Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
AsianPrice: $50 and over
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/taste/restaurant-collection/blue-ribbon-sushi-bar-grill.aspx
- Phone: 8778932001x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday I 5PM - 1AM
Friday - Saturday I 5PM - 2AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Vegetarian, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We do offer private dining options for parties 13 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Group Sales 8775517776x
A word from Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill is the master stroke of chefs and restaurateurs, Eric and Bruce Bromberg. This sushi haven brings a food lovers' delight to Las Vegas: an award-winning sushi palace, an exquisite Japanese steakhouse and almost everything in between. The menu here offers an opulent array of dramatically prepared sushi and sashimi, signature dishes such as their famous beef marrow bones and fried chicken with wasabi honey, along with other sumptuous favorites, all beautifully elevated, prepared and served with original flair and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)good for groups (33)special occasion (32)hot spot (29)romantic (20)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Mom's weekend, fantastic dinner. Amazing sushi!!!! Perfect for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why bother?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Will never waste my $ on an overpriced, pretencious Cosmopolitan eatery again, when there's a reasonably priced "Secret Pizza" down the hall w excellent taste & portions!!
- gstoevDined on 8/28/2014I am a big sushi lover and I have been to a lot of sushi places all over the world-Australia, Singapore, Amsterdam as well as many Japanese restaurants in the US, but I will rate The Blue Ribbon without a doubt at the top- right next to Nobu and Yamazato from Amsterdam. I rate this place very high not only because of the great food, but also for the nice atmosphere and especially for the service which was amazing.
- Fried Chicken?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014We visited the last day of Restaurant Week Las Vegas and had never visited Blue Ribbon Sushi. Yes, there was sushi on the menu but so was short ribs AND fried chicken. Say what? Ordering fried chicken at a sushi joint? Yes, DO IT! Pretty awesome. Dessert was tasty and definitely perfect for the 3 course meal. We added the king crab truffled fried rice and it was definitely worth it. The service was wonderful and everyone was attentive, they all worked together to meet all of our needs and extremely friendly, they all seemed like they all enjoyed being there. One gripe: one stall for the restroom? Really? LOLSpecial Features:
- Not for couples who..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014.. Are seeking something intimate. Too noisy, not able to hear my partner from across the table.Special Features:
- Delicious!CarissaEDined on 8/20/2014When we had dinner at Blue Ribbon, we ordered: Pork gyoza, spicy tuna roll and their signature fried chicken. Best gyoza we have ever had. The sushi was so fresh and well prepared! And their fried chicken is well-known for a reason! It was fantastic! Front of house and servers were all very friendly and helpful. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would love to come back again whenever in Vegas. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hiro was our hero!FoodiesDined on 8/19/2014Hiro was our sushi chef was the best I have ever had......... I let him pick the fish and everyone of the dishes was excellent..........the fish was also some of the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting betterSuperDined on 8/17/2014The quality was not what I was expecting. The rolls were small and not even wrapped properly. The service was slow and not very friendly. Was disappointed!
- Love it!TigerRoll6Dined on 8/14/2014We love the Tiger Roll! Our favorite place to visit when we come to Vegas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honey wasabi fried chicken wings!!BizInSinCityDined on 8/7/2014The Sushi was really good...but not to die for. But...the Honey Wasabi fried chicken wings were! Good place for business dinners where you want good food, cocktails and service but still want to be able to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced food, rushed servicesejung79VIPDined on 8/5/2014I would never, EVER recommend this place to any of my friends. it costs 50 bucks for a neighborhood "take out" quality sushi deluxe. really? a side of pickled daikon (6 small, chopped up pieces) costs 8.25!? the server took it away along with all the plates and condiments before we were finished and adds, "no rush!" I have been to a ton of sushi joints and I am extremely disappointed by this place. this location derserves a thumbs down.Special Features:
- Awesome!BillDined on 7/24/2014Try the King Crab Fried Rice, amazing. If you have non-seafood eaters in the group, the Honey Wasabi Fried Chicken. Oh, and the Sushi is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, maybe a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Came to Vegas from Tokyo on business and took my Japanese clients. Some fish brought in from Japan. The uni was very fresh which was a great surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ex NYCer in VegasTXfoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I was so excited to try Blue Ribbon in Vegas as I had been missing the one in NYC since I moved. It did NOT disappoint, great food, great service. We sat in the back room and it wasn't as loud, perfect for a Sunday night in Vegas after a long weekend. The fried chicken was better than I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBillyRayDined on 7/19/2014Great restaurant, the sushi & sashimi was very fresh and decadent. The Sake menu is very large and somewhat confusing if you don’t really know what you’re looking for. The waiter knew exactly what kind of sake to recommend. When booking online we told them about our special occasion and were treated at the end with a complimentary dessert for two! Very good would highly recommend the fried chicken, I know it’s weird to order at a sushi restaurant but it is amazing!Special Features:
- Good not greatKK26VIPDined on 7/16/2014We were referred here from a chef who said it was the best sushi on the strip. While the sushi was good, the overall experience and total package didn't meet the standard of being tabbed the best on the strip. There was a lot of time and detail in the rolls, but nothing taste wise that would lead me to say best on the strip. Unfortunately our waiter didn't care one bit about explaining the menu, his favorites, their specials, anything. He was most concerned with getting us in and out.Special Features:
- MehmandmAZDined on 7/5/2014Not sure why everyone thinks Blue Ribbon is so good. The sushi was awful. That said, the fried chicken was great. Go figure!
- HoosierDined on 7/2/2014Blue Ribbon gave us a pretty good dining experience. The menu had many options. We enjoyed the edemame, shrimp tempura, all our sashimi and sushi choices. It was noisy in the bar and the staff didn't seem to know about the many options on the menu or just didn't want to recommend any of the many choices. That was a bit disappointing. Overall good food, ok service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blu RibbonGirlswholovesushiDined on 6/28/2014This place has a solid menu. Our service was fantastic, and the atmosphere was classy and sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the MoneyHapGl4everDined on 6/28/2014The portions are tiny and the food is overpriced. Our sever changed mid-way through the meal, we then heard other servers giving recommendations to other tables. We did not receive any type of introduction or recommendations.Special Features:
- Dinner ReviewTTechfanDined on 6/26/2014The service was good, the atmosphere was great, but it was way to expensive of a dinner with tiny proportions. If I wanted to spend 30$ or more on something that's supposed to fill me up for the evening, I would've spent it on more than 6 mini-sushi rolls. I came in hungry, I left still hungry and 30+ dollars poorer.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2014Of course, it was expensive, but it's sushi and it's Las Vegas, so that's a given. The food was excellent and the portions weren't as small as they are sometimes. Service was top-notch and the venue at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas was quieter than many LV restaurants. I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Presentation amazingDoubleupDined on 6/20/2014Food is amazing, presentation unbelievable. One if the best sushi places I have found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, relaxed atmosphereCDLVDined on 6/15/2014Delicious sushi & grilled food. Waiter was enthusiastic & knowledgeable. One of our party had the fried chicken & said it was great. Yellowtail with jalapenos was delicate & tasty. Even the desserts were good.Special Features:
- Excellent sushijerymeisterDined on 6/14/2014Took my wife here for a romantic dinner. Both of us love food and Blue Ribbon did not disappoint. Loved the meal and the professional service!Special Features:
- TmTm56Dined on 6/13/2014This place was so good. Freshest sushi around! Sea bass dinner with the coconut rice was the best!! Menu kinda confusing but the waiter was very helpful. Will definitely be back next we visit Vegas!! If your looking for a great sushi restaurant, this is the place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againLVlocalDined on 6/7/2014We ate here in September at about 1am after a concert and the service and food were perfect. We came back for a date night and again everything and everyone was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST SUSHI EVER !!SSSCCDined on 6/6/2014I am a sushi attic and have tried many many sushi restaurants. This was the best sushi to date and I have been around the block. Yes pricey but you get what you pay for in life ! Thank you for the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic!RoscoeVillageNeighborDined on 6/6/2014We came to Blue Ribbon Sushi during a bachelorette party weekend and had a really great time. They seemed to be a little frazzled by how busy it was which seemed odd because isn't that usually how it is in Vegas? Anyway, all of the recommendations made by our server were spot on and we had a wonderful meal.
