Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
290 Macon Ave
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.groveparkinn.com/blue-ridge-dining-room
- Phone: (800) 438-5800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Sunday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Champagne Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Nick Blackshaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Omni Grove Park Inn
- Private Party Contact: Colleen Sullivan 8282522711x7046
- Cross Street: Charlotte Street
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: As a Dining Guest, you receive three hours of Self-Parking with our compliments. If you prefer to utilize Valet Services, you may for a charge of $15.
Parking Rates*: Self-Parking: 0-3hrs, Complimentary, 3-6hrs $10, 6-24hrs $15, Valet: $15
* Holiday Parking will be in effect from Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 to Thursday, January 1st, 2015. It is a flat $10 per vehicle charge; half of each fee collected will be given to one of six local direct care non-profits.
A word from Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
The Blue Ridge Dining Room offers us what we love – plenty of great food, Southern hospitality and beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains! Open for breakfast, weekend dinner, and Sunday Champagne brunch, its culinary concept is best described as an elegant and local “Farm to Table American Buffet” featuring fresh and creative regional American Cuisine with Southern hospitality and beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Try the Blue Ridge Dining Room's award-winning Friday Night Seafood Buffet; Saturday Night Prime Rib Buffet and Sunday Champagne Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)special occasion (85)great for brunch (49)romantic (42)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good but not outstanding this timekjkjDined on 11/15/2014We had an 8:30 reservation which was apparently the last booked for that night. The hostess was stuck listening to the life story of a customer who had finished dinner so we had to wait to be seated. Once seated, we waited about 7 minutes for someone to take a drink order. The room only had about 5 tables other than ours so there was no reason for the inattentive service. We got our food from the buffet but still had no drinks. We got them shortly after asking a second time. After that, the waiter was very attentive and pleasant. The food was good but would likely have been better earlier in the night. I skipped several items because they looked to have been sitting a little too long. The prime rib was excellent and could be cut with a fork - very enjoyable. My husband also greatly enjoyed the bananas foster and some duck confit tacos. I'm sure we will return and will be sure to make an earlier reservation next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining room for a celebration!bobbyyDined on 11/15/2014The Blue Ridge Dining room buffet is a great place to have a nice celebration dinner for any event. The food is good and there's a hue variety of dishes. The desserts are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of foodBeaufortRunnerDined on 11/14/2014There was a lot of seafood entrees on the buffet but no beef. Maybe it was seafood night, I didn't ask. The collards were cold and some of the entrees were not hot but just barely warm. I didn't try the pasta station because I already eaten some of most of the other items on the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchuniquefoodie4Dined on 11/9/2014The atmosphere and food was fantastic. The view was gorgeous and the tour was well done. Despite a reservation, we had to wait. Our server had too many tables and was not able to attend to us in the timely manner as previous times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceSunshineStateDined on 11/7/2014We always bring friends to Blue Ridge Dining when we're in Asheville. Blue Ridge Dining never fails to impress our guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningHalleDined on 11/1/2014Magnificent choice of food - great wine list. Delightful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewPJK4Dined on 10/26/2014The presentation allowed for an easy flow, incorporating an abundant selection that was fresh and delicious. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding Brunch!SusanBDined on 10/26/2014The Sunday Brunch at The Grove Park Inn is outstanding! There is so much variety in the kinds of food avaiable and everything we sampled was delicious. The mimosas/champagne is included so it is not necessary to spend another $13-$14 on a Bloody Mary!Special Features:
- Enjoy the View!NYTarheelDined on 10/25/2014This is a lovely scenic venue to enjoy the mountains while you dine. The food just okay (for the price). I came here several years ago and the food was much better (return-worthy). This buffet is pretty extensive, the presentation is exquisite, but the food is just so-so. It's a step up from your average buffet, but a step down from the menu service they used to have. It is, however, diverse enough that everyone in your party could find something they like and would probably really enjoy at least one thing they sampled. I was looking for the shrimp and grits which were great off the menu last time, but it did not appear on the brunch or dinner buffet which changes in selection frequently. Caveat emptor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodDined on 10/24/2014Food is wonderful. You can eat everything. It is nice having a few people at stations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a spread !!BlazerBerryDined on 10/19/2014My wife and I went to Sunday brunch to celebrate both of my in-laws' birthdays, which are only a few days apart from each other. The setting was magnificent with a spectacular view and dining room setting. The food selections were numerous and were of exquisite quality. Oftentimes buffet offerings can be of substandard quality, but this certainly was not the case here. The server was also very good and the whole experience could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappybirthdaysDined on 10/19/2014We were celebrating three family birthdays in one week and decided to drive to Grove Park Inn this year for your special brunch. As usual the food, the friendly wait staff, spectacular view and attention paid to detail, made our birthdays memorable. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSuezqDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I had stayed many years ago when our children went to camp in Brevard.. This was the first time back in the newly renovated space The food was fabulous .. Selection and quality were amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The best buffet you'll ever lay eyes and mouth on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday brunchMiscynthiaDined on 10/12/2014We came for brunch on a very busy weekend at the Inn, but even so, the food was plentiful and the service was excellent. Enjoy a complimentary mimosa while you're wait to be seated. Try the fried chicken and waffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Our first time at Grove Park Inn....what an incredible facility!!! Food was great, atmosphere was elegant, and the view was magnificent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downtownerDined on 10/10/2014A bit disappointed in food based on previous visits. The food displays are impressive and some choices quite good, others not...such as fried oysters, shrimp. Service attentive. The entire resort renovation is a vast improvement.Special Features:
- RaddadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Expansive upscale seafood buffet on Friday nights. Attractively presented on a number of spacious stations. Wide variety of interesting salads and soups, including a delicious cantaloupe and cream cold soup that was a perfect starter. The crab cakes actually contained lots of succulent crabmeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was great. Wait staff friendly and accommodating. We would definitely recommend the Blue Ridge Dining Room at the Omni Grove Park Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class food and scenery.Devin78Dined on 10/5/2014Recently my wife and I had brunch at the Blue Ridge Dining Room. We were met by an extremely friendly and helpful staff upon our arrival and given a mimosa to sip while we were ushered to our seats. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive in our experience. The food was excellent, the staff was top shelf, and the scenery was gorgeous. I would suggest visiting the Blue Ridge Dining Room to anyone looking for an experience that involves not only wonderful tastes and smells, but also spectacular views.Special Features:
- Dinner in the mountains.DOGWASHERDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I two best friends had one dinner and three breafast's at the Blue Ridge and couldn't say enough about it. We were all very pleased. Thanks for your guidance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Botched surprise!StressedDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating an engagement and went to a lot of trouble to try and surprise my son's fiancée. I explained all this to the hostess when I got there, as well as on the phone before we got there. We wanted his fiancée to think they were a party of two and be surprised that both sets of parents were there waiting to celebrate with them. And yet when they arrived, they said my name and asked if it was party of 6. THEN they did not bring them to our table but actually sat them at a table for 2. I don't understand why they didn't do as we asked or explained to all hostesses present so such an important surprise would not be ruined! Our wonderful waitress handled the mess-up and brought them to our table. The rest of the night was magical!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitty725Dined on 9/26/2014We had a 9 PM reservation and some of the food had been a bit picked over and not as fresh as I had wished -not sure why an earlier reservation could not be made -- there were only about 3 tables with guests . Not very busy so had time to speak with hosts at several stations --all seemed unhappy with thier jobs -- Sad - such a beautiful place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Ridge Friday Night BuffettonthemarkDined on 9/26/2014Friday nights at Blue Ridge offers the seafood buffett. All you can eat and very high end. Crab legs, shrimp, crab cakes and much more. There is even one room devoted to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood BuffetSeafoodLoverDined on 9/26/2014In addition to the fantastic views, the food was spectacular as always. If you love crab legs as I do, this is the place to go, as they offer them hot or cold. The oysters are also great. Good for non seafood lovers also as pork, chicken, and beef selections were offered. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014A wonderful evening was ruined by a nearby table with two very young noisy children who cried throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!scootermom22Dined on 9/20/2014The Blue Ridge was recommended by a friend, and what a friend he is. There was nothing out of place. Service, food, and view is an experience my husband and I will be back again to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the foodunimpressedDined on 9/20/2014I have been to the Grove Park for the Sat. night buffet to celebrate many special occasions over the years. I was very disappointed in the choice of food on the buffet and the quality of the food. We always enjoyed the prime rib and especially the ribs off of the meat. They do not serve it that way now. The prime rib was very rare and cold. They did put it in a pan to cook more and heat up but it was just not the same. They were especially proud of their pasta station. To be truthful I do not want to spend that kind of money for pasta.Special Features:
- Well done Grove ParkStanTDined on 9/13/2014This was our daughter's choice for her 16th birthday. She also invited a nice young man who wishes to court her. Thus, 16th birthday and first date so to speak. Very special We loved the big band music too - Hard to find these days. You'd be suprised how many young people like that music. So nice not to hear cheap rock or country music. Music definitely inlfuences the dining experience. Well done Gove Park. Thank you Robert for execellent service (; Grove Park has always been our Number 1 special events location. Note: Guests' evening dress attire needs to be addressed and posted. Should require at least collared shirt tucked into pants or slacks; no jeans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Views and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Prime Rib buffet on Saturday nights at the Blue Ridge Dining Hall at the Grove Park Inn is well worth the cost not just for the Prime Rib, but the great variety of well prepared salads and hot entrees, let alone the vast dessert selection. If you get a good table, the view just increases the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatgreerbeachDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at this restaurant but not our last! The Friday night seafood buffet was great. Everything was perfect! The food, the service, the view, etc. We celebrated my husbands 50th birthday and had a great time. Very relaxed, not rushed, can't remember the last time we spent 2 hours eating, talking & enjoying ourselves over a meal. Great, we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovingFoodInAshevilleDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food on the brunch buffet, a great Asheville experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous Sunday BrunchPerazzola1982Dined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing! There was such a big selection of foods to choose from and they did not disappoint. The view was breathtaking! I will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationfoodieturning40Dined on 8/30/2014We dined here with friends for a birthday celebration. We had spent an afternoon outdoors at the Biltmore Estate Outdoor Center and it was a nice relaxing evening. We think if we had eaten earlier the food would have been a little better. It was later in the evening and we know it is hard to keep food fresh on a buffet. It was a great end to a busy day. The hotel is beautiful, and we visited Elaine's Piano Bar after supper. It was FABULOUS!! Highly recommend it for a fun night with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fri/Sat PM buffet is outstandingAntonEgoDined on 8/30/2014Our family has been to the Friday night or Saturday night buffet several times in the past and those experiences have been good. Now (apparently due to the Omni upgrades) the buffet is outstanding. In fact, our family agreed it was the best buffet experience we have had anywhere. The quality of the selections as well as the creativity and originality was surprising and satisfying. There were numerous selections that we have never seen on any buffet elsewhere and not a single one was disappointing or even average. And when you combine the buffet with the mountain vista views in the dining area, we could not give a higher recommendation. The buffet is certainly not inexpensive, but we plan to return on special occasions during the year.Special Features:
- shortieDined on 8/29/2014Had a wonderful time celebrating our 50th anniversary. The seafood buffet was nicely varied but if I were to do it again, I would stick to the cold seafood room. Fish was a bit dry in the hot room. Salads were wonderful and the desserts to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Blue Ridge extravaganzatherovinggourmetVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Sunday Brunch at the Blue Ridge Dining Room is an experience not to be missed. With the backdrop of the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains, the brunch offers three rooms of delights, ranging from custom-made bloody marys and amazing desserts to seafood and meats (smoked and roasted/grilled), vegetables and all the standard as well as non-traditional brunch treats. Met with a Mimosa, you're free to indulge to your hearts content. What a visual and culinary experience! As a final treat, walk thru the beautiful lobby and grounds of the Grove Park Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ControllerDined on 8/23/2014The food is always wonderful. Your staff is the friendlyest I have dealt with in a long time. If you were closer to me, I would ask for a job. Working with people like that must be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful views and relaxed settingwncmountainsDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I ate here Friday evening for my birthday. We had a window table a view of the City of Asheville and the surrounding mountains and the sunset was outstanding. They have the seafood buffet on Fridays, with seafood, salads, soup, and desserts. They do have a stations with chefs cooking pasta, mussels, banana foster, and beef in addition to all the other self serve items. We loved the relaxed atmosphere and took our time enjoying the food and the views, we were there about two hours. After we finished eating we went back to the main lobby/grand hall and listened to live music. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok - not really even okSquishyraspberriesDined on 8/17/2014We had our wedding dinner there 17 years ago after eloping in downtown A-ville. So... we decided to go back (been living out of the country for about 15 years). It was nice at first. We were excited with being there again. But as the excitement wore off, reality sank in and we realized the food quality was just not that great. When living in Utah, each Thanksgiving, we would have dinner at Sundance and the quality of food is many times better than the Grove Park. I really think that Omni has hurt this place. We remembered the old Grove Park that didn't take up the whole side of Town Mountain. We spent a lot of time up there on the veranda, the golf course and just around that area and it is just over done now. What a shame.Special Features: