Blue Point Grill
258 Nassau Street
Princeton, NJ 08542Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Point Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jmgroupprinceton.com/bluepointgrill/
- Phone: 6099211211x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Edgar Urias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Entertainment: Live jazz Saturdays on the patio, weather permitting.
A word from Blue Point Grill
Amazing lineup of the freshest seafood and shellfish, simply prepared to showcase their true flavors. Daily menu that includes a full RAW BAR, classics like New England Clam Chowder and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, to more exotic seafood items such as Whole Greek Bronzino, Australian Barramundi and Point Judith Skate Wings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blue Point Grill - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Blue Point Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
436 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (269)great for outdoor dining (231)fit for foodies (207)special occasion (129)hot spot (61)good for groups (56)romantic (53)kid-friendly (53)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (15)scenic view (12)late-night find (10)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Seafood is their specialty and they do it wonderfully well! Many kinds of fish dishes to choose from as well as other combo entriesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Honored reservations, great service and the food was delicious. BYO is a definite plus. Made the reservations online--so easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We were a party of four with a res at 6PM. Got seated right away at a nice table. Food was great as always, great fish but they're not giving it away. Dinner can be between $25 to $50 per person without alcohol. BYOB. Dessert was acceptable. Overall a nice dining experience for a Tuesday evening. Place gets loud due to all the hard surfaces and tight quarters and throw in some drinkers in the place so the noise level goes up a lot. Good stop for fresh fish.Special Features:
- Food was just okkbeansVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband loved the oysters and the clams casino were really good too. Our entrees left a lot to be desired. My husband ordered the mixed grill, salmon was way over cooked. I ordered clams and linguini. There were plenty of clams but the pasta was way over cooked and mushy. Not likely to return.Special Features:
- Very satisfiedRajPDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent. We had a few questions and the waitress was very knowledgeable, answered them, made an excellent recommendation that my fiancé absolutely loved. I would highly recommend the restaurant and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SeafoodgoodfoodonlyDined on 8/21/2014I always stop at Blue Point grill when visiting Princeton. When I lived there it was pretty much the only restaurant I would eat at because it never disappointed. BYOB lets you bring your favorite beverage. Friendly and inviting. I like eating outside and people watch. The freshest seafood. I love the raw oysters and softshell crabs!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sea fooddrbobDined on 8/20/2014The Blue Point Grill is the best seafood in central Jersey if not in all of New Jersey. We live about 1 hour away and go there often.Special Features:
- best in princetonJohnSPrincetonDined on 8/19/2014overall the best dining experience in Princeton...always the freshest seafood, simply and beautifully prepared...and charming attentive service...our go to place for our married couple "dates"Special Features:
- We're from WisconsinMsusanDined on 8/18/2014where fresh seafood is rare. Whenever we visit Princeton we make a point of eating at the Blue Point Grill. Best to make reservations, though because there's no bar to wait at -- it's BYOB all the way. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Simply prepared fresh fishluv2dineDined on 8/18/2014This BYO always serves simply prepared, and perfectly cooked, fresh fish. The appetizers (lime and jalapeno grilled shrimp, seafood dumplings) are delicious, as is the goat cheese salad, the side order of brussel sprouts, sweet potato fries, and (of course) the fish. My husband loves the oysters and the wait staff is very knowledgable about the different types. Lunch is particularly affordable. My favorite is the blackened salmon caesar salad. One of our favorite restaurants for a healthy and tasty meal.Special Features:
- Awesome!margclpDined on 8/17/2014My family and I truly enjoyed eating at the Blue Point Grill! We each got different items and sampled each others meals, they were all awesome! I didnt realize they are a BYOB and didnt have my own bottle of wine. They directed me 2 doors down to a local liquor store and held my table while I went to make my selection. Out waitress was very sweet and helpful in decision making. They were a little pricey but worth every penny, especially if you are celebrating a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fish w/ nice outdoor seatingSteveDined on 8/16/2014blue point grill has a nice selection of fish, and does a great job of preparing it the service was excellent and attentive however, it is not cheap -- prices are a bit stiff -- but perhaps that is the price for great fish being a BYOB helped to keep the overall cost down a bitSpecial Features:
