Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington
4400 West 78th St
Bloomington, MN 55435Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bluepointrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 9527679711x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday through Thursday 4:00 - 9:00 and Friday and Saturday 4:00 - 10:00
Happy Hour: Monday through Friday 2:30-6pm, Saturday 4-6pm
We are closed on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wilson Saltos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lunch catering for up to 100 available.
A word from Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington
The Blue Point is an upscale, fresh-only seafood restaurant, offering creatively prepared, chef-driven food in a contemporary atmosphere. We pride ourselves on our personable and attentive service, the freshness and quality of our food, and our award-winning wine selection. In addition, we have the best happy hour in town, boasting great deals on oysters and our sixteen ever-changing craft beers on tap. Stop in for a business lunch, family dinner or call to book your next large group function.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)special occasion (26)notable wine list (14)romantic (12)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 10/22/2014We enjoyed the Shrimp Cocktail and the meal which incorporated squash - Fantastic! The service has always been wonderful and I like the location - easy in & easy out. Perfect for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriTerriDined on 10/13/2014Great food and service! Will recommend for sure! Leah our server was just great. Her knowledge and reccomendations were impressive........ And oh so friendly! Wine list was good. Kudos to the chef for the mixture of spices to the fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect special occasionNoshaboutownDined on 10/11/2014Our message had gotten through to staff about special occasion and they took excellent care of us. Wait staff attentive and all of us very happy with our dishes. Prime rib special was excellent. Appreciated that the noise level wasn't so loud that we could have conversation with out raising our voices, making for a an intimate celebration with friends. Nice selection of wines and our wait-person recommended a now new favorite, Educated Guess.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Shrimp gumbo had few shrimp and tasted more like a pasty, floury Creole vegie mixture. However, the service was excellent. Next time, we'll just stop for fresh oysters and beer or wine at the bar and go elsewhere for our dinner.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was not too busy, we had a great waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the fishHatetocookDined on 10/1/2014Great experience for a special birthday with my husband. The food and service were wondeful. However, with a bad knee and a cane I didn't appreciate the long walk to a building lobby restroom because there isn't one inside the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and roomyMNDinerDined on 9/17/2014We really enjoyed our family birthday celebration at Blue Point. The food was great along with the service. We need handicapped accessibility and Blue Point was the perfect venue. No stairs or threshold problems and plenty of room between the tables and other fixtures.Special Features:
- my overall experience.markDined on 9/16/2014The food was good but a bit too artsy for my taste. Not enough basic entrees as it seemed everything had to be over the top. For example my wife had the tuna and it was sushi like and overly spicy. Too over the top. My duck with scallops was very good but what i would have really liked was a simple offering of steak and scallops, or a seafood prepared well with nice accoutrement like a basic baked potato. The service was very good. Wine liat impressive. Expensive though so don't be shocked. I think if they toned down their zeal a bit they would fit more what most minnesotans would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood RestaurantSteveofoto1VIPDined on 9/12/2014Not nearly as busy as the Wayzata location. Same good food and service. Excellent drinks and wine list.Special Features:
- Fantastic Seafoodt6flyerDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time dining here. A friend recommended it. The food was all excellent and delicious. Our server was attentive and efficient. I plan on returning with more family to have another enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT CHOICECharlestonlocalVIPDined on 8/27/2014The halibut offered was extraordinary: super fresh, extremely well prepared, beautiful presentation -- delicious!Everyone in our party of 5 enjoyed their meeal, and we all were impressed with the service. Beautiful place, too.Special Features:
- a wee over cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014We had the Saturday lobster special and a New York Strip. The lobster was over cooked and chewy. The steak, although tasty, came medium. It was ordered medium rare. Dessert was comp'd. Key Lime and Crème Brulee were excellent.
- Far from the expectedtivnetDined on 8/12/20141. They have 6 or 7 types of oysters there. I am not that big expert, so I do not know all the names. When I started asking about all the names, I expected the waiter to a) know "who is who" and b) show me how the oysters look (large, small, thin, thick and so on). I made the choice, and got 4 "something". Only one was good. 3 others I'd skip. Still do not know which was the good one. Anyway, do not order the $2 one and take only the $3.75. 2. There was absolutely no taste in any dish we ordered (party of 6, and each one ordered something else). The fish was prepared with absolutely no "chef's talent". Just a fish. And, on top of it - tons of SOY SAUCE! That's all. That's a shame for a "seafood" restaurant. 3. "Out of" soft shell crab. Boo!
- Truly excellent!JackJodellVIPDined on 8/8/2014From John at the door to the very friendly Mary and Corrie as our servers, to the superb shrimp cocktail to the unsurpassably exquisite Oysters Rockefeller to the scrumptious Maryland soft crab, THIS is definitely THE place for consistently good, FRESH seafood! I try to go there as often as I can, and I am never disappointed! Hats off to all of this establishment'sSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceREW62Dined on 8/1/2014Had friends coming from out of town and wanted them to have a great experience dining so brought them to Blue Point. We had a great time, the food was wonderful, cocktails excellent, great selection of wine and near perfect service.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Best Twin Cities seafood, bar none (unless it's Blue Point Wayzata)! Attentive waitstaff, fun and lively bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchJhmndDined on 7/21/2014Wonderful menu with great variety. Had a business meeting. Quiet but upbeat environment. New menu from my last lunch. Impressive.Special Features:
- SurprisedadminDined on 7/19/2014We eat out often at high end restaurants. We expected a much better meal at Blue Point. Compared to some of our favorite restaurants, Blue Point didn't come close. We had lobster and salmon. Both meals were just okay - expensive for the quality and presentation. The waitress spilled water and left over melted butter on my plate. I had eaten about half my meal. I was given another small portion of salmon, but potatoes and veggies were not replaced. The restaurant was quiet for 7:00 pm, that should have given us a clue as to its popularity. We will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great once we got it. Two servings of crab cakes and a bowl of soup had to be sent back because they were lukewarm. Not good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrokeDadDined on 7/5/2014Food and service were very good. However it was more expensive than we anticipated, it was listed as "$$" but realistically should be "$$$"Special Features:
- The following 474 reviews are from the Blue Point Restaurant - Bloomington reviews archive.
- A Hidden GemNYaklichVIPDined on 6/27/2014We've never been disappointed here. A great hidden gem on the north frontage road of 494 just beyond France.Special Features:
- Not what I remembered from WayzataxxxxDined on 6/26/2014Made a reservation and with plenty of other seats, everyone seemed to be seated along a bank of booths next to kitchen. Kitchen noise made conversation difficult. Had a seafood stew. While flavorful, I wouldn't say it was spicy given claim of server. Serving was small considering price and mussels were minute. Glad I didn't order the bowl of mussels. I haven't been to Wayzata location in awhile but I had very good meals there. This was disappointing even though I was hoping to frequent this location. Service was attentive.
- Eh, I've had bettereastbankDined on 6/11/2014Was really excited to try this place out. Overall the food was good and the service even better. However, for the price, the food should be of a much higher caliber.
- DisappointingdisappointedDined on 6/7/2014food was not the same quality as our last visit. The service however was exceptionl
- Blue PointPepeDavidDined on 5/29/2014Blue Point is a consistently good restaurant. They cook their fish very well and the restaurant appears clean. A great lunch spot, I will need to try it for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food is very fresh and quite good and the service was, by and large, pretty good. We had to wait a while for someone to come to our table, and she didn't stop by very often, but overall it was just fine. Our biggest disappointment was how empty the restaurant was on a Friday night. At most, 1/4 of the tables were filled for a 7 p.m. reservation. There wasn't much vibe here and that detracted from our experience.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We had an excellent dinner with a respectful waiter who did not interrupt us as we were talking business. The service was efficient and the food and beverages were very good. This is the third time I have been there and each time has been a very consistent experience. The fish is outstanding and the pairings with each meal were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fish placemikeDined on 5/12/2014Enjoyed several seafood items:oysters Rockefeller,claim chowder(delicious with noteable sherry flavor),Halibut on pureed yams as well as some great vodka martinis. Bread was made on site and was just like homemade -raisin rye and white !!All items were well presented and tasty.Reasonable portions and price seemed about right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day dinner at Blue PointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed an excellent quiet mother's day dinner at Blue Point in Bloomington. Mussels were excellent. Server was relaxed, pleasant and knowledgeable. Food was excellent and arrived quickly. Very good wine selections. Moderate priced entrees. Quiet atmosphere made conversation easy and spacing of tables kept it private as well. Overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was as great as recommendedMonkeyBillDined on 5/10/2014I had heard nothing but good stuff about this restaurant and they did not fail to meet every standard. My wife and in-laws are very knowledgeable when it comes to wine and thought this was one of the most diverse wine lists in the Twin Cities. Would definitively return for any occasion.Special Features:
- Saturday nights rock!NanamissBVIPDined on 5/3/2014I did not know about the Saturday night special so I was surprised and delighted. We loved it and will go back often even though it is a drive of 25 minutes for us. Worth it!Special Features:
- Fun BirthdayEatsouttoomuchDined on 5/2/2014First time here. Bar was fun and very inviting. Bar tender was cool and quite chatty. He picked a great Chardonnay for me! Dinner was quote good. Selection was just right. Was a little pricey, but overall the experience met my expectations. Blue Point is on my top five list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT seafood and service!JackJodellVIPDined on 4/24/2014The title says it all - this is one superior seafood house!Special Features:
- Not impressed by the foodChaskaDined on 4/19/2014Went to resturant to celebrate my wife's B-day with my family. Service was great, but the food was lacking any excitement. Had the lobster, which was ok, but had much better elsewhere. Wife's and girls dinner was just so, so. I wouldn't go back for high cost and limited experience.
- Good SeafoodSpiceyDined on 4/16/2014This was my first visit to the Bloomington location of Blue Point. The food is just as great as Wayzata's and I will be sure to return for fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & a great atmospherebl22Dined on 4/15/2014My co-workers and I needed a place with better than average food along with a great atmosphere and we decided to try Blue Point. Our food was amazing and our waitress was hardworking and the atmosphere was perfect. Great experience.Special Features:
- My husband & I have been toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014My husband & I have been to the Wayzata location many times, but this was our first time to Bloomington. The food was great, as was the service. The noise level was probably more energetic than usual, due to the championship hockey game (and since my husband wanted to sit in the bar area to watch the game). We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPatrickDined on 4/11/2014The food was amazing. The price was the opposite of amazing. Would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to find another Blue Point!JoanieVIPDined on 4/11/2014This was our first visit to Blue Point Bloomington (we are regulars at Blue Point Wayzata) and were very pleased with our dinner experience. We will definitely be back. Our favorite kind of food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First ImpressionEPDinerVIPDined on 4/5/2014This was my first visit to Blue Point and would certainly return again. Went for an early dinner so the bar area was empty and fewer than ten other tables full. Very low noise level. Service was very good and the meals matched. Though I enjoyed my monk fish, I enjoyed my wife's swordfish even more. Excellent reason to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.