Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
13499 SE Cleveland Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33907Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluepointerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2394330924
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill features the freshest seafood from Boston, the Pacific Coast, the Great Lakes & the Gulf of Mexico served with distinctive style in a contemporary & comfortable setting complete with a full raw bar/lounge & expansive outdoor seating area. "If you're a seafood zealot who savors the fruits of the sea for every course at dinner and dismisses dessert to leave room for raw oysters at the start of the meal, then you have found your culinary paradise in Blue Pointe" Gulf shore Life Click here for information on special events and promotions http://www.bluepointerestaurant.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers - Best Restaurants in Fort Myers ›
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (21)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (13)late-night find (10)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Not Quite Up To ExpectaionsDickBobGDined on 10/20/2014Our previous experiences at Blue Pointe had been great, but unfortunately, I cannot say the same about this visit. After we ordered, it took an unusually long time to get our salad and bread. Then the main course came before we were finished with our salad. I have a feeling someone forgot to bring the first course in a timely manor. The grouper we ordered was good, but it was a fairly small serving. I would estimate approx. 5-6 ounces. And yes, it appeared that someone had changed the recipe for the bread, which I had always loved. It was not nearly as good as it was in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good oystersink6Dined on 10/16/2014We came for good oysters and got them. The salad, gazpacho and the cole slaw were all delicious, but the entrees from the fresh catch menu were rather average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, ReasonableNettDined on 10/14/2014The food is wonderful, from the lobster tails to the steaks, including everything in between. Our party of 4 really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodbogey1VIPDined on 10/14/2014They have the best bread of any restaurant I have been to hot parmesan cheese on top yum.Special Features:
- FoodReservationsDined on 9/27/2014I've been there many times and the food is always good.Special Features:
- First time visitPetteDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed seafood and non traditional dishes on our visit. The food was very flavorful and the server was great! We would recommend others try Blue Pointe Oyster. Our mixed drinks were very well prepared as well!Special Features:
- Very good, but...jeffbethdVIPDined on 9/22/2014Very good meal. We've been here several times and have usually found everything better than 'very good', more like beyond expectations. This time left us slightly disappointed, maybe expectations were too high... We'd decided to take a friend here for her birthday, raving about it's excellence. Mild disappointment...steaks were not cooked to order (ordered medium-rare, overcooked to nearly well done), and we weren't given the signature and excellent blue cheese slaw with our meals. The waiter was great, as was the manager, and offered to redo the steaks. Not really a good option for us since the rest of the table had their order, the wait for new steaks seemed a little pointless. The manager did buy us a glass of wine, which was nice.Special Features:
- Oilalia47Dined on 9/19/2014When the lobster fest is on, we always come at least twice to dine. Last Friday the lobsters were not available which was understandable as the chef didn't like to serve them. Two of our party of four had the coconut shrimps which were over cooked so had turned hard. The crab cakes were hardly seasoned, so very uninteresting and the three Caesar salads were sprinkled with plenty of Parmesan cheese but had no dressing over it whatsoever. We asked for some which was forgotten and for the anchovies which belong on it but had to ask twice before the waiter brought them. The hamburger was delicious and served just as asked. All in all not good enough for the price we paid! I think we will skip it until the lobster season is on next year.Special Features:
- GOOD TO GO !!!Geo1Dined on 9/10/2014Food and pricing very good. Service outstanding. Excellent location with lots of other stores to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In Fort MyersgreatDined on 9/6/2014This is the Best restaurant I Ft. Myers. Always ask for Tim, he also has to the Best waiter. Always there to serve you, but you never notice. Love it since they put in small and large portions. Food is always fresh and consistent. Best to always make a reservation in season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MRSGFCVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our 3rd time and it never disappoints, I think it actually gets better. The food is so fresh and delicious and the service was excellent. It's reminiscent of Legal Seafoods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBalissiaDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant has consistently good food and service. Try itSpecial Features:
- Fresh fun & welcoming!flagirlDined on 9/3/2014Another terrific eveing of delicious fresh food, friendly, attentive staff & fun! Had a rervtn for 3 ppl- sat outside on side patio - requested Capable & easy going waiter Albert- never disappointed with his stellar efforts and follow thru! Great fresh clean Oysters-coquina's--altho, i do miss the larger selection that is indicative of time of season fr SWFL. I did enjoy immensely my raw oyster's & my gf's had the kale quiona salad as an entree (wonderfully seasoned & delish!) & the grilled chicken sandwhich- that again was juicy and yummy! My fellow diner's live the house bread & remarked on how good it was with their meals, :) We love the staff here! Almost as much as the fresh food (oyster's)They r always diligent in my special reqsts:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Loved itOystermanDined on 8/30/2014We took some friends who had never been there before and they were really impressed and said they would definitely come back. Me too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best raw barflagirlDined on 8/27/2014Albert was requested by us as our server for the night & he was winderful, as always! Met & greeted by many of the staff I know by name and love feeling like they r one happy collective family that has all been wrking together along time. They r all indeed a well oiled fine machine. Dave gave tips to Albert abt my food allergies and requests for special attention to entree. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Sat out on the side patio, a fav spot, & delighted in being outside al fresco watching the passers by while we indulged in fresh delish food! Love Blue Pointe & all the employees! Wonderful fresh food and hard working ppl! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect fresh oysters and more2bigeatersVIPDined on 8/27/2014We were fortunate to have Ryan advising and serving us wonderful lunchtime treats. We shared a dozen very fresh malapeque oysters, a couple of cups of soup and two generous house salads. Couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerpatmikeDined on 8/26/2014We regularly visit Blue Pointe. They have Lake Erie perch on the menu. very hard to find in Florida. This night they featured a 1 1/2 pound lobster and it was terrific. Blue pointe is newly renovated and its a very good spot for dinner or lunch. Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerOystermanDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Blue Pointe many times and have never been disappointed. We will continue dining at Blue Pointe and take friends when we can. P.S. They have the best oysters in town.Special Features:
- Dinner & a MoviezoeRydellDined on 8/23/2014We picked this for being close to the cinema. Food was good, service was only fair to poor. Waiter forgot both side dishes for my dining partners. Did not check back that often. Did give us one free dessert for forgetting the sides. Will try the place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodNIKKONA08Dined on 8/6/2014When my husband and friends feel like Lobster we always go to Blue Point. It has the best lobster we have had in the Ft Myers area. We always have good service. And the Cosmo is also the best I have had in this area! ! Staff are always friendly and acomodating. Their remodel is very nice but the only thing I would change ( as being an older person) is less high top chairs/tables ! We always go here for New Years Eve dinner also !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerPattysDined on 8/3/2014Our grandson was visiting from Ohio, and wanted to go to his favorite restaurant, which is Blue Pointe. At age 13, he had the bucket of crab legs, loved the blue cheese cole slaw, and finished off with a piece of coconut cream pie. WOW, we all were amazed, and our waitress gave us extra special attention. Great evening as usualSpecial Features:
- bigredVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food fresh did not like that there was an up charge for different lettuce on the salad. Maitre di did remove charge since we were not toldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Fy. Myers FavoriteRobertinSWFLDined on 7/22/2014New tablet menus let you view photo of what you're considering. Best seafood on south FM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue OysterjaniceDined on 7/17/2014we are 9 girlfriends who once a month select an upscale restaurant/bistro to have a nite out. Blue Oyster was fun with the electronic menu..wondeful selection of seafood........fantastic server who did not miss a step and was personable. Blue Oyster did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Excellence in seafoodFooddocVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have to visit Blue Pointe each trip we make to Ft. Myers, and it seems to get better and better. Seafood is either local or fresh flown in, and there is never a shortage of choices. The raw bar speaks for itself, with several oyster options. The 3 soups: New England and Manhattan clam chowders, and gazpacho are all amazingly good. Sushi appetizers are a fun addition. The signature bleu cheese cole slaw is worth the trip alone, as does the garlic bread. The favorite dish is Parmesan crusted George's Bank lemon sole, which is great, but tonight I had the sole simply broiled, and it could have been mistaken as Dover sole!! Value-priced wines, great service, and an iPad-like menu complete the package as a top seafood restaurant in the area!Special Features:
- Best During Off SeasonOystermanDined on 7/12/2014We have been here numerous times and reservations are highly recommended during "season". Every time we go we thoroughly enjoy the food and service. Good presentation, great tasting food and fair prices. We go there often even though Fort Myers has hundreds of places to dine. Blue Point always stays at the top of our preferred places to go.Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseLpstkbizdinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Visiting Cape Coral over July 4th weekend. The seafood was fresh and cooked well. Waiter was attentive and accommodating with special requests on substitutions. We took our dessert to go - Coconut cream pie and that was a bit of a let down. We will return nevertheless.Special Features:
- Still a favoritecollieVIPDined on 6/30/2014Havnt dine here in awhile, has all new look, foods fantastic , we sat at bar. Chris was very engaging and tented to all our needs. Can not wait to go back and have the clams again....Special Features:
- joyceDined on 6/27/2014The food and the service was outstanding! We both had seafood dinners and they were both great. Really enjoyed the "iPad" type menu. All fine restaurants should have one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 484 reviews are from the Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill - Ft. Myers reviews archive.
- Downhillftmyers288Dined on 6/15/2014My family has dined at Blue Pointe many times over the years. It has always been my go to spot when someone wanted a seafood restaurant recommendation. I bragged about the food to our recent guests but the food went down hill. The grouper sandwiches had one small strip of grouper that literally covered 1/3 of the sandwich. The salmon and broccoli were both cold. I told my waiter about this when asked how the food was and still didn't receive any discount. I hate to complain but we love good food and good restaurants and Blue Pointe just wasn't the same this time.Special Features:
- FantasticShelby223Dined on 6/14/2014We are new to the area and looking for yummy places to eat. We were very impressed from the moment we entered until leaving. Top rate establishment! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect evening @ bl pteflagirlDined on 6/13/2014From start to finish Wonderful! Fresh fresh fresh oysters on the half shell, lots of great wines by the glass, very accomodating waiter--Chris remembers ur preferences & is super knowledgeable abt whole menu & always in point!! Plus the chef imbibes all our needs/wants for special custom wants w dinner... Chris so attentive-- & outside seating is lovely, even on parking lot/movie theater side with lots of peolpe watching!!! Love this place, the food & all the employees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...SunnyTravelerVIPDined on 6/5/2014Cool atmosphere and good service. My dining companion said the sushi was good but my broiled scallops were bland, just dusted with some Old Bay, nothing notable. It's not a bad choice but there are many more options in the area.Special Features:
- Glad we FoundlockwoodsamDined on 6/1/2014Our first experience with this restaurant but will not be our last. Wife ordered crab cakes and being from MD we set a high bar for this entrée. While we have had better in and around Baltimore these were very tasty and certainly as good as any we have had in FL. I ordered the blackened grouper and it was cooked to perfection. Just enough to spice to add flavor but not overpower the fish. They gave us key lime pie as it was my wife's birthday. We failed to ask if made in house but it was the real deal and was great. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningGulfguyDined on 5/31/2014My partner and I enjoyed a great evening here. Our server Bethan was outstanding. She anticipated our every need, was fun, friendly and very efficient. Their warm crusty bread is the best. The blue cheese coleslaw very different and good. We enjoyed entrees of parmesan crusted sole and lump crab cakes. They were very fresh and perfectly prepared, served with excellent sauces that complemented the seafood without overwhelming it. For dessert we had Key Lime Pie and coconut cream pie. The coconut cream pie was very good but the key lime pie has to be one of the very best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Great Seafood PlacenjseadooerVIPDined on 5/25/2014We stopped by for lunch on our way to the Ft. Meyers Airport and had an enjoyable meal. I would say the only confusing issue was the use of ipads for menus. Really ingenious and a first for me, but their were some kinks that they i hope worked through since our visit. Seafood was fresh, service was excellent and next time we head down will stop by once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ready to ServeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014My sister and I arrived on time and our table was ready. Our server was fantastic, very attentive without being annoying. Our meals were wonderful. My sister had sushi and she enjoyed it all! I had the crab cakes which were very good, with big pieces of crab and very little (if any) filler. Honestly as delicious as the famous Maryland cakes. Great find I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014The food and service were excellent. The noise level was high. Would have preferred a booth to the high table that was available.Special Features:
- Just what i was looking forColombi222Dined on 5/10/2014I was very happy that our food and drinks were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood & Other ChoicesfoodiefanaticDined on 5/10/2014I like the new menu. It has so many choices from great seafood to sushi to salads. Love the new quinoa and kale salad! Took my mother for Mother's Day lunch. We both enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.