Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
13499 SE Cleveland Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33907Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluepointerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (239) 433-0924
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill features the freshest seafood from Boston, the Pacific Coast, the Great Lakes & the Gulf of Mexico served with distinctive style in a contemporary & comfortable setting complete with a full raw bar/lounge & expansive outdoor seating area. "If you're a seafood zealot who savors the fruits of the sea for every course at dinner and dismisses dessert to leave room for raw oysters at the start of the meal, then you have found your culinary paradise in Blue Pointe" Gulf shore Life Click here for information on special events and promotions http://www.bluepointerestaurant.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers - Best Restaurants in Fort Myers ›
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (24)good for groups (22)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (9)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- JockoDined on 11/23/2014waitress was very helpful with menu options. Service was excellent for all courses and drinks. Would recommend to friends and family for high quality creative seafood dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go back to the good timesCmmns655Dined on 11/22/2014I have been to the Blue Point many, many times. It has been an all time favorite of mine. However, I need to mention some changes. They now have electronic tablet menus. I'm fairly young and thought it was a great idea ... Until I had to use it. Please give me back the big menu!!! It is so much easier to read and see all of the options. Our waitress also Tried her very best but was clearly not supported by other staff. We saw her bussing tables. We also ordered a martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. We were told they were out. Ok, well that happens often and the bartender stuffs them. Not this time. Got the olives with the blue cheese on the side to stuff ourselves. Again, the waitress went above and beyond to give us at least the option. Food was good as usual. Service just mot up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must eat here!!SwissMissDined on 11/19/2014Food is phenomenal, service is impeccable, staff is very professional! Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As terrific as always!flagirlVIPDined on 11/19/2014One of my all time fav's! Hving moved to Kansas, i have not had the pleasure of dining at Blue pte in a while! I was welcomed back so warmly, it was wonderful to come home to Blue Pte! My guest, a gf, arrived a bit earlier than I did (on time) & was taken care of so well when I was a few minutes late! Terry is marvelous. Rmemeber's all your wants and is so gracious in her greeting and acting as such an impeccable host! Candyce was our server, and she was amazing! So attentive! So generous with us abt timing and listened to all of our wants! I had never had her as a waitress before and we were very lucky to have her Wed eve! She knows her stuff and tries so very hard. The fresh raw oyster's were divine! I indulged in two dozen on the half shell, & all were cold tasty briny plump and so very delicious! My gf had a cup of clam chowder that looked so yummy- it had a nice " topping" of crispy bacon on the top and smelled wonderful. She also ordered the kale quoina salad! And it was awesome! A very substantial large portion! Beautifully appointed plating! Great food/great chef as always! We loved the vibe withe the new remodel- it has been a couple mnths since i have been in Bl Pte so it was with fresh eyes that I saw all the wonderful upgrades and beautiful decor (again)! Cant wait to go back! Doug came around to our table and made us feel so missed and so wanted, as he always does! He is the ultimate lovely ambassador to making one feel like they r with fam & friends in his establishment! Truly makes u feel like ur in ur home away from home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food extremely disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/16/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times. The food is normally good. My last visit my wife ordered the tuna. It was terrible. For a $30.00 piece of fish it should be sushi grade and melt in your mouth. 50% of the tuna couldn't even be eaten. There are many good restaurants in Fort Myers. We won't be back to this one.
- Never disappointedbabsDined on 11/10/2014Blue Pointe Restaurant and staff consistently provide a good meal in a friendly and efficient manor. We go there for special occasions and are never disappointed with our food or the service. My husband always enjoys oysters from the raw bar. The seafood entrees are fresh and tasty. The prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was superb!SweetSueDined on 11/3/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Blue Pointe and the evening was total perfection. Reggie was our waitperson and she anticipated our every need - even brought several "tasting pours" of wine so that we could select what truly appealed to us. Reggie also brought out a complimentary slice of their delicious key lime pie to top off our lovely dinner. BTW - the shrimp cocktails were large, firm and delicious as was our seafood entrees. Altogether a lovely evening and we would heartily recommend Blue Pointe to one and all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BPO Excels As AlwaysFooddocVIPDined on 11/1/2014BPOB & SG is so good every time we dine here. I love the iPad menu and wine list! The service is great and the prices reasonable including the wines. The fresh oysters stand out as amazing, and I had twin lobster rolls as my entree! Fantastic! My wife went with the parmesan crusted lemon sole, which was ultra-fresh and delicious. We can't pass up the chance to eat here whenever we are in Ft. Myers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place to DineOystermanDined on 11/1/2014We make it a weekly routine to dine out at least once. So, selecting a good place is always the challenge. Blue Point Oyster Bar & Grill wins out more than any other in town. Great menu, excellent wine selection and enjoyable service. The oysters are the best in town. Because it is such a good place I HIGHLY recommend reservations, especially in season when the snowbirds land.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Seafood PlaceSouthLoopSavvyDined on 10/25/2014We had the coconut Shrimp, Oysters, and cob salad. Everything was done perfectly well, and the oysters were a fantastic value. Would absolutely come back here if ever back in the area!Special Features:
- Om1174Dined on 10/25/2014Good food even though a bit expensive it is worth the price! Seating outside is great if you like to people watch!Special Features:
- The Pointe doesn't disappoint !AllieVDined on 10/24/2014I always enjoy dining at The Blue Pointe. It's fall and a great time for outdoor dining. The service is always excellent and every meal I have had is fresh and delicious from the warm bread, the cole slaw with blue cheese to steaks and seafood. Soups and salads are freshly prepared and uniquely presented. So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT! We'll be back.Latti2deDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I decided to try out Blue Pointe for a special occasion. What a pleasant surprise! We are both seafood lovers and were not disappointed. The selection offered throughout the menu was impressive. I had the sea bass which was incredible. My wife stayed with one of her favorites - coconut shrimp - which were very large, perfectly cooked and delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite Up To ExpectaionsDickBobGDined on 10/20/2014Our previous experiences at Blue Pointe had been great, but unfortunately, I cannot say the same about this visit. After we ordered, it took an unusually long time to get our salad and bread. Then the main course came before we were finished with our salad. I have a feeling someone forgot to bring the first course in a timely manor. The grouper we ordered was good, but it was a fairly small serving. I would estimate approx. 5-6 ounces. And yes, it appeared that someone had changed the recipe for the bread, which I had always loved. It was not nearly as good as it was in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good oystersink6Dined on 10/16/2014We came for good oysters and got them. The salad, gazpacho and the cole slaw were all delicious, but the entrees from the fresh catch menu were rather average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, ReasonableNettDined on 10/14/2014The food is wonderful, from the lobster tails to the steaks, including everything in between. Our party of 4 really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodbogey1VIPDined on 10/14/2014They have the best bread of any restaurant I have been to hot parmesan cheese on top yum.Special Features:
- First time visitSWFLTravelersDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed dinner however feel it was over priced for value. Bread was great and fresh. Portions were on the smaller side but fresh too. May visit again.
- FoodReservationsDined on 9/27/2014I've been there many times and the food is always good.Special Features:
- First time visitPetteDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed seafood and non traditional dishes on our visit. The food was very flavorful and the server was great! We would recommend others try Blue Pointe Oyster. Our mixed drinks were very well prepared as well!Special Features:
- Very good, but...jeffbethdVIPDined on 9/22/2014Very good meal. We've been here several times and have usually found everything better than 'very good', more like beyond expectations. This time left us slightly disappointed, maybe expectations were too high... We'd decided to take a friend here for her birthday, raving about it's excellence. Mild disappointment...steaks were not cooked to order (ordered medium-rare, overcooked to nearly well done), and we weren't given the signature and excellent blue cheese slaw with our meals. The waiter was great, as was the manager, and offered to redo the steaks. Not really a good option for us since the rest of the table had their order, the wait for new steaks seemed a little pointless. The manager did buy us a glass of wine, which was nice.Special Features:
- Oilalia47Dined on 9/19/2014When the lobster fest is on, we always come at least twice to dine. Last Friday the lobsters were not available which was understandable as the chef didn't like to serve them. Two of our party of four had the coconut shrimps which were over cooked so had turned hard. The crab cakes were hardly seasoned, so very uninteresting and the three Caesar salads were sprinkled with plenty of Parmesan cheese but had no dressing over it whatsoever. We asked for some which was forgotten and for the anchovies which belong on it but had to ask twice before the waiter brought them. The hamburger was delicious and served just as asked. All in all not good enough for the price we paid! I think we will skip it until the lobster season is on next year.Special Features:
- GOOD TO GO !!!Geo1Dined on 9/10/2014Food and pricing very good. Service outstanding. Excellent location with lots of other stores to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In Fort MyersgreatDined on 9/6/2014This is the Best restaurant I Ft. Myers. Always ask for Tim, he also has to the Best waiter. Always there to serve you, but you never notice. Love it since they put in small and large portions. Food is always fresh and consistent. Best to always make a reservation in season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MRSGFCVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our 3rd time and it never disappoints, I think it actually gets better. The food is so fresh and delicious and the service was excellent. It's reminiscent of Legal Seafoods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBalissiaDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant has consistently good food and service. Try itSpecial Features:
- Fresh fun & welcoming!flagirlVIPDined on 9/3/2014Another terrific eveing of delicious fresh food, friendly, attentive staff & fun! Had a rervtn for 3 ppl- sat outside on side patio - requested Capable & easy going waiter Albert- never disappointed with his stellar efforts and follow thru! Great fresh clean Oysters-coquina's--altho, i do miss the larger selection that is indicative of time of season fr SWFL. I did enjoy immensely my raw oyster's & my gf's had the kale quiona salad as an entree (wonderfully seasoned & delish!) & the grilled chicken sandwhich- that again was juicy and yummy! My fellow diner's live the house bread & remarked on how good it was with their meals, :) We love the staff here! Almost as much as the fresh food (oyster's)They r always diligent in my special reqsts:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Loved itOystermanDined on 8/30/2014We took some friends who had never been there before and they were really impressed and said they would definitely come back. Me too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best raw barflagirlVIPDined on 8/27/2014Albert was requested by us as our server for the night & he was winderful, as always! Met & greeted by many of the staff I know by name and love feeling like they r one happy collective family that has all been wrking together along time. They r all indeed a well oiled fine machine. Dave gave tips to Albert abt my food allergies and requests for special attention to entree. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Sat out on the side patio, a fav spot, & delighted in being outside al fresco watching the passers by while we indulged in fresh delish food! Love Blue Pointe & all the employees! Wonderful fresh food and hard working ppl! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect fresh oysters and more2bigeatersVIPDined on 8/27/2014We were fortunate to have Ryan advising and serving us wonderful lunchtime treats. We shared a dozen very fresh malapeque oysters, a couple of cups of soup and two generous house salads. Couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerpatmikeDined on 8/26/2014We regularly visit Blue Pointe. They have Lake Erie perch on the menu. very hard to find in Florida. This night they featured a 1 1/2 pound lobster and it was terrific. Blue pointe is newly renovated and its a very good spot for dinner or lunch. Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerOystermanDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Blue Pointe many times and have never been disappointed. We will continue dining at Blue Pointe and take friends when we can. P.S. They have the best oysters in town.Special Features:
- Dinner & a MoviezoeRydellDined on 8/23/2014We picked this for being close to the cinema. Food was good, service was only fair to poor. Waiter forgot both side dishes for my dining partners. Did not check back that often. Did give us one free dessert for forgetting the sides. Will try the place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodNIKKONA08Dined on 8/6/2014When my husband and friends feel like Lobster we always go to Blue Point. It has the best lobster we have had in the Ft Myers area. We always have good service. And the Cosmo is also the best I have had in this area! ! Staff are always friendly and acomodating. Their remodel is very nice but the only thing I would change ( as being an older person) is less high top chairs/tables ! We always go here for New Years Eve dinner also !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerPattysDined on 8/3/2014Our grandson was visiting from Ohio, and wanted to go to his favorite restaurant, which is Blue Pointe. At age 13, he had the bucket of crab legs, loved the blue cheese cole slaw, and finished off with a piece of coconut cream pie. WOW, we all were amazed, and our waitress gave us extra special attention. Great evening as usualSpecial Features:
- bigredVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food fresh did not like that there was an up charge for different lettuce on the salad. Maitre di did remove charge since we were not toldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 491 reviews are from the Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers reviews archive.
- South Fy. Myers FavoriteRobertinSWFLDined on 7/22/2014New tablet menus let you view photo of what you're considering. Best seafood on south FM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue OysterjaniceDined on 7/17/2014we are 9 girlfriends who once a month select an upscale restaurant/bistro to have a nite out. Blue Oyster was fun with the electronic menu..wondeful selection of seafood........fantastic server who did not miss a step and was personable. Blue Oyster did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Excellence in seafoodFooddocVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have to visit Blue Pointe each trip we make to Ft. Myers, and it seems to get better and better. Seafood is either local or fresh flown in, and there is never a shortage of choices. The raw bar speaks for itself, with several oyster options. The 3 soups: New England and Manhattan clam chowders, and gazpacho are all amazingly good. Sushi appetizers are a fun addition. The signature bleu cheese cole slaw is worth the trip alone, as does the garlic bread. The favorite dish is Parmesan crusted George's Bank lemon sole, which is great, but tonight I had the sole simply broiled, and it could have been mistaken as Dover sole!! Value-priced wines, great service, and an iPad-like menu complete the package as a top seafood restaurant in the area!Special Features:
- Best During Off SeasonOystermanDined on 7/12/2014We have been here numerous times and reservations are highly recommended during "season". Every time we go we thoroughly enjoy the food and service. Good presentation, great tasting food and fair prices. We go there often even though Fort Myers has hundreds of places to dine. Blue Point always stays at the top of our preferred places to go.Special Features: