Blue Point Grill
258 Nassau Street
Princeton, NJ 08542Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Point Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jmgroupprinceton.com/bluepointgrill/
- Phone: 6099211211x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Edgar Urias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Entertainment: Live jazz Saturdays on the patio, weather permitting.
A word from Blue Point Grill
Amazing lineup of the freshest seafood and shellfish, simply prepared to showcase their true flavors. Daily menu that includes a full RAW BAR, classics like New England Clam Chowder and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, to more exotic seafood items such as Whole Greek Bronzino, Australian Barramundi and Point Judith Skate Wings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blue Point Grill - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Blue Point Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
443 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (285)great for outdoor dining (242)fit for foodies (231)special occasion (114)hot spot (68)good for groups (63)kid-friendly (53)romantic (44)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Oyster BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We went to the Blue Point on a Saturday afternoon, great timing as all food was ready but restaurant was empty in the calm before the storm. The staff is excellent, the owners must choose their wait people for good nature and positive attitude. We chose oysters in 4's from their long list and they were excellent. It's BYO wine so we had a nice Bordeaux white with us, the waitress even brought us a bucket w/ice to keep it chilled. Wonderful place to spend a pleasant hour or two. Highly recommended.
- Very extensive fish menuMitch1Dined on 10/17/2014Restaurant has one of the largest fish menus outside of a NYC seafood restaurant. We ordered the grilled sardines for appetizers which were excellent and bouillabaisse and salmon for main course. Both were very good. The broth in the bouillabaisse was very tasty. Would definitely return when visiting Princeton next.Special Features:
- Predictably wonderful!deliciosaDined on 10/17/2014Once again we enjoyed a perfect seafood meal. Our food was wonderfully prepared and our server, Tommy, was attentive, friendly and professional. We will be back again and again. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood simply prepared...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014I'm not a huge fish eater, but have eaten here three times and always have enjoyed my meal. Fresh, simple, classic preparations always well prepared. Attentive service. There is a reason why they are almost always booked! - Not an inexpensive fish & chips place, but the quality is very very good. Atmosphere is simple. Similar to a seafood restaurant along the shore or on Nantucket...Special Features:
- Best fresh fish in our arearosieVIPDined on 10/17/2014We love Blue Point...it's the perfect place for fresh fish we have never been disappointed... Our waiter, Tom was awesome...smart, friendly, and witty.. One criticism is some dishes were way too expensive...Special Features:
- consistently greattraveler092013VIPDined on 10/16/2014The food there is not just consistently great, but is also healthy, not pretentious. Service is consistently good. Enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Not cheap, but worth every penny. BYOB reduces the pain somewhat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodwlafoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great seafood in Princeton, and a great value. They are always crowded, so be sure to make a reservation. No wine, but you can BYOB or there is a wine shop a couple of doors away where you can buy bottles of red or chilled white, and they will uncork it for you for no charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pupmamaDined on 10/9/2014The food is always fresh and well prepared. We always enjoy the outdoor seating--even given that the Nassau Street traffic can get pretty loud at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood SelectionNewtoNJDined on 10/8/2014I took my parents here when they came to town and everyone was pleased with their meals. Not a restaurant for someone who doesn't love seafood. Everything we had was fantastic, but remember it is BYOB so come prepared! Try the calamari and the Crawfish Etoufee! Will be going back for special occasions in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatDined on 10/7/2014We have been coming to Blue Point since it opened about 15 years ago. We have never had a bad experience. They have numerous fish and sea food choices. Yesterday I had the soft shell crab which was excellent. My husband had the steelhead salmon/Chilean sea bass special which he loved. We both recommend Blue Point highly. The food is of the highest quality and sourced so it never gets too pricey. The servers are knowledgable and extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greattraveler092013VIPDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant serves simply made absolutely delicious honest food. Unfortunately, the last two times ae dined there, they run out of the whole fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodTishVIPDined on 10/4/2014Fish was really nicely cooked, not over done, simple, big portions, very fresh. The sides were also really good and fresh. My only issue with the place was that my clothes smelled like fish from the inadequate kitchen ventilation.