff was so helpful and the food was delicious. Fry Bread was heavenly and, of course, the kids loved decorating cookies. Would definitely go again!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic service!foxinncDined on 7/3/2014We wanted something relaxed but interesting and Blue Smoke got our July 4th weekend off to a great start! Rumor has it that the fried bread will only be around for a little longer, so definitely try it to start. The ribs were delicious. Service was great! We'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbecue on the HudsonGolem212VIPDined on 6/28/2014Blue Smoke Battery Park City looks as if it were air-dropped from a them park in Orlando. The faux smokehouse atmosphere is sort of phony, but the barbecue is quite good, and the choice of sauces more than adequate. One complaint: the pulled pork platter suffers from serving the pork itself on an uninspired slap of white bread. Sides are ample and tasty, and a wide choice of beers and whiskeys add up to a good--if not great--barbecue experience. Note: for those with gluten or nut alleges, the menu clearly identifies nut free and gluten free choices, which is very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Absolutely Horrible!LadyJVIPDined on 6/18/2014We came here here after going to the 911 Memorial & Museum. Everything was absolutely horrible, from the service which was slow as molasses (despite us being the only ones seated in the dining area) to the food which was over-smoked and luke-warm. Our waitress informed us that this was "the manager's last day as she had enough of the restaurant business & was going to take a desk job." I could see why after working at this place! It took forever to get our appetizers which came out one by one. Then we had another long wait before we got our entrees. I can honestly say this was the first time ever that both my brother & husband didn't finish. I was very embarrassed because I recommended this place. I'll never make this mistake again.