Blue Point Grill
258 Nassau Street
Princeton, NJ 08542Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Point Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jmgroupprinceton.com/bluepointgrill/
- Phone: 6099211211x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Edgar Urias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Entertainment: Live jazz Saturdays on the patio, weather permitting.
A word from Blue Point Grill
Amazing lineup of the freshest seafood and shellfish, simply prepared to showcase their true flavors. Daily menu that includes a full RAW BAR, classics like New England Clam Chowder and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, to more exotic seafood items such as Whole Greek Bronzino, Australian Barramundi and Point Judith Skate Wings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blue Point Grill - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Blue Point Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
446 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (278)great for outdoor dining (247)fit for foodies (227)special occasion (123)hot spot (64)good for groups (62)romantic (50)kid-friendly (50)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (10)scenic view (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Are we at the coast?PickyNewYorkerDined on 9/19/2014Blue Point Grill was outstanding. The menu packs in a magnificent selection of seafood—everything to fit your mood. We started off with a sampling of oysters, and followed that with salad. Both were incredibly fresh and flavorful and not just fillers while waiting for the main course. The main course, though, was above and beyond. The suzuki mulloway was prepared with lemon and capers, and though it looked simple it was one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. Definitely would recommend this place. Best part? It's byob. So bringing your own wine means more to spend on those amazing oysters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood I knowTomBDined on 9/19/2014Superb seafood, best I know of in New Jersey. Outdoor dining is great, indoor is fine can be a bit noisy. BYO.Special Features:
- Princeton ClassicTonyBVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went to the Blue Point Grill specifically for some Oysters. The place was, as always, mobbed and noisy. It is that way because you can't get better or fresher fish anywhere. it doesn't have much else to recommend it but what fish! We shared the 18 piece oyster sampler and had appetizers to go with it., grilled octopus and sardines. The oysters were briny fresh, the appetizers were simply prepared but delicious. If that sort of thing is what you want, go for it. It is what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Point memorable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Blue Point with our two boys, age 13 and 10. The service was prompt, friendly and efficient. We weren't sure if our 10 year old would like the Lobster Bisque so the server quickly gave him a small taste and he loved it. That was very nice of them. The menu was varied with many special fish you wouldn't get elsewhere. I had the shrimp and crawfish etoufee that was out of this world yummy. My wife had the paella, which she especially liked. Our 13 year old had a massive slab of swordfish that even a teenager could like. And our 10 year old had a perfectly prepared chicken cutlet. The banana chocolate chip rum bread pudding was to die for.Special Features:
- AwesomeBostonWannabeDined on 9/19/2014This is the second time I have been able to come to this establishment. Both times have been great! Love the food & the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never better - Portuguese octopusMissMiaDined on 9/18/2014The best seafood place in Princeton NJ! Great selection of fresh, wild caught fish that can't be found all the time in other restaurants' menus! One item to die for is the Portuguese octopus - nicely balanced flavor, oiliness, grilled just right. Phenomenal mussels - they really pick the outstanding ones for customers! Also, have to love their mixed grill combinations that let you taste two fish at the same time. The only downside - stick with the seafood. The filet mignon comes out a bit dry, the chicken is just 'chicken' that you would eat anywhere else. P.S. BYOB works great for foodies who are also wine lovers as you don't have to spend $$$ to have a great pairing.Special Features:
- Great fish, Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Friendly staff served great food. BYOB but liquor store near by. Nice atmosphere and convenient location in Princeton. Enjoyable evening. Wish I had to be in Princeton more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specializes in SeafoodMadDogDined on 9/17/2014Has a great variety of oysters available. Had sardine appetizer - OK. Halibut for entre was a little over cooked which is a cardinal sin for a seafood restaurant. BYOB is a plus. Difficult parking. Princeton continues to suffer with paucity of outstanding restaurants.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014This was our first time back to this restaurant in a while and we were very impressed with both the food and the service. The seafood selection was extensive and everything was simply but deliciously prepared. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed and outdoor dining is an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!!!GimoniqueDined on 9/16/2014I really enjoyed my steak dinner. It was marinated and cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SaltySameDined on 9/15/2014The mixed fish grill entree was very good. The clam pasta was way too salty - night and day when compared to the ones we had even at moderate/inexpensive restaurants in Italy - if the clams were fresh, why would you do that? Also, we had to constantly wave away a fly or flies during the meal (in door).
- TintableDined on 9/15/2014Very loud.. Food came cold.. Small servings this time..
- best seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014we drive an hour and a half to come here small world coffee then best seafood in jersey(or philly)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Fish!CLV1030Dined on 9/14/2014Whether it is oysters, chowder, Salmon or Scallops the Blue Point Grill has the freshest food in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as ever !regiVIPDined on 9/14/2014awesome dinning last sunday - outside dinning with the people we love ! life better can not be better !Special Features:
- Fun, Casual DiningHappyDinerDined on 9/14/2014Blue Point is located in downtown Princeton, NJ which an upscale college town. The restaurant has a lively group of young and mature diners. The wait staff is very attentive and the food was fresh, tasty and presented very well. The menu was based on what was available on that day, so the menu changes every day. We had Cape May Salt Oysters as an appetizer, a warm goat cheese salad and a mixed grill consisting of wild salmon and Sea Bass ..... Yum, Yum!! As good as we have had anywhere. We took of own wine and there as no corking fee. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Superb quality and varietyNygirlVIPDined on 9/10/2014Fish is always fresh and cooked to perfection. Only complaint is high noise level. I guess thats one reason people eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GotFishPrincetonDinerDined on 9/10/2014This place has excellent fish and service is customer friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mtzionDined on 9/9/2014the food was extraordinary and the service even better. we live at the shore and have been to some of the areas top seafood restaurants-Blue Point Grill leaves the others in the dust. Had the grilled octopus-outstanding! Scallops were cooked to order and absolutely "melt in your mouth" good. Service was attentive, courteous and helpful. Could not have asked for anything better. we left feeling as though we had a "culinary experience."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointWillbebackDined on 9/7/2014I have eaten here many times and it is always great! The fish is so fresh and delicious. Service is usually very good but this time our server was exceptionally good. We will go back again.Special Features:
- best restaurant in agesefgreviewDined on 9/6/2014This meal was wonderful from appetizers to dessert! We loved the oysters, the seared tuna, and our entrees that included scallops artic char , sea bass and blackened catfish - all were terrific. We are already planning a return trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fishColachrisDined on 9/6/2014Food service and surroundings are wonderful. Had the sea bass.....outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!livehereDined on 9/5/2014As locals we make Blue Point Grill a regular stop and are never disappointed. Food is always good, fresh & arrives in reasonable time. It is a noise filled scene so not necessarily a spot for romantic or deep interactions.Special Features:
- Service...Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014We've been to Blue Point Grill and always enjoy the food. We were seated quickly this particular evening but then waited 15 minutes before a waiter appeared. Staring at our bottle of wine, he finally introduced himself. The meal itself was good except the Salmon we ordered cooked through was delivered rare. The waiter did offer to correct the situation but we had been sitting long enough. Unfortunately not the best experience.Special Features:
- Great fish selections!ChuckDined on 9/5/2014Food was very good and the fish selections we're very good! Service was good, noise level was high but ok for a group.Special Features:
- KatarinaDined on 9/5/2014Amazing place, spectacular food! The mussels in the butter/garlic sauce were delicious. The scallops with garlic mashed was out of this world. Our waiter Fernando was very friendly, helpful. Would definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSchreibmanmat2Dined on 9/4/2014Service and food were awesome top seafood restaurant in the state great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the mark this timeAndySVIPDined on 9/4/2014Eat here fairly often and really generally enjoy the fresh and varied seafood. The menu changing daily to the days catch is great. The service this day was very slow and disappointing, nice when they got to you, but very slow. Empty water glasses and such all around, to be fair it was many people sitting outside that were waiting for things. Maybe missing a server. The Chilean Sea Bass at 40ish was great but we don't eat starches, and it comes with a baked potatoe. Asked for a vegetable instead but they do not substitute. So, a little expensive this night for bad service, a piece of very good fish sitting alone on the plate....maybe offer a salad or veggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealhoustonresidentVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very good seafood in an unremarkable, unexpected spot!Special Features:
- freshest seafood anywhereJDFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014We started with a nice sized cup of Manhattan she crab chowder which was delicious, but perhaps a few too many potatoes. The house salas was okay. But the crab and avocado martini was fabulous. Served with tortilla chips, this perfect. For entrees we had blackened catfish that was done perfectly and served with a baked potato, and, as always, I can't resist the scallops which were nicely grilled and served with a baked sweet potato. Absolutely delicious and enough to take home (after the starters). Service was attentive and professional, and best of all, not rushed. We hadn't been here in years, but that will definitely change. We'll be returning very soon.Special Features:
- THE BEST CRAB CAKESSwedeDined on 9/1/2014Unless I cook at home...and I've never made crab cakes (why would I!!) these are absolutely the best..worth a big drive!Special Features:
- Princeton's BestFoodDocDined on 8/31/2014You crave the best fish, served by always knowledgeable servers, with the best sweet potato fries or mashed? Always a hot scene but Open Tables gets you in? BLUE POINT is THE place! Never disappoints! Bring some wine along and enjoy the friendly staff, excellent starters and another memorable meal. Large selection of the freshest fish found anywhere. Excellent sides, too. But the main course is generous and I delightfully wash it along with some Muscadet or Sancerre. Perhaps a Sav. Blanc from New Zealand. Been here often and it has never missed the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!Wilks44Dined on 8/30/2014We went for dinner here on Saturday night. Party of 5 with some dietary issues. Wait staff was great. Answered all of our questions. The oysters were so fresh ... My son loved them! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princeton Gem!!CynthiaDined on 8/30/2014I came here for my B-Day with a group of five and we had so much fun! Thank you Carlos and Kristina! I haven't been to BPG in awhile and can't remember why. Everything is fresh. The seafood is simple but perfect. Later we walked across the street to Thomas Sweets for ice cream. So great. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying but deafening!HopefulPatronDined on 8/30/2014We had reservations and were seated right away. We then sat for almost twenty minutes and no waiter/waitress came to our table. I finally flagged down one of the waiters, "Chris". He took excellent care of us for the rest of the evening and is an outstanding waiter. The food was very good and the portions were generous. The seafood was fresh and cooked to order. The noise level is deafening. We could not converse at the table because the noise level was so great. If you go in milder weather, sit outside where it is quiet and you can hold a conversation with your dinner companions.Special Features:
- Fresh FishLike2eatDined on 8/29/2014From appetizer to entree to dessert, everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NCYMLRDined on 8/29/2014everything was great. the wait staff and the host staff were fantasticSpecial Features:
- TulanearchiVIPDined on 8/28/2014Grilled shrimp, spicy mayo & garlic smash///perfect!Special Features:
- Unique & Always Very GoodGreenVIPDined on 8/28/2014A BYO with outside dining and great food (seafood) is difficult to find in the Princeton area (think Mistral and the more sophisticated Eno Tera). Service @ Blue Point is always excellent. PS there is a liquor store next block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Point Grill in Princetonbuddydiner2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food is excellent and service is good as well. It's a little noisy if you are seated close to the kitchen but the excellent food makes up for any downsides. BYOB adds charm and you know that it's not a pretentious place.Special Features: