Blue Point Grill
258 Nassau Street
Princeton, NJ 08542Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Point Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jmgroupprinceton.com/bluepointgrill/
- Phone: (609) 921-1211
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Edgar Urias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Entertainment: Live jazz Saturdays on the patio, weather permitting.
A word from Blue Point Grill
Amazing lineup of the freshest seafood and shellfish, simply prepared to showcase their true flavors. Daily menu that includes a full RAW BAR, classics like New England Clam Chowder and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, to more exotic seafood items such as Whole Greek Bronzino, Australian Barramundi and Point Judith Skate Wings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blue Point Grill - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Blue Point Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Delicious grilled fishApiciusDined on 11/23/2014All fish we've had is perfectly cooked, well presented, unfussy, delicious. Courteous, helpful, non-intrusive staff. One of Princeton's best eating spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014While the food was very good, having to pay a rather high price for a salad and side vegetables that weren't very generous made this the only time we will visit. We were hoping to find a new good reasonable seafood restaurant, but this will NOT be the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndrewVIPDined on 11/22/2014Excellent seafood restaurant in Princeton, with delicious food and friendly service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best find in PrincetonQualityovrquantityDined on 11/22/2014This might have been our 40th time dining at the Blue Point Grill...and this time was just like the very first time... PERFECT in all aspects, from the host/hostess/ to the servers, to the food itself! never had a bad meal. You know you been here alot, when they know you by name! EXCELLENT as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemskiddyDined on 11/21/2014No frills, just the best fish cooked simply and well. Service is friendly and efficient without being intrusive. Not inexpensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice - Fish Cooked To PerfectionJHH369Dined on 11/20/2014Have dined many times at Blue Point Grill and have never been disappointed with the food or service. In the summer often choose out door seating as dinning inside it can be noisy. The fish is always fresh, cooked to perfection and served with a choice of appetizing side dishes. Highly recommend the Blue Point Grill if you are looking for a great place to dine in the Princeton area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SK15Dined on 11/19/2014We were totally disappointed. The appetizer (a shrimp dish) was cold, too sour, shrimp was NOT jumbo but no bigger than medium, Main entree - crab cake had lot more filler than crab, other entree - Sword fish dish was much smaller than we expected. Both entrees were tasteless and cold. The ambience was that of a fast food place. Seating was uncomfortable. We will not eat there again and not recommend this to anyone either. We left a generous tip of about 20% but it does not reflect our appreciation of the food/service.. but we did not want to penalise the staff. The experience was definitely NOT worth the cost.
- consistently greattraveler092013VIPDined on 11/18/2014I write the same thing every time. Nothing new. This is the best place in Princeton in my opinion. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Good Night: start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014THis is the first time we had a bad meal here. It started bad and ended worse. They ran out of swordship and scallops but then said they could make the scallops. The portion was less than satisfying and my daughter's seabass was so bad, she couldn't eat it at all. I was surprised that they did not offer to fix and/or remove from check (Seabass is $42 and this is an ala-carte menu). We used to eat at Blue Point Grill all the time. Not sure if we are going to go back.
- My favorite restaurant in PrincetonaC42XDined on 11/15/2014Love this place. Literally right next door to a seafood market, so the fish and oysters are always fresh and delicious. Also BYO, so they always have whatever wine you want :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentluvchocolateVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great location if meeting people form north/south. Casual dining. Finding parking can be a challenge.The waiter was outstanding in recommendations and service. The menu has many options and it was difficult to make a choice as everything looked great. The crab/avocado salad was a generous portion and delicious, soup was excellent, as were the dumplings. The fish is fresh and cooked perfectly without a lot of sauces/spices. This is a BYOB. Highly recommend and can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic seafood! Everything else just "ok"TechGalDined on 11/15/2014No question -- the seafood here is fantastic! Very fresh, well-prepared. All of the other food (soup, salad, sides, bread) is fairly mediocre, basically "ok". The ambiance is also just "ok". So it's a good idea to adjust your expectations -- go here for seafood, - nothing else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!mks727Dined on 11/14/2014My husband and I ate at Blue Point to celebrate our 32nd Anniversary this past Friday evening. From start to finish, our meal was awesome. We started with a dozen oysters; shared a goat cheese, dried cherry and candied pecan salad. For entrees, my husband had the tuna and I had the lobster. For dessert, we shared the key lime pie. This was one of the best meals that we have had in a very long time. Our waitress was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful; the rest of the staff was attentive as well. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- save ur time and moneypoesravenDined on 11/14/2014No way worth the price. i love seafood they have a large selection but none of what we ordered was even above mediocre.