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in PrincetonPrincetonpopDined on 10/4/2014If you are in the mood for seafood, this is the only place to go in Princeton. The food is always well-prepared and the service is always good. Reservations are a must. If you are new to Princeton, this is a bring your own wine establishment, corkage is free! Come prepared.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsLuvlbiDined on 10/3/2014this is the best seafood restaurant. They have many choices of seafood and will be prepared to your likings. We have been here many times and have always had great food. Mussels are outstanding and give you a plentiful portion. The service is great and the servers are always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood done right!!!!NJSeafoodFanDined on 9/30/2014My party had a number of the soups and chowders an all were excellent. The wild caught New Jersey bluefish was outstanding. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeniceDined on 9/30/2014The only thing better than the food was the service. Truly very fresh fish prepared the way one requests it. Additions and substitutions easily accommodated. Very friendly staff. A pleasure spending time and money there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafoodYoungcoupleDined on 9/29/2014I've had the mixed grill (Irish Salmon & Chilean Sea Bass) with garlic mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts. Both fish were fantastic (but I have to say that the Sea Bass is my preferred by far). The seafood is always prepared to perfection in this place. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always a winnerPrincetonNJVIPDined on 9/28/2014I've been to Blue Point probably 10 times this year, and it really amazes me how consistently great I find the service and food. Servers all seem to love their job, work together and create a fun experience. I usually start with fresh oysters, and there's always a great selection from the adjacent seafood store with the same owner. This time I went with a seafood stew at the suggestion of the waitress, and it was a winner. Usually I stick with salmon or another fresh fish. They will prepare things as simply as you'd like, including just steaming the Brussels sprouts if you don't want the sautéed version. Sitting outside on the wide sidewalk is a little noisy, but not bad after about 8:30 pm. BYOB makes a joyful wine or beer experience easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBathinape84Dined on 9/28/2014Ate the mako shark.....it was amazing! There other entrees that I would try when I go again. I would recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Fresh seafood, great serviceopentable25VIPDined on 9/27/2014This BYO restaurant is right on Nassau Street in Princeton. With over 70 seats for outdoor dining this is an ideal location for enjoying the town. The staff is extremely knowledgeable about all the fresh fish. If you are a seafood lover, you've got to try this place. Added bonus--right next store is a fish market that sells the same fresh fish cooked at the restaurant!Special Features:
- Always deliciousRednose63Dined on 9/26/2014We have been coming to Blue Piint Grill for many years and we have never been disappointed. The food is always terrific as well as the service. The noise level inside can get a bit loud at times but you always wait for seating outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodPleasedinPrincetonDined on 9/26/2014We have been coming to the Blue Point Grill for many years. The food is always fresh and well-prepared. It is not a restaurant for lingering over a meal, though. The menu 'sides' have remained the same. Their 'formula' works if what you are seeking is a good fish dinner.Special Features:
- reserveVIPDined on 9/25/2014The Blue Point is always good! You can't beat the fresh fish anywhereSpecial Features:
- Love it!redhookgirlDined on 9/25/2014I used to come here all the time when I lived in Princeton. I moved away almost ten years ago and was thrilled to come back and find out that it's as good as ever. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- My first but not last visit.....ForestHillsFoodie1Dined on 9/25/2014I have always wanted to go to Blue Point grill but having moved from NJ, I finally had an opportunity for my son and his family to join me (and do the driving). It was fabulous. Our server, Shannon, was wonderful and the food was really great. It was a 100% pleasurable experience and one that I hope to have again. I wish there were a similar place in my 'hood......but not yet! Excellent evening all around.Special Features:
- Quality food, great choicespongetedDined on 9/21/2014There's always a great choice on the menu here, the quality is great and the portions are generous. This is one of the best restaurants in Princeton, where you feel like your money is going towards good quality food, as opposed to pretentious menus/surroundings.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014I thought the portions were huge and you def. got your moneys worth.Special Features:
- MikepDined on 9/20/2014The only fresher fish would be to catch it on a boat and cook it in the galley!!! Great Fish /Excellent seafood presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are we at the coast?PickyNewYorkerDined on 9/19/2014Blue Point Grill was outstanding. The menu packs in a magnificent selection of seafood—everything to fit your mood. We started off with a sampling of oysters, and followed that with salad. Both were incredibly fresh and flavorful and not just fillers while waiting for the main course. The main course, though, was above and beyond. The suzuki mulloway was prepared with lemon and capers, and though it looked simple it was one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. Definitely would recommend this place. Best part? It's byob. So bringing your own wine means more to spend on those amazing oysters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood I knowTomBDined on 9/19/2014Superb seafood, best I know of in New Jersey. Outdoor dining is great, indoor is fine can be a bit noisy. BYO.Special Features:
- Princeton ClassicTonyBVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went to the Blue Point Grill specifically for some Oysters. The place was, as always, mobbed and noisy. It is that way because you can't get better or fresher fish anywhere. it doesn't have much else to recommend it but what fish! We shared the 18 piece oyster sampler and had appetizers to go with it., grilled octopus and sardines. The oysters were briny fresh, the appetizers were simply prepared but delicious. If that sort of thing is what you want, go for it. It is what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Point memorable diningfamdineDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Blue Point with our two boys, age 13 and 10. The service was prompt, friendly and efficient. We weren't sure if our 10 year old would like the Lobster Bisque so the server quickly gave him a small taste and he loved it. That was very nice of them. The menu was varied with many special fish you wouldn't get elsewhere. I had the shrimp and crawfish etoufee that was out of this world yummy. My wife had the paella, which she especially liked. Our 13 year old had a massive slab of swordfish that even a teenager could like. And our 10 year old had a perfectly prepared chicken cutlet. The banana chocolate chip rum bread pudding was to die for.Special Features:
- AwesomeBostonWannabeDined on 9/19/2014This is the second time I have been able to come to this establishment. Both times have been great! Love the food & the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never better - Portuguese octopusMissMiaDined on 9/18/2014The best seafood place in Princeton NJ! Great selection of fresh, wild caught fish that can't be found all the time in other restaurants' menus! One item to die for is the Portuguese octopus - nicely balanced flavor, oiliness, grilled just right. Phenomenal mussels - they really pick the outstanding ones for customers! Also, have to love their mixed grill combinations that let you taste two fish at the same time. The only downside - stick with the seafood. The filet mignon comes out a bit dry, the chicken is just 'chicken' that you would eat anywhere else. P.S. BYOB works great for foodies who are also wine lovers as you don't have to spend $$$ to have a great pairing.Special Features:
- Great fish, Good serviceMaggieAteHereDined on 9/18/2014Friendly staff served great food. BYOB but liquor store near by. Nice atmosphere and convenient location in Princeton. Enjoyable evening. Wish I had to be in Princeton more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specializes in SeafoodMadDogDined on 9/17/2014Has a great variety of oysters available. Had sardine appetizer - OK. Halibut for entre was a little over cooked which is a cardinal sin for a seafood restaurant. BYOB is a plus. Difficult parking. Princeton continues to suffer with paucity of outstanding restaurants.
- Great Seafoodm2eatDined on 9/17/2014This was our first time back to this restaurant in a while and we were very impressed with both the food and the service. The seafood selection was extensive and everything was simply but deliciously prepared. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed and outdoor dining is an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!!!GimoniqueDined on 9/16/2014I really enjoyed my steak dinner. It was marinated and cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SaltySameDined on 9/15/2014The mixed fish grill entree was very good. The clam pasta was way too salty - night and day when compared to the ones we had even at moderate/inexpensive restaurants in Italy - if the clams were fresh, why would you do that? Also, we had to constantly wave away a fly or flies during the meal (in door).