Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington
4400 West 78th St
Bloomington, MN 55435Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bluepointrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 9527679711x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday through Friday 11-2:30pm
Dinner Monday through Saturday 4-10pm
Happy Hour Monday through Friday 2:30-6pm Saturday 4-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Donelan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lunch catering for up to 100 available.
A word from Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington
The Blue Point is an upscale fresh seafood restaurant. We are dedicated to providing the freshest seafood brought in daily from the coasts It is creatively prepared and coupled with friendly, knowledgeable service and a colorful extensive selection of fine wines. We have had a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list for the past ten years and continue to be committed to upholding this caliber of selection as well as our culinary excellence. Our menu offers a variety of unique, delectable entrees and side dishes, featuring an array of seafood, salads, homemade soups and non-seafood options, as well as our famous Key Lime Pie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)romantic (11)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Fantastic SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time dining here. A friend recommended it. The food was all excellent and delicious. Our server was attentive and efficient. I plan on returning with more family to have another enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT CHOICECharlestonlocalVIPDined on 8/27/2014The halibut offered was extraordinary: super fresh, extremely well prepared, beautiful presentation -- delicious!Everyone in our party of 5 enjoyed their meeal, and we all were impressed with the service. Beautiful place, too.Special Features:
- a wee over cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014We had the Saturday lobster special and a New York Strip. The lobster was over cooked and chewy. The steak, although tasty, came medium. It was ordered medium rare. Dessert was comp'd. Key Lime and Crème Brulee were excellent.
- Far from the expectedtivnetDined on 8/12/20141. They have 6 or 7 types of oysters there. I am not that big expert, so I do not know all the names. When I started asking about all the names, I expected the waiter to a) know "who is who" and b) show me how the oysters look (large, small, thin, thick and so on). I made the choice, and got 4 "something". Only one was good. 3 others I'd skip. Still do not know which was the good one. Anyway, do not order the $2 one and take only the $3.75. 2. There was absolutely no taste in any dish we ordered (party of 6, and each one ordered something else). The fish was prepared with absolutely no "chef's talent". Just a fish. And, on top of it - tons of SOY SAUCE! That's all. That's a shame for a "seafood" restaurant. 3. "Out of" soft shell crab. Boo!
- Truly excellent!JackJodellVIPDined on 8/8/2014From John at the door to the very friendly Mary and Corrie as our servers, to the superb shrimp cocktail to the unsurpassably exquisite Oysters Rockefeller to the scrumptious Maryland soft crab, THIS is definitely THE place for consistently good, FRESH seafood! I try to go there as often as I can, and I am never disappointed! Hats off to all of this establishment'sSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceREW62Dined on 8/1/2014Had friends coming from out of town and wanted them to have a great experience dining so brought them to Blue Point. We had a great time, the food was wonderful, cocktails excellent, great selection of wine and near perfect service.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Best Twin Cities seafood, bar none (unless it's Blue Point Wayzata)! Attentive waitstaff, fun and lively bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchJhmndDined on 7/21/2014Wonderful menu with great variety. Had a business meeting. Quiet but upbeat environment. New menu from my last lunch. Impressive.Special Features:
- SurprisedadminDined on 7/19/2014We eat out often at high end restaurants. We expected a much better meal at Blue Point. Compared to some of our favorite restaurants, Blue Point didn't come close. We had lobster and salmon. Both meals were just okay - expensive for the quality and presentation. The waitress spilled water and left over melted butter on my plate. I had eaten about half my meal. I was given another small portion of salmon, but potatoes and veggies were not replaced. The restaurant was quiet for 7:00 pm, that should have given us a clue as to its popularity. We will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great once we got it. Two servings of crab cakes and a bowl of soup had to be sent back because they were lukewarm. Not good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrokeDadDined on 7/5/2014Food and service were very good. However it was more expensive than we anticipated, it was listed as "$$" but realistically should be "$$$"Special Features:
- A Hidden GemNYaklichVIPDined on 6/27/2014We've never been disappointed here. A great hidden gem on the north frontage road of 494 just beyond France.Special Features:
- Not what I remembered from WayzataxxxxDined on 6/26/2014Made a reservation and with plenty of other seats, everyone seemed to be seated along a bank of booths next to kitchen. Kitchen noise made conversation difficult. Had a seafood stew. While flavorful, I wouldn't say it was spicy given claim of server. Serving was small considering price and mussels were minute. Glad I didn't order the bowl of mussels. I haven't been to Wayzata location in awhile but I had very good meals there. This was disappointing even though I was hoping to frequent this location. Service was attentive.
- Eh, I've had bettereastbankDined on 6/11/2014Was really excited to try this place out. Overall the food was good and the service even better. However, for the price, the food should be of a much higher caliber.
- DisappointingdisappointedDined on 6/7/2014food was not the same quality as our last visit. The service however was exceptionl
- Blue PointPepeDavidDined on 5/29/2014Blue Point is a consistently good restaurant. They cook their fish very well and the restaurant appears clean. A great lunch spot, I will need to try it for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food is very fresh and quite good and the service was, by and large, pretty good. We had to wait a while for someone to come to our table, and she didn't stop by very often, but overall it was just fine. Our biggest disappointment was how empty the restaurant was on a Friday night. At most, 1/4 of the tables were filled for a 7 p.m. reservation. There wasn't much vibe here and that detracted from our experience.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We had an excellent dinner with a respectful waiter who did not interrupt us as we were talking business. The service was efficient and the food and beverages were very good. This is the third time I have been there and each time has been a very consistent experience. The fish is outstanding and the pairings with each meal were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fish placemikeDined on 5/12/2014Enjoyed several seafood items:oysters Rockefeller,claim chowder(delicious with noteable sherry flavor),Halibut on pureed yams as well as some great vodka martinis. Bread was made on site and was just like homemade -raisin rye and white !!All items were well presented and tasty.Reasonable portions and price seemed about right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day dinner at Blue PointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed an excellent quiet mother's day dinner at Blue Point in Bloomington. Mussels were excellent. Server was relaxed, pleasant and knowledgeable. Food was excellent and arrived quickly. Very good wine selections. Moderate priced entrees. Quiet atmosphere made conversation easy and spacing of tables kept it private as well. Overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was as great as recommendedMonkeyBillDined on 5/10/2014I had heard nothing but good stuff about this restaurant and they did not fail to meet every standard. My wife and in-laws are very knowledgeable when it comes to wine and thought this was one of the most diverse wine lists in the Twin Cities. Would definitively return for any occasion.Special Features:
- The following 464 reviews are from the Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington reviews archive.
- Saturday nights rock!NanamissBVIPDined on 5/3/2014I did not know about the Saturday night special so I was surprised and delighted. We loved it and will go back often even though it is a drive of 25 minutes for us. Worth it!Special Features:
- Fun BirthdayEatsouttoomuchDined on 5/2/2014First time here. Bar was fun and very inviting. Bar tender was cool and quite chatty. He picked a great Chardonnay for me! Dinner was quote good. Selection was just right. Was a little pricey, but overall the experience met my expectations. Blue Point is on my top five list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT seafood and service!JackJodellVIPDined on 4/24/2014The title says it all - this is one superior seafood house!Special Features:
- Not impressed by the foodChaskaDined on 4/19/2014Went to resturant to celebrate my wife's B-day with my family. Service was great, but the food was lacking any excitement. Had the lobster, which was ok, but had much better elsewhere. Wife's and girls dinner was just so, so. I wouldn't go back for high cost and limited experience.
- Good SeafoodSpiceyDined on 4/16/2014This was my first visit to the Bloomington location of Blue Point. The food is just as great as Wayzata's and I will be sure to return for fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & a great atmospherebl22Dined on 4/15/2014My co-workers and I needed a place with better than average food along with a great atmosphere and we decided to try Blue Point. Our food was amazing and our waitress was hardworking and the atmosphere was perfect. Great experience.Special Features:
- My husband & I have been toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014My husband & I have been to the Wayzata location many times, but this was our first time to Bloomington. The food was great, as was the service. The noise level was probably more energetic than usual, due to the championship hockey game (and since my husband wanted to sit in the bar area to watch the game). We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPatrickDined on 4/11/2014The food was amazing. The price was the opposite of amazing. Would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to find another Blue Point!JoanieDined on 4/11/2014This was our first visit to Blue Point Bloomington (we are regulars at Blue Point Wayzata) and were very pleased with our dinner experience. We will definitely be back. Our favorite kind of food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First ImpressionEPDinerVIPDined on 4/5/2014This was my first visit to Blue Point and would certainly return again. Went for an early dinner so the bar area was empty and fewer than ten other tables full. Very low noise level. Service was very good and the meals matched. Though I enjoyed my monk fish, I enjoyed my wife's swordfish even more. Excellent reason to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pearlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014My wife and don't dine out regularly, but we do like to try different resteraunts. I saw the ad for Blue Point in the newspaper and knowing that my mother loves lobster, decided to treat her to a night out. Our server who's name was Correy, was outstanding. She was very helpful with the wine list, and she never seemed to be rushed. She took time to explain the menu andante suggestions, answered all of our questions. She made it a very enjoyable dining experience! We will definatly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinning experenceRfreddyDined on 4/5/2014This was the first time we had been to the Blue Point. My wife and I both enjoyed the dinning experence. Food was very good and the service was first class.Special Features:
- This was a so-so restaurant.CamilleDined on 4/5/2014This was a so-so restaurant. I don't feel the quality of the food was worth the price. For a seafood restaurant there wasn't a very big selection. I wouldn't choose to return.
- The food was very good. acmseiler1Dined on 3/29/2014The food was very good. a good value, and the service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour. Great lobsterPswenVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great happy hour. Great lobster dinner. Ate in bar with friends and had corner booh and had a great time. Bar was busy but still could hear friends conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.eofnDined on 3/29/2014Wonderfully relaxed for dining and drinks. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. Will be back for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2014The fish entrees were overpriced . The salad lifeless and uninteresting. The crab cake average. We would not returnSpecial Features:
- OverpricedrandyrVIPDined on 3/21/2014Good service good food but $160 for 2 w tip says I won't be back
- We loved this Resturant ,IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014We loved this Resturant ,I drive past it all the time and finally decided to stop and so glad we did . Wow , food was great , I had the crab claws with Brussel sprouts , it was fresh and very well prepared , I would order this again . My husband ordered the squash risotto with white shrimp , risotto was cooked to perfection . Great service as well . We will be back and often , a new favorite !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.