Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
13499 SE Cleveland Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33907Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluepointerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2394330924
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill features the freshest seafood from Boston, the Pacific Coast, the Great Lakes & the Gulf of Mexico served with distinctive style in a contemporary & comfortable setting complete with a full raw bar/lounge & expansive outdoor seating area. "If you're a seafood zealot who savors the fruits of the sea for every course at dinner and dismisses dessert to leave room for raw oysters at the start of the meal, then you have found your culinary paradise in Blue Pointe" Gulf shore Life Click here for information on special events and promotions http://www.bluepointerestaurant.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers - Best Restaurants in Fort Myers ›
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (23)good for groups (14)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (9)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)Show More
- Friends Loved itOystermanDined on 8/30/2014We took some friends who had never been there before and they were really impressed and said they would definitely come back. Me too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best raw barflagirlDined on 8/27/2014Albert was requested by us as our server for the night & he was winderful, as always! Met & greeted by many of the staff I know by name and love feeling like they r one happy collective family that has all been wrking together along time. They r all indeed a well oiled fine machine. Dave gave tips to Albert abt my food allergies and requests for special attention to entree. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Sat out on the side patio, a fav spot, & delighted in being outside al fresco watching the passers by while we indulged in fresh delish food! Love Blue Pointe & all the employees! Wonderful fresh food and hard working ppl! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect fresh oysters and more2bigeatersVIPDined on 8/27/2014We were fortunate to have Ryan advising and serving us wonderful lunchtime treats. We shared a dozen very fresh malapeque oysters, a couple of cups of soup and two generous house salads. Couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerpatmikeDined on 8/26/2014We regularly visit Blue Pointe. They have Lake Erie perch on the menu. very hard to find in Florida. This night they featured a 1 1/2 pound lobster and it was terrific. Blue pointe is newly renovated and its a very good spot for dinner or lunch. Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerOystermanDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Blue Pointe many times and have never been disappointed. We will continue dining at Blue Pointe and take friends when we can. P.S. They have the best oysters in town.Special Features:
- Dinner & a MoviezoeRydellDined on 8/23/2014We picked this for being close to the cinema. Food was good, service was only fair to poor. Waiter forgot both side dishes for my dining partners. Did not check back that often. Did give us one free dessert for forgetting the sides. Will try the place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodNIKKONA08Dined on 8/6/2014When my husband and friends feel like Lobster we always go to Blue Point. It has the best lobster we have had in the Ft Myers area. We always have good service. And the Cosmo is also the best I have had in this area! ! Staff are always friendly and acomodating. Their remodel is very nice but the only thing I would change ( as being an older person) is less high top chairs/tables ! We always go here for New Years Eve dinner also !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerPattysDined on 8/3/2014Our grandson was visiting from Ohio, and wanted to go to his favorite restaurant, which is Blue Pointe. At age 13, he had the bucket of crab legs, loved the blue cheese cole slaw, and finished off with a piece of coconut cream pie. WOW, we all were amazed, and our waitress gave us extra special attention. Great evening as usualSpecial Features:
- South Fy. Myers FavoriteRobertinSWFLDined on 7/22/2014New tablet menus let you view photo of what you're considering. Best seafood on south FM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue OysterjaniceDined on 7/17/2014we are 9 girlfriends who once a month select an upscale restaurant/bistro to have a nite out. Blue Oyster was fun with the electronic menu..wondeful selection of seafood........fantastic server who did not miss a step and was personable. Blue Oyster did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Excellence in seafoodFooddocVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have to visit Blue Pointe each trip we make to Ft. Myers, and it seems to get better and better. Seafood is either local or fresh flown in, and there is never a shortage of choices. The raw bar speaks for itself, with several oyster options. The 3 soups: New England and Manhattan clam chowders, and gazpacho are all amazingly good. Sushi appetizers are a fun addition. The signature bleu cheese cole slaw is worth the trip alone, as does the garlic bread. The favorite dish is Parmesan crusted George's Bank lemon sole, which is great, but tonight I had the sole simply broiled, and it could have been mistaken as Dover sole!! Value-priced wines, great service, and an iPad-like menu complete the package as a top seafood restaurant in the area!Special Features:
- Best During Off SeasonOystermanDined on 7/12/2014We have been here numerous times and reservations are highly recommended during "season". Every time we go we thoroughly enjoy the food and service. Good presentation, great tasting food and fair prices. We go there often even though Fort Myers has hundreds of places to dine. Blue Point always stays at the top of our preferred places to go.Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseLpstkbizdinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Visiting Cape Coral over July 4th weekend. The seafood was fresh and cooked well. Waiter was attentive and accommodating with special requests on substitutions. We took our dessert to go - Coconut cream pie and that was a bit of a let down. We will return nevertheless.Special Features:
- Still a favoritecollieVIPDined on 6/30/2014Havnt dine here in awhile, has all new look, foods fantastic , we sat at bar. Chris was very engaging and tented to all our needs. Can not wait to go back and have the clams again....Special Features:
- joyceDined on 6/27/2014The food and the service was outstanding! We both had seafood dinners and they were both great. Really enjoyed the "iPad" type menu. All fine restaurants should have one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhillftmyers288Dined on 6/15/2014My family has dined at Blue Pointe many times over the years. It has always been my go to spot when someone wanted a seafood restaurant recommendation. I bragged about the food to our recent guests but the food went down hill. The grouper sandwiches had one small strip of grouper that literally covered 1/3 of the sandwich. The salmon and broccoli were both cold. I told my waiter about this when asked how the food was and still didn't receive any discount. I hate to complain but we love good food and good restaurants and Blue Pointe just wasn't the same this time.Special Features:
- FantasticShelby223Dined on 6/14/2014We are new to the area and looking for yummy places to eat. We were very impressed from the moment we entered until leaving. Top rate establishment! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect evening @ bl pteflagirlDined on 6/13/2014From start to finish Wonderful! Fresh fresh fresh oysters on the half shell, lots of great wines by the glass, very accomodating waiter--Chris remembers ur preferences & is super knowledgeable abt whole menu & always in point!! Plus the chef imbibes all our needs/wants for special custom wants w dinner... Chris so attentive-- & outside seating is lovely, even on parking lot/movie theater side with lots of peolpe watching!!! Love this place, the food & all the employees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...SunnyTravelerDined on 6/5/2014Cool atmosphere and good service. My dining companion said the sushi was good but my broiled scallops were bland, just dusted with some Old Bay, nothing notable. It's not a bad choice but there are many more options in the area.Special Features:
- Glad we FoundlockwoodsamDined on 6/1/2014Our first experience with this restaurant but will not be our last. Wife ordered crab cakes and being from MD we set a high bar for this entrée. While we have had better in and around Baltimore these were very tasty and certainly as good as any we have had in FL. I ordered the blackened grouper and it was cooked to perfection. Just enough to spice to add flavor but not overpower the fish. They gave us key lime pie as it was my wife's birthday. We failed to ask if made in house but it was the real deal and was great. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningGulfguyDined on 5/31/2014My partner and I enjoyed a great evening here. Our server Bethan was outstanding. She anticipated our every need, was fun, friendly and very efficient. Their warm crusty bread is the best. The blue cheese coleslaw very different and good. We enjoyed entrees of parmesan crusted sole and lump crab cakes. They were very fresh and perfectly prepared, served with excellent sauces that complemented the seafood without overwhelming it. For dessert we had Key Lime Pie and coconut cream pie. The coconut cream pie was very good but the key lime pie has to be one of the very best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Great Seafood PlacenjseadooerVIPDined on 5/25/2014We stopped by for lunch on our way to the Ft. Meyers Airport and had an enjoyable meal. I would say the only confusing issue was the use of ipads for menus. Really ingenious and a first for me, but their were some kinks that they i hope worked through since our visit. Seafood was fresh, service was excellent and next time we head down will stop by once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ready to ServeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014My sister and I arrived on time and our table was ready. Our server was fantastic, very attentive without being annoying. Our meals were wonderful. My sister had sushi and she enjoyed it all! I had the crab cakes which were very good, with big pieces of crab and very little (if any) filler. Honestly as delicious as the famous Maryland cakes. Great find I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014The food and service were excellent. The noise level was high. Would have preferred a booth to the high table that was available.Special Features:
- Just what i was looking forColombi222Dined on 5/10/2014I was very happy that our food and drinks were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood & Other ChoicesfoodiefanaticDined on 5/10/2014I like the new menu. It has so many choices from great seafood to sushi to salads. Love the new quinoa and kale salad! Took my mother for Mother's Day lunch. We both enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014Outstanding service from our waiter; a very pleasant conversation with the manager who stopped by our table. The crab cakes were as yummy as those in Annapolis waterfront restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S U P E R !ChiefDined on 5/6/2014From start to end top notch osyters to swordfish and chilian sea bass and Ali our sever made for a great special night out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 471 reviews are from the Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers reviews archive.
- Nothing to recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014Paid premium prices for Red Lobster quality, uninspired presentation and incompetent service. Reservations, but still seated in the very back of section located on the side of the restaurant on an iron chair at a table suitable for 4, not 6 -- zero ambiance. Told about specials only to find that they were out of the specials; server couldn't seem to get appetizers and sushi delivered as a single course, left empty martini & wine glasses on the table throughout meal, no coherence to the pacing. Nothing about the food preparation, service or ambiance matched the OpenTable reviews. Bar looked nice - might be good place for drinks. Overall, disappointing. If other reviews are credible then the restaurant has a problem with consistency.
- Delightful Sat nightflagirlDined on 5/3/2014Amazingly fresh coldwater oysters! Perfect service from Chris! Had everything wonderfully managed and brought all the right accoutrements for the food to make it spectacular:) we were 2, a gf and myself, she had the calamari- which she loved and we both also had alot of raw Katama oyster's-- they were fantastic! Fresh, cold & delicious. Chris was always one step ahead of the game & knew the menu like the back of his hand! Great recommendations for my gf & she was happy she listened to his recommendations:) my fav place to sine in SWFL! Thank you Blue Pointe for being consistent & deliocious! Special kudos for Chris with his attentiveness to detail:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!jeffbethdVIPDined on 5/2/2014One of new favorite places to dine! Always fantastic service (attentive but not intrusive) and fantastic food, wonderful preparations and flavor profiles. We've eaten here a number of time since moving to Fort Myers...always great, always wonderful!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014awsome menu and great ambiance. my favorite spot in Estero area and look forward to the opportunity every time I am in the area.Special Features:
- djlcl12560Dined on 4/24/2014Our son was in for a vacation, he wanted both good sea food and sushi. We chose Blue Pointe as they have both. He was very happy. All the food was outstanding. We had an excellent waiter. Would love to have him again, his name is Tim C. Love eating outdoors even though we face Sak's but the scenery is still nice and clean. Love the area!! Wine was good. When I ordered the 5oz glass it was just right for me. Keep up the good work.. Delores and Cliff LinscottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nite outTSDfloridaDined on 4/22/2014Always a great dining experience with fresh seafood as well as great steaks and a lovely ambience both inside and out. It has become a hot spot so make a reservation!. Our most recent experience was a very good vs outstanding as the flow of service was inconsistent. All the staff are lovely however at peak dinnertime service was slow despite constant reassurance things were on their way, just felt the staff was overlapping servicing customers so things fell through the cracks, and my food was a bit cold by the time it arrived. Also my dessert was to go and upon arriving home it was not what i had ordered. We'll be back though!Special Features:
- Tasty dinnerSuzyQDined on 4/17/2014We had the delmonico steak and coconut shrimp. The steak was expertly prepared, cooked medium rare and topped with truffle fries. My coconut shrimp were large, succulent and the mango salsa to dip them in was great. They have wonderful bread to accompany the meal. The restaurant has an above average wine list. The wines that are served by the glass come in 5 and 8 oz. pours so you can decide how much you want. We eat here several times a year and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasnat returnDanJVIPDined on 4/15/2014This was our first visit since the remodel. Nice job on new décor, while still keeping its original feel. Menu remains outstanding, service also outstanding with a very knowledgeable staff. Table menu a new experience.Special Features:
- Fort Myers OasisKatweenDined on 4/11/2014As regular diners here, the food is dependably good, staff friendly, prices reasonable. Nice cross section of items from sushi, steak, seafood, sandwiches, etc. The new pasta entree needs to be replaced with something more exciting as there is a lot of competition for pasta these days. Hard not to find something for the hard to please. A recent makeover has made atmosphere a bit more sophisticated. However corporate didn't budget in rain curtains for outdoor diners. It rains which forces everyone to scramble off the patio. Digital pads replaced paper menus which only adds benefit of seeing photos of the food. Money would have been better spent on that rain protection. Everyone we have recommended to dine here always comes away very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014Excellent service and food. The prices were reasonable for the quality. Don't skip the dessert!Special Features:
- Good food, good service!GThompsonVIPDined on 4/8/2014This was our second time here in a month. Particularly convenient when going to the Barbara B Mann Theater for the evening. We will be back when we return next year. All things ordered were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu i-padssonnadueDined on 4/6/2014Great job of remodeling. Love the menu I-pads. A variety of food choices for those who diet, who only eat chicken (we have one of those) and for those who want fresh oysters in the shell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.