- 2nd TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I had made reservations at two other restaurants, but my wife wanted this place, again. Food is always great and the waiting staff is very helpful and ready to provide suggestions. My wife and I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceChelseajeanDined on 6/6/2014This was such an awesome dining experience! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisittaliehairDined on 6/5/2014Great food and extremely accommodating chef/staff. We enjoyed our visit a few years ago, and the second time around did not disappoint. First night in Vegas, we dined here. Tried some new sushi and sashimi on one of the platters. The platters are the way to go - somewhat pricey, but you'll taste fish you've never even heard of. Always fresh,. The knowledgeable staff describe the fish flavors like wine - "sweet, snapper-like", etc. Great atmosphere, too. They designated an "out of the way table" upon request. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Vegas sushi is a jokeDesertPeopleVIPDined on 5/29/2014Nigiri is $14 for 2 pieces. What? Are u kidding? A typical roll comes with 6 small pieces instead of 8 for $20. It's a joke and it doesn't taste better than my top 5 sushi bars in Scottsdale. Don't waste your time and money. Hit Il Mulino for Italian, Tao for Asian fusion and Alize for a romantic French dinner looking over the strip. All of these world class Vegas restaurants are the same price as this mid grade sushi restaurant. 3 rolls (18 pieces) with 1 nigiri and 4 Martina's was $160. This would be $80 at your best sushi in your town.
- Excellent Service!!!!champagneloverDined on 5/20/2014We dined at BR for our anniversary and had an AMAZING experience! Our server Daniel H was fantastic at guiding us through the menu and pacing out our meal! He was attentive but not pushy. The food was stellar as well, unfortunately we could not finish it all but had some great leftovers! The Hostess we also very sweet, wishing us a Happy Anniversary on the way in and a warm farewell on the way out! We are locals so we will be back for sure! Thank you for a memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Ribbon Sushi - #1ThomterrificDined on 5/20/2014Six of us had a great time and the food was wonderful! The atmosphere has a local feel so if you're looking for a trendy high priced Vegas restaurant this may not be the place. If you're a fan of great sushi and sashimi and don't mind an energetic atmosphere with a couple drops of raucous, then this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss this!gailDined on 5/18/2014Unbelievable. The food was incredible and the service was extraordinary. We were blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!CMcCDined on 5/17/2014Love Blue Ribbon in NYC and this is perfect as well! Joey is an awesome server! Fried Chicken is still the best around!!!! Sashimi is unmatched!Special Features:
- Have had betterjaylVIPDined on 5/7/2014Don't get me wrong the quality was very good, but I would chose RM or Nobu over Blue Ribbon, and the must try Fried Chicken was very interesting but by no means was it the ( Best thing I ever ate Fried Chicken). Go to Gus's or Willa Mays Scotch House if you want life changing Chicken.Special Features:
- FantasticnotagainDined on 5/6/2014Sushi, service, and decor was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I can't stress how fresh the sushi was and how helpful the servers were. The price we paid was below what I would assume for what we had. The soy sauce was amazing as well. Go and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi AND fried chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/5/2014Great fresh tasty sushi. The fried chicken is so crispy and tasty. It's even better with the wasabi honey to dip in. Waygu sliders are amazing. I loved everything at this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 445 reviews are from the Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews archive.