Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
206 North College St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bluecharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7049272583
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar: Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Gene Briggs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Wednesday to Saturday evenings
- Special Events: Monthly Cooking Classes with Executive Chef Gene Briggs (1st Saturday of each month with holiday exceptions). $44.95 each course paired with wines.
Monthly Food & Wine Pairings $49.95 Five Course Pairing.
A word from Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC
Blue Restaurant is a sophisticated restaurant that offers flavors from around the Mediterranean region. Our multicultural menu will take your taste buds on a whirlwind tour. prepare to experience a Moroccan Tagine, Whole Roasted Mediterranean Sea Bass or a Tenderloin a la Blue. as you travel around the menu, you will be delighted with familiar dishes and excited by others you have yet to explore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Blue Restaurant - Charlotte, NC reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)fit for foodies (80)romantic (76)notable wine list (66)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (24)late-night find (22)neighborhood gem (14)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- CltbillVIPDined on 10/22/2014Took out-of-town friends because we wanted to show them that Charlotte has a place where you can get interesting and excellently prepared food. Blue didn't disappoint - had great service and a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Serious foodie find inMayfairdrDined on 10/21/2014Extensive wine and martini list to complement both seasonal and creative regular menus. Wild boar was exceptional. 6-7 unique flavor profiles, all exceptional, on this dish alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I chose this restaurant for our anniversary and I was not disappointed.The food was excellent and the wine pairings fit perfectly with our dishes. The jazz music was noticeable but not overbearing, a nice addition to an elegant restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent & Uniquerrb7Dined on 10/18/2014Terrific spot in Uptown Charlotte. Creative dishes with an outstanding wine list. Saturday evening jazz was especially good and kept at a moderate to almost quiet volume level which allowed conversation without shouting. Alex has really done a fantastic job at creating both an atmosphere and experience--wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Will get you out of the blues.HoboSueDined on 10/18/2014The food was tasty, particularly the scallop appetizer! Husband got chicken from the seasonal menu, and I couldn't stop stealing bites from the polenta on his plate. I ordered the Tenderloin ala Blue, which was also cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!ScottRDined on 10/17/2014We dined at Blue Restaurant for the first time this weekend for my girlfriends birthday. I read a few reviews that were not great but we went anyway. The food was excellent and all servers were very attentive and courteous and we loved the extensive wine list. We had excellent service from "Katie" who knew the menu inside and out. The music started at 9pm as advertised and was good. Not too loud and could be heard and seen from all over the restaurant. It's a little pricey but we knew that prior so no complaints on that. Not sure why some people were giving poor reviews, we loved it and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, classy restaurant downtown. Complimentary valet was an added bonus.Special Features:
- Great Jazz & Food on Friday night!JacquiDined on 10/17/2014Had a great girls birthday celebration, good food and jazz with good friends. Exceptional staff!! Valet parking made it easy to enjoy an uptown restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksCGDinerDined on 10/16/2014Great menu. Terrific drinks. Adequately attentive wait staff. Go for the food and the live music.Special Features:
- BluekrpdiverDined on 10/11/2014We love the ambiance at Blue but were not overly impressed with either service or food this visit. Since we are creative foodies at home, when we splurge on dining out, we do have high expectations. Asparagus was puny with a couple of fibrous strands, $ 38 heart of ribeye just average. Seems prices keep rising and quality compromised.Special Features:
- Great Fancy Ambiance and Live MusicRuchaHeminDined on 10/8/2014It was my husband's 29th Birthday and we recently moved from NY to Charlotte and I came across this place online, I chose this as they had Live Music on Wednesday night, which is i think hard to find in Charlotte. There was Jazz Live music,singer was amazing,not too loud-more like a background music where two people still can talk and hear each other properly. Food was amazing,They even made me vegetarian appetizer and portions are big,usually I have seen in NJ/NY in any Fancy restaurants food portions are very small,that was not the case here. Best part I like was the service,Brett was out waiter/chef,He was very friendly & when he found out we are new in town,he suggest us many good places to go and provided very good service,Loved it!Special Features:
- Decent experienceSilsDined on 10/4/2014Made reservations a week in advance but when the Greeter saw my girlfriend and I were younger, he seated us in a side room of the restaurant even though the main dining room was wide open. Right after our waiter moved us to a new table they seated a loud birthday party right next to where we would have been. Thank goodness we were moved. Our waiter was fantastic. He was very personable and made great recommendations. Our food was all pretty good, but it's difficult to look past the disrespect we felt at first.Special Features:
- Wow, the special was greatWillDined on 10/4/2014We when to Blue Saturday night before a show. We had the NC Grouper and Risotto was outstanding. It was amazing and we are ready to go back alreadySpecial Features:
- Magnificent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/4/2014Do not waste time deciding where to eat in Uptown Charlotte and head straight to Blue. Every bite taken at our meal was an absolute delight! We started with the scallop appetizer with scallops wrapped in proscuito, perfectly cooked and topped with an lemon marmalade. The focaccia bread was warm with a nice crust and wonderful with the olive butter served alongside. The halibut and scallop entrees were to die for and it was a toss up as to which dessert was better - between the Chocoloate Molten Cake and the Sticky Toffee Pudding. Dine there and enjoy!Special Features:
- Great food, drink and serviceBackupDined on 10/3/2014Fabulous food and drinks. Great service. Music was OK, depends on guest artist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, terrible service94thSRTVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was fantastic, the drinks were great, but the waiter was terrible. I will go back again as it seemed to be isolated to the one waiter.Special Features:
- Fergus was fantastic as waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Casual but nice approach to checking in at the bar, while our group of 7 assembled. The table was ready and service by Fergus was immediate. Of most important note, was Fergus' excellent recommendations of appetizers, salads, entrees, wines and deserts......all 100% spot on. And done with a great sense of humor. Especially the crusted scallops and grouper with unudual but incredibly tasty pureed carrots......got to try it before you take a position. The wild boar was highly enjoyed. Also the cheese plate was a lot of fun and great to pass around.Special Features:
- Good food and servicePaulDined on 9/27/2014We dine here most evenings when we have Symphony tickets. The food is good, the service is always excellent and the atmosphere is quiet enough to carry on an ordinary conversation at the table. Our waitress, Mallisa (98) kept us on time for the theater and brought my wife a complementary dessert for her birthday. We will be back again.Special Features:
- blue1Dined on 9/25/2014Great food..always consistant!! Atmosphere is perfect for a Executive dinner to impress or a casual meal :)Special Features:
- Quiet restaurant great foodWearyBusinessTravellerDined on 9/25/2014A very quiet Thursday night but with wonderful food and service. The steaks and wild boat dishes were very tasty. The service was prompt and very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAfoodieDined on 9/24/2014Great service, good food, wonderful atmosphere. Unique selectionsSpecial Features:
- food was awfultheatergoersDined on 9/23/2014We went to Blue for dinner prior to going to the theater and both ordered the flat iron steak. Both steaks were very tough with too much gristle to even eat. We both left more than half of the steaks on the plate. Also we both felt that drink prices were extremely high. We will not go again, there are too many better choices in the area.
- Pre-theater groupMohakatinoDined on 9/23/2014Pluses: noise level low enough for normal conversation Efficient and unobtrusive service Excellent wine list Menu extensive but not overly so Minus: Food 90% excellent, except for one member of my group who was served gristly steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showBlackeyeDined on 9/22/2014We had early reservations due to show at Knight Theater. Crowd was small but vibrant. The service was excellent. The food was delicious and well prepared and presented. The grilled Scottish salmon was cooked just right and was wonderful. The beef tenderloin ala Blue was cooked rare and was delicious and moist and was excellent. The wine added a great finishing touch to an excellent dinner and a great night out.Special Features:
- Delicious and enjoyable. Upbeat!RossaCorso355Dined on 9/20/2014Took my wife here as she loves Medetrrainian food. Impressed. The menu was varied and the good was fantastic. Allen, our server was too notch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PantherFan12Dined on 9/20/2014Although a little pricey, it was a great back drop to a wonderful evening. Good ambiance with a wonderful jazz band; The Presley Group. The tone was set by the host and it kept getting better from there. From the wait-staff to the meal presentations, the food was "A-1". Major kudos to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and service. Would definitely recommend...Special Features:
- mixed reviewRonRDined on 9/20/2014dinner started out great the arrancini appetizer was spectacular. the bread was outstanding. our server Kyle was wonderful. both our entrees were good (chickenTangine and the fish that was filleted at the table) at dessert things started to go down hill. the raspberry and the lava brownie. brownie was very dry. as I left I used the restroom ( if I had used it before I ate I might not have stayed) toilet paper on floor, toilet seat in one stall was wet , no seat protectors , door did not close properly in next stall, when I got to the sink area it was all wet and messySpecial Features:
- 911Racecar911racecarDined on 9/20/2014First time at Blue, and it was definitely not disappointing! The owner seated us, gave us a history of the restaurant, and described his vision and theme. We selected dishes he recommended and they were nothing short of amazing. Our waitperson was tops, assuring not only that the service was outstanding, but that she kept us on schedule - not rushed - for the symphony. The ambiance was terrific...romantic if desired, conversationally quiet, super-clean, and well appointed. All in all, a very nice place my girlfriend and I are anxious to revisit! Kudos to Blue!Special Features:
- Very enjoyablediscerningdinerDined on 9/19/2014As a New Yorker, I felt lost in a sea of "bar-restaurants" in the business district of North Carolina. Blue was a refreshing, sophisticated alternative. The food, service, and especially the ambience were all delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciouspeachplump3arDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic meal, including amazing must-have sticky toffee pudding, great service, live jazz after 8. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special dinnercotesdurhoneDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went to celebrate and had a fantastic time. The restaurant has a wonderful Mediterranean inspired menu that is still unique to the area and an extensive wine list. Service was friendly, funny, helpful, and very knowledgeable. Will definitely be back to try the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food part 1sweetheartDined on 9/6/2014Upon entrance, I noticed the nice appearance and how beautifully each table was set. I requested a gluten free menu with my reservation, and they remembered to bring it to the table without asking again. Everything was quick and delicious, served hot and fresh, cooked to perfection. Highly recommend the scallops, although the appetizer only comes with 2 they were the best scallops I have ever had! Seasonal halibut was also spot on. Mieomi pinot noir was the perfect complement to all the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in CharlotteJoeJoeVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our first time at Blue and it did not disappoint. Fergus, our server, was very knowledgeable on the menu and wine list. We had the beef tenderloin, which was the best I have ever eaten. This is a new favorite in the Queen City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our experienceCharlottefoodieDined on 9/4/2014We had a lovely meal with crab cake appetizers and scallops, very good but my one negative is that they were encased in butter. Everything tastes better in butter unless you have issues with dairy!!! We loved the pear and arugula salad and our entrees were great. My husband had the beef tenderloin and he said that it was cooked to perfection. Note, he has never said that!!! So I hail the chef for the dish. My halibut was lovely and I would order it again and again without the appetizers due to the butter content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineMemooDined on 9/3/2014My only comment was that the wine was extremely over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysAngieDined on 8/30/2014Every bite was delicious. can't wait to return. don't miss the lobster crab cakes!Special Features:
- Stellar first visitLivingwellDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary here, withan e xceptional dining experience. Started with Mussels ala Basquaise - deliciously spicy, lots of sauce to sop up with grilled focaccia. Husband had Duo of Wild Boar and loved the contrasting qualities of the two meats & piquant berry marmalade. My Pan Seared Alaskan Halibut was perfection - moist & flavorful, and the carrot-ginger puree so tasty. The ambience is lovely, intimate and tasteful. The live jazz is a nice backdrop. But the most impressive part of our evening was our waiter - friendly, knowledgable , enthusiastic in his recommendations - everything you want to gaurantee a great meal. And we were not disappointed - would definitely go back for more great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The Beef Tenderloin was DELICIOUS!!!! Paired with the Meiomi and it was perfect! My husband had the Moroccan Chicken which was also delicious! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous flavorsFriendlyKatVIPDined on 8/21/2014We really enjoy the dining experience at Blue every time we go. Our biggest problem is making decisions! Suggest more gluten-free substitutions for bread/pita. I ordered the wild boar duo which included shoulder (perfection) and tenderloin (partially undercooked - very rare pieces), but it was a very flavorful dish. I declined to send the undercooked portion back to the kitchen as we had to leave for a concert. It might be good to ask how it is generally prepared...in this case, closer to medium were the tastier morsels for me and easier to cut. My husband had the pork tenderloin which he enjoyed. The wait staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. We'll be back, especially for the foie gras!Special Features:
- Fantastic !!!SpoiledBytheBestDined on 8/20/2014I was looking for the perfect restaurant for a special night out and this is it! Everything from start to finish was very well done, they didn't miss a step. The food was great, the service was wonderful and the ambiance was just right. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.