Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
206 North College St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bluecharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7049272583
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar: Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Gene Briggs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Wednesday to Saturday evenings
- Special Events: Monthly Cooking Classes with Executive Chef Gene Briggs (1st Saturday of each month with holiday exceptions). $44.95 each course paired with wines.
Monthly Food & Wine Pairings $49.95 Five Course Pairing.
A word from Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
Blue Restaurant is a sophisticated restaurant that offers flavors from around the Mediterranean region. Our multicultural menu will take your taste buds on a whirlwind tour. prepare to experience a Moroccan Tagine, Whole Roasted Mediterranean Sea Bass or a Tenderloin a la Blue. as you travel around the menu, you will be delighted with familiar dishes and excited by others you have yet to explore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (71)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (56)good for groups (39)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (19)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (14)scenic view (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great special dinnercotesdurhoneDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went to celebrate and had a fantastic time. The restaurant has a wonderful Mediterranean inspired menu that is still unique to the area and an extensive wine list. Service was friendly, funny, helpful, and very knowledgeable. Will definitely be back to try the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food part 1sweetheartDined on 9/6/2014Upon entrance, I noticed the nice appearance and how beautifully each table was set. I requested a gluten free menu with my reservation, and they remembered to bring it to the table without asking again. Everything was quick and delicious, served hot and fresh, cooked to perfection. Highly recommend the scallops, although the appetizer only comes with 2 they were the best scallops I have ever had! Seasonal halibut was also spot on. Mieomi pinot noir was the perfect complement to all the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in CharlotteJoeJoeVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our first time at Blue and it did not disappoint. Fergus, our server, was very knowledgeable on the menu and wine list. We had the beef tenderloin, which was the best I have ever eaten. This is a new favorite in the Queen City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our experienceCharlottefoodieDined on 9/4/2014We had a lovely meal with crab cake appetizers and scallops, very good but my one negative is that they were encased in butter. Everything tastes better in butter unless you have issues with dairy!!! We loved the pear and arugula salad and our entrees were great. My husband had the beef tenderloin and he said that it was cooked to perfection. Note, he has never said that!!! So I hail the chef for the dish. My halibut was lovely and I would order it again and again without the appetizers due to the butter content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineMemooDined on 9/3/2014My only comment was that the wine was extremely over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysAngieDined on 8/30/2014Every bite was delicious. can't wait to return. don't miss the lobster crab cakes!Special Features:
- Stellar first visitLivingwellDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary here, withan e xceptional dining experience. Started with Mussels ala Basquaise - deliciously spicy, lots of sauce to sop up with grilled focaccia. Husband had Duo of Wild Boar and loved the contrasting qualities of the two meats & piquant berry marmalade. My Pan Seared Alaskan Halibut was perfection - moist & flavorful, and the carrot-ginger puree so tasty. The ambience is lovely, intimate and tasteful. The live jazz is a nice backdrop. But the most impressive part of our evening was our waiter - friendly, knowledgable , enthusiastic in his recommendations - everything you want to gaurantee a great meal. And we were not disappointed - would definitely go back for more great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The Beef Tenderloin was DELICIOUS!!!! Paired with the Meiomi and it was perfect! My husband had the Moroccan Chicken which was also delicious! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous flavorsFriendlyKatVIPDined on 8/21/2014We really enjoy the dining experience at Blue every time we go. Our biggest problem is making decisions! Suggest more gluten-free substitutions for bread/pita. I ordered the wild boar duo which included shoulder (perfection) and tenderloin (partially undercooked - very rare pieces), but it was a very flavorful dish. I declined to send the undercooked portion back to the kitchen as we had to leave for a concert. It might be good to ask how it is generally prepared...in this case, closer to medium were the tastier morsels for me and easier to cut. My husband had the pork tenderloin which he enjoyed. The wait staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. We'll be back, especially for the foie gras!Special Features:
- Fantastic !!!SpoiledBytheBestDined on 8/20/2014I was looking for the perfect restaurant for a special night out and this is it! Everything from start to finish was very well done, they didn't miss a step. The food was great, the service was wonderful and the ambiance was just right. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I had a special cheese appetizer that was wonderful . My main course scallops, they where very favorful. Dessert was a chocolate moten with vanilla ice cream and fruit. I will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHecbadVIPDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I were visiting Charlotte and made a reservation at Blue. Great restaurand , food was fantastic and there was live jazz music that evening. Service was good (not great, but good enough)We had a great time and we will definitively go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 8/12/2014We took six folks from out of town to dinner at Blue. The food and service was first rate! Everyone including myself really enjoyed it. I will take my wife to dinner at Blue soon.Special Features:
- DougDined on 8/11/2014Food was a pleasant surprise. Decor felt like a cruise ship. though, and waitress was clearly not up to the standard intended. Tired and in bad need of an overhaul.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner reduxMarshallGDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have enjoyed dining at Blue for the past eight years since moving to the Charlotte area. A friend at work recommended Blue and it has become our favorite restaurant! We have enjoyed many great meals here but this dinner was our best yet. From the mussels appetizer to our entrees (scallops with amazing succotash and halibut with crab and a wonderful carrot purée) and topped off with a wonderful toffee pudding dessert that we shared, it was an amazing meal. The wonderfully attentive service by our waitress made this an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousOJazzDined on 8/1/2014Good food is a must at a quality restaurant and Blue has it! Portions are small but just enough. The wine list has a wide range of offerings including some collectibles like Bond and Harlan cabs! The complementary valet parking was first class as well making this an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parfait!FrenchAmericanDinerDined on 7/26/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and it was perfect, start to finish. The food was absolutely delicious and presented in such a French way. We used to vacation in the South of France and we honestly felt like we were there by the wonderful selection of wine as well as both the presentation, ingredients and taste of our food. My husband ordered the foie gras for an appetizer and the wild boar for an entrée, both of which he couldn't talk enough about. I had the hummus (which I have never tasted a better hummus in my life!) and the salmon for an entrée which was just melt in your mouth! The other plus is having your car parked for free in front of the restaurant so if you have a reservation, you wouldn't have to worry about being late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014This is a wonderful place with great food. I will make sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperiencewhaplesfsDined on 7/26/2014We do Charlotte Restaurant Week every season and truly enjoy it. Blue was no exception. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The staff were extremely attentive and helpful. The food, while delicious, was not the best we've ever had. Nothing really bad just nothing memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I chose Blue for date night and what a great choice it was. The food was absolutely fabulous, the waiter (Mike D.) was great and made the experience even more enjoyable. It is our new #1 favorite place to eat.Special Features:
- Queens FeastVioReviewsDined on 7/25/2014Very generous menu for the Queens Feast. Great Food, Great wine & very good service. My wife & I come back several times every year -its one of our favorites in Charlotte!Special Features:
- Awesome In Every WayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014This place is top notch... Our waitress Katie was great and remember everything (even my modifications) by heart. The bread with cheese was the bomb that we ordered 2.... My steak was cooked to perfection.. The drinks were flavorful and modern. Loved the ambiance and scene. A must if you are downtown for the night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and service at BlueLittleKidDined on 7/24/2014Blue was a restaurant I would eagerly visit again. The food was cooked perfectly, and the service was superior. Our waiter offered thoughts on the food, his favorites, and was just a delightful individual. We went during Queen's Feast, and chose from the limited menu, but it really was not limited at all! It was really excellent. You gotta go!Special Features:
- Great experience!!!R2005Dined on 7/24/2014Wonderful food and service -- from appetizer, to entree, to dessert.Special Features:
- Charlotte Restaurant WeekFoodieatHeartDined on 7/23/2014My friends and I dined at Blue during Charlotte Restaurant Week. The overall experience was wonderful. The food was great and tasty, our server was attentive and the overall ambience of the restaurant was great! I would definitely recommend Blue to everyone. In fact, we are going back at another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jazzlady123Dined on 7/23/2014The dinner was Fabulous, the staff Excellent and the atmosphere was Beautiful!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in CharlotteDerekDined on 7/22/2014Our service was impeccable, friendly, and incredibly fast. The ambiance was romantic but not too dark, dinner ware was of high quality, and the moment we asked for anything we received it within seconds. The food was unreal...I mean we have never had anything like this type of Mediterranean before. I highly recommend the flat iron steak. Our server Allan was just the man...such an amazing experience at Blue. I will be recommending it to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent food and service at Blue. Also, live music created nice atmosphere in bar area after dinner. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekfoodieDined on 7/18/2014My boyfriend and I tried Blue for the first time during Restaurant Week. My first impression was that the decor was pretty 90s, with the split level floors and wrap around booths. There was no music playing, unfortunately, so it was just the sound of others conversations. There was a jazz band setting up, but they didn't start playing while we were there. I ordered the Fattoush salad - amazing! My boyfriend ordered the lamb flatbread - enough food for a meal. For our entrees we ordered the salmon and steak. My salmon was very rich, but delicious. The steak was also cooked perfectly! For dessert I had the lemon pie and my boyfriend had the chocolate cake with ice cream. So full halfway through!Special Features:
- Restaurant week gemAndersenEatsDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I tried Blue during Charlotte's Restaurant Week and it was fantastic! We loved the lamb flatbread appetizer-really unique flavors. For our main course he had the pork tenderloin with bacon jam-great meaty flavor and I had the Scottish salmon over summer squash gratin which was topped with an herb dressing that just brightened the whole dish. Dessert was fantastic and they validate parking in the Hearst tower also. Only complaint was our server seemed to be rushing us to choose all our courses at once, probably because we were eating dinner at essentially half price, but we will probably be going back and eating here again at full price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceConcordncDined on 7/17/2014I have been going to Blue for over 10 years and I am never disappointed. The staff makes this an Event not just a dinner. From the wine list to the main meal I am always more than impressed and leave happy.Special Features:
- ExceptionalfoodieatheartVIPDined on 7/15/2014Loved Blue...Gordon provided the best service and recommendations. Food was exceptionally prepared and Scott took such great care of us. Can't wait to return to try some other items on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Spot in downtown CharlotteRobertDined on 7/15/2014Gotta be one of the BEST restaurants in the greater Charlotte area !! Superb wines + excellent menu + atttentive service = a perfect night out on the Charlotte scene !! Really happy that Blue is among the Charlotte area's Open Table listingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place in TowngreatVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great bar, great food, great entertainment, in the middle of uptown. The food is special -- not ordinary.Special Features:
- unpleasant waiterdelightfulDined on 7/12/2014My friends and I went to Blue Restaurant for dinner prior to going to JT concert. The waiter, John, started out really nice and attentive, however his demeanor changed once we told him we had a TravelZoo coupon for the meal that evening. He became standoffish with us for the rest of the evening. Then when the bill came, the bill had the suggested gratuity included. When we didn't feel he deserved that amount and paid him, he returned looking for the additional tip. I thought that was totally unprofessional and that we would have paid him the suggested amount had he given us excellent service. The food was excellent and the ambiance was really nice, however I would not go back there due to the poor service we had with our waiter.Special Features:
- Great evening visiting CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014On our recent trip to Charlotte, we tried Blue and with great service from our waiter Mike D who guided us through the menu and wine pairings we enjoyed a great evening of dining. Started with scallops wrapped in prosciutto (as good as I have ever had) we also tried the lobster/crab cakes that were very good. An heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad was tasty as well. Then we enjoyed the main course, the Alaskan halibut was good and the duo of wild boar on a chestnut risotto was outstanding. The chef also treated us to a taste of the lamb belly which was a special treat and I will try on my next visit. An overall great evening of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair at BestRockcVIPDined on 7/4/2014My spouse and I were visiting Charlotte and decided to visit Blue based on the "best restaurants" list produced by a local publication. Unfortunately, the food was not great. Our waiter recommended the scallops, and they were touted as a signature appetizer on the menu, but what arrived were two tiny scallops wrapped in pork and dripping in butter sauce that left a lot to be desired. Our Mediterranean platter salad course tasted over refrigerated with the hummus flat and stiff. I ordered the chicken tagine which not only wasn't true to the morrocan preparation, the chicken arrived on top of boiled vegetables floating in flavorless water. My husband got two single lamb chops with a plateful of tasteless mashed potatoes. We were disappointed
- A Must Visit - Don't Miss Outcldark66Dined on 6/28/2014Visiting from Raleigh, we were looking for a restaurant in downtown Charlotte where we could enjoy great food and pleasant ambiance. Perusing OpenTable for options, we settled on Blue instead of a steakhouse (we were intrigued by the menu, especially the Wild Boar). We were not disappointed, in fact, we enjoyed our meal and evening so much that we are already planning our next visit. The wine list was certainly impressive, as was the food. We ordered the lamb and the Italian appetizers. For dinner, we had the halibut (two of us did) beef tenderloin, and yes, the Wild Boar. Each dish was fabulous! The portion sizes were perfect (if you have a BIG appetite, you will want an appetizer and salad). If you are in Charlotte, try Blue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmarlyDined on 6/21/2014Sea Bass and Salmon dishes were very good. Our server was knowledgeable and prompt. Wine list is extensive.Special Features:
- TerrificOntheprairieDined on 6/19/2014Dinner was amazing! Larry our waiter helped us make fabulous selections and we were delighted in every course. I highly recommend their scallop appetizer. springing for the cheese plate, Wild Boar and of course there famous Sticky Pudding! The background music provided by musicians in the lounge added just enough sound to provided nice back drop for our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.