- It always is excellentShowtimeDined on 8/16/2014We come to Blue Point because it is our favorite fish restaurant other than Aruba. We always have an excellent mealSpecial Features:
- No blues at the Blue Point GrillML29Dined on 8/15/2014This was my first visit to the Blue Point. We were greeted by Virginia who was an exceptional waitress. She asked right away if we had ever been there. She gave me a brief but clear picture of the menu. I had two ideas of what I wanted and she suggested I might want to go a different way, so I did. What an awesome fish I had. I will definitely return, especially when I need a fresh fish fix!Special Features:
- Scallops are fabulousYummyfindsDined on 8/14/2014I celebrated my boyfriends birthday here because he loves scallops and I knew they served them here. We opted to sit outside which was a wise choice because it seemed quieter and the night was perfect for outdoor dining. We started off with the grilled sardines, melon gazpacho and the crab and clam chowder. They were all fantastic and we couldn't wait for the entrees. We had the barnegat scallops and the barnegat tuna. Both so delicious and cooked to perfection. Once we got to dessert, I felt let down. The chocolate lava cake did not live up to the rest of the meal. Well, needless to say, we will be back for everything but dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeIrene3Dined on 8/13/2014Blue Point Grill is a great neighborhood place. It has wonderful, fresh seafood, and lots of nice appetizers. It is casual, but still nice. We go with the kids or on date nights alone. It can be pricey, but the BYOB policy helps keep costs down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off night....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Ordered the mussels. Long story short....... What mussels? More shells and sauce than anything else. Lobster rolls were average. Noise level was deafening! Seriously! Get some acoustics! Still a great place with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hyped upjohntalbottVIPDined on 8/11/2014Very disappointing for a place that's gets so much buzz.
- HappydinerDined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent and innovative. Server knowledgeable and pleasant. A very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014Beautifully shucked oysters and a large choice. Always good. Lobster bisque as good as I have had anywhere. Fresh, well done seafood - everything I've ever had has been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Fresh, Fresh!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014With seafood, fresh is the only you can get the true taste of the sea, and Blue Point really knows their seafood. You must try the raw oysters, the mussels garlic sauce, and the grilled octopus. But beyond the great food, I was amazed at the fabulous service. The waitress was very attentive without over doing it. She knew exactly when to check in on us. The only complaint I have is that there were a few gnats flying around. Otherwise, perfect dining experience. As for those people that left reviews on Yelp and Urban Spoon complaining of bland food, you really don't know your seafood - never over season seafood. Fresh seafood is what you want to taste, not masked by seasoning.Special Features:
- EnjoyableHautierDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed our dinner. The food was fresh. It gets loud. Parking could be difficult. Not open for lunch on weekend.Special Features:
- I leave Dallas to get oysters hereSuzetteDined on 8/9/2014This is my favorite restaurant and I miss it terribly now that I've moved to Dallas. But luckily, I fly back often to Princeton and every time I do, I come here. The oysters are the best I've had in the U.S. If they have Pemaquids on the menu, get them. If they have wild white salmon on the menu, get it. Otherwise my go to order is the tuna with wasabi butter appetizer, 18 oysters to share from the East coast choices available, and New Zealand suzuki mulloway or their fabulous boulliabaise. Fish here is extremely fresh and prepared simply to respect the taste of the fish. Sides are not overdone - just simple, great food. It's BYO so bring your favorite bottle. The staff is wonderful and will remember you if you come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialWorldwideDinerDined on 8/9/2014Food okay but nothing special. We sat outside and it was nice but there's no real barrier between the seats and sidewalk. Many seats were exposed to direct sunlight. BYOB was the best part of the meal. My grilled shrimp was served swimming in oil- I could have gotten that at a lower end seafood restaurant. Nothing green was on the menu - I had to get coleslaw as vegetables! I had been to this restaurant before and had the same impression. However, my husband had never been and since we live around the corner he wanted to experience it for himself. We are worldwide restaurant patrons and were unimpressed with Blue Point Grill.
- Outstanding SeafoodPandJoDined on 8/8/2014Very knowledgeable and friendly staff - Food is always consistently well done, fresh and delicious!! We always enjoy dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and able to answer all of our questions. The food was prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- fish findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2014The appetizer and entrée were outstanding. The brownie a la mode was mainly uncooked batter--very disappointing. Husband said the key lime pie was excellent. Will definitely go for fish once a week.Special Features:
- Outstanding oystersyesbuthowweretheoystersDined on 8/3/2014The hostess took our wine bottle and we had to ask to get it back. The food, however, was of very high quality. The oysters still had their liquor. I recommend the Portuguese grilled sardines! Our waitress was very friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- Fresh and Fabulous!Cleo59Dined on 8/3/2014A wide variety of menu choices satisfies everyone. All of the seafood, fish and veggies were cooked simply and done to perfection. Our desserts (chocolate lava cake and key lime pie) were amazing. Enjoyed an outdoor dining experience and will definitely be returning again and again!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceWindsor16Dined on 8/2/2014Our first time at this BYO in Princeton. They have a private lot which is great because parking is always tough in this area. I had very fresh oysters and my wife the lime shrimp appetizer. I had local swordfish and salmon that was fresh and perfectly done. My wife had the crab cakes which she thought were delicious. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time...FoodiesDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at Blue Point grille. The food was very good with a wide variety of seafood choices. It was a little loud inside but not to the point of being annoying. Lively might be a better word to describe it. The outside was more appealing to me but our group chose inside. I would go there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Always delicious! I had the tilapia encrusted in hazelnut with Cherries and my husband had the scallops.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in PrincetonMMDEDined on 8/1/2014Consistently delicious and fresh seafood prepared simply, great choices for side dishes, excellent service. Usually crowded, so it gets noisy, but highly recommended! BYOB.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerPrincetonNJVIPDined on 7/30/2014Blue Point is one of our favorite restaurants. The seafood is always fresh (from the co-owned seafood store next door) and well-prepared; the service is prompt, friendly and consistent; and, with a reservation, seating is always prompt. Like several restaurants in Princeton, Blue Point is BYOB -- there is no liquor store within a close walk, so make sure and bring something from home or stop on the way. Seating outdoors is a welcome plus, although the street is fairly business and the traffic noise before 8 p.m. can be a annoying. Parking isn't easy, but within 2-3 blocks there's usually a spot. Secret hint: The live bar seats 5-6 people and is a great perch for singles.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fish,seafood seafoodgrammyluDined on 7/30/2014love the food, hate the overwhelming noise-cannot converse without shoutingSpecial Features:
- Re-bookingTigergrrlDined on 7/29/2014Another satisfying meal at Blue Point. Food fresh and cooked well. Attentive service. Lots of choice for fish-lovers and byob. Only difference from the past was size of portion of appetizers and sides, both smaller than ever before. Doesn't bother me except for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodJBWWVIPDined on 7/27/2014We come here often for the terrific seafood. In the winter, the indoors is very noisy, but in the summer, if you can get am outside table, it's lovely with just normal neighborhood noises. The service is apart always good - this time was exceptional - and they are wonderful about accommodating my husband's wheelchair. Highly recommend. BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoannodoDined on 7/26/2014Great seafood, nice outside dining, great service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Seafood Lovers DelightYodiVIPDined on 7/26/2014This BYO is a special treat for lovers of fresh seafood. OMG, everything is delicious and the options for preparation are endless. It's not cheap but the quality and quantity will amaze you. Try a grilled seafood duo. You won't be sorry.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Waitress/service very good. Extensive menu and chowders were excellent; which at $8 they should be. My daughter and I ordered the mix grill, a combo of fish which were both good. They were cooked in a lot of oil which upset my stomach it was so rich tasting. My husband was very disappointed with his Maryland Crabs that were all breading for $38. Simple bread and butter and choice of standard potatoes again were nothing special. We've been in Princeton 2 years and this was our first and most likely last visit.