Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
AsianPrice: $50 and over
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/taste/restaurant-collection/blue-ribbon-sushi-bar-grill.aspx
- Phone: 8778932001x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday I 5PM - 1AM
Friday - Saturday I 5PM - 2AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Vegetarian, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We do offer private dining options for parties 13 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Group Sales 8775517776x
A word from Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill is the master stroke of chefs and restaurateurs, Eric and Bruce Bromberg. This sushi haven brings a food lovers' delight to Las Vegas: an award-winning sushi palace, an exquisite Japanese steakhouse and almost everything in between. The menu here offers an opulent array of dramatically prepared sushi and sashimi, signature dishes such as their famous beef marrow bones and fried chicken with wasabi honey, along with other sumptuous favorites, all beautifully elevated, prepared and served with original flair and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)good for groups (35)special occasion (31)hot spot (31)romantic (24)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great appetizer - ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We walked in and were seated within a minute (which was great). The busboy was quite helpful explaining some menu items and his attitude was upbeat. The waitress unfortunately not so much so, she came by and was overall courteous but never ONCE asked us how our meal was. My husband ordered the staple chicken fried and it was good but not $30 amazing... I had an appetizer called Dynamite which WAS amazing, a perfect mouth watering combination of scallops and wild mushrooms to die for. I also had a tiger roll and honestly was not impressed. The place is a little dark which makes it intimate but the tables are WAY too close together which takes the "intimacy" away... Overall we had a good dinner but i wouldnt go back or recommend it.Special Features:
- Mediocre sushhVegasDined on 10/11/2014We had made reservations thinking it would be busy but noted a lot of empty tables. Relatively small, quiet restaurant that is quite pricey. While the restaurant was nice, the hosts/waiters/waitresses/staff were all wearing NFL football jerseys (it was a Saturday night for crying out lou). We found that a little odd and detrimental to the ambience. The service was poor for the price, able to place an order almost 20 mins after being seated and drinks served later than that. We had three different rolls, Tiger roll (tasty), crispy spicy tuna with cucumber (average, fresh) and spicy salmon (not on menu, also average). Disappointed overall as had high expectations. Will try other sushi joints instead next time.Special Features:
- Too FastVegasMVPDined on 10/10/2014The food was good but they brought it all out at once. We had our appetizer first two minutes later miso soup, than 4 minutes after that both entrees it was kind of crazy. All tasted good but 7 plates on a small table all at once was too much.Special Features:
- Between 0 and 10 I 'll give it a 9!KIHAKahunaDined on 10/7/2014Great fast service. The Sushi & Sashimi Platter looked sensational but a tiny bit expensive for what it was. I recommend the Chu Toro and Salmon sashimi at $15 a piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so blue ribbonfoodieworldwideDined on 10/6/2014Was not impressed by this sushi restaurant. Very loud, there was yelling every time a new customer walked in. Dark, couldn't see to read menus. The sushi was just okay - the fish was literally a minced paste in each roll. I was expecting evenly cut pieces of salmon and tuna in each roll. Seemed like such a shortcut for a restaurant that was supposed to be 'blue ribbon'.
- Great atmosphere!sasabo5491Dined on 10/3/2014Sushi was incredible. Also, order the chicken wings(sounds weird) but you won't be disapppointed! Love the atmosphere!!!Special Features:
- Don't Go!Vegashipper420420Dined on 10/2/2014Don't waste your time or money, the sushi was deplorable, service was equally as bad, way over priced for the poor quality of sushi. With so many great restaurants in Las Vegas pass on this place, one word: "terrible".Special Features:
- Sushi heavenFoodDivinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014Best sushi on the strip! The eel sushi and the pan-seared scallops are my favorites. Very friendly and accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegas SushiSushiSeekerDined on 9/27/2014Cosmopolitan is one of my favorite hotels in Vegas, so when searching for a sushi restaurant I was pleased to find Blue Ribbon amongst the top rated. Hostess stand always had a smiling face and pleasant conversationalist. We were seated almost immediately despite being full on a Saturday night at prime dinner time. The hot sake was excellent though other cocktail servings were small in quantity for the price. My ratings were based on the sushi as being just OK from the 4 Rolls ordered amongst the table. However, the sea bass and fried chicken were excellent and highly recommended. They brought us 2 brownie deserts unexpectedly in celebration of the birthdays at the table which were out of this world! 3 stars overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Service was terrible, waiter was absolutely clueless as to the menu and any wine/saki choices. Manager stepped in to help and he was clueless also and indifferent to our needs. It's only a matter of time before this place goes out of business when people catch on they no longer have the edge. I used to make it a point to come here every time in LV but now they have lost my trust as I used to come here for any outstanding experience. Food quality was admittedly very good, but there's other choices in LV, especially when your spending $$$$. I will not repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried chicken? Yes!VegasFootDocDined on 9/12/2014Attended a seminar at the Cosmopolitan and decided to invite my wife to an infrequent dinner on the Strip for us locals. The staff from the front to back was friendly, attentive and smiled. The food was very good. My wife ordered the Cosmopolitan sushi/sashimi platter which was excellent in diversity and taste. For the price, expected a little more though because "platter" is a bit misleading. I had their famous fried chicken and it was wonderful. The Lychee martini must have also been good since my wife had to have 2. Although we balked at first, the waiter suggested the Ginger bread pudding and we're happy he did. It was great. I mean great! Love the Cosmo too. User friendly. Parking to everything there is only a few steps, not 1/2 mile.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantbekrierVIPDined on 9/9/2014Blue Ribbon came highly recommended and did not disappoint. In addition to having great top quality sushi, we also enjoyed short ribs and a broccoli dish that was excellent. Prices weren't crazy expensive (for Vegas anyway).Special Features:
- Great but pricey sushiBradFVIPDined on 9/9/2014Blue Ribbon Vegas is actually much fancier than its NYC namesake, but has a very pleasant ambiance and a quiet atmosphere that makes it perfect for a hot date or working business dinner. However, you pay for what you get, so be prepared to spend over $100 per person not including liquor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushiIceeDined on 9/3/2014Best salmon I ever tried in my life, the food is excellent , love to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGH END ASIAN - GREAT FINDstonehorizonDined on 8/31/2014ATTENDED A CONCERT AT COSMOPOLITAN AND MADE LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS HERE. FOOD IS SPECTACULAR. FRESH AND EXCELLENT. MISO SOUP IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. EXPENSIVE BUT GREAT!Special Features:
- AmazingMommalinzDined on 8/30/2014Mom's weekend, fantastic dinner. Amazing sushi!!!! Perfect for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why bother?ValueStyleDined on 8/29/2014Will never waste my $ on an overpriced, pretencious Cosmopolitan eatery again, when there's a reasonably priced "Secret Pizza" down the hall w excellent taste & portions!!
- gstoevDined on 8/28/2014I am a big sushi lover and I have been to a lot of sushi places all over the world-Australia, Singapore, Amsterdam as well as many Japanese restaurants in the US, but I will rate The Blue Ribbon without a doubt at the top- right next to Nobu and Yamazato from Amsterdam. I rate this place very high not only because of the great food, but also for the nice atmosphere and especially for the service which was amazing.
- Fried Chicken?HuuliVIPDined on 8/28/2014We visited the last day of Restaurant Week Las Vegas and had never visited Blue Ribbon Sushi. Yes, there was sushi on the menu but so was short ribs AND fried chicken. Say what? Ordering fried chicken at a sushi joint? Yes, DO IT! Pretty awesome. Dessert was tasty and definitely perfect for the 3 course meal. We added the king crab truffled fried rice and it was definitely worth it. The service was wonderful and everyone was attentive, they all worked together to meet all of our needs and extremely friendly, they all seemed like they all enjoyed being there. One gripe: one stall for the restroom? Really? LOLSpecial Features:
- Not for couples who..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014.. Are seeking something intimate. Too noisy, not able to hear my partner from across the table.Special Features:
- IMHO--Best sushi in LVWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food, great service. I wouldn't pick any other place in Vegas over Blue Ribbon for sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CarissaEDined on 8/20/2014When we had dinner at Blue Ribbon, we ordered: Pork gyoza, spicy tuna roll and their signature fried chicken. Best gyoza we have ever had. The sushi was so fresh and well prepared! And their fried chicken is well-known for a reason! It was fantastic! Front of house and servers were all very friendly and helpful. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would love to come back again whenever in Vegas. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hiro was our hero!FoodiesDined on 8/19/2014Hiro was our sushi chef was the best I have ever had......... I let him pick the fish and everyone of the dishes was excellent..........the fish was also some of the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting betterSuperDined on 8/17/2014The quality was not what I was expecting. The rolls were small and not even wrapped properly. The service was slow and not very friendly. Was disappointed!
- Love it!TigerRoll6Dined on 8/14/2014We love the Tiger Roll! Our favorite place to visit when we come to Vegas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honey wasabi fried chicken wings!!BizInSinCityDined on 8/7/2014The Sushi was really good...but not to die for. But...the Honey Wasabi fried chicken wings were! Good place for business dinners where you want good food, cocktails and service but still want to be able to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced food, rushed servicesejung79VIPDined on 8/5/2014I would never, EVER recommend this place to any of my friends. it costs 50 bucks for a neighborhood "take out" quality sushi deluxe. really? a side of pickled daikon (6 small, chopped up pieces) costs 8.25!? the server took it away along with all the plates and condiments before we were finished and adds, "no rush!" I have been to a ton of sushi joints and I am extremely disappointed by this place. this location derserves a thumbs down.Special Features:
- Awesome!BillDined on 7/24/2014Try the King Crab Fried Rice, amazing. If you have non-seafood eaters in the group, the Honey Wasabi Fried Chicken. Oh, and the Sushi is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, maybe a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Came to Vegas from Tokyo on business and took my Japanese clients. Some fish brought in from Japan. The uni was very fresh which was a great surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ex NYCer in VegasTXfoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I was so excited to try Blue Ribbon in Vegas as I had been missing the one in NYC since I moved. It did NOT disappoint, great food, great service. We sat in the back room and it wasn't as loud, perfect for a Sunday night in Vegas after a long weekend. The fried chicken was better than I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBillyRayDined on 7/19/2014Great restaurant, the sushi & sashimi was very fresh and decadent. The Sake menu is very large and somewhat confusing if you don’t really know what you’re looking for. The waiter knew exactly what kind of sake to recommend. When booking online we told them about our special occasion and were treated at the end with a complimentary dessert for two! Very good would highly recommend the fried chicken, I know it’s weird to order at a sushi restaurant but it is amazing!Special Features:
- Good not greatKK26VIPDined on 7/16/2014We were referred here from a chef who said it was the best sushi on the strip. While the sushi was good, the overall experience and total package didn't meet the standard of being tabbed the best on the strip. There was a lot of time and detail in the rolls, but nothing taste wise that would lead me to say best on the strip. Unfortunately our waiter didn't care one bit about explaining the menu, his favorites, their specials, anything. He was most concerned with getting us in and out.Special Features:
- MehmandmAZDined on 7/5/2014Not sure why everyone thinks Blue Ribbon is so good. The sushi was awful. That said, the fried chicken was great. Go figure!
- HoosierDined on 7/2/2014Blue Ribbon gave us a pretty good dining experience. The menu had many options. We enjoyed the edemame, shrimp tempura, all our sashimi and sushi choices. It was noisy in the bar and the staff didn't seem to know about the many options on the menu or just didn't want to recommend any of the many choices. That was a bit disappointing. Overall good food, ok service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blu RibbonGirlswholovesushiDined on 6/28/2014This place has a solid menu. Our service was fantastic, and the atmosphere was classy and sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the MoneyHapGl4everDined on 6/28/2014The portions are tiny and the food is overpriced. Our sever changed mid-way through the meal, we then heard other servers giving recommendations to other tables. We did not receive any type of introduction or recommendations.Special Features:
- Dinner ReviewTTechfanDined on 6/26/2014The service was good, the atmosphere was great, but it was way to expensive of a dinner with tiny proportions. If I wanted to spend 30$ or more on something that's supposed to fill me up for the evening, I would've spent it on more than 6 mini-sushi rolls. I came in hungry, I left still hungry and 30+ dollars poorer.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2014Of course, it was expensive, but it's sushi and it's Las Vegas, so that's a given. The food was excellent and the portions weren't as small as they are sometimes. Service was top-notch and the venue at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas was quieter than many LV restaurants. I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- The following 463 reviews are from the Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Presentation amazingDoubleupDined on 6/20/2014Food is amazing, presentation unbelievable. One if the best sushi places I have found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, relaxed atmosphereCDLVDined on 6/15/2014Delicious sushi & grilled food. Waiter was enthusiastic & knowledgeable. One of our party had the fried chicken & said it was great. Yellowtail with jalapenos was delicate & tasty. Even the desserts were good.Special Features: