Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
206 North College St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bluecharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7049272583
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar: Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Gene Briggs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Wednesday to Saturday evenings
- Special Events: Monthly Cooking Classes with Executive Chef Gene Briggs (1st Saturday of each month with holiday exceptions). $44.95 each course paired with wines.
Monthly Food & Wine Pairings $49.95 Five Course Pairing.
A word from Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
Blue Restaurant is a sophisticated restaurant that offers flavors from around the Mediterranean region. Our multicultural menu will take your taste buds on a whirlwind tour. prepare to experience a Moroccan Tagine, Whole Roasted Mediterranean Sea Bass or a Tenderloin a la Blue. as you travel around the menu, you will be delighted with familiar dishes and excited by others you have yet to explore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)romantic (79)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (62)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (25)late-night find (20)neighborhood gem (16)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fergus was fantastic as waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Casual but nice approach to checking in at the bar, while our group of 7 assembled. The table was ready and service by Fergus was immediate. Of most important note, was Fergus' excellent recommendations of appetizers, salads, entrees, wines and deserts......all 100% spot on. And done with a great sense of humor. Especially the crusted scallops and grouper with unudual but incredibly tasty pureed carrots......got to try it before you take a position. The wild boar was highly enjoyed. Also the cheese plate was a lot of fun and great to pass around.Special Features:
- Good food and servicePaulDined on 9/27/2014We dine here most evenings when we have Symphony tickets. The food is good, the service is always excellent and the atmosphere is quiet enough to carry on an ordinary conversation at the table. Our waitress, Mallisa (98) kept us on time for the theater and brought my wife a complementary dessert for her birthday. We will be back again.Special Features:
- blue1Dined on 9/25/2014Great food..always consistant!! Atmosphere is perfect for a Executive dinner to impress or a casual meal :)Special Features:
- Quiet restaurant great foodWearyBusinessTravellerDined on 9/25/2014A very quiet Thursday night but with wonderful food and service. The steaks and wild boat dishes were very tasty. The service was prompt and very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAfoodieDined on 9/24/2014Great service, good food, wonderful atmosphere. Unique selectionsSpecial Features:
- food was awfultheatergoersDined on 9/23/2014We went to Blue for dinner prior to going to the theater and both ordered the flat iron steak. Both steaks were very tough with too much gristle to even eat. We both left more than half of the steaks on the plate. Also we both felt that drink prices were extremely high. We will not go again, there are too many better choices in the area.
- Pre-theater groupMohakatinoDined on 9/23/2014Pluses: noise level low enough for normal conversation Efficient and unobtrusive service Excellent wine list Menu extensive but not overly so Minus: Food 90% excellent, except for one member of my group who was served gristly steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showBlackeyeDined on 9/22/2014We had early reservations due to show at Knight Theater. Crowd was small but vibrant. The service was excellent. The food was delicious and well prepared and presented. The grilled Scottish salmon was cooked just right and was wonderful. The beef tenderloin ala Blue was cooked rare and was delicious and moist and was excellent. The wine added a great finishing touch to an excellent dinner and a great night out.Special Features:
- Delicious and enjoyable. Upbeat!RossaCorso355Dined on 9/20/2014Took my wife here as she loves Medetrrainian food. Impressed. The menu was varied and the good was fantastic. Allen, our server was too notch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PantherFan12Dined on 9/20/2014Although a little pricey, it was a great back drop to a wonderful evening. Good ambiance with a wonderful jazz band; The Presley Group. The tone was set by the host and it kept getting better from there. From the wait-staff to the meal presentations, the food was "A-1". Major kudos to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and service. Would definitely recommend...Special Features:
- mixed reviewRonRDined on 9/20/2014dinner started out great the arrancini appetizer was spectacular. the bread was outstanding. our server Kyle was wonderful. both our entrees were good (chickenTangine and the fish that was filleted at the table) at dessert things started to go down hill. the raspberry and the lava brownie. brownie was very dry. as I left I used the restroom ( if I had used it before I ate I might not have stayed) toilet paper on floor, toilet seat in one stall was wet , no seat protectors , door did not close properly in next stall, when I got to the sink area it was all wet and messySpecial Features:
- 911Racecar911racecarDined on 9/20/2014First time at Blue, and it was definitely not disappointing! The owner seated us, gave us a history of the restaurant, and described his vision and theme. We selected dishes he recommended and they were nothing short of amazing. Our waitperson was tops, assuring not only that the service was outstanding, but that she kept us on schedule - not rushed - for the symphony. The ambiance was terrific...romantic if desired, conversationally quiet, super-clean, and well appointed. All in all, a very nice place my girlfriend and I are anxious to revisit! Kudos to Blue!Special Features:
- Very enjoyablediscerningdinerDined on 9/19/2014As a New Yorker, I felt lost in a sea of "bar-restaurants" in the business district of North Carolina. Blue was a refreshing, sophisticated alternative. The food, service, and especially the ambience were all delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciouspeachplump3arDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic meal, including amazing must-have sticky toffee pudding, great service, live jazz after 8. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special dinnercotesdurhoneDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went to celebrate and had a fantastic time. The restaurant has a wonderful Mediterranean inspired menu that is still unique to the area and an extensive wine list. Service was friendly, funny, helpful, and very knowledgeable. Will definitely be back to try the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food part 1sweetheartDined on 9/6/2014Upon entrance, I noticed the nice appearance and how beautifully each table was set. I requested a gluten free menu with my reservation, and they remembered to bring it to the table without asking again. Everything was quick and delicious, served hot and fresh, cooked to perfection. Highly recommend the scallops, although the appetizer only comes with 2 they were the best scallops I have ever had! Seasonal halibut was also spot on. Mieomi pinot noir was the perfect complement to all the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in CharlotteJoeJoeVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our first time at Blue and it did not disappoint. Fergus, our server, was very knowledgeable on the menu and wine list. We had the beef tenderloin, which was the best I have ever eaten. This is a new favorite in the Queen City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our experienceCharlottefoodieDined on 9/4/2014We had a lovely meal with crab cake appetizers and scallops, very good but my one negative is that they were encased in butter. Everything tastes better in butter unless you have issues with dairy!!! We loved the pear and arugula salad and our entrees were great. My husband had the beef tenderloin and he said that it was cooked to perfection. Note, he has never said that!!! So I hail the chef for the dish. My halibut was lovely and I would order it again and again without the appetizers due to the butter content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineMemooDined on 9/3/2014My only comment was that the wine was extremely over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysAngieDined on 8/30/2014Every bite was delicious. can't wait to return. don't miss the lobster crab cakes!Special Features:
- Stellar first visitLivingwellDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary here, withan e xceptional dining experience. Started with Mussels ala Basquaise - deliciously spicy, lots of sauce to sop up with grilled focaccia. Husband had Duo of Wild Boar and loved the contrasting qualities of the two meats & piquant berry marmalade. My Pan Seared Alaskan Halibut was perfection - moist & flavorful, and the carrot-ginger puree so tasty. The ambience is lovely, intimate and tasteful. The live jazz is a nice backdrop. But the most impressive part of our evening was our waiter - friendly, knowledgable , enthusiastic in his recommendations - everything you want to gaurantee a great meal. And we were not disappointed - would definitely go back for more great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The Beef Tenderloin was DELICIOUS!!!! Paired with the Meiomi and it was perfect! My husband had the Moroccan Chicken which was also delicious! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous flavorsFriendlyKatVIPDined on 8/21/2014We really enjoy the dining experience at Blue every time we go. Our biggest problem is making decisions! Suggest more gluten-free substitutions for bread/pita. I ordered the wild boar duo which included shoulder (perfection) and tenderloin (partially undercooked - very rare pieces), but it was a very flavorful dish. I declined to send the undercooked portion back to the kitchen as we had to leave for a concert. It might be good to ask how it is generally prepared...in this case, closer to medium were the tastier morsels for me and easier to cut. My husband had the pork tenderloin which he enjoyed. The wait staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. We'll be back, especially for the foie gras!Special Features:
- Fantastic !!!SpoiledBytheBestDined on 8/20/2014I was looking for the perfect restaurant for a special night out and this is it! Everything from start to finish was very well done, they didn't miss a step. The food was great, the service was wonderful and the ambiance was just right. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I had a special cheese appetizer that was wonderful . My main course scallops, they where very favorful. Dessert was a chocolate moten with vanilla ice cream and fruit. I will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHecbadVIPDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I were visiting Charlotte and made a reservation at Blue. Great restaurand , food was fantastic and there was live jazz music that evening. Service was good (not great, but good enough)We had a great time and we will definitively go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 8/12/2014We took six folks from out of town to dinner at Blue. The food and service was first rate! Everyone including myself really enjoyed it. I will take my wife to dinner at Blue soon.Special Features:
- DougDined on 8/11/2014Food was a pleasant surprise. Decor felt like a cruise ship. though, and waitress was clearly not up to the standard intended. Tired and in bad need of an overhaul.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner reduxMarshallGDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have enjoyed dining at Blue for the past eight years since moving to the Charlotte area. A friend at work recommended Blue and it has become our favorite restaurant! We have enjoyed many great meals here but this dinner was our best yet. From the mussels appetizer to our entrees (scallops with amazing succotash and halibut with crab and a wonderful carrot purée) and topped off with a wonderful toffee pudding dessert that we shared, it was an amazing meal. The wonderfully attentive service by our waitress made this an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousOJazzVIPDined on 8/1/2014Good food is a must at a quality restaurant and Blue has it! Portions are small but just enough. The wine list has a wide range of offerings including some collectibles like Bond and Harlan cabs! The complementary valet parking was first class as well making this an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parfait!FrenchAmericanDinerDined on 7/26/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and it was perfect, start to finish. The food was absolutely delicious and presented in such a French way. We used to vacation in the South of France and we honestly felt like we were there by the wonderful selection of wine as well as both the presentation, ingredients and taste of our food. My husband ordered the foie gras for an appetizer and the wild boar for an entrée, both of which he couldn't talk enough about. I had the hummus (which I have never tasted a better hummus in my life!) and the salmon for an entrée which was just melt in your mouth! The other plus is having your car parked for free in front of the restaurant so if you have a reservation, you wouldn't have to worry about being late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014This is a wonderful place with great food. I will make sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperiencewhaplesfsDined on 7/26/2014We do Charlotte Restaurant Week every season and truly enjoy it. Blue was no exception. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The staff were extremely attentive and helpful. The food, while delicious, was not the best we've ever had. Nothing really bad just nothing memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I chose Blue for date night and what a great choice it was. The food was absolutely fabulous, the waiter (Mike D.) was great and made the experience even more enjoyable. It is our new #1 favorite place to eat.Special Features:
- Queens FeastVioReviewsDined on 7/25/2014Very generous menu for the Queens Feast. Great Food, Great wine & very good service. My wife & I come back several times every year -its one of our favorites in Charlotte!Special Features:
- Awesome In Every WayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014This place is top notch... Our waitress Katie was great and remember everything (even my modifications) by heart. The bread with cheese was the bomb that we ordered 2.... My steak was cooked to perfection.. The drinks were flavorful and modern. Loved the ambiance and scene. A must if you are downtown for the night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and service at BlueLittleKidDined on 7/24/2014Blue was a restaurant I would eagerly visit again. The food was cooked perfectly, and the service was superior. Our waiter offered thoughts on the food, his favorites, and was just a delightful individual. We went during Queen's Feast, and chose from the limited menu, but it really was not limited at all! It was really excellent. You gotta go!Special Features:
- Great experience!!!R2005Dined on 7/24/2014Wonderful food and service -- from appetizer, to entree, to dessert.Special Features:
- Charlotte Restaurant WeekFoodieatHeartDined on 7/23/2014My friends and I dined at Blue during Charlotte Restaurant Week. The overall experience was wonderful. The food was great and tasty, our server was attentive and the overall ambience of the restaurant was great! I would definitely recommend Blue to everyone. In fact, we are going back at another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.