- Predictably Great!TonyDined on 11/14/2014You must try the Sea Bass and the Oysters are always fresh and delicious. Another wonderful meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love local fish!three2beachDined on 11/13/2014Love the local scallops! simple and exquisite! There was something on the menu for everyone in the family- even my picky eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014We hadn't been to BPG for a few years, but we won't be waiting that long again. I went with my wife and 10 year old son and everyone enjoyed their experience. The atmosphere is very inviting for families since it can get noisy, but not so much that you can't hold a conversation. The food here is always fresh and tasty. We particularly enjoyed the roasted beets which is extra as a vegetable side, but worth it. Food comes out quickly too if you are having multiple courses which is great when dining with kids. The servers were very nice and attentive. And the fact that it is BYOB can help keep the bill down a bit. There is also outside seating but the weather was rainy and cold the day we went, so we sat inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014We enjoy BG. Tonight we had an out of town guest who we wanted to treat to one of our Princeton favorite restaurants. Service was very good and food was excellent. Unfortunately we had a loud group near us celebrating a birthday which made it difficult to coverse - not the fault of BP - just a challenge to catch up over dinner - it is a tight seating set up given the space but we have had worse in NY and Philly. Still remains one of the best in town - food alwYs consistently good although I do wish you could substitute a green vegetable for the potsto choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular restaurantJakemonVIPDined on 11/10/2014This is our favorite restaurant. Consistently great food and a warm friendly staff. We love it here and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Princeton GemTravelerDined on 11/10/2014Very good seafood right in downtown Princeton. Good sized portions and the seafood dishes were well prepared. The chef seems to know how to pull the flavor of the fish out and not overpower it with sauces. The swordfish was cooked very well - not over done - and was still tender and flakey. The monkfish was outstanding! The tuna appetizer was seared just enough. Overall it was a very good meal. Be sure to stop by the Varsity Liquors 2-blocks up before you go, or your favorite spirits store - this is a BYOB.Special Features:
- Great seafood choices!HarvestdancerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Had a wonderful meal at Blue Point. Menu is wonderful and offers variety and choice! Fresh seafood is a highlight: had the best scallops I've ever had ("Barnegat Scallops") Crab and clam chowder excellent: other guests had New England Chowder also rave reviews. Everyone (four of us) had a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Fresh seafood, pleasant serviceGlennCanDined on 11/8/2014Blue Point Grill serves great, fresh seafood that is prepared to enhance the quality of the fish. The service is friendly and attentive, without being overbearing.Special Features:
- love this placexmazepaDined on 11/8/2014We love to come here once in a while for nice quiet dinner. Oysters just awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014We selected Blue Point Grill because we were staying in Princeton and my husband wanted fish for dinner. It was a great experience from start to fish. The server, Tommy, was professional and knowledgeable. When we realized that they didn't serve alcohol, he suggested that we purchase a bottle of wine from the store next door and he'd be happy to open and serve it (no corkage fee). My grilled shrimp in a lime, honey and jalapeño sauce appetizer was spectacular, and my grilled swordfish served with wild rice main course was the best piece of fish I have ever eaten. It was flavorful and grilled to perfection. We will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Favorite place in PrincetonBrunchdestroyerDined on 11/7/2014This is hands down my favorite restaurant in Princeton. The food is amazing and always consistent. There are so many items to choose from and the service is always on point. I like that it's byob because it definitely keeps the bill low. Tommy P is my favorite waiter, so knowledgable and fun! Request him on your next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish along with great serviceTraveler60Dined on 11/7/2014Blue Point is always on point for the best fish you can find! Our waiter Tommy was great! Helpful explaining certain dishes and making great recommendations as well as efficient. Blue Point is never a disappointment!Special Features:
- Don't miss it!BonAppetit2UDined on 11/7/2014This is the best fresh seafood restaurant in the area. BYOB is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terribly noisyfoodfightDined on 11/6/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal with friends. However, we could hardly hear each other speak because of the noise level in the restaurant, which ruined the dining experience.Special Features:
- Back to basicsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/5/2014Blue Point is very dependable, friendly, excellent food with emphasis on fish and a fun place to return to, anytime of the year.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/5/2014I've always heard great things about this restaurant, but never bothered trying it until now. I wasn't excited at first, but once I sat down the whole experience was uphill from there! The food was spectacular, service was great...would definitely recommend
- Excellent food, very loudPrincetonprofDined on 11/4/2014Great food. How many restaurants overcook fish? This one doesn't. Excellent selection, especially oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Chilean Sea Bass everaverageDined on 11/4/2014We were surprised by the brown bag policy (would have liked to have known this before we arrived - maybe make this stand out on the Open Table page), but everything else was fabulous. Such an amazing selection of well known and exotic fishes. The Sea Bass absolutely melted in my mouth, like butter! And don't miss the Crab Guacamole Martini appetizer (very large, made to share). Great, friendly service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time. Great time.DeeMackDined on 11/3/2014Service was great. Food was great. Very relaxed clean place. The heat lamps were on but I did not sit outside because was was a little too windy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanetFresh1Dined on 11/2/2014The food and service were both extraordinary. Every course, every dish delighted! Our very knowledgeable, attentive waiter deserves special mention, as well. Blue Point Grill is arguably Princeton's best restaurant.Special Features:
- Always greatSwedeDined on 11/2/2014We were a table of six,one being a young man of 9..The waittress was very pleasant about all questions...about all requests and everyone liked their food very much...A very happy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!BeaglemomDined on 11/1/2014It was fabulous. Felt like I was down in LBI. I had Barnegat scallops that were tender and sweet. Our server Tommy was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in Central JerseyCatharineDined on 10/31/2014Came here for my boyfriend's birthday; we love, love Blue Point! I highly recommend the fried shrimp dumplings and the wasabi seared tuna - you can get it as an entree too! Note that the entree portion is quite large. BF had the blackened snapper, which he loved. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Nothing fishy here!lfmp48VIPDined on 10/31/2014This continues to be one of our favorite restaurants...and we once again, enjoyed a terrific meal with great service. The fish is so fresh here and the choice really unparalleled. Add to that a wonderful squash soup just perfect for autumn and Bent Spoon ice cream for dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Another excellent evening at the Blue Point Grill -- they never disappoint. The BPG graciously accommodated our large group and we were treated to an array of amazing appetizers (Smoked Tuna Pate, Crab & Guacamole Martini, Jalapeno & Lime Grilled Shrimp & Calamari) and entrees. The New Zealand Suzuki Mulloway and Chilean Sea Bass were cooked to perfection and scallops, tuna, Mahi Mahi, and bouillabaisse, among others ordered by our group, were excellent. Everyone enjoyed the evening and all were especially impressed by the quality and simplicity of the preparations. The BPG is by far the best Seafood Restaurant in Central NJ!! It is where I always take my colleagues when they are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pescatarian delightEpicureDined on 10/30/2014If you like eating fish, the Blue Point Grill is the place to go. It offers a large variety of fish - all fresh and of the highest quality and prepared simply to bring out the full flavor. Reservations are necessary, as this wonderful restaurant is (appropriately) very popular.Special Features: