815 11th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluepryntsacramento.com/
- Phone: 9164922969
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM; Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM,
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American
- Executive Chef: Jason Lockard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Blue Prynt
Blue Prynt is a place where Quality Food and Upscale dining come together with a Casual atmosphere and friendly service for a unique dining experience. The food is as approachable as it is refined. We put together quality ingredients with the idea that a night out shouldn’t only be reserved for special occasions. We’re a restaurant that thanks you for your patronage by serving quality ingredients at reasonable prices with a humble attitude.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Prynt reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- First TimersNettieDined on 9/6/2014WE had the best time EVER! The drinks, the food, the service were all just so fabulous! Can't wait to go back and enjoy ourselves! Happy hour is fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the worse on your ListingDiamondFirstDined on 8/6/2014This place is of very low quality and should not be on your listing. We love Open Table and have always trusted your selections until this one. It is a noisy messy hole in the wall. Sorry but we entered and left before having dinner.
- The following 145 reviews are from the Blue Prynt reviews archive.
- mothers day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2014Food and service was excellent for the price...I would recommend giving it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBakingmamaDined on 5/11/2014Came here for brunch on Mother's Day. We had made reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived. The brunch buffet was really good. Nice variety of food and everything tasted delicious. Service was good, staff was friendly. I would definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid Friendly Mother's Day BrunchMacGregorDined on 5/11/2014We love this place. Great atmosphere, kid friendly and ample booth seating. This Mother's Day we had a reservation for 6 (2 adults, 2 children, 1 toddler and 1 infant). The restaurant has excellent food and fantastic service. It was buffet style with a multitude of options: fruit, blueberry pancakes, full half crabs, bottomless mimosas, crab benedict, and the requisite bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns. All delicious!Special Features:
- At least it's close . . .HallieDined on 5/9/2014Eating within short walking distance (2 - 3 blocks) of the Wells Fargo Pavilion/Sacramento Theatre Company/Music Circus is difficult. Eating great food in that circle is impossible.Special Features:
- LindsDined on 5/3/2014Great server - very responsive, funny and well acquainted with the menu. Food was fine - particularly for the reasonable prices. The place did not appear to be as clean as I would have like - spots on the chairs and carpet.
- Great Food and ServiceSpinitDined on 4/24/2014The rib eye steak came with tasty horseradish sauce and au juice sauce, and it was huge. Great veggies. Good calamari. Excellent service. Good value too...very reasonably priced. A winner in every sense.Special Features:
- easter brunchpickyeaterDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I went for Easter brunch. It was our first time at the restaurant. The food was good and the service was great. The food selection and freshness was great. Parking was OK but it was shared with Best Western hotel which made it confusing. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my what a floppiobreDined on 3/15/2014This is the most disappointing restaurant we have dined in in All of Sacramento. The service was superb and attentive but the food was almost inedible. I am not sure if some of the food was just microwaved and had never seen a stove. Surely the kitchen staff can do better than this.
- Food was good and deliveredenergy05Dined on 2/15/2014Food was good and delivered quickly. Wait staff was short staffed so service at first was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dineJvchenDined on 2/15/2014Waiters were really nice and the food was yummy. I really liked the fish and chips as well as the surf and turf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ChoiceValentinesDayDined on 2/14/2014Never been before. Pleasantly surprised. Helpful friendly staff. Fast service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodWillnMatt1998Dined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentine's Day dinner. The food was good.Special Features:
- Valentine's dinnerjleffDined on 2/14/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated immediately. I had flowers delivered before hand and those were waiting for my date and I. There was a slight discrepancy between the online menu and the in resturaunt menu. The server was able to have a special dinner made up for my date. The food was good, service was good. Would return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt pleaseFoodIsGoodDined on 2/14/2014There was nearly no seasoning on the food. I wish I knew it is located in a best western hotel!
- Blue PryntoldscoutDined on 2/14/2014New to the area and went to Blue Prynt for Valentine's Day dinner with my wife, who is a foodie. Took a chance just from reviews and had a great time. The place was not noisy and you could carry on a conversation without shouting like at some other midtown restaurants. My food was prepared perfectly ( surf and turf) and they had a good tap beer selection. The wait staff was friendly and attentive but not hovering. Lots of easy parking, even on a Friday night. Had a drink outside at the small outdoor seating area. My wife rated her experience as excellent. I shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed50SomethingDined on 2/14/2014I was really hoping to be wowed, but overall this restaurant falls short. The food was good, but not special. The Lemon Drop Martini was very good and not over priced. Service was very good. Waiter knew when to come to the table, and when not to, which is a hard skill for many waiters. The biggest disappointment was the restaurant decor ~ Upscale Denny's at best. It is disjointed and really doesn't make a statement of what kind of restaurant it wants to be. The name says it all ~ just a "blue print" of a restaurant.
- goodlynneyDined on 2/14/2014Found servie to be excellent . Food good but wanted larger portion of duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the entrance is confusingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014the entrance is confusing for diners waiting to be seated. There isn't a hostess station or reception area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eatsluv2eatDined on 1/17/2014The Dine Downtown program gave me the chance to experience a new place. The food and service was excellent. The recommendations by the staff were outstanding. All of us loved the food that we ordered and will definitely come again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great. BasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2014Good, but not great. Based on decor and menu, I'm not sure what the theme of the restaurant was, so that was slightly odd. Not entirely sure that I will seek this restaurant out again, but if I somehow found myself back, I won't throw a fit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Downtown at Blue PryntjwinDined on 1/15/2014I went with 2 friends and it was disappointing. The food in some cases was very good, and in others bad. I had fish which was overcooked, and the risotto it was served with was flavorful, but not as creamy as expected. The waiter tried to warn us off of the polenta, and we should have taken his advice. The first drink was awesome, but the second had to be sent back. The decor is disjointed, and I have had much better food and atmosphere at other places in Sac. With a dew tweaks they could be great, but for now I wont be back.
- Food is good and price is rightTeddyDined on 1/15/2014We came because of the Dine Sacramento event but got a lot for our money. Had the three course meal. Prime rib was excellent could not eat it all the piece was so large. Loved the chowder and had a decadent chocolate dessert. Server was very good and all in all it was a great find.Special Features:
- Just a neighborhood jointDinerHawk14Dined on 1/15/2014They tried to be upscale but it was a bit disappointing. It was extremely noisy. We arrived at 6:30 and the restaurant was full and bar was full with after-work drinkers (they emptied out by 7:30). Our table was ready and placed under a glaring spotlight (nix any romantic thoughts). The 5 of us all had the prix fixe meals. The waitstaff seemed to be overwhelmed and food timing was way off. One of our cocktails was forgotten until we reminded them. With so much variety and choices of restaurants out there now, I'll probably keep trying other spots for dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointedThirstyDined on 1/14/2014Went to Blue Prynt as part of the dine downtown Sacramento week on a Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm. Waited 10 minutes before a waiter talked to us, then waited 35 minutes for 4 drinks. The wine list is poor. The Manhattan was small and watered down badly. The food was pretty weak; overcooked calamari, overcooked prime rib, lousy bread. The duck breast was OK. Desserts were average. Overall it was a very unimpressive evening of drinks, dinner and restaurant.
- Great dinners, wines and dessertsBeccaVIPDined on 1/14/2014My husband and I along with our friends loved the food, wine and dessert. We would like to come back.Special Features:
- Prime Rib was good. CalamariNeighborVIPDined on 1/14/2014Prime Rib was good. Calamari appetizer was a bit tough and chewy.Special Features:
- BEST POLENTA, ever!hapacjDined on 1/13/2014Not a polenta fan, but this was outstanding. Duck breast was good too. Can't go wrong with chocolate strawberriesSpecial Features:
- Downtown Dine experienceGayleDined on 1/12/2014This was one of a large number of restaurants participating in Sacramento's downtown dine annual event. After viewing the list of participating restaurants,we chose Blue Prynt because we had nto been there before, and because i had a favorable online review. The selections for the prix fix dinner included an appetizer, soup or salad, entree and dessert, one more that the majority of other participating restaurants. We both enjoyed our selections in each category. Service wasfriendly,but not very timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server brought wrong bottleBaseballMomDined on 1/12/2014Server brought wrong bottle of wine at first, then just poured right bottle for everyone without asking if we wanted to taste. Took 20 minutes to get bread; appetizers and salads came at same time. Main entrees were cold, had obviously been sitting under a heat lamp for long time. Appetizers and dessert were great, but would not go back.
- It started out greatlisascircleDined on 1/12/2014The good; the server was friendly and made personal recommendations. She was attentive for the first part of the meal. The bad; I'm not sure what happened, but there was a long wait for our entrée and when we received them the sides were all cold. The service when downhill as the restaurant got busy. I made the mistake of not getting water when we were seated, thinking my iced tea would be refilled in a timely manner. I did get the tea refilled eventually, but no ice. The food was okay, but nothing to go back for.
- Hidden gemfjcsDined on 1/11/2014At first glance we were a little hesitant. However, the service was excellent as well as the food. This place is truly a hidden gem. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timing of bringing out food was offSaruVIPDined on 1/11/2014the water, appetizers, soup, and salad came out immediately. we had to wait quite a while for the entrees. we had to ask for bread. the phyllo dough mushroom appetizer was outstanding as was the phyllo dough dessert. the caesar salad was terrible. I couldn't figure out how they could make this salad so bad. My husband said his prime rib was good; my daughter's duck was ok, but not great. My halibut was dry. I think the fish had been sitting under hot lights for some time. Risotto was tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine outTobyVIPDined on 1/11/2014Went for the dine out Sacramento meal. Good choices and excellent fare! Apetizer was shared, but the mushroom dish was plenty for two.Special Features:
- Went during the $31/platelike2eatDined on 1/10/2014Went during the $31/plate Sacramento Downtown Dining Out. Food was great, the mushroom basket outstanding. Duck breast a little dried out. Furniture needs remodeling. Overall would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great!! Food disappointingCEUSDined on 1/10/2014We revisited the Blue Prynt during Dine Downtown event since we had such an excellent meal last year and have been back since for Happy Hour and dining out; sadly we found this experience "wanting". Sadly, they did not offer the lobster chowder; soup was just 'okay' The service was attentive, however, we found our mashed potatoes too salty and our prime rib overdone (we ordered rare to medium rare and was served medium... It would appear they ran out earlier of our selection but did not give us a choice for an alternative. We likes the mushroom basket but would suggest that they heated the mushrooms in the basket prior to service. The two highlights was the awesome Jalapeño margaritas and the Phyllo Flower desser inventive and satisfyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Downtown 2014KimiKVIPDined on 1/10/2014My husband and I visited this restaurant because they were participating in Dine Downtown Sacramento 2014 and we liked their menu. The shrimp cocktail we shared was very good. The salads served were large portions. The shrimp were large and perfectly cooked. Our prime rib slice was thick and moist. The au jus had a hint of rosemary and was very tasty. The chocolate covered strawberries I ordered was excellent. The phyllo flower dessert my husband ordered was a phyllo dish with ice cream, drizzled with caramel and chocolate. We thought it was very good, especially with the cinnamon sugar sprinkled on the phyllo. The service was friendly, the ambiance suggested night club-ish, and the food was good. We would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, just not great. HadBob1VIPDined on 1/10/2014Good, just not great. Had rib eye and halibut, good just not special enough for a repeat. Could have made it at home just as well.
- Loud, but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2014We were there for the Dine Downtown menu. I went out on a limb and ordered the duck. I don't need to try duck again. I suspect it was good duck...I just don't think duck is a dish for me. My husband's prime rib was heavenly. (he let me try it) Our server was attentive and paced our courses appropriately. Our only complaint was that it WAS loud. The bar area is in a very echo-y area and that carried into the dining space. My husband's seat (booth) had a tear. Minor, but an "attention to detail" issue. I would like to go back and either get the prime rib or just order "not duck"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.