Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
AsianPrice: $50 and over
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/taste/restaurant-collection/blue-ribbon-sushi-bar-grill.aspx
- Phone: (877) 893-2001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday I 5PM - 1AM
Friday - Saturday I 5PM - 2AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Vegetarian, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We do offer private dining options for parties 13 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Group Sales 8775517776x
A word from Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill is the master stroke of chefs and restaurateurs, Eric and Bruce Bromberg. This sushi haven brings a food lovers' delight to Las Vegas: an award-winning sushi palace, an exquisite Japanese steakhouse and almost everything in between. The menu here offers an opulent array of dramatically prepared sushi and sashimi, signature dishes such as their famous beef marrow bones and fried chicken with wasabi honey, along with other sumptuous favorites, all beautifully elevated, prepared and served with original flair and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)good for groups (41)special occasion (36)hot spot (31)romantic (22)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Highly recommend!annacurtisDined on 11/22/2014Great service, atmosphere, and amazing sushi. Also, the fried chicken was phenominal.Special Features:
- Nothing to recommendLazonbyDined on 11/21/2014Dont like it here. Arrogant waiters weird prices uncomfortable seating.
- Quite simply, the best meal of my life.PeterDined on 11/21/2014This was quite simply the best meal of our lives. We had two entrees, two appetizers and two desserts. Each course outdid the last. This was the kind of meal where I had to close my eyes and sink into the flavor. The service was as good as the food -- friendly and attentive without being overbearing. A special meal that I will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service, Great TimeMikeVIPDined on 11/19/2014Blue Ribbon was recommended by a friend and what a great recommendation. We had sushi, shashimi and the fried chicken. Yes, Fried Chicken, it was the real deal and awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music is UNBEARABLY LOUDSweetDinerVIPDined on 11/17/2014This place is like a dance club only for people who don't dance. The music is terribly loud, oontz-oontz and this, even when the place is near empty. I couldn't concentrate enough to make a decision on the menu items since both my bf and I couldn't communicate at all without me sitting in his lap, yelling in his ear. We paid for our beer and left. Too bad, I've heard the food is good.
- Nice, but unspectacular for the priceObservingParticipantDined on 11/12/2014We had the $200 Cosmopolitan sushi Platter, which was definitely an attractive, well-presented platter, but did not really impress for the price. I anticipated some unusual selections, but it was simply a fairly standard sushi-sashimi collection, and I've had better for less money. Everything was fresh, and the pieces of fish were reasonably generous, but there was no "wow" for me. I would consider going again and trying a la carte, but the Platter was unimpressive.Special Features:
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014I would have given this restaurant a 5star rating however everything was ridiculously over priced. The quality was great however for what they are charging for a 4 piece roll there should have been gold flakes in it! I realize this is swanky Vegas but for a bill totaling $275 (before tip) for a party of 2 is a bit extreme. We each had 2 drinks, a side salad and shared 3 rolls. I wouldn't go back on price alone, too bad because this place is nice.Special Features:
- ExcellentDi2liveDined on 11/7/2014The food & saki experience was outstanding & memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a waste of money!rayrayVIPDined on 11/7/2014My cousin from out of town invited us here for her daughters 21st birthday dinner. I thought wow Sushi at Cosmo must be amazing! WRONG! The hostesses were wearing jeans, flannel and tennis shoes. Not appropriate attire for the ambiance of this particular restaurant. Throughout out entire dining experience we had about seven different servers come up to our table most who we couldn't hear or understand. They would just smile and bow their heads. Took forever to get drinks. Sushi came out room temperature. Nothing special. Even rolls that were supposed to be spicy were bland. The only thing we liked was the Dynamite. Do not waste your time or your money.Special Features:
- You can't go wrongLAgirlVIPDined on 10/30/2014Even with all the competition in Las Vegas -- the "superbowl of chefs" -- this restaurant stands out again and again. We go there every chance we get and ALWAYS introduce friends from out of town. The menu is beyond creative (you must try the fried chicken and the oxtail fried rice) and the food is healthy and delicious. The waitstaff is efficient, friendly, willing to help navigate the menu (important!), even create custom platters for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much sushiCookingupastormDined on 10/25/2014The food here was excellent but we got totally over/up sold in our choice of platter..didn't really matter but there was no was that was the right choice for two people. Amazing fish though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the expenseasfoodlvrDined on 10/25/2014Food was good bit service was not. The staff was extremely slow. Waited 20 minutes for staff to take our drink order despite sitting at the sushi bar. Zero interaction between sushi chiefs and guest.Special Features:
- thought it would be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014The fish quality was good but the chefs in the back area don't know how to prepare the dish. The slices were too wide and should have sliced it thinner. the toro was 15 dollars for one pc and was worth 5 dollars. The lobster roll was like tuna salad. not one chunk of lobster. The grilled octopus was very good but again not served correctly. The staff was very nice. the sake menu was good, probably over priced. The meal for two was 275 dollars. It was 125. I wouldn't go back.
- AwesomeYummyTummyDined on 10/21/2014Great decor and very comfy chairs. Service was prompt, professional and unobtrusive. Food was amazing! Prices were high - but expected given the location and quality.Special Features:
- OverpricedTrapDined on 10/18/2014The waiter was rude, horrible food, súper overpriced, never ever ever ever comming back
- Great appetizer - ok serviceAnaRDined on 10/18/2014We walked in and were seated within a minute (which was great). The busboy was quite helpful explaining some menu items and his attitude was upbeat. The waitress unfortunately not so much so, she came by and was overall courteous but never ONCE asked us how our meal was. My husband ordered the staple chicken fried and it was good but not $30 amazing... I had an appetizer called Dynamite which WAS amazing, a perfect mouth watering combination of scallops and wild mushrooms to die for. I also had a tiger roll and honestly was not impressed. The place is a little dark which makes it intimate but the tables are WAY too close together which takes the "intimacy" away... Overall we had a good dinner but i wouldnt go back or recommend it.Special Features:
- Mediocre sushhVegasDined on 10/11/2014We had made reservations thinking it would be busy but noted a lot of empty tables. Relatively small, quiet restaurant that is quite pricey. While the restaurant was nice, the hosts/waiters/waitresses/staff were all wearing NFL football jerseys (it was a Saturday night for crying out lou). We found that a little odd and detrimental to the ambience. The service was poor for the price, able to place an order almost 20 mins after being seated and drinks served later than that. We had three different rolls, Tiger roll (tasty), crispy spicy tuna with cucumber (average, fresh) and spicy salmon (not on menu, also average). Disappointed overall as had high expectations. Will try other sushi joints instead next time.Special Features:
- Too FastVegasMVPDined on 10/10/2014The food was good but they brought it all out at once. We had our appetizer first two minutes later miso soup, than 4 minutes after that both entrees it was kind of crazy. All tasted good but 7 plates on a small table all at once was too much.Special Features:
- Between 0 and 10 I 'll give it a 9!KIHAKahunaDined on 10/7/2014Great fast service. The Sushi & Sashimi Platter looked sensational but a tiny bit expensive for what it was. I recommend the Chu Toro and Salmon sashimi at $15 a piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so blue ribbonfoodieworldwideDined on 10/6/2014Was not impressed by this sushi restaurant. Very loud, there was yelling every time a new customer walked in. Dark, couldn't see to read menus. The sushi was just okay - the fish was literally a minced paste in each roll. I was expecting evenly cut pieces of salmon and tuna in each roll. Seemed like such a shortcut for a restaurant that was supposed to be 'blue ribbon'.
- Great atmosphere!sasabo5491Dined on 10/3/2014Sushi was incredible. Also, order the chicken wings(sounds weird) but you won't be disapppointed! Love the atmosphere!!!Special Features:
- Don't Go!Vegashipper420420Dined on 10/2/2014Don't waste your time or money, the sushi was deplorable, service was equally as bad, way over priced for the poor quality of sushi. With so many great restaurants in Las Vegas pass on this place, one word: "terrible".Special Features:
- Sushi heavenFoodDivinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014Best sushi on the strip! The eel sushi and the pan-seared scallops are my favorites. Very friendly and accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegas SushiSushiSeekerDined on 9/27/2014Cosmopolitan is one of my favorite hotels in Vegas, so when searching for a sushi restaurant I was pleased to find Blue Ribbon amongst the top rated. Hostess stand always had a smiling face and pleasant conversationalist. We were seated almost immediately despite being full on a Saturday night at prime dinner time. The hot sake was excellent though other cocktail servings were small in quantity for the price. My ratings were based on the sushi as being just OK from the 4 Rolls ordered amongst the table. However, the sea bass and fried chicken were excellent and highly recommended. They brought us 2 brownie deserts unexpectedly in celebration of the birthdays at the table which were out of this world! 3 stars overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Service was terrible, waiter was absolutely clueless as to the menu and any wine/saki choices. Manager stepped in to help and he was clueless also and indifferent to our needs. It's only a matter of time before this place goes out of business when people catch on they no longer have the edge. I used to make it a point to come here every time in LV but now they have lost my trust as I used to come here for any outstanding experience. Food quality was admittedly very good, but there's other choices in LV, especially when your spending $$$$. I will not repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried chicken? Yes!VegasFootDocDined on 9/12/2014Attended a seminar at the Cosmopolitan and decided to invite my wife to an infrequent dinner on the Strip for us locals. The staff from the front to back was friendly, attentive and smiled. The food was very good. My wife ordered the Cosmopolitan sushi/sashimi platter which was excellent in diversity and taste. For the price, expected a little more though because "platter" is a bit misleading. I had their famous fried chicken and it was wonderful. The Lychee martini must have also been good since my wife had to have 2. Although we balked at first, the waiter suggested the Ginger bread pudding and we're happy he did. It was great. I mean great! Love the Cosmo too. User friendly. Parking to everything there is only a few steps, not 1/2 mile.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantbekrierVIPDined on 9/9/2014Blue Ribbon came highly recommended and did not disappoint. In addition to having great top quality sushi, we also enjoyed short ribs and a broccoli dish that was excellent. Prices weren't crazy expensive (for Vegas anyway).Special Features:
- Great but pricey sushiBradFVIPDined on 9/9/2014Blue Ribbon Vegas is actually much fancier than its NYC namesake, but has a very pleasant ambiance and a quiet atmosphere that makes it perfect for a hot date or working business dinner. However, you pay for what you get, so be prepared to spend over $100 per person not including liquor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushiIceeDined on 9/3/2014Best salmon I ever tried in my life, the food is excellent , love to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGH END ASIAN - GREAT FINDstonehorizonDined on 8/31/2014ATTENDED A CONCERT AT COSMOPOLITAN AND MADE LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS HERE. FOOD IS SPECTACULAR. FRESH AND EXCELLENT. MISO SOUP IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. EXPENSIVE BUT GREAT!Special Features:
- AmazingMommalinzDined on 8/30/2014Mom's weekend, fantastic dinner. Amazing sushi!!!! Perfect for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why bother?ValueStyleDined on 8/29/2014Will never waste my $ on an overpriced, pretencious Cosmopolitan eatery again, when there's a reasonably priced "Secret Pizza" down the hall w excellent taste & portions!!
- gstoevDined on 8/28/2014I am a big sushi lover and I have been to a lot of sushi places all over the world-Australia, Singapore, Amsterdam as well as many Japanese restaurants in the US, but I will rate The Blue Ribbon without a doubt at the top- right next to Nobu and Yamazato from Amsterdam. I rate this place very high not only because of the great food, but also for the nice atmosphere and especially for the service which was amazing.
- Fried Chicken?HuuliVIPDined on 8/28/2014We visited the last day of Restaurant Week Las Vegas and had never visited Blue Ribbon Sushi. Yes, there was sushi on the menu but so was short ribs AND fried chicken. Say what? Ordering fried chicken at a sushi joint? Yes, DO IT! Pretty awesome. Dessert was tasty and definitely perfect for the 3 course meal. We added the king crab truffled fried rice and it was definitely worth it. The service was wonderful and everyone was attentive, they all worked together to meet all of our needs and extremely friendly, they all seemed like they all enjoyed being there. One gripe: one stall for the restroom? Really? LOLSpecial Features:
- Not for couples who..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014.. Are seeking something intimate. Too noisy, not able to hear my partner from across the table.Special Features:
- IMHO--Best sushi in LVWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food, great service. I wouldn't pick any other place in Vegas over Blue Ribbon for sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CarissaEDined on 8/20/2014When we had dinner at Blue Ribbon, we ordered: Pork gyoza, spicy tuna roll and their signature fried chicken. Best gyoza we have ever had. The sushi was so fresh and well prepared! And their fried chicken is well-known for a reason! It was fantastic! Front of house and servers were all very friendly and helpful. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would love to come back again whenever in Vegas. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hiro was our hero!FoodiesDined on 8/19/2014Hiro was our sushi chef was the best I have ever had......... I let him pick the fish and everyone of the dishes was excellent..........the fish was also some of the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting betterSuperDined on 8/17/2014The quality was not what I was expecting. The rolls were small and not even wrapped properly. The service was slow and not very friendly. Was disappointed!
- Love it!TigerRoll6Dined on 8/14/2014We love the Tiger Roll! Our favorite place to visit when we come to Vegas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.