Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
290 Macon Ave
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.groveparkinn.com/blue-ridge-dining-room
- Phone: 8004385800x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Sunday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Champagne Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Nick Blackshaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
- Private Party Contact: Colleen Sullivan 8282522711x7046
- Cross Street: Charlotte Street
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: As a Dining Guest, you receive three hours of Self-Parking with our compliments. If you prefer to utilize Valet Services, you may for a charge of $15.
Parking Rates*: Self-Parking: 0-3hrs, Complimentary, 3-6hrs $10, 6-24hrs $15, Valet: $15
* Holiday Parking will be in effect from Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 to Thursday, January 1st, 2015. It is a flat $10 per vehicle charge; half of each fee collected will be given to one of six local direct care non-profits.
A word from Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
The Blue Ridge Dining Room offers us what we love – plenty of great food, Southern hospitality and beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains! Open for breakfast, weekend dinner, and Sunday Champagne brunch, its culinary concept is best described as an elegant and local “Farm to Table American Buffet” featuring fresh and creative regional American Cuisine with Southern hospitality and beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Try the Blue Ridge Dining Room's award-winning Friday Night Seafood Buffet; Saturday Night Prime Rib Buffet and Sunday Champagne Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (82)special occasion (77)romantic (38)great for brunch (36)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (28)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We were celebrating three family birthdays in one week and decided to drive to Grove Park Inn this year for your special brunch. As usual the food, the friendly wait staff, spectacular view and attention paid to detail, made our birthdays memorable. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSuezqDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I had stayed many years ago when our children went to camp in Brevard.. This was the first time back in the newly renovated space The food was fabulous .. Selection and quality were amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday brunchMiscynthiaDined on 10/12/2014We came for brunch on a very busy weekend at the Inn, but even so, the food was plentiful and the service was excellent. Enjoy a complimentary mimosa while you're wait to be seated. Try the fried chicken and waffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Our first time at Grove Park Inn....what an incredible facility!!! Food was great, atmosphere was elegant, and the view was magnificent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downtownerDined on 10/10/2014A bit disappointed in food based on previous visits. The food displays are impressive and some choices quite good, others not...such as fried oysters, shrimp. Service attentive. The entire resort renovation is a vast improvement.Special Features:
- RaddadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Expansive upscale seafood buffet on Friday nights. Attractively presented on a number of spacious stations. Wide variety of interesting salads and soups, including a delicious cantaloupe and cream cold soup that was a perfect starter. The crab cakes actually contained lots of succulent crabmeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was great. Wait staff friendly and accommodating. We would definitely recommend the Blue Ridge Dining Room at the Omni Grove Park Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class food and scenery.Devin78Dined on 10/5/2014Recently my wife and I had brunch at the Blue Ridge Dining Room. We were met by an extremely friendly and helpful staff upon our arrival and given a mimosa to sip while we were ushered to our seats. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive in our experience. The food was excellent, the staff was top shelf, and the scenery was gorgeous. I would suggest visiting the Blue Ridge Dining Room to anyone looking for an experience that involves not only wonderful tastes and smells, but also spectacular views.Special Features:
- Dinner in the mountains.DOGWASHERDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I two best friends had one dinner and three breafast's at the Blue Ridge and couldn't say enough about it. We were all very pleased. Thanks for your guidance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Botched surprise!StressedDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating an engagement and went to a lot of trouble to try and surprise my son's fiancée. I explained all this to the hostess when I got there, as well as on the phone before we got there. We wanted his fiancée to think they were a party of two and be surprised that both sets of parents were there waiting to celebrate with them. And yet when they arrived, they said my name and asked if it was party of 6. THEN they did not bring them to our table but actually sat them at a table for 2. I don't understand why they didn't do as we asked or explained to all hostesses present so such an important surprise would not be ruined! Our wonderful waitress handled the mess-up and brought them to our table. The rest of the night was magical!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitty725Dined on 9/26/2014We had a 9 PM reservation and some of the food had been a bit picked over and not as fresh as I had wished -not sure why an earlier reservation could not be made -- there were only about 3 tables with guests . Not very busy so had time to speak with hosts at several stations --all seemed unhappy with thier jobs -- Sad - such a beautiful place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Ridge Friday Night BuffettonthemarkDined on 9/26/2014Friday nights at Blue Ridge offers the seafood buffett. All you can eat and very high end. Crab legs, shrimp, crab cakes and much more. There is even one room devoted to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood BuffetSeafoodLoverDined on 9/26/2014In addition to the fantastic views, the food was spectacular as always. If you love crab legs as I do, this is the place to go, as they offer them hot or cold. The oysters are also great. Good for non seafood lovers also as pork, chicken, and beef selections were offered. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014A wonderful evening was ruined by a nearby table with two very young noisy children who cried throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!scootermom22Dined on 9/20/2014The Blue Ridge was recommended by a friend, and what a friend he is. There was nothing out of place. Service, food, and view is an experience my husband and I will be back again to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the foodunimpressedDined on 9/20/2014I have been to the Grove Park for the Sat. night buffet to celebrate many special occasions over the years. I was very disappointed in the choice of food on the buffet and the quality of the food. We always enjoyed the prime rib and especially the ribs off of the meat. They do not serve it that way now. The prime rib was very rare and cold. They did put it in a pan to cook more and heat up but it was just not the same. They were especially proud of their pasta station. To be truthful I do not want to spend that kind of money for pasta.Special Features:
- Well done Grove ParkStanTDined on 9/13/2014This was our daughter's choice for her 16th birthday. She also invited a nice young man who wishes to court her. Thus, 16th birthday and first date so to speak. Very special We loved the big band music too - Hard to find these days. You'd be suprised how many young people like that music. So nice not to hear cheap rock or country music. Music definitely inlfuences the dining experience. Well done Gove Park. Thank you Robert for execellent service (; Grove Park has always been our Number 1 special events location. Note: Guests' evening dress attire needs to be addressed and posted. Should require at least collared shirt tucked into pants or slacks; no jeans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Views and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Prime Rib buffet on Saturday nights at the Blue Ridge Dining Hall at the Grove Park Inn is well worth the cost not just for the Prime Rib, but the great variety of well prepared salads and hot entrees, let alone the vast dessert selection. If you get a good table, the view just increases the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatgreerbeachDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at this restaurant but not our last! The Friday night seafood buffet was great. Everything was perfect! The food, the service, the view, etc. We celebrated my husbands 50th birthday and had a great time. Very relaxed, not rushed, can't remember the last time we spent 2 hours eating, talking & enjoying ourselves over a meal. Great, we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovingFoodInAshevilleDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food on the brunch buffet, a great Asheville experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous Sunday BrunchPerazzola1982Dined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing! There was such a big selection of foods to choose from and they did not disappoint. The view was breathtaking! I will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationfoodieturning40Dined on 8/30/2014We dined here with friends for a birthday celebration. We had spent an afternoon outdoors at the Biltmore Estate Outdoor Center and it was a nice relaxing evening. We think if we had eaten earlier the food would have been a little better. It was later in the evening and we know it is hard to keep food fresh on a buffet. It was a great end to a busy day. The hotel is beautiful, and we visited Elaine's Piano Bar after supper. It was FABULOUS!! Highly recommend it for a fun night with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fri/Sat PM buffet is outstandingAntonEgoDined on 8/30/2014Our family has been to the Friday night or Saturday night buffet several times in the past and those experiences have been good. Now (apparently due to the Omni upgrades) the buffet is outstanding. In fact, our family agreed it was the best buffet experience we have had anywhere. The quality of the selections as well as the creativity and originality was surprising and satisfying. There were numerous selections that we have never seen on any buffet elsewhere and not a single one was disappointing or even average. And when you combine the buffet with the mountain vista views in the dining area, we could not give a higher recommendation. The buffet is certainly not inexpensive, but we plan to return on special occasions during the year.Special Features:
- shortieDined on 8/29/2014Had a wonderful time celebrating our 50th anniversary. The seafood buffet was nicely varied but if I were to do it again, I would stick to the cold seafood room. Fish was a bit dry in the hot room. Salads were wonderful and the desserts to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Blue Ridge extravaganzatherovinggourmetVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Sunday Brunch at the Blue Ridge Dining Room is an experience not to be missed. With the backdrop of the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains, the brunch offers three rooms of delights, ranging from custom-made bloody marys and amazing desserts to seafood and meats (smoked and roasted/grilled), vegetables and all the standard as well as non-traditional brunch treats. Met with a Mimosa, you're free to indulge to your hearts content. What a visual and culinary experience! As a final treat, walk thru the beautiful lobby and grounds of the Grove Park Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ControllerDined on 8/23/2014The food is always wonderful. Your staff is the friendlyest I have dealt with in a long time. If you were closer to me, I would ask for a job. Working with people like that must be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful views and relaxed settingwncmountainsDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I ate here Friday evening for my birthday. We had a window table a view of the City of Asheville and the surrounding mountains and the sunset was outstanding. They have the seafood buffet on Fridays, with seafood, salads, soup, and desserts. They do have a stations with chefs cooking pasta, mussels, banana foster, and beef in addition to all the other self serve items. We loved the relaxed atmosphere and took our time enjoying the food and the views, we were there about two hours. After we finished eating we went back to the main lobby/grand hall and listened to live music. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok - not really even okSquishyraspberriesDined on 8/17/2014We had our wedding dinner there 17 years ago after eloping in downtown A-ville. So... we decided to go back (been living out of the country for about 15 years). It was nice at first. We were excited with being there again. But as the excitement wore off, reality sank in and we realized the food quality was just not that great. When living in Utah, each Thanksgiving, we would have dinner at Sundance and the quality of food is many times better than the Grove Park. I really think that Omni has hurt this place. We remembered the old Grove Park that didn't take up the whole side of Town Mountain. We spent a lot of time up there on the veranda, the golf course and just around that area and it is just over done now. What a shame.Special Features:
- 60th Birthday Party was a SuccessjeffsnightoutDined on 8/16/2014Held my wife's 60th Birthday Party in the Blue Ridge on a Saturday night. 19 adults and 2 children. The party was a great success due to great buffet, great service, and beautiful facility. I would recommend this dining room.Special Features:
- cuisinequeenDined on 8/16/2014Delightful and delicious evening. Our waiter Jason went above and beyond to make our evening special. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating, very aware that dining in the Blue Ridge is a special occasion for most of their customers, and they all were so friendly, helpful and all had a great sense of humor they shared with the clients. Definitely recommend dining here, especially on Friday for the seafood buffet or Saturday for the prime rib buffet. The selection of salads, meats, vegetables, desserts... outstanding. Something for everyone for sure!!!Special Features:
- Near perfect!HappyCamperDined on 8/16/2014We had the Prime Rib Buffet and the main event was perfect. Great food and a beautiful setting with friendly and attentive service made for a great birthday evening. I highly recommend this for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining!expectthebestDined on 8/16/2014Everything about our dining experience was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GROVE PARK INN SEAFOOD BUFFETNANADined on 8/15/2014This is THE SPOT for a special occasion! Our waiter, Julian, was THE BEST - attentive not obtrusive - expert and so delightful. Our meal was superb. The chef even prepared an exquisite and delicious vegan meal for me. The views could not be better. The seafood buffet is a jewel. Don't miss this wonderful dining experience. You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40thannivDined on 8/10/2014When trying to decide what to do for our 40th wedding anniversary, we both came up with having brunch at Grove Park Inn. It was easy to make the reservation on line. We requested a table by the window since it was our anniversary. We were seated at the time of our reservation, and by a window. Our server, Kaitlin S, was very attentive and friendly. And the food was excellent. It was an excellent way to celebrate this special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grove Park Inn - WonderfulAnniversaryDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary in the Blue Ridge dining room of the Grove Park Inn. It was Friday night and the cuisine was the seafood buffet. What a wonderful feast! The food was terrific, the service was wonderful and the ambiance was amazing. What a great place for a special occasion .Special Features:
- Blue Ridge diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic views, great food and better wine. Our group of 4 came on a Friday and you had the seafood buffet. wow the food was far more than expected each course was better than the next. It was also my wife's birthday and you prepared a special chocolate surprise for her. Very much appreciated. The servers were very attentive, kept the plates cleared and folded our napkins every time we left for additional plates of food. Believe me when I'm back in Asheville, I'll be back here.Special Features:
- Best Sunday Brunch in Town !javierdeviajeDined on 8/3/2014Heve been a number of times to the sunday brunch before and after the acquisition of the Grove Park Inn by Omni, either on our own with my wide as well as with family, friends and business visitors. Sunday Brunch has always been a success with newcomers. Since the acquisition by Omni, buffet contents has improved both in selection, quality and variety. One thing remains unchanged and this is the best service by far in the area. Being taken care of by Jose or Laura is an authentic pleasure, both our guests as my wife and myself felt treated like royalty. The recently added Eggs Benedict station is a hit in our opinion (before it was less than so-so) a nice addition. Congratulations and keep up the good job!Special Features:
- PerfectNicksDined on 8/3/2014As always the food was perfect and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, the buffet was expansive and oh so good. The prime rib melted in your mouth. Our server Justin was attentive and even brought us a toast of champagne for our anniversary. The view is remarkable. We will definitely go back next time in areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NobbyDined on 8/1/2014Have visited many times in he past 20 years. This was the second time visiting since the change of management to Omni.It is very obvuious the focus has shifted from the guest to the Omni bottom line. Very disappointing ,another US tradition bites the dust.Special